Thread: Is it Possible?

Question Is it Possible?

I've heard its possible to have the items in your hotbar saved so that when you die (past level 10 or whatever the lvl is that doesnt let you loose during death). I REALLY hate dying, not because of res shock or loss of xp but because i hate resetting the hotbar, i heard its possible by making a file read only or something.

Okay, heres your soloution.

Create your hotbar in the same manner, adding all the stuff to it that you want to use,

When youve done that, go to any save terminal and save your character, this will then save your hotbar aswell, so when you die you loose nothing.

But obviously rezshock applies after lvl 20
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

Cool

Tikon, I think he means saving the items that you put on your hotbar (like treatment/nano kits).

Unfortunately only items that are in your main inventory can be on your hotbar, so when you lose them due to death (when they end up in the reclaim terminal) they will no longer be on your hotbar.
    Afaik there is no way to have the references stay on your hotbar, which of course does not mean there isn't a way.
    It's easy to sit there and say you want more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. Sitting there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money.
    -----------------------------
    Myrdraal
    Ehlenia
    Alektca

I would set your AO directory to Read Only. That should do it up right.

LOL!!!

NOOBS!!!

The only things on you hotbar that do not fall off when dieing are...

nano programs, items on "you" (gun, armor, NCU belt etc.), specials...

Everything else falls off. Your nano kits, treatment labs, backpacks whatever that is not "on" you.

Your macros should stay on the hotbar aswell.

/me shakes his head at the misinformation floating on these boards
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

im not a newb, and im asking is there a way to make the items stay there after they leave your inv, like making your ao directory read only, that would probably cause problems with other stuff tho, im sure theres an easier fix, making the actual file your hotbar saves to read only

No, there is no way to do what your asking. To do so would be "not as intended". If you found a way to do this it would be considered an exploit as losing your items from your inventory is "part" of the game.

Any alteration is a no no.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

It's amazing how many people try to answer your question when they don't actually understand what you're asking :P

The question, for those of you who are confused, is whether or not you can preserve shortcuts on your shortcut bar after you die. If you've ever tried putting a link up there to anything in your inventory (a gun or firstaid, etc) you would find that when you die, it vanishes from your bar as well.

Would be nice if it would stay, but I think the fact that the link breaks when the item leaves your inventory implies that there is no way to make the link stay. As long as the items go away, the link will go away too.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Is there any way to put something on your tool bar that will make lots of creds too? Im poor.

WHoops wrong forum
    Hangtown
    -I can't find my pants
    -The Slowest MA in Tir
    -Wise Sage to All Noobs
    -Soothsayer to the Incompetent
    -All Around Nice Guy
    -Killing Guards Is Good For the Soul!
    -Like Whoa!

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Level limits make baby Jesus cry.

Originally posted by Hangtown
    Is there any way to put something on your tool bar that will make lots of creds too? Im poor.

WHoops wrong forum
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Cool

Originally posted by Luxxan
    It's amazing how many people try to answer your question when they don't actually understand what you're asking :P

The question, for those of you who are confused, is whether or not you can preserve shortcuts on your shortcut bar after you die. If you've ever tried putting a link up there to anything in your inventory (a gun or firstaid, etc) you would find that when you die, it vanishes from your bar as well.

Would be nice if it would stay, but I think the fact that the link breaks when the item leaves your inventory implies that there is no way to make the link stay. As long as the items go away, the link will go away too.
    Thank you for repeating what I said in my first post.
    It's easy to sit there and say you want more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. Sitting there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money.
    -----------------------------
    Myrdraal
    Ehlenia
    Alektca