Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highest Pistol match up

Highest Pistol match up

K so 2 days putting my 300 burst on been doing all this math stuff and i'm like 300 MR off from 2 300s so Whats the highest combo possable? Does having OE MR make the gun gimp? right now just slightly anoyed that its not possable to get that much MR unless your an advy :/.

You can probably get on a 225-ish kyr offhand max, (was some time since I was working on it) and yeah the MR req sucks.
    Last edited by Rubera; Dec 14th, 2005 at 19:46:03.
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

Just a quick math of what a clan nanomage engi can expect at 220, this is purely theoretical, and I do throw it from my sleeve (almost, I did most of this math for something else):

Basic: 4
    Basic Trickle: 191
    ql300 implants: 282
    Full Supple, minus sleeve : 180
    Dynamic Sleeve of Aries: 40
    Ambidextrous: 120
    Counterweight: 40
    Coposite: 20
    Dalja's ring: 10
    Light Ranged Weapons Guide: 2 (omni may have more)
    LegChopper ring: 21
    Left Brain's (neck/shoudler): 6
    ql 300 Guardian Conductor of Ransacking: 50
    ql300 Universal Advantage - Coordination: 36
    Total: 1612

This doesn't include trickle from abilities buffing items (60% agility 40% str)
    Lets be very optimistic, assume no imps clash and so on. I'll even throw in pande loot.
    Agi:
    ql300 imps: 146
    City: 9
    FG: 25
    Composites: 12
    Extruder: 2
    apf belt: 35
    burden (yeah right): 30
    Mystery of Pisces: 12
    ------------
    Total: 271 = +40 bonus

Int:
    ql300 imps: 146
    VTE: 15
    Wrists: 19
    NS: 20
    City: 9
    Coposites: 12
    Extruder: 2
    apf belt: 35
    burden (yeah right): 30
    Intuitive Memory of the Aquarius: 12
    --------------
    Total: 300 = +30 bonus

===============
    Total: 1682

This translates to about ql245, and that's extremly optimistic.
    Opi engi will be slightly better, with 218 basic trickle, so 27 more, which means 10 more ql or so.

Update:
    The LE expansion brought +75 MR from the "Combat Application" research line. However, it also brought a better pistoil, Peregrine MK6, with lower MR req, that can be dualed at ql300 making this discussion purely academic.
    Last edited by muha; Mar 1st, 2007 at 11:07:42.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

What happens when you need to equip stat buffing guns to put back in the symbiants; the ones you unequipped to put implants with MR in? +50 int/psy from a pair of maharanees is damn nifty for this purpose.
    Guvernu RK 1 engineer... bored with SKing (already ffs)
    equip

Quote Originally Posted by TheGovernment
    What happens when you need to equip stat buffing guns to put back in the symbiants; the ones you unequipped to put implants with MR in? +50 int/psy from a pair of maharanees is damn nifty for this purpose.
    You curse and then reset perks for a 2-3 weeks to get the pistols back on, or just settle for a ql199 off hand. Apart from that it would be great to have a higher QL pistol in your off hand, would improve damage quite a bit

Anyway, wtb lower MR req on them, it isnt fair that the multi req on kyr axes for example is only 1600 for ql300 while its 1800 for pistols, I drool at the thought of having a ql300 type4/1 combo
    Last edited by Rubera; Dec 16th, 2005 at 01:35:01.
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

You don't Thegoverment. That's why this is just a theoretical thing.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen
    K so 2 days putting my 300 burst on been doing all this math stuff and i'm like 300 MR off from 2 300s so Whats the highest combo possable? Does having OE MR make the gun gimp? right now just slightly anoyed that its not possable to get that much MR unless your an advy :/.
    MR does NOT oe, it's only ever used to equip.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

What Revelator said is of course correct, no OE on MR.
    I would like to add that you can't hostswap on MR. For example if you have a Type 4 equiped in the right hand and you equip a second pistol with MR buff (say Freedom Arms) on the left hand, when you hotswap a type 1 into the left hand it un-equips the right hand as well.

Ranged adv only need 700ish MR, which is probably possible without a single ip in MR. While ranged advs can get extreme MR, only oldschool advs who never ipr'ed mr have it.

Limiting an engineers MR is probably very frustrating, but at the same time it's very fair.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

If we were allowed to have 2 QL300 pistols we would probably OD fixers without even using our pets

We already do some very nice damage with a QL199 off hand IMO
    Silverado: L220 Omni Engineer (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverado's Little DD Guide for Engineers

Silverino: L213 Omni Soldier (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverino's How to Equip a QL300 KMP5 for Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado
    If we were allowed to have 2 QL300 pistols we would probably OD fixers without even using our pets
    And that's a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by muha
    And that's a bad thing?
    Without our pets? Yes, that would be very bad.
    Spleenman Phear the Spleen!

Proud member of Alpha Omega

Quote Originally Posted by Jorji
    im not going to go as far as stabbing my eyes out.. im gonna remove them with a spoon, place in a jar and when such horrors never again grace a thread ill have them reattached..

The girls would be in here screaming NERF!

The sound would rise to such a level it would shatter glass a block away.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

> Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers!
    Elbo, where did you got galactic gems?
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik
    > Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers!
    Elbo, where did you got galactic gems?
    All grab your pitchforks and slaughter the necromancer!
    You can make 5 gem bracer, you just cannot put the 5th gem inside, as it doesn't drop. This is common practice for the rich and bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Yeah right ! :d
    Trussafoobik 215/21 Omni Fixer Equipment Pic
    Afnoks 209/14 Omni Engineer Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Odewad
    The lag is as bad as advertised. And guess what...?? I can reproduce it.
    The lag is at it's worst right after I log on ... and seems to get better right after I log off.

Some thread necromancy...
    I use 2xMTI SW500 Geyser to self my guns. Not having any probs with MR, anyway, but would it help with equipping a high-MR gun just as it helps with the pistol skill requirement? If so, it's missing in Muha's list. Could squeeze an additional +30 out of the gun.
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Luuv
    Some thread necromancy...
    I use 2xMTI SW500 Geyser to self my guns. Not having any probs with MR, anyway, but would it help with equipping a high-MR gun just as it helps with the pistol skill requirement? If so, it's missing in Muha's list. Could squeeze an additional +30 out of the gun.
    Sadly it doesn't work, you just can't hotswap for MR like you can for other abilities. I tried it multiple times with several MR buffing pistols and they all have the same effect. If you try to hotswap a weapon for which you don't have the MR, it gets equiped, but the other one gets unequiped. Here is a post in which I summarized it all.

Btw, please scream "Nerf MPs" since they can equip 2 ql300 kyr pistols.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Need to either update this one or take it out of the useful refernce thread as it's pretty dated now.
    Rustybolts, 220 Supreme Creator
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast