Thread: RUR 3rd Year Anniversary Celebrations!

RUR 3rd Year Anniversary Celebrations!

Sunday, Dec 18th, 19:00 GMT

Rubi-Ka Universal Robots would like to invite you all to join us on Sunday 18th of December to celebrate the 3rd year anniversary of our company. As traditional it will be a moving party. We will start of in Newland City at 19:00 GMT (2 PM EST) just outside of Neuters r’ Us and proceed to visit various other drinking establishments around the planet.

Our progress will be announced over Channel 42 and over RUR Radio, so even if you can’t join us at the very start, tune in and catch up with us later!

I hope to see you there.

Best regards,

Dabblez,

Rubi-Ka Universal Robots

/ooc

2005 has been a very good year for RUR. Highlights have included, among many other things, the NEAMO storyline (in association with Clan Assembly http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ighlight=NEAMO), the RUR billboard (http://rubika.no-ip.com/RUR/misc/AOrur.JPG I still grin like an idiot every time I see it), the creation of RUR radio and the Friday night Rollerrat Ball League. Annual events, like the RUR shareholder meeting and the Science Symposium have also gone down very well, and it's a testament to RUR stability that we can actually think in terms of "annual events".

On the surface then, it might appear that 2005 was just business as usual at RUR. But while our commitment to zany roleplaying has stayed the same, the organisation itself has changed really quite profoundly. The RUR of the past was tiny, tiny haven for roleplayers. We weren't good for much else, and members who wished to also enjoy the more mainstream game activities were often left with very little support. The past year however has brought with it an unprecedented period of growth and stability which has allowed us to develop into a much more functional guild. We can now regularly host alien raids and easily afford our town’s rent, take on most of Rubi-Ka's dungeons and help our members achieve their personal goals. These are things most might take for granted, but, hey, it's only taken us three years to get there!

In the end, the enduring image of RUR this year for me comes from a raid at the Biomare, back before it was upgraded ( http://rubika.no-ip.com/RUR/misc/biomare1.jpg ). Here we were, a dozen or so RUR members waiting for the Foreman to spawn (a complete overkill) all in leet-form playing "leet leap"(yes, it really is just leap-frog with leets), much to the bewilderment of the onlookers. Even when doing the "normal" game things, we are never quite "normal".

In conclusion, I'd like to extend a heartfelt thank you to all RUR members and to all our friends who have made this dream possible. I hope to see you all at the party.
    Last edited by Savoy; Dec 8th, 2005 at 09:19:20.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

(( I think Snuggs needs to show up... *nods* provided I'll be home. ))
    Last edited by Kotts; Dec 8th, 2005 at 08:02:51.

For starters, I believe the 17th is a Saturday. Plus the fact that the rp/events meeting is scheduled for the 17th at 20:00 GMT.

Otherwise, I'd enjoy poping in an meeting some of the more 'colorful' members of RUR that I've heard so much about.

[Good luck to RUR from a huge fan! Rubi-Ka would be a dark, dark place without you folks.

I guess it is on 18th.]
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Skyjester
    For starters, I believe the 17th is a Saturday. Plus the fact that the rp/events meeting is scheduled for the 17th at 20:00 GMT.
    (( Oops, when you are right, you're right. I meant to say Sunday 18th. Corrected now! ))

[I wish I could attend on whatever toon I might have. :) But I can't say for certain.

Therefore, I'll second Virta and see if I can make it there to leet the crowd. :P]
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

(( RUR + Leet morph = .... Oh hell... ))

Arrow

Excellent! Thank you very much for the invitation, I'll most definitely be there!

Also, I'd like to thank all of R.U.R. and Dabblez especially for many fun years together on Rubi-Ka.

(( While I've been inconsistent with my efforts at RP over the years, I've always truly enjoyed playing with you lot, and I'm glad to see you prosper! ))

Well the good news is that Sunday is a much better day for me, only there is a little bit of a time conflict with a prior commitment. I will be sure to join you eventually, if not right at the begining.

I am definitely looking forward to meeting RUR.

It's tomorrow!

Happy Anniversary R.U.R.!!!
    Offer a flower to your enemy..
    If he refuses it, offer a hand
    If he refuses it, offer a bullet
    If he refuses it, give it to him anyways...

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Isn't it just a relief when you wake up in the morning and find you didnt wet the bed?!

Beyond your perfection,
    beneath you and who you used to be
    awaits who I am.

Excess Radio! Bringing you tunage 25/7!

To those that turned up, thank you. It's great to see so much support from our friends. To those that didn't show up, where were you? You missed a great party!
    Senobyte: Back in business
    Millgram: Psychologist, anthropologist, gentleman adventurer and cheese connoisseur

(( Gah, I missed the fun.

Anyway, happy birthday RUR ! May your bring life on RK for a long more time. ))
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

(( Sorry I got hung up with another toon in a significant event. I wish I could have made it, heard it was a blast ))

((*kicks Real Life*))
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

I'm sorry I couldn't be there, but a big grats to RUR and here's for 3 more years of the best quality of robots at this side of the galaxy
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

[Happy birthday, RUR! Loved listening in to the radio show.

All my respect and admiration to you guys for being such a wonderful source of comic relief and fun]

(( <3 I really wish I could get my winamp to play RUR radio again

But thanks for the party in the Cup so I could atleast pop on my *main* in and say <3. cause really <3!!

Happy Birthday! and mony more to come! ))