Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: after 6 years ql300 aggro trim...

after 6 years ql300 aggro trim...

after 6 years ql300 aggro trimmers ARE STILL NOT IN GAME...

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=154940

How difficult it is to get parts ql250-300 on yuttos in pen or above?

Because this total is essential as a tool for engineers to switch aggro and as i know a ql200 is vertually usless on mobs over 215, i can only assume this is done on purpose to give engineer toon players a headache and RSI (i have my trimmers in a bag which i right click).
    Last edited by brioni; Feb 22nd, 2007 at 17:06:39.

Why not just make Inf Yuttos ALWAYS sell the QL300 trimmer Casing. Or even Uncle Bazzit.

Probably isnt too hard, its just very low priority.
    SC of Kvestakolal - Join us if you can spell it correctly
    * Mechanuf - 220 Multi-Purpose Combat Engineer
    * Hormonuf - 220 Healmonkey
    * Hackuf - 217 Phix
    * ... loads of other *ufs and *nufs

I am still trying to get confirmation that the casing isn't in game above ql220.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

I wouldn't say the 200 is useless, although a higher one would be quite nice for many situations. I can easily tell the difference between using it and not using it when soloing in Pen catas. I still take occasional flickers of aggro, more or less often depending on how much damage I'm doing, but I think FC has designed pet aggro to make this inevitable. So a higher QL aggro trimmer would, in my estimation, allow me to be a little more aggressive on the damage I do when soloing, and might make it possible for the pet to tank adds by switching back and forth, but I don't see that it would really change things all that much. I would love to be proven wrong on this, however.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

I really don't think it would make a difference. While I definitely notice the difference between using the aggro trimmer and not, I also have a lowbie crat and I see a much greater difference in aggro handling when using 3 pets, even with an untrimmed bot, compared to a trimmed chicken and a dog. The crat really doesn't get aggro till one of the charms dies or gets free, whereas there is always an occasional aggro flicker to my engie.
    So I just don't believe a ql 300 trimmer would help much. Of course at the same time, I don't have a super DD setup which might cause issues I don't ever notice.

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    I am still trying to get confirmation that the casing isn't in game above ql220.
    I just realized the OP is talking about the aggro trimmer and not about the AI trimmer. This therefore has nothing to do with the casing, as the trimmer itself isn't in the database in ql>200, nor are any of the parts.

What I don't understand is why you think FC would even know of this suggestion as it is not in our wish list? The title of your thread should have been "after 6 years no one even suggested a ql300 aggro trimmer".

As for what would the effect be, I can clearly see a difference with a ql200 trimmer. If I didn't, a ql300 one wouldn't have made a difference either as all you can expect is 1.5 the taunt effect or less.

As this was never even suggested, my efforts were not directed at getting a ql300 trimmer, but at adding a new taunt nano/proc/perk. Now that I think of it, a trimmer would have been better as you don't need to recast it. The benefit of a nano/proc/perk is that it might have a stronger effect.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

not relevent
    Last edited by brioni; Mar 1st, 2007 at 13:23:45.

Quote Originally Posted by brioni View Post
    then a couple of taps on trimmer and mob swaps aggro
    Am I missing something here?

WTB the improved nano that lowers the aggro btw.

I haven't been playing for 6 years, but I did inherit the wish list from Rusty, so it is quite old. All I can say is it isn't in the list.
    I added item 1t to the list:
    Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    1t. A better solution for pet agro holding is needed, as currently they hardly hold agro on high level mobs. The best solution will both reduce self agro (e.g. by adding Improved Rapid Weapon, which modifies HateValueModifier, aka "288") and increase pet agro, for example by updating Trimmer - Increase Aggressiveness up to ql300, or by introducing other aggresiveness or taunt items.
    I hope it captures the idea. I tend to think that once this is put to vote it will reach a high spot.

Kyai @ 2006-01-15 03:57
    I want my 288 modified as much as possible please

lol

Btw. It might be that this nano isn't ingame because it could be exploited in a way... I can imagine some malicious engi casting it on a tank so that the mob he is tanking would lose some aggro and perhaps cause some wiping/unwanted deaths...

I still want it so much. Easily fixable by making it self only.

thanks for adding to the list...

Till it's inclusion to ingame equipment i have employed a redundent dwarf to jump up and down on my right mouse button...

BTW

while on the subject of trimmers can e have the duration of damge type change from AI trimmers changed to 30mins (or have it lock up some other skill)

(wishful thinking)

aggro trimmer 1st though

Quote Originally Posted by brioni View Post
    thanks for adding to the list...

Till it's inclusion to ingame equipment i have employed a redundent dwarf to jump up and down on my right mouse button.
    Waste of time. Spamming agro trimmer has zero effect. It's not a taunt on use, it's like the crat nano that increases taunt per hit of the bot. You only have to hit it once.
    Rustybolts, 220 Supreme Creator
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

Yah I was going to say, why do you keep using the trimmer? It has a one time effect, each hit gets 90 aggressiveness added to it... o_O using it again doesnt do anything

Anyways, If your complaining about bots getting agro why not train the Gadgeteer Line? Level 10 Taunt Box perk gives 900 Taunt... your bots own personal Mango..

Define for me more this problem of bots holding agro... High level mobs.. so like inf mobs? if so which ones? I never have problems with my bots holding agro, and if I do its only because ive been lazy with sotos or ive been spamming AMT for like 2 minutes...

Then again I'm not the one firing off bursts and fling shots, if your complaining about the fact that your bot cant hold aggro when your built for Epeen DD then I think thats something you need to deal with, not funcom
    Last edited by Takun; Feb 24th, 2007 at 09:34:01.
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Some1 saying that taunt box actually works... Check out "known engi bugs" thread plx

not relevent
    Last edited by brioni; Mar 1st, 2007 at 12:56:20.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=205303

Notice that this nano modifies the same stat as the trimmer. This is the crat's version of Omni-Pol for their ninja gimp.

Modifying aggressiveness provides an higher taunt value to each hit from the bot. The spamming effect you notice is simply coincidental.

Those taunt items you posted do a different thing than the trimmer or the crat nano. What those items do is deliver a taunt on use, hence the taunt action. If you want to continue spamming because it makes you feel better, by all means do so, but it doesn't have any real effect on the mob.

Taunt ability and the effectiveness of the trimmer has nothing to do with the level of the mob at all.

One last note, it's not a % change to aggressiveness, it's a raw number, so one over an aggressiveness stat of 100 is ok and wouldn't break anything.
    Rustybolts, 220 Supreme Creator
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

While we are on the subject, I noticed that Trimmer - Divert Energy to Offense temporarily modifies another variable called "Offense modifier". I wonder how this one relates to the other.

o_O Muha...

Offensive Modifier is just AR.. that trimmer gives the bots 40 more AR, what they need 40 more for I dont know :P that has nothing to do with taunt or aggressiveness as Im sure you know what AR does..

Rusty has it right (as usual <3 )

Edit: unless your being sarcastic and saying they should use that trimmer too then they dont have too (shouldnt have to anyways) worry about agro
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Problem is they need to straighten out the ql 300 empty trimmer casing in order for this to work. :P I'm 99.9% sure they aren't available anywhere, I've been checking pen yuttos every patch (seeing as they don't seem to refresh on rk2) for 6 months now. I've also killed pretty much every mob around that would logically or illogically drop it and not even a trace of it... Is it really that difficult Funcom?

And yeah Rusty is right as usual, spamming the trimmer just makes you look retarded because all it does is give the pet a taunt every hit. Spamming it just refreshes the effect and doesn't actually have an effect on aggro.
    Last edited by Ferg; Feb 27th, 2007 at 01:00:45.
    Disgruntled "Ferg" Engy 220\30 Director of Desolation RK2
    PvP Equip\PvM Equip
    First person to be killed 175 times by aliens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast