I have to complete an assignment for my “Domestic Automation” class, designing, prototyping and testing an automated appliance and presenting a comprehensive report on the project..
I have to turn in the result in two weeks so I’m quite busy – especially as I was unable to come up with an idea to begin with.. Of course, I’d have had a better chance of getting an idea if I’d actually been focusing on my work, it’s just that.. well, I’ve been visiting with my friends, going camping and been to the various clubs, both here and in Bor, so it’s not really school that’s been uppermost in my mind.

This morning – around noon, to be specific – I woke up to find my apartment unpleasantly untidy. It seem that my cleaner-bot has been designed without thought to the fact that apartments have corners so a round ‘bot cannot effectively remove dust and other things from said corners. Annoying, really annoying. I like to have a clean apartment, sort of.. I’m not obsessive but I like to be able to see the colour of my carpet and at the moment I’m not sure I actually have a carpet that reaches into those pesky corners..
Frightfully annoying, actually.

I’ve not even been paying enough attention in Basic Automaton class, it seems, because it’s not as easy as one would imagine to take a cleaner-bot apart, although it became easier when I finally remembered to turn it off. Maybe it’s not such a good idea to tinker with a ‘bot while in a state somewhere between intoxication and hangover. My previous project, a mediumsized guardbot, seems to think that I’m in danger anyway, he keeps taking my screwdriver away from me, silly ‘bot.
As if. I’m perfectly capable of disassembling a cleaner and the cut on my arm only needed a small bandage, I really have no idea what he’s concerned about.
I wonder how long before I’m all sober.. It won’t be nice, I think.This up-and-coming hangover has some serious promise. Lesson learned: never enter a drinking game against an Atrox. Those buggers can take more alcohol than a whole dorm..

Maybe my ‘bot does have a point and I’ll be a little more capable if I have a pot or two of coffee and some sleep.. on the other hand, what does a ‘bot know..
Well, since I programmed his AI maybe I should trust him on this, he’s designed to look after me after all.