Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This time I mean it: Shotgun Soldier

You could always try "Shooter of the Porter/Door-Keeper" for a crit based shottie setup, stupidly low multi-reqs and nice crit damage.
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

If you go for a heavy crit setup, wouldn't a gun like Premium Ultra-Light Missile Pistol Raid 9-X be cool. Normal damage sucks big time, but you can wield two and the crits blow big new holes.
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

i claim the title as best shotgun wielding 110 soldier twink

(as i'm possibly the only one dumb enough to do it =P)

but still with a setup that adds 12% crit, it works insanly hawt if i get mop and tts aswell before battle =P

actually works pretty nice without aswell

and u have so many fun guns and setups to hot swap between ;D

Any more news from the OP?

I've rolled a baby soldier and want to try a shotty route... (for the hell of it)

Makr (ENG 220/19) | Preachr (MP 220/17) | Reclaimr (CRAT 220/12)
    MisSlashr (ADV 200/18) | ShadyDealr (TDR 213/17) | Squishr (ENF 204/14)
    AmmoWastr (SOL 143/12) | Fleshmendr (DOC 160/21) | LeetSlicr (KPR 165/10)
    LilShootr (AGT 150/10) | TimeWastr (CRAT 100/5)
    General of Wolf Brigade

Mop adds 7%, duno why every1 thinks its 9. Shottie would be funny ive seen 7-8k crits with a krutt before

Shotgun is the way to go if u dont wanna be cookie cutter(mainstream and boring) and still perform teh pwn (talking up to 155 atleast)

trying smg soldier twink as my next project ^^

if your a lvling soldier i would strongly advise against dkp and jpgpp, the ip usage will cripple you

if your a twink, then i wont recomend it.. only because it's MY setup and i like being special =P

Can we get this guy back, please? He's an inspiration for Godsake
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

i was wondering about how todays shotguns would work. like Silverback MK5 or AI shottys. anyone tryed them?
    lvl 214 Atrox nt Atomictrox **the horror**
    lvl 150 Atrox Doc Drbeardy **retired buffer**
    lvl 183 Atrox Crat Cratoxy **xp ho**
    lvl 150 Nanomage Trader Cookieninja **pew pew fun*

Atrox chicks are hawt!

Quote Originally Posted by Atomictrox View Post
    i was wondering about how todays shotguns would work. like Silverback MK5 or AI shottys. anyone tryed them?
    Its probably worth trying, doubt AI shotty, but silverback would probably do nicely with the right crit setup and lots of +AS gear.

Worth trying one day. I might give it a shot sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinesold View Post
    Its probably worth trying, doubt AI shotty, but silverback would probably do nicely with the right crit setup and lots of +AS gear.
    +AS gear? Soldiers can't use the Mk6 ... so wouldn't make any point to have +AS gear on a Silverback Soldier unless you're going to be swapping to something else for AS, which will be very slow (6sec swap time on Silverback) and will mean you won't be twinking on a high QL Silverback.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    +AS gear? Soldiers can't use the Mk6 ... so wouldn't make any point to have +AS gear on a Silverback Soldier unless you're going to be swapping to something else for AS, which will be very slow (6sec swap time on Silverback) and will mean you won't be twinking on a high QL Silverback.
    Bah, your right. I was thinking that silverback was like all the other Ofab weaps, and have all specials at MK5.

shotgun soldiers are pretty fun i remember back before NW when once a week the weapons would get changed around lol

i miss my old snakemaster :P
    Wilbemine : 220/23 opifex soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    Back before the trader lock, i remember(keep in mind this was way back.. before all the new buffing crap) being able to equip a 250ish silverback. However, I don't see how out of reach it could be for a 300 one, just gotta get past that trader tag :P

Was a shame though, cause it could of been our next PvP hotswap, but after looking at it, it was in the best postion for FC of trying to help move away from another AS weapon. Now all they have to do get is the support professions weapons that they can use effectively and they'll switch from AS as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomictrox
    Today, if you prefer a different option, perhaps a shotgun would be in your interest. Keep in mind that you'll be doing a lot less damage due to the loss of Full Auto, but the Silverback should keep you doing steady damage. Unfortunately, you'll be lacking quite a bit of Attack Rating, seeing as we don't get the best of perk support, as well as lacking Armor. Buffs will be your main source of +Shotgun, but even then, it wont help you that much until the later shadowlevels, when you obtain Improved Total Focus.

With that said, it would be an interesting project to keep watch on.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

well the only weapons i found remotly usefull so far have been Ithaca Ki-8 Snakemaster,Silverback and Maw of the Abyss. And maybe Diamondine Kick Pistol but i havent seen one around yet. Hard to find other weapon options yet.

And dose Shotgun Mastery get locked at SM 6 for soldiers? My soldier is only at lvl 100ish yet. Suddenly says at SM 7 its Engineer and Trader.
    Last edited by Atomictrox; Dec 30th, 2007 at 18:30:38.
    lvl 214 Atrox nt Atomictrox **the horror**
    lvl 150 Atrox Doc Drbeardy **retired buffer**
    lvl 183 Atrox Crat Cratoxy **xp ho**
    lvl 150 Nanomage Trader Cookieninja **pew pew fun*

Atrox chicks are hawt!

Quote Originally Posted by Atomictrox View Post
    well the only weapons i found remotly usefull so far have been Ithaca Ki-8 Snakemaster,Silverback and Maw of the Abyss. And maybe Diamondine Kick Pistol but i havent seen one around yet. Hard to find other weapon options yet.

And dose Shotgun Mastery get locked at SM 6 for soldiers? My soldier is only at lvl 100ish yet. Suddenly says at SM 7 its Engineer and Trader.
    diamondine drops from diamondine soldier in EFP

if your not trox ( i think you are arent you? ) you can get the apf belt component and use it on the diamondine to take off the trox requirement ( like i did with 1 of my 3 apf belts ;D )
    Wilbemine : 220/23 opifex soldier

Surprising no one has posted
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=245523
    yet, I use it on my ma for fun. +1 crit, from
    the opifex clothing quest. Turn in rollerrat parts
    I think it was. Good Luck, nice to see someone
    going outside of the norm.

Man this thread is a major necro.... Who gave it CPR?!

Either way I'd love to see some more scatter-gunners, who cares about the damage hit?

You'll bury the needle on the cool-o-meter...
    Johnny IAmAMonkey Rotten: Soldier 220 (Re-perking...indefinitely)
    200 Doc / 200 Crat (in Bazzit-Induced-hibernation) Advy / NT / Fixer / Enf / Trader / blah blah blah
    General of TheOrderOfChaos one of the oldest org's in AO
    ...It must suck losing aggro, dd, and a duel to a gimp and a noob eh?
    <insert flames below this area>
    Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    lol pvm

If i were you, id dump some IP into multirange and get 2x Homedefenders, those things got VERY good damage (even decent on ely hecklers) and their crits are almost as good as the krutt.. id deffenantly go for them, eventho they are "slow" and dont have any specials

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast