Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few answers to the Tir Accord questions.

Ask Aesop: What is a Neutral?

A great conflict was about to come off between the Birds and the Beasts. When the two armies were collected together the Bat hesitated which to join.

The Birds that passed his perch said: "Come with us"; but he said: "I am a Beast."

Later on, some Beasts who were passing underneath him looked up and said: "Come with us"; but he said: "I am a Bird."

Luckily at the last moment peace was made, and no battle took place, so the Bat came to the Birds and wished to join in the rejoicings, but they all turned against him and he had to fly away.

He then went to the Beasts, but soon had to beat a retreat, or else they would have torn him to pieces. "Ah," said the Bat, "I see now, ..."

Moral: "He that is neither one thing nor the other has no friends."
    Main Character: Tir County Sheriff Brad InfamousBrad Bradley, TCSD.
    Proud to be a Clansman since October 29475.
    Alternate characters? Yeah right, like I'm going to tell you.

Re: Ask Aesop: What is a Neutral?

Originally posted by Brad, STL/MO

Moral: "He that is neither one thing nor the other has no friends."
    ..... but friends that are like him. Why do you think we noots tend to stick together? for popcorn?
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Hehe

Actually we didn't turn our back on Radiman, many of us were backing amnesty but the bombing by DB was not supported by any Clan members. Many clan guilds publicly opposed DB and were gun down by them (Leaders were gunned down in reets after declaring war then about a week later they assassinated many leaders including clans).

Also DB is an enemy to anyone and don't deserve to be called clanners because they are not. To me they are just like the Cyborgs.

Also Radiman and CoT have got us this far but as Snoop said, there power is degenerating. It's a mix of irresponsibility and lack of activity from mainly CoT. But you could say some clan guilds are to blame but really they're not because CoT job is to unite us, even if it looks impossible.

Seems almost everyone on this thread doesn't have their facts straight. Here is a less generalized view:

Not all Omni are evil but the administration is for lack of upholding human rights and greed governs them.

Not all Clanners are bloodthirsty terrorists using freedom as an excuse power, but are willing to stand up against Omni-Tek and fight the good fight.

Not all Neutrals are peace, freedom loving people, some just companies and criminal organisations on Rubi-Ka using neutral territory as a base. But criminal activity is found in Clans and OT.

------------------------------------

Many neutrals are not really neutrals anymore, they want to become their own faction. But I must say that their goals are exactly the same as many clans guilds. In a way this hurts and helps neutrals as a whole. They give neutrals a voice but at the same time, have to make sure that they are not endangering "true neutrals" who wish to stay out of the conflict. If you start preaching like us clanners about freedom, Omni will see you as most of us do, clanners and treat you that way.

BTW Sol Banking was not neutral, if they were neutral they would have not been taking sides, they were using the Clans to take out Omni-Tek. Sol Banking is simply Sol Banking, soon as they invaded Rubi-Ka once trying to take control.

Once you take a side, even if it's not Clan or Omni-Tek, your not neutral. Omni-Tek does not see neutral zones as neutral, they are Clan territories to them, so you face the same fate as we do, whatever that may be.

As neutrals you may have freedom and peace for now, but it may only be temporary.
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

Well, I don't think SOL Banking can really be tied to one side or the other, so they sort of default to neutral. At least, that was my thought process. They did try to use the clans against Omni-Tek at one point or another, but ultimately, the Clans and Omni-Tek joined forces to push them off the planet...the Clans really don't want -any- corporation running this planet; SOL Banking is not a solution.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Originally posted by Luxxan
    Well, I don't think SOL Banking can really be tied to one side or the other, so they sort of default to neutral. At least, that was my thought process. They did try to use the clans against Omni-Tek at one point or another, but ultimately, the Clans and Omni-Tek joined forces to push them off the planet...the Clans really don't want -any- corporation running this planet; SOL Banking is not a solution.
    Very true, as it stands no one really likes the SBC, Omni don't the Clans don't like anything corporate as you rightly say. SBC has it's own agenda and thats to take down OT. Do they seem to care how the do it? doubt it. The Clans have a similar agenda also, so I kinda see it more that although the Clans don't like SBC, don't mind getting into bed with them if its in there interest to remove OT. Both of them want rid of them, so its mutual ground. The problem really only comes once SBC has a foothold and starts to pressure the Clans. If/When it happens then all hell will break loose as two companys pushing them around? Hmm, don't think the Clans would settle for it.

The Clans are a wierd bunch, in alot of aspects much like us Neuts. The thing they really need is a strong leadership, to guide them, to shape them, to give them direction. Yet that is also what they most hate, and want to rebel against. So many voices, so many arguments, and so much descent. Its kinda a no win situation, yet if they can pull out of it (meaning the Neuts and Clans here), than both can be massively more effective than they currently are. Yet they might if it goes a touch too far, actually make them become the one thing they hate the most. It's a strange balance they need to form, one which will be interesting for us all to shape.

Is the future something that is already writen, or is it something we can mould? Who knows, but we're all going to be doing our best, for our existance, our people, our land, and for our future.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

hypercorporations can't govern 'properly'...

as they really only have ONE motive for anything they do...profit.
    If it maximizes profit...long term, medium term, or short...then it is in their interests. For a hypercorp like SBC or OT they are tyring to maximize profit for their stockholders and top executives. This means most of their interests lie outside of Rubi'ka. Our planet is one thing to any of them...raw resource. If it is economically profitable to mine notum then they will. If it becomes a loss then they will either find a way to make it profitable or cease alltogether. The Tir Accord was signed by OT NOT because the cared about the Clans but because by giving the Clans what they did in the Tir Accord they could get back to making a profit from mining notum. If they could have gotten by with less, or if miliatary action had been more economical then that is what they would have done instead.

So, a hypercorporation as a 'government' is only going to do ONE thing for the people it 'governs'...as little as possible to maximize profits. If they can get away with pure slavery then that's what they'll do. If they have to give everyone a new sat dish antenae then that's what they'll do. If they have to give up part of their land to the Clan then they'll do it. They will NEVER be "for the people, by the people"...they can't...by definition of what they are. It's not their fault just not their nature.

What we need is self-government. The neutrals are trying to set up such a thing and now the Clans are with CoA. Fortunately they are similar structures and I see hope that they can work together to build a system by which all of Rubi'ka can govern themselves. In a short time the OT lease runs out and I believe OT is tasked with installing a government for us all. I personally do NOT want a hypercorporation to either rule me NOR to architect my government. We are perfectly capable of doing that ourselves. If we have the makings of such a government in place; the Neutral Council and CoA (or a CoT that has decided to change it's structure to include us) then perhaps we'll be allowed to determine our own future and NOT have it dictated to us by OT.

Originally posted by Luxxan

You're completely right about the goals of any hypercorporation. However, the ICC was set up for specifically this reason. It is a body meant to protect the corporations from each other. Therefore, no hypercorporation can use slave labor in order to make a profit without the consent of the ICC. This system of checks and balances has worked well for thousands of years keeping the needs of the individual and the needs of the corporation in relative balance.

However, Rubi-Ka is a special circumstance due to notum. Everyone needs it, only one corporation has it. This has given Omni-Tek a huge advantage in negotiations and has forced the ICC to sacrifice the rights of the individual in order to make sure the notum continues to flow. Already this has resulted in 3 civil wars and one galaxy-wide corporate war because nobody but Omni-Tek believes that Omni-Tek should be in complete control of the only source of notum in the galaxy.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12