((OCC: this is an opening post that i am making before the rp style conversation beings (which i hope it does).

This is my attempt to add a little depth and character to the game, while I don't suspect this will be accepted with open arms, it would be nice if people added this to their RP'ing. You don't have to follow, but the interactions can be limitless.

The Idea: There are 3 gods Gaia, Innos, and Psycopompus...each brothers born from Order (their mother) and Chaos (their father). Gaia is the oldest and wisest of the 3, interfearing only to stop feuds and taking a rather neutral approach to his interaction withing the physical realm and with his brothers. Innos is the middle child, he is rash and decisive. He acts before thinking but considers himself noble and might seem to uphold noble principles. Psycopompus is the youngest, he is cautions and critical. He thinks before he acts and judges based on the strongest, a view his brother Innos doesn't share.

All 3 brothers created the universe with Order and Chaos and established laws with which to bind the 2, the laws that apply for Order are opposite for Chaos. The univers was created to stop a quarrel between Innos and Psycopompus. Gaia created the planets and all living creatures. And Psycopompus created the process of evolution and natural selection so a creature can be bread to hear the voice of the gods and act out their will.

Once these creatures evolved (depending on who you choose, Innos acted first in the gospel of Psycopompus and vise versa for Innos, while Gaia says they are both equally to blame) one of the 2 brothers reached out and bent the will of the creatures. This erupted into a terrible war and Gaia decided to seal the world in the realm of his father Chaos and created a new planet. The old one we know of as the Shadowlands and the new planet is Rubi-Ka. After he sealed the planet off he established free will so the brothers couldn't create another terrible war. Before that happened though their gifts to the people were allows to escape and come to us, Innos gave art and philisophy (which leads to government) and Psycopompus gave them dreams (imigination) and logic.

Now we have opened the portal, people start to feel the gods tug at them more so then ever due to their presence being unlimited in the Shadowlands. Sides get taken based on personal beliefs and interpertation and the feud continues. Followers of Psycopompus hate Innos and those of Innos hate Psycopompus, while the followers of Gaia seek a peaceful solution and with to unite the factions.

ok well i finally got back to developing this and just wanna see how it looks right now. i am going to take it a little further before i post it on the rp forum and get it blasted but here goes. i don't have my notes with me so i am going to try and remember exactly what i wrote (i have to write this stuff down or the little, but important, details get lost to me):

The followers of Psycopompus are in what is called The Order of the Shadow. While this may have some inclination of evil it works well with the unredeemed and omni players who this god was intended for. but along with his personality it reflect his more cautious and careful side as he would rather stay back and calculate before he jumps into action. i think i characterized his followers as cool and cautious, thinking of the best for themselves and calculating their next moves.

The followers of Innos are in what is called The Order of the Illuminated (i felt like making an Illuminati reference). this as well is ment to fit in with clan and redeemed faction as that was his intention. his followers are characterized as rash and slightly arrorgant. (not to say that the others are't, these just tend to be more straight foward about it, a basis off the sentenials).

and lastly the Gaia followers are in The Order of the Earth (i ran out of creative juice there). they are ment to appeal to a neutral crowd but there are no restrictions. they are seen as wise and coolheaded, they judge sides carefully.

to make things complete in m weird little world i had to go and make a fourth sect, really not a sect but a panthanon(sp?). this is The Order of the Holy Trinity. not much to say, they are just really a combination of all three, they engulf the personalities of all three and refuse to take sides siting that all three are holy and that the true teachings of Gaia are with them. this in turn drives all of the three seperate churches mad being told they are wrong (oh what fun this is).

if anyone wants to help me do psudo scripture stuff (just little quotes no bible) go for it but just run it through me. this is the final bit i can think of to complete it, all sides are against each other, some can form alliances to go against the other, and the pagens can just hate all three and have them all to fight. it is just another way to experience the game (and besides a crusade or jhiad would be an interesting thing to have in this game).

ok well i finally got back to developing this and just wanna see how it looks right now. i am going to take it a little further before i post it on the rp forum and get it blasted but here goes. i don't have my notes with me so i am going to try and remember exactly what i wrote (i have to write this stuff down or the little, but important, details get lost to me):

The followers of Psycopompus are in what is called The Order of the Shadow. While this may have some inclination of evil it works well with the unredeemed and omni players who this god was intended for. but along with his personality it reflect his more cautious and careful side as he would rather stay back and calculate before he jumps into action. i think i characterized his followers as cool and cautious, thinking of the best for themselves and calculating their next moves.

The followers of Innos are in what is called The Order of the Illuminated (i felt like making an Illuminati reference). this as well is ment to fit in with clan and redeemed faction as that was his intention. his followers are characterized as rash and slightly arrorgant. (not to say that the others are't, these just tend to be more straight foward about it, a basis off the sentenials).

and lastly the Gaia followers are in The Order of the Earth (i ran out of creative juice there). they are ment to appeal to a neutral crowd but there are no restrictions. they are seen as wise and coolheaded, they judge sides carefully.

to make things complete in m weird little world i had to go and make a fourth sect, really not a sect but a panthanon(sp?). this is The Order of the Holy Trinity. not much to say, they are just really a combination of all three, they engulf the personalities of all three and refuse to take sides siting that all three are holy and that the true teachings of Gaia are with them. this in turn drives all of the three seperate churches mad being told they are wrong (oh what fun this is).

if anyone wants to help me do psudo scripture stuff (just little quotes no bible) go for it but just run it through me. this is the final bit i can think of to complete it, all sides are against each other, some can form alliances to go against the other, and the pagens can just hate all three and have them all to fight. it is just another way to experience the game (and besides a crusade or jhiad would be an interesting thing to have in this game).

as always leave constructive remakes please, help would be appericated, it's hard coming up with all this on m own.
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 00:22:43 Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote #6
Ivanelme
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Ivanelme
Add Ivanelme to Your Buddy List
Ivanelme
Leet

here is the final post, this is the most i can crank out at the moment, it is a list of the ranks within the Orders. The Gaia ranks are mostly ripped right out of the catholic church...though the order may be rearranged. the other two are composites. There are meanings behind most them, some refer to other names. anyway here is the list:

Innos:
Seeker - same in all 3, one who seeks knowldge, lowest of ranks.

Phoenix - (common trend of fire and light/or wrath and order) Arised from the ashes, a blank slate.

Lantern - Like a priest seeks to giude others tot he path

Monk - Keeper of the knowldge

Cardinal - different from the Gaia only heads the churches

Luminator - 3 of these, one dealing with the Lands, another the Scripture, and the last the Army.

The Illuminated One: Head of everything, one who knows all there is to know about Innos.

Psycopompus:
Seeker - you know

Spirit - left his old body and looks to start over in a new life

Reanimator - Does the job of a priest to bring new life to those who are lost

Reaper - holder of knowldge, reaps the information on Psycopompus

Lich - Leader of the churches

Necromonger - (taken from Chronicals of Riddock I was running out of ideas) same principal of as the Luminator

Lord Marshall - (another ripoff) Marshalls the whole of the Order

Gaia:
Seeker - you already know

Tabla Rosa - a blank slate and new start

Priest - same as the ones in earth

Monk - same as the Innos ones

Bishoip - leader of the churches

Cardinals - same as the Necromongers and the Luminators

Patriarch - leader of the Order

anyway there is everything, kind of long but read please ))