Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atrox breed caps are a joke

Atrox breed caps are a joke

Ok at the beginning when I started playing this game FC led us to believe that Atrox was going to lack in our ablitys but have an advantage in having better armor and better weapons well for all you lowbees out there its not true..In the end after all your main ablillitys are caped you will have no better armor and the only weapon you may use that no other breed can is a beam. Yes we cant cast our nanos at the same time as other breeds but they get to use our same armor and weapons. Any other atroxs out there think this is LAME. Our Intel Psy and sence gets hit very very hard at 400 max breed caps. Take a look at this.

Solitus..........Opifex..........Nanomage......... .Atrox

Str 472..........Str 464..........Str 464............Str 512
    Agi 480..........Agi 544..........Agi 464............Agi 480
    Sta 480..........Sta 480..........Sta 448...........Sta 512
    Int 480...........Int 464..........Int 512............Int 400
    Sen 480.........Sen 512..........Sen 480..........Sen 400
    Psy 480..........Psy 448..........Psy 512...........Psy 400
    Total 2872......Total 2912.....Total 2880.......Total 2704

Yes your looking at that right its up to a 208 point dissadvantage for us..Now whats in that 208 advantage for other breeds well more nano and the ablity to cast programs at lower levels maybe even programs that atrox can never cast. OK now to our advantages a little more HPs and maybe a tiny bit more dam with mellee weapons. That 80% skill req patch for armor and weapons did nothing to even out the high level chars...All it did was make lower level ones weaker. I understand that Atrox was never met to be big casters but im not asking for FC to raise my intel to a nanomage that would be just as lame...No Im saying that raise our Str and Sta or even give us Arox only weapons and armor to make up for this huge disadvantage to our other abilitys. LOL why is nanomage Str and Sta not 400 capped...Now I know this seems like just one of the 100000s of cry babies in the chat rooms. Also it seems like im just adding my name to the list of them but if you look at any of my chats you will never see me ask to nerf anyone or cry about anything. I dont like it when FC nerfs or overpowers any char including mine. If you cant die then what kinda fun is that...Im starting this chat becuase there really has been a huge injustice done to us in the balancing of our breed. And im asking for me any every other Atrox out there to plz fix it. Do anything to make up for our low abllitys thats in line with our breed.

Eunucha

PS team missions are way way way way to easy anyone who has the time can level without the possiblity of death if its going to stay this way take away our ablillity to save after level 150. At this rate everyone will be level 200 in no time.

ive havent played an atrox since beta 4...just for reference...but i think this post isnt too much of a whine, i think atrox should get some atrox only armor, and some more atrox only weapons for those that dont like the beam...
    President of Midnight Reveries

How about some huge Atrox only Heavy Weapons based ranged weapons.
    And I agree the Str Stam caps should be MUCH higher than they are. For big Burly Its like us.

i've always said the opifex shall rule the earth.
    Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

It is about time this got evened out.

A simple fix would be to make sense light blue. That would make things fair, and it would fix some of the truly idiotic things like sense being the main stat for ranged energy ( vital for almost all soldiers ) and ranged init.
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

Hmm I thought more would be up in arms about me saying that Atrox needed something to make up for the 208 missing points in our main ablitys. I guess really when others see it that cant argue with it. Ok so we dont get 208 more points in our Str Sta and Agi well maybe you can take 208 points out of other breeds Str Sta and Agi. I know thats not going to happen So maybe you guys will add atrox only armor. I have a feeling that will include other breed only armor then we are back to Atrox missing 208 to our main ablitys. Funcom should have had our skill caps in the manual. Im sure me and many many others thought that our main ablitys would be different but not lacking in skill points. 208 skill points wow just make me sick looking at it. What a huge waste of time this game may have become to me. I hate to say it but im sure my days are growing short like my patience for the unfair setup of this game. Hmm that new atrox armor better be really nice for a 208 point loss or odds are ill be seeing alot of you atroxs in some other game where they make a level playing field maybe SWG who knows.

Eunucha 188
    LOL and funcom ask me to be an ARK at one point how the times have changed.

i agree

I made my atrox soldier the first day the game came out... Had the information about the breed caps been available to me at the time I definitely would have chosen a different race....

Lacking 208 base ability points without any *real* compensation in another area is not acceptable.

How about a race reset?
    Born on: Wed Jun 27 15:39:10 2001
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

Originally posted by Juggernaht
    How about some huge Atrox only Heavy Weapons based ranged weapons.
    And I agree the Str Stam caps should be MUCH higher than they are. For big Burly Its like us.

You forget that str and sta are VERY easy to buff, while int and psy are VERY difficult to buff (only MPs and agents can do it, and only on themselves).

Who cares about those buffs at high levels you can equip anything anyway after a wile. Still dont make up for 208 points. Not even close make a high level atrox and see.

Eunucha 188

If you read this chat plz put your 2 cents in even if I dont like it. And if you team with me I wont take it personally either...Though I may rant and rave for a bit hehe. I want to see all the pros and cons. I want funcom to see them also the more we tell them maybe the better the odds they will make a ballaced game. I know its hard to believe that a ballaced game could ever be true ...But if you really think about it they have been making game better. That is if you can think that far back.

Eunucha 188

Re: Tiny update

Originally posted by Cz
    I put a tiny update in this other Atrox thread.
    We don't want breed specific GEAR. We like the gear we use now.

If you have to use GEAR to bring our breed up to specs, that just limits our options.

Make our breed INHERENTLY balanced please.

Make our stat caps and costs BALANCED with the other breeds.

It is not only an EASY thing to do, but it is the best and fairest thing to do.

My recommendation is to make sense light blue. This could then make atroxes have 2 green stats vs 2 dark blue stats, and the other 2 light blue (neutral).

It would also make sense as many atroxes are in gun using professions (like soldier, for example) where ranged energy and ranged init are both vital skills (sense dependent).

I agree Cindrax that it would be nice it they put the points in our main abilitys and not an some gear that im sure will suck anyway.
    The only problem is that they said no to any breed changes with breed caps.

Eunucha

Originally posted by BigBubba
    I agree Cindrax that it would be nice it they put the points in our main abilitys and not an some gear that im sure will suck anyway.
    The only problem is that they said no to any breed changes with breed caps.

They also said they'd never have any kind of IP reset.

Funcom doesn't know what the hell they are doing.

Make sense light blue.

Simple fix.

2 green abilities (better than average)

2 dark blue (worse than average)

1 light blue (average)

There you go. Balanced.

Stupid

Ya, you Atrox are supposed to be stupid brutes with poor brain ability and higher brawn.... which is what you see in the base :-) Your welcome.

The point is we hardly get any more brawn. 200hp more than a soli at level 200 but we lose a lot of brain.

well, if that is the case then making sense light blue would not affect atrox. It would affect atrox that use items that need sense. (like you obviously) If we are going to get something then give us something that would affect All atrox, as in a raise of hp's or giving that a shade lighter color. I personally could care less if my sense was lighter. I'm sure there is not one atrox that would complain to have mor hit points.

Justin did you even read it. Im saying give us more Str Sta and Agl to make up for -208 points at the end skill caps. May be best if you read it next time before you say something that dosnt look very informed. Or something that makes you sound well like a D**B S**T.

Eunucha

Fix the stats.

Don't kludge the problem with some stupid, useless "breed gear" that just limits our equipment options.

Heal the wound..... Don't cover it with duct tape.

Hello BigBubber :)

Don't forget that despite having 'high' str/sta, nanomages has 1/3
    less HP than any other race with the same BodyDev. And that Atroxes, in my opinion has the best enforcer weapon of them all, the beam.

Solitus can't weild a beam, and unless you wanna sink tons of IP into multi-melee for dualing sticks and still not be nearly as effective as an Atrox enforcer with a beam, then fine.

So howabout a sword? Maybe a katana?

1. They're so slow that a parried attack, immideately puts you in a very tight situation.

2. There's no 1-2h edge buff except Challenger, unlike the 1-2h blunt buffs (Headcracker aso)

3. Anyone noticed the extra damage when they crit hit with a katana/beam?

I'd say that those few extra nano points that goes into Solitus enforcers barely make up for their lack of offensive power compared to Atrox enforcers.

(Did I mention that I've seen a nanomage enforcer lvl 50+ btw? Guess you Atrox enforcers are really scared now *grin*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast