Thread: Omni-Tek in Clan Cities? (or, does anyone have Radiman's phone number?)

Question Omni-Tek in Clan Cities? (or, does anyone have Radiman's phone number?)

This is really one for the FC folks, but I'm sure everyone will want to comment.

Ragnar mentioned, in an earlier post regarding drugs and crime, that Omni-Tek could send police forces into clan territories to arrest known criminals and only had to inform the CoT that they were going to be doing such.

My question is: How does an Omni-Tek high-ranking official contact the CoT and inform them that, yes, they are going to be carrying out some police action and could the CoT please tell the guards at the gates of Tir or Athen to stand the heck down and stop obstructing the law?

As it stands there seems to be no official channels of communication between Omni-Tek and the CoT. For the most part that's probably fine and dandy, but it does make informing the CoT of police action difficult when they have no contact details.
    Crazynotion - Atrox Bureaucrat, RK1

Formerly posted as Mechanita

I guess Omni-Tek officals use a commnication device to talk with CoT officals just like everyone else.

Except

If you mean "how do player character Omnis who are role-playing cops 'notify the CoT,'" then the answer is, "they don't."

The same answer as "How do I, as a clanner who role-plays a cop, call in reinforcements when people are ganking the under-powered guards?"
    Main Character: Tir County Sheriff Brad InfamousBrad Bradley, TCSD.
    Proud to be a Clansman since October 29475.
    Alternate characters? Yeah right, like I'm going to tell you.

Re: Omni-Tek in Clan Cities? (or, does anyone have Radiman's phone number?)

Originally posted by Mechanita
    This is really one for the FC folks, but I'm sure everyone will want to comment.

My question is: How does an Omni-Tek high-ranking official contact the CoT and inform them that, yes, they are going to be carrying out some police action and could the CoT please tell the guards at the gates of Tir or Athen to stand the heck down and stop obstructing the law?

As it stands there seems to be no official channels of communication between Omni-Tek and the CoT. For the most part that's probably fine and dandy, but it does make informing the CoT of police action difficult when they have no contact details.
    There are no "official channels of communication" open, but there are definitely unofficial ones.

Omni-Tek and the Council are no longer in any kind of negotiations, but cursory contact - like OT informing CoT of intrusions into clan-held territories - is maintained.

And, like someone else in this thread said, comm. channels are comm. channels - IC or OOC. If you live on Rubi-Ka, you can "call" (via your implanted NCU) other people, as long as you have their "number" (or ID).

Radiman's number is, of course, restricted

-Ragnar

Angry Suppression gas in my lungs, my balls in a jar.

/me Draws his Nova, lines up a shot on the closest clan squatters swolen head in our towns and squeezes the trigger happily.

/me feals the icy pain of Suppression gas burning at his lungs and cannot continue.

What the hell kind of conflict is this?!?!

ARGH!!!

/me get's his hands tied behind his back and his his fate sealed by FC.

ho-hum.
    Maybe the new CEO won't be a moron?

/me crosses his fingers and toes
    pres. Ted Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-