Thread: FJRK: Stim Runners Hit Old Athen

FJRK: Stim Runners Hit Old Athen

Stim Runners Hit Old Athen
    December 14, 29479 - Ryelee Saar

FJRK - It seems that an old plague has reared its ugly head once again. Old Athen has been hit twice in as many days by stim runners.

Stim runners are thugs that get high by using stims in excess. They go around threatening people to hand over stims. If they can't get a stim by just asking, they use bullying tactics to get them. They are a blight on society, nuisances at best. They tend to hang out around whompas and grid terminals for easy access out of an area if the authorities come to investigate.

According to Lord "Rakem" Sipius of the clan ACF Clair de Lune, the stimheads "asked for any stim, any stim at all. If we didn't have any they began to threaten us." It got to the point where he was provoked into a skirmish. Of course, the stim runner was sent to reclaim in short order.

"Nonamesteaks" of the clan The Order was also a witness to this event. He said, "They were screaming and threatening people about wanting stims. They were never satisfied, always demanding for more."

"Sherini", a clan member not affiliated, stated that "they seemed to be a lot of talk. Most people just gave them stims."

Everyone knows there are benefits to stims because we all use them. It is when they are used in excess that they become an issue. Nonamesteaks brought up one point that does need further investigation. He said that when the stim runners were hanging around the whompas and the grid terminals threatening people, there was a distinct absence of the Vanguard watchers.

Mr. Jacobi, perhaps you would like to comment on that?

Or in other words, the Knights of Avalon, bunch of Clammers high on stims 24/7

i would like to encourage to use stims to a lesser extent than before in solitude to the ppl that have become to addicted, and are using stims to a such extent that it lessens theyre life quality

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Poeticon
    i would like to encourage to use stims to a lesser extent than before in solitude to the ppl that have become to addicted, and are using stims to a such extent that it lessens theyre life quality
    Being nanomage and very fragile, stims when used in moderation are like "holy water" (from "Christianity", a religion that lasted thousands of years and is rumored to still have scattered followers) to us. "Using stims to a lesser extent" threatens our very lives if our enemies discover that my pet Smeagol has a master and isn't just a renegade war-bot (as I try to do )

But, dear god, absence of Vanguards with these Slum Hitters?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by malewerecat
    Or in other words, the Knights of Avalon, bunch of Clammers high on stims 24/7
    The guards for Athens come from the ranks of Vanguard, not The Nights of Avalon. They are two seperate entities.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Sometimes, the difference can be hard to tell, but indeed, the city guards are vanguard, not KoA.
    Last edited by Xariama; Jan 14th, 2006 at 04:14:00. Reason: bad typing
    Natasha "Tashania" Niacescu, 66 Nanomage Engineer
    Leader of ~Society of Salvation~

"Nothing that a good 5/8" wrench won't fix. Unless it needs duct tape. Then always use duct tape."