Thread: Why is my weapon skill so low? (piercing)

Why is my weapon skill so low? (piercing)

Recently I've had this conversation and a few like it:

[xxxx]: post rapiers plz
    [me]: <posts ql258 rapier>
    [xxxx]: are those the highest you can get on?
    [me]: yep
    [xxxx]: O.o
    [xxxx]: I'm surprised

So I'd thought I'd post here and see what I'm missing here.. I'm a ql210 opifex enf.

Items:
    255 symbs (ql220-240, including trickledown)
    077 3 pieces of mercs (ql255ish, can't get higher on)
    021 Nova Dillon pants/chest/helmet
    019 melee nball
    015 Infantry crepuscule boots
    012 +10 ergo ring
    004 Melee fighter's speed manual
    003 Cama pearl

Perks:
    022 Champion of light infantry 4

Buffs:
    132 wrangle (don't know any high level traders)
    120 Vlad's revenge
    020 Comp melee
    003 Comp attr trickledown
    003 behe trickledown
    002 prod strength trickledown
    -------------
    +708 sum of above (with 1017 base = 1725 piercing total)

But apparently a lot of people can equip the ql300 weapons at 210. (And without maxing out the perks I heard?) So any ideas where I can get another +275?

First off, I doubt they are getting on ql300 weapons without spending at least a few perks in the sl weapon lines (which you're missing for piercing). Secondly, if you had made the sensible choice and went clan/omni you get chosen/faithful (+48 to each weaponline at ql300). Then there's buffing weapons, spend some ip in 1he and you can equip two monofilament triplers for +60 piercing. Other than that, get more combined mercs, get a higher ql nball (I got a +28 one quite cheap from player shops), more alien perks etc.

edit: Also, guardian conductor of learning gives up to +50 at ql300, but you' need a towerbase
    Tzushia - Rimor Kingpin - equip 1.4k+ B&E available
    Don Iuan - Godfather - equip

Hzeng - Master 5th Dan - equip

General of Peace $ Love, Inc. - Want to join?

1)Chosen Enforcer Boots ql 300 +48
    2)Monofilament Tripler ql 200 +30 pierce(gotta hotswap thou)
    3)Guardian Conductor of Learning ql 250 +40
    4)Stinging Louse +12
    highest umbri from a 220 trader adds 149 i believe

might wanna max light inf as well for abt extra +50ish since i se u only invested 4 in light inf

+275 is kinda pushing it thou dunno who is able to do it as an enf at 210 ...... jc omg did i jus give advise to an enf on using piercing?
    erm jus curo thou why didnt u roll a shade instead? Oo
    220 enf Setup

153 is highest umbral
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Thanks for the suggestions. Since I'm neutral (as Tzushia figured out somehow) high towers and T3 is out. The higher nball is a good idea though--it's amazing how cheap they are now (I bought a +26 one for 9m). Next time I twink into a new weapon I'll see if the IP in 1he to equip triplers is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey216
    Thanks for the suggestions. Since I'm neutral (as Tzushia figured out somehow) high towers and T3 is out. The higher nball is a good idea though--it's amazing how cheap they are now (I bought a +26 one for 9m). Next time I twink into a new weapon I'll see if the IP in 1he to equip triplers is worth it.
    well you will be able to get probably around 500ish 1he without any ip in it just from syms and top 1he buff. then just grab a trader and you will be at 650ish. if you need anymore than the amount ip for the 1st 200 points is soo pathetically low you wont even notice it gone missing.
    Faeruithir 220 enf Dark Ones- active
    Ludaacris 207 keeper Dark ones -stripped and retired

Originally posted by Glarawyn
    Some nanomages are actually attractive, while others hit every branch on the way down when they fell out of the ugly tree. (Atrox on the other hand are uprooting the ugly tree and hitting eachother with it)

piercing is for shades

[220/22/01] Desperad0 - Enforcer
    [220/20/59] Minidesp - Agent

Piercing is for teh ones that dare to be different..

They got my respect
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Ignore people like that. You are doing good to get that size weapon on. I am 209 with 2 whole lines of perks in 1hb and I jusxt got my 300 on, without all those perks you are doing great.

It was a very difficult thing to do with no alien armor ( except 1 piece i borrowed)

Just got my Soul Mark of Pisces today, that's one advantage of piercing
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeruithir
    well you will be able to get probably around 500ish 1he without any ip in it just from syms and top 1he buff. then just grab a trader and you will be at 650ish. if you need anymore than the amount ip for the 1st 200 points is soo pathetically low you wont even notice it gone missing.
    Yes you're right, I if had the +120 1he buff I would have 638 1he, and wrangle would put me over the top., no IP needed even. So I'll use the monofiliment triplers next time, thanks.

keep the enf pircing candal berning
    Lottyy 220 pircing enf
    Kitkat 219 pistol mp
    yes im back let the trox hate begin again

<3 <3 Piercing <3 <3 am using a ql 282 992 rapier on lvl 211 cant equip a ql 300 without mercs, its a hard life to be a piercing enf, but when you sneak up at a mob and BOOM 13k damge..its a enf ffs we are supose to tank good and do avarage damage not doing about the same damage as a MA same lvl, its a awsome feeling though. for pvp aswell - a avarage sneak is around 4-6k damage its awsome. every time you sneak someone then you know that all the pain and twinking was worth every secound
    /tell Ilovemydirks

hmm aye its cool to use different weapons, but you will miss Perk Actions in the End what will it make more difficult to hold agg (Tried Energy Hammer and lost agg to a stupid 2he gimp ) hehe
    So yeah if you can make piercing work for yourself then do it
    My Chars:
    Hot "Reanimate" Babe (Level 220/20 Doc) - Proud General of "Chaotic Method" - Omni

Nano "Juwang" Power (Level 220/18 Nanomage Enf) - Proud Squad Commander of "Chaotic Method" - Omni
    First TL7 Nanomage Enforcer on Rimor.
    First lvl 220 Nanomage Enforcer on Rimor.

Quote Originally Posted by Reanimate
    hmm aye its cool to use different weapons, but you will miss Perk Actions in the End what will it make more difficult to hold agg (Tried Energy Hammer and lost agg to a stupid 2he gimp ) hehe
    So yeah if you can make piercing work for yourself then do it

So does this mean you WTB my 300 1hb's? I told you! I told you I told you!!!!

Tyk is always right :P
    Tykahndriuss 220/27 Enforcer Crap Equip
    Have you seen my stapler?
    Former Tank Monkey of CCI, DF, HUGE inc., Adrastus II - RK2

too late tyk already have a pair pwnd ^^
    My Chars:
    Hot "Reanimate" Babe (Level 220/20 Doc) - Proud General of "Chaotic Method" - Omni

Nano "Juwang" Power (Level 220/18 Nanomage Enf) - Proud Squad Commander of "Chaotic Method" - Omni
    First TL7 Nanomage Enforcer on Rimor.
    First lvl 220 Nanomage Enforcer on Rimor.

iriche is hawt
    Mad as a Hatter
    Devil Inside's official mascot