Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ????? Official patch info - August 1st 2002

hehe

Lag was one reason why I quit originally...

Other than that, I will have to act like a politician and say, "no comment".
    Born on: Wed Jun 27 15:39:10 2001
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

They are like every working person on this planet, they get holidays, days off, and over time as well. Just Because they haven't gave any new patch info does not mean they aren't thinking about it or working on it. This Seems like a big patch and alot of fixes. We just have to WAIT. Go Powerlvl your chacater until then
    -Diff-
    Veteran of Testlive
    Anarchy Online Test Community
    Getting Started on Test!
    Exploits is considered cheating, no one likes a cheater, so don't do it.

Originally posted by "No Evades" Diff
    They are like every working person on this planet, they get holidays, days off, and over time as well. Just Because they haven't gave any new patch info does not mean they aren't thinking about it or working on it. This Seems like a big patch and alot of fixes. We just have to WAIT. Go Powerlvl your chacater until then
    Let's not argue about this vacation time thing again. everytime we do the French end up getting insulted and CZ closes the thread

No matter what they ARE doing on the patch the thing they are NOT doing is telling us about it. They provide no patch information and no explanation for not having patch info. That is the sole problem here and that needs to be addressed.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

hehe

Yeah the French sure are sensitive lately... But then again, who wouldn't be if ya were losing your own country! lol
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

Re: hehe

Originally posted by Slavor
    Yeah the French sure are sensitive lately... But then again, who wouldn't be if ya were losing your own country! lol
    Stop it!

That's exactly the kind of thing that CZ closes my threads for.

Its incedible how far funcom has come. They used to close threads for bashing Funcom. Now they close them for bashing the French, and we're allowed to bash the company.

Pretty cool.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

<blockquote>"They used to close threads for bashing Funcom"</blockquote>

No no...they used to <b>DELETE</b> threads that pointed out problems with the game which reflected negatively on funcom (with or without flaming)

Umm....

Why do so many people complain on these boards so much that this game sucks and Funcom is terrible..yet they are still playing the game?

Sometimes it really annoys me how much people like to complain about everything but offer no constructive opinions or solutions. Is this game perfect? No. But neither is any other game on this planet.

I have been playing since the beginning and this game has come so far...and still so many of you just ***** away. It's like you have nothing better to do. Ahh the joys of being a part of the MMORPG community.

In sum, give these guys a break. If you like the game, pay Funcom to play. If you don't like it...then don't pay them. Wow, what a novel ******* concept!

Kloe

Edit - Removed PS - sorry for the unappropriate opinion.

/me gets off of her soapbox
    Last edited by Katerfelto; Aug 6th, 2002 at 23:04:04.

Originally posted by Kloe

PS - American's have just about the worst attitudes in the world. We act like everyone owes us for being...well, the US. It's no wonder we have such a bad international reputation...gah!
    I thought i was clear that this country bashing stuff is what gets threads closed, apparently. Knock it off.

As for the rest of your post. What do you think you'll see on forums? Of course it will be complaining. There' some good posts too, but a lot of complaining and a lot of good sugestions too. There's a mix. Also, what you may see as complaining another reasonable person may not. Its a subjective call, so get used to other people's opinions.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Thank you BoomDoom for explaining that to me.

you people seem to be missing something. Yeah...3 weeks of vacation... its been 8 weeks since the last time they patched test, and 5 weeks since they patched live. Where did the extra 2/5 weeks go?
    President of Midnight Reveries

Wink

Originally posted by Kloe
    Umm....

Why do so many people complain on these boards so much that this game sucks and Funcom is terrible..yet they are still playing the game?

Sometimes it really annoys me how much people like to complain about everything but offer no constructive opinions or solutions. Is this game perfect? No. But neither is any other game on this planet.

I have been playing since the beginning and this game has come so far...and still so many of you just ***** away. It's like you have nothing better to do. Ahh the joys of being a part of the MMORPG community.

In sum, give these guys a break. If you like the game, pay Funcom to play. If you don't like it...then don't pay them. Wow, what a novel ******* concept!

Kloe

Edit - Removed PS - sorry for the unappropriate opinion.

/me gets off of her soapbox
    Well let see, our payed period in AO is not over yet or some people actualy hope to get things fixed if they tell how bad they are (the last group is the naive one). Just take your pick.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

tee hee

Originally posted by BoomDoom

I thought i was clear that this country bashing stuff is what gets threads closed, apparently. Knock it off.

There are only 2 things I hate in this world:

(1) People who are intolerant of other's nationality and culture

and

(2) THE DUTCH!

Re: tee hee

Originally posted by Domokun

There are only 2 things I hate in this world:

(1) People who are intolerant of other's nationality and culture

and

(2) THE DUTCH!
    That movie was very funny. That line alone i nearly lost it.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

eek

Why do people hate the dutch? I'm part dutch by ancestry, although they escaped to north america in the 1850's, so that has to count for something, right?

I think people complain alot because they are perfectionists, and because they actually do "care" about the game and they'd like it to improve in some way...

If the French had more perfectionists...they might just have their own mmorpg someday! hehehe!
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

Re: eek

Originally posted by Slavor
    Why do people hate the dutch? I'm part dutch by ancestry, although they escaped to north america in the 1850's, so that has to count for something, right?
    Don't take it personally. Its a direct quote from Austin Powers. And a funny one at that
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

what is this thread about again?
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Apparently, this thread is about international vacation practices

I'm sure Funcom hasn't sent the entire development and technical staff on vacation. However, having worked on development projects myself, I do know that it can be difficult to finish and release while key developers are away. Mind; not impossible, just difficult. Even so, I think it makes sense not to rush a release when doing so will require resources better spent on real development.

The suggestion that they should hire extra people to replace those on vacation is only moderately good; a developer brought in from the outside cannot easily replace one that is familiar with the project.

I completely agree, though, that the information about the next patch is long overdue. At least they should give us an ETA on information and patch release. It seems the patch was originally due earlier than the present date. That means it has been delayed. Why? For how long? I'd really like to know...

They have long vactions. From what the professionals say, many of their answers have yet to come back from their original questions because the people who are suppose to answer them are on vacation. It's been weeks now. Heh. So sign me up for Funcom where I can vacation for 8 weeks.

I hate agreeing with Cindrax. But he's right. When a person pays a monthly subscription, I think it only right to expect some effort from the gaming company to provide content, provide support, provide communication. Currently Funcom provides software fixes. And a server for us to play on. Software fixes are free from most other software companies. Servers on smaller scopes are free as well.

Anyways. Since Cz and Cosmik always have to go to other people to answer questions, then what good are they? They add one more step for information to be garbled/lost.

It really takes very little time to scan these forums and post replies if you know the answers.

Originally posted by Zylina
    I hate agreeing with Cindrax. But he's right. When a person pays a monthly subscription, I think it only right to expect some effort from the gaming company to provide content, provide support, provide communication. Currently Funcom provides software fixes. And a server for us to play on. Software fixes are free from most other software companies. Servers on smaller scopes are free as well.
    I bet Funcom as a company doesn't differ much from any other IT company too much. Yes people have and people need vacations but in any case the scenario where 100% of resources would be unavailable at the same time - that just doesn't make any sense corporate wise. IMO the vacation time does not have as big impact as some of the posters on this board seems to think: A huge % of the patching work is pre-planning and resoursing and this could have been done during that period when the coding resources have been on vacation making it possible that when the resources were again available they have had the possibility to get on with it as soon as possible without any downtime. Wasting time and resources just isn't a smart move and i bet that Funcoms 'steering team', if you will, have seen the vacation time coming and reacted to it by planning the resoursing issue before hand. This is purelly common logic what comes to maintaining a product and its development.

I think the reason behind the huge timeframe in between the patches are due the huge size in fixed issues being implemented into the next 14.6 patch and has very little to do with the vacations. With a proper planning ahead and resource management we will be eventually see the 14.6 being patched to the test server and then to live instead of seeing 14.61, 14.62, 14.63 ad infinitum just because Funcom would have tired and very pissed off coders due to stress because they didn't have the option to take any vacation.

I have to agree that i too am very impatient what becomes to waiting the next patch but questioning Funcoms ability to handle its resources and planning just doesn't do any good no matter how obvious it seems. Bombarding Cosmik and Cz about the coming patch notes instead could make them get tired of us and 'leak' some bit of information about the patch and buy our confidence back for a brief period. Sorry about that Cosmik and Cz.
    Regards,
    Chromad

Advisor of the First Order

Tukan | Chromad | Mikados

Tukan:

I would agree with you IF there was communication. If the people planning the patches were hard at work as normal with the resources for implementation were away there would (in a normal world) be information about the patch, because it would have been planned.

But there is no information and no communication.

(Also, from what people have said on other threads apparently it is normal in Norway for entire businesses to shut down for a vacation period, right aroud this time. So if one group is gone it seems likely that the other group is gone as well. We'll never know because Funcom will never tel us).
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast