Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sol / Trox / Opifex ?

Sol / Trox / Opifex ?

Yes, as the topic says, what shall i choose?

I want to pvp a little but to focus on pvm mainly. Some say trox are the best for that, some say solitus, but none highlvled agent i have talked to have said opifex, the question is: What´s the best breed for agents? Opifex and sol can both equip css and trox uses cc. Whats you opinion ?

As a solitus agent (but also having a tl7 opifex agent) I would say that opifex just has too many advantages to ignore in terms of attack rating/evades/nanoc init and general equipping. You don't really start to feel this at all until early TL7.
    Tenk (215/14) - Happy Omni-Tek Agent on TestLive
    Iranu (217/16) - Clan Agent on Rimor (my equipment)

Atrox is the best choice because of mongo rage for PVP!

But if you want good pvm/soloing/second best pvp : Opisex ftw
    The Gimp:Dinnerfork
    Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    I have this disturbing image of the US Army jumping one by one out of my cereal bowl

i think also soli is alot easier to get high symbs in at 220 then opi.u lose some evades but might be worth it.as for trox its not a good idea for pvm ..ive a 217 opi and i sometimes find soling tough when im forced to ch and start losing alot of nano. whereas so far with my 204 trox agent i get maybe 3 ch's i think and im out of nano lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoolander
    Atrox is the best choice because of mongo rage for PVP!

But if you want good pvm/soloing/second best pvp : Opisex ftw
    Eh, I have to disagree. Having to rely on one perk that recharges every 2.5 minutes which has a devestating cooldown is not my idea of pvp. For ganks sure, that would work perfectly, but even at 220, an opifex agent with a decent gear can achieve high ARs.

But a trox agent with an all around HP setup would probably work. However, personally, I'd say opifex is the way to go.
    Onlyman Level 220/23 - Agent
    General of Dark Front

solitus ftw
    220/20 Agent Proud Veteran of Nemesis
    214/14 Enforcer Proud Member of Nemesis

(Servers first Solid Skull Smasher)

111 Egnineer Proud Member of NemX

I'm a proud Member of the CoT.

Opifex, IMO
    Revelator: There is no FC love that will fix gimpness of the mind

Warning! If you ever see my use "lol" in any of my posts, I'm not serious!

Challenge:

Nanomage

Everyone else you'll run out of your CH too easily ^___^ Also as Nanomage you can spare some nano for DoTs...

Tough tough time putting on symbiants as a nanomage, but I managed to get ql240 RWrist on at level 209, so it's not that bad Also got my ql300 Kyr on now, without any Alien Armour, so again it's not that large of a loss...

As Nanomage, you'll probabally have health problems till past 215 at least... But so far as I look at my Nanomage I don't think she'll be too at too much of a loss compared to Opi by then..

Leveling up, most fun as a Nanomage as you have access to all the cool nanos first

PvP Gank:

Trox

Mongo Rage is too large of a ganking tool to ignore, if you wanna gank, you're trox.

Soli and Opi are all around fairly good, never bad choices of course, Soli I'd say is probabally just out of the question for a type of agent I'd ever make, way too close to Opi, and Opi's advantages are just far too greater.
    Nano Fetishist.

Anim - NanoAgent - Highest on rk1, and maybe highest active across all 3 servers.
    Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf
    (Also various other non-nanomage gimps)

Mocker for Life.

Honestly, don't be nanomage.

If you're omni, and even if you're not, just go for opifex.
    I have this disturbing image of the US Army jumping one by one out of my cereal bowl

Being nanomage is not that large of a gimping as some would like it to be seen as an agent... Especially if you arn't planning to go all the way into higher levels, Nanomage can be perfect for a lowbie twink agent. For higher levels, of course there is a difference... But no fun in kicking ass being the same way as everyone else.
    Nano Fetishist.

Anim - NanoAgent - Highest on rk1, and maybe highest active across all 3 servers.
    Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf
    (Also various other non-nanomage gimps)

Mocker for Life.

I would suggest atrox, I see no real advantages of being a soli/opifex, and of course nanomages suck.

Atrox has always got the same job done for me that any other breed would, plus I have more hp, I have mongo rage on the way which is perfect when combined with an agents alpha perks.

and I look much cooler! =)
    Apprentice "Driven" - 151/19 - MartialArtist

-- Proud Member of
    ShadowBreed Inc. --

Quote Originally Posted by D_r_i_v_e_n
    I see no real advantages of being a soli/opifex
    Smoking crack is bad. You should quit it before it corrupts your mind some more.
    Insurgent - 220/16 Finalizer

He certainly knows what he is talking about.
    Ironcraw
    Marenghi
    Mastatrox

Dragon Security Agency

Quote Originally Posted by disiegor
    solitus ftw
    Pshh you! Opisex for the win, ar/evades and not to mention... the sexyness!

As for the atrox thing, well yes Mongo Rage is the ubernesswtfpwnofdoom but damn it costs 10 AI perks, which represent a lot of attack skills. I know some profs have crappy lines but both made and champ of heavy artillery are really nice, be it skills or perk-special.
    Unless you're AI 30, training MR would be a waste imo, or maybe if you sneak all day long by the whompas and grids waiting for a flagged player.

- Sylfarin
    Last edited by Sylfarin; Dec 26th, 2005 at 21:40:51.
    AO's MOTD
    There does seem to be problems with the internet itself.

soli for the sexor
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

as far as i can see the only reason to roll a trox is for ganking.other breeds do everything else better.
    the lack of nano nerfs healing alot.
    and id recommend getting mr 1st.
    means u can have a deadly alpha from early on with as/burst/fa/cs/dimach

Quote Originally Posted by sippR
    I want to pvp a little but to focus on pvm mainly. ?
    The most obvious choice would be opifex.

Most likely the best breed for pvm due to more AR, evades and decent nanopool. Although u can do well with solitus and atrox, it is easier to get good as opifex. I did choose opifex coz i like to deal as much dmg as possible on pvm. I can compete with shade dmg on pvm with my opi agent, doubt i could have done it if i had chosen a different breed.

As for pvp, i don't have tons of experience with pvp, but i do fairly well compared with troxes. Trox have an advantage due to mongorage and more hp. More hp is always good, but MR is really only a "gank" tool With opifex u get good AR and i haven't had any real problems landing perks other than on profs that have evade perks running.

In the end, choose the prof u wanna play. Any breed can be good if u know how to build up your char and how to play your prof.
    --------------------- Tac ---------------------

(Atlantean)

Quote Originally Posted by Onlymeh
    Eh, I have to disagree. Having to rely on one perk that recharges every 2.5 minutes which has a devestating cooldown is not my idea of pvp. For ganks sure, that would work perfectly, but even at 220, an opifex agent with a decent gear can achieve high ARs.

But a trox agent with an all around HP setup would probably work. However, personally, I'd say opifex is the way to go.
    What? We already have 7 minute cooldown nanos which give us a lot of effectiveness, what's a 2.5 minute timer in light of that?

Atrox or Opifex - Solitus is a definate third. Just don't go nanomage.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Insurgent
    Smoking crack is bad. You should quit it before it corrupts your mind some more.
    [AtroxAgent]: "Anything you can do I can do better, I can do anything better than you!"

Its so true, so what, at 220 your symbiants might be a LITTLE bit better, but atroxes can now get almost the same stuff in...

Youll have a bit more natural AR....I will have mongo rage.

Just saying man, the way the game is now...atrox is the best choice for an agent...hell, best choice for just about any profession.

Opifex probably wont ever dissapoint you...but if you want that edge in pvp, go atrox.
    Apprentice "Driven" - 151/19 - MartialArtist

-- Proud Member of
    ShadowBreed Inc. --

can't really go by anything more than your forum sig, but I'm gonna guess that you don't have an agent of your own?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast