Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IRRK: The Day of Reckoning

I honestly dont care about anybody else's political views you want my opinion? this conflict between the Clans and Omni-Tek on top of this alien menace just means more paydays for me I could care less about other people their fights are not mine....not my problem you can all deal with your own problems as for these aliens their technology intrigues me.... The only reason I fight them is so I can become stronger....

Oh well it doesnt matter either way whoever has the most money can take my services as a mercenary as long as they have the money in their pockets ashame the aliens don't think the same way oh well thats life for you.

Timespans

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentprice
    No.

I will not fight to defend a rebel city, never. Neutral? Probably. But rebels, no. They already chose not to accept Omni-Tek protection.
    And what of those of us who were BORN in clan territory and see OT as an oppressive force attempting to assert ownership of people who never signed a contract with them? People have been living on Rubi-Ka for centuries in the face of a constant warfare.

Certainly, some people in the Clans choose to leave OT employment of their own free will, but the vastest majority of us have been Clan all our lives, and some of us are willing even to defend OT employees against the threat of Aliens, or other hostile creatures.

Knowing people who have been OT, and having been in OT cities during the so-called amnesty period, I find it amusing that this company that supposedly is supported by loyal employees has to have constant propaganda playing in their cities, repeating "Omni-Tech is your friend" and "Omni-Tech Protects" until anyone with any conscious awareness of propaganda wants to rip their ears out of their own head!

What OT fails to realize is that by treating Clan CITIZENS as PROPERTY, they are breaking unbroken legal structures stretching back to the First Century (pre-nuclear). Human beings are NOT property, and never WILL be! If a person signs a extended contract, that's one thing, but claiming the children of those contract signatories is inappropriate in the extreme. Some OT 'employees' realized this truth, and broke away to form the clans CENTURIES ago. OT is living in the past, in the heyday of their initial complete ownership of the planet, and needs to realize that there is now a native population.

[out of character] I cannot believe that every person who ever came to Rubi-Ka chose complete sterilization, and even for people coming to RK more recently, the choice used to be available before making planetfall as to which faction to join. For clan Atroxes, I imagine that most of them are from an Atrox production facility that was in the city that used to be Omni-2 and became Old Athen.

IMHO there's a definate possibility for this to happen, albeit wavering on the pretense of people's thoughts - in history we've had friendly discussions between Clan and Omni leaders. As long as Tarkhan Zora can recognize and utilize the same interfactional relationships the leaders have had, we can fight through this.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    IMHO there's a definate possibility for this to happen, albeit wavering on the pretense of people's thoughts - in history we've had friendly discussions between Clan and Omni leaders. As long as Tarkhan Zora can recognize and utilize the same interfactional relationships the leaders have had, we can fight through this.

That may be so but there are still some Clans that will NEVER side with Omni-Tek no matter what, (Sentinels, Dust Brigade).

Quote Originally Posted by malewerecat
    That may be so but there are still some Clans that will NEVER side with Omni-Tek no matter what, (Sentinels, Dust Brigade).
    And vice versa. And some neuts won't ever side with either ommers or clans, or will only side with one of the two.
    We have far too many people with too severe emotional scars after these centuries of war, sadly.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

While the idea behind this editorial sounds wonderful, it is not realistic at all. There are simply too many social and political barriers for Omni-Tek and the Clans to work together in a military alliance. A tenetive ceasefire agreement might be possible but would require years of work to construct.

I think that the best Omni-Tek can offer would be to continue to provide open transportation into the Outzone combat areas. I really don't know what else we can realistically offer. I've know that the Clans have put forward a few hamfisted proposals to open negotiations, but they are flawed and not likely to accomplish anything.

Of course, if anyone has a *serious* proposal for resolving the current situation, I would be willing to hear it.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK
    The Day of Reckoning
    November 27, 29479 - Aaryl Stark

IRRK - It is time to set aside the continuing conflict between Omni-Tek and Clan; add the Neutrals into the mix and together, work as one to eradicate the aliens from Rubi-Ka's territory and space.

He is right! We do not need to fight over the land we were born in! We need to fight the Alien threat to our society, and living kind! All this Omni-Tek and Clan war has got to stop. Were only diminishing our numbers so fast! After all we dont know how many aliens we have to fight to eradicate them!

If we stand together as one, not as Clan, or Omni, we might just stand a chance at this. We stand no chance on the battle feald as split apart as we are. There will come a day when the aliens attack, and we will be no mach for them if we are apart. we need to shoot to kill the aliens, leave none alive, yet we need a few to studdy there technology and learn there weeknesses.

We are low on doctors, to help heal us in the time of battle and the time of total war. Tho we are in the proses of training them, we need more! The playfield is set, mark your targets well and place your shot as a hero, not as a week soul damned to your own demise. IT IS TIME TO MAKE A STAND FOR RUBY-KI! STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT! Not for your own greed and lust over power.

Make your mind up on the way to the becoming part of the new Ruby-Ki orginasation dedicated to the alien threat witch is becoming larger than life itself. No one man can stand up against an entire army of aliens! No one ruler can help you do this if we dont join forces, and most of all. There os no chosen one to battle for you.

There shouldnt be one ruler to tell you where to go or what to do, but instead, an army of fighters. No i cant tell you to go Clan, nor Omni, but you can help in your part by helping others fight the alien threat on Ruby-ki. Take your marks as a soul mark to fight for what is RIGHT!!! Take ruby-Ki from the griphold of the aliens and stand up for mankind!

Born Neutral, Clan Protector. Agent number 2500 (Agnet2500 RK1)
    Last edited by Agent2500; Dec 1st, 2005 at 14:08:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Stroud
    While the idea behind this editorial sounds wonderful, it is not realistic at all. There are simply too many social and political barriers for Omni-Tek and the Clans to work together in a military alliance. A tenetive ceasefire agreement might be possible but would require years of work to construct.

I think that the best Omni-Tek can offer would be to continue to provide open transportation into the Outzone combat areas.
    Stroud, you got a few points right here, there're indeed political barriers, in that all three factions have their share of hardliners who can't see beyond their own little agenda.
    Social barriers, though, I haven't seen on my travels: all factions care for their own and extend some services to citizens from other factions - albeit sometimes very grudingly.

Yes, a ceasefire will take some effort to hammer out, but not years: what is required is for the various leaders to realize that cooperation is indeed necessary.
    And in order to progress they then need to convince the public of the same.
    Which would still leave us with the criminals profiting from the war, the powerhungry warmongers who get some political power from the war and with the unfortunate people who have undergone such terrible ordeals as to be in dire need of psychiatric help but who are for the moment left untended as they're good fighters. These various groups are to be found on all sides of the conflict.

It really doesn't take much to realize that the better we coordinate our defense the better for all of us. The real problem is in people's pride and false sense of superiority..
    As in "The best that OT can offer..."
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

I think that the best Omni-Tek can offer would be to continue to provide open transportation into the Outzone combat areas. I really don't know what else we can realistically offer. I've know that the Clans have put forward a few hamfisted proposals to open negotiations, but they are flawed and not likely to accomplish anything.

Of course, if anyone has a *serious* proposal for resolving the current situation, I would be willing to hear it.
    I agree myself on the ceasefire, and it would take years to put on the board. It is allso a vary nice start to a friendly, and working part of Ruby-ki. The only problem is there are still people out there [like Vincentprice from the Omni-Tek, and im sure some people from even my own organisation..] that will not join even if you paid them to do so. In witch case they would rebel and from there own side im sure, starting the whole thing over. We as the people who wish to become one, should at least try to convert them to our cause. If anything form a love-hate relationship between the two.

One thing to note. If perhaps, one Omni-Tek armed force attacked one Clan rebel. We would start a war fighting a war in the midst of a battle field. This cannot happen at all cost. I think if anything we put strong guards in the battle field for that protection. Thats if we even get that far.

*Negs thinks to himself* About freakin time. There there are more important things going on than a trivial squabble between Omni and Clans.

Aliens care not of sides and will try to erradicate all. .... silly singleminded people ..... look at the big picture of Rubi-ka
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

I have faced this on my home planet and even though I have found Employment with Omni-tek I work for the Society of Salvation Dept. and we are diplomats and peacekeepers and hold no grudges. I will do all I can to help in the fight against the invaders and will work beside any and all Rubi-kans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentprice
    No.

I will not fight to defend a rebel city, never. Neutral? Probably. But rebels, no. They already chose not to accept Omni-Tek protection.
    Protection? maybe we would accept that. But this far Omni-tek has only offered us slavery and oppression.
    Snowlion 220/21 ma
    aka
    Snowserpent 207/x MP
    Mediheli 209/x Doc
    and some other lowbies

How easily we forget the lessons of time. Omni-Tek and Clan forces united during the war with SOL Banking forcing them off Rubi-Ka. An alliance would be easy to fordge, but the circumstance have to be just right. Besides, this whole report is hype. The aliens have yet to actually show any real opposition. While they have manages to get a foot hold in the Outzone, the fact remains the Outzone is an unpopulated, at the time, undefended area. The aliens have yet to make any effective offensive strike into the major cities. Their advanced technology has yet to do anything for them, it has gotten them into a situation they are unable to win. It is only a matter of time before the calavery arrives and we blast them out of the sky. All the aliens have done is allowed us to make great leaps in technology, other then that they are useless and ineffective.

To expand a bit on what I was saying earlier, there are several specific barriers keeping Omni-Tek and the Clans away from the negotiating table.

The biggest issue is political legitimacy. There has never been any formal recognition of the new Council of Truth. As far as the law is concerned, the Council dissolved three years ago. If Omni-Tek were to open any kind of diplomatic relations with the reformed Council it would be a de facto acknowledgement that the new Council is an official, legal continuation of the original one. This would be a major political victory for the Clans, while Omni-Tek would get nothing in return.

The second problem is with the Council of Truth itself. The new Council lacks any kind of executive power; they are little more than a discussion group where the Clans can debate each other. They do not have the authority to enter into any kind of negotiations. If the Council were to give itself executive powers then it would lose the support of several member Clans, including the Unionists. Because the Unionists are the largest of the Clans, and have the greatest industrial power, their departure could lead to the collapse of the Council altogether.

The final hurdle is with the current Speaker of the Council. There was an incredible amount of tension when Radiman met with Ross three years ago, and that was during much calmer times. Can you imagine Simon Silverstone coming to Omni-1 to meet with Zora with the way things stand now? Silverstone is regarded as little more than a thug; Omni-Tek would rather kill him than negotiate with him. Even overlooking that, Silverstone is infamous for his ability to not negotiate anything. Mr. Zora does not have the time or the patience to deal with someone so ill-suited for their job.

All of these issues have to be addressed before any kind of negotiations can begin, much less be successful.

Commissioner, RKDC

The problem is that Silverstone is the speaker, he would never open negoiations with Omni-Tek, as far as he is concerned the CoT is there to exercise his will and if it diasgrees with him again he will dissolve it. I figure Omni-Tek doesn't recognize the CoT because last time it dissolved, what is going to keep it from doing that again?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanelme
    The aliens have yet to actually show any real opposition. While they have manages to get a foot hold in the Outzone, the fact remains the Outzone is an unpopulated, at the time, undefended area. The aliens have yet to make any effective offensive strike into the major cities. Their advanced technology has yet to do anything for them, it has gotten them into a situation they are unable to win. It is only a matter of time before the calavery arrives and we blast them out of the sky. All the aliens have done is allowed us to make great leaps in technology, other then that they are useless and ineffective.
    Ehh.. they're in the Outzone. And that's quite a bit of realestate they got them.
    True, we're not defending it when they moved in. They're defending it now. It takes a lot more effort to take a fortified position then it does defending it: the attackers may decide the time, but the defenders chose the battleground - and the defender never chooses ground favouring the attacker you know.
    You're saying the cavalry will come.. we're subject to a siege in space, go talk to the newcomers, nearly all shuttles are being attacked on the way in, many transports are being wiped out as well.

There are two things a soldier must never do:
    1) Overestimate the enemy and
    2) underestimate the enemy.

1) because that can/will cause him to loose the initiative for concerns what the enemy can/will do.
    2) because he then will not take required precautions to ensure a swift victory and safeguard against failure.

When you think of the aliens you really should remember this or you will for sure find yourself in trouble with them.
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

Angry

OK, I'm going to blatantly say right now, that I'm a neutral in this war, but have stayed Omni throughout because of all the protection the company has given me. I'd be welcome to forge some positive relations with the clans (but don't think I'll take struggles kindly or some clanner might be seeing a Warbot a bit too closely.)
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Where do I start???

There has never been any formal recognition of the new Council of Truth.
    Whether or not the Council is acknowledged by Omni Tek, the council is now involved in negotiations for a meeting with Tarkhan Zora. The Council recently voted 8-2-1 in favor of the meeting.

The second problem is with the Council of Truth itself. The new Council lacks any kind of executive power; they are little more than a discussion group where the Clans can debate each other. They do not have the authority to enter into any kind of negotiations.
    Wrong. The Council is there for all clans. See the above statement.

If the Council were to give itself executive powers then it would lose the support of several member Clans, including the Unionists. Because the Unionists are the largest of the Clans, and have the greatest industrial power, their departure could lead to the collapse of the Council altogether.
    Wrong. Sentinels are the Largest clan, followed closely by Knights and New Dawn. Aideen Landau (president of the Unionists) was the largest supporter of the meeting between the Council and Zora.

The final hurdle is with the current Speaker of the Council. There was an incredible amount of tension when Radiman met with Ross three years ago, and that was during much calmer times. Can you imagine Simon Silverstone coming to Omni-1 to meet with Zora with the way things stand now? Silverstone is regarded as little more than a thug; Omni-Tek would rather kill him than negotiate with him. Even overlooking that, Silverstone is infamous for his ability to not negotiate anything. Mr. Zora does not have the time or the patience to deal with someone so ill-suited for their job.
    I don't like your words about Silverstone. Everything i'm seeing, both behind the scenes and in public, state the same things about Zora. I am not going discuss things I know at this time, however. Personally, i'd love to see Silverstone in the meeting but he won't be there, of course. Just like I won't, just like Tussa won't. Silverstone is an amazing leader. Keep looking at his lack of negotiation ability... ignore the fact that he has the most support in the Council and he built the largest clan on Rubi Ka. It's a flaw you'll learn about soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera
    Whether or not the Council is acknowledged by Omni Tek, the council is now involved in negotiations for a meeting with Tarkhan Zora. The Council recently voted 8-2-1 in favor of the meeting.

I am well aware of the activities of both chambers of the Council of Truth. I am also well aware that Tarkhan Zora is not going to meet with you simply because the Council voted for it. You can send all of the liaisons and ambassadors and diplomats you wish; they will all be turned away by Omni-Tek until the CoT can prove that it is even worth meeting.

If Omni-Tek were to meet with you it would give the Council a good deal of political legitimacy; a major victory for the Clans. What does Omni-Tek get in return? An opportunity to listen to you whine? Unacceptable.

Perhaps I need to define "executive power" for you. It is not a question of the Council being "there" for the Clans. If there is going to be any meaningful treaty between Omni-Tek and the Clans, then it would be up to the Council to enforce its end of the agreement. What will you do if one of the Council clans decides to violate the treaty? Are you going to give them a stern talking to? To enforce a treaty, the Council will need the power to pass laws and the authority to act on them.

Wrong. Sentinels are the Largest clan, followed closely by Knights and New Dawn. Aideen Landau (president of the Unionists) was the largest supporter of the meeting between the Council and Zora.

Hmm, I was under the impression the Unionists were slightly larger than the Sentinels, even though the latter has much more political and military power. I find it extremely unlikely that they are outnumbered by New Dawn, especially in this day and age, but I haven't bothered to count heads lately. Note that I am talking about size ((NPC population)) rather than how much support they have in the Council.

That point is irrelevant anyway. Landau may talk big about supporting the idea of the meetings, but if the Council granted itself the power to pass laws over the Clans his position would reverse so fast it will leave you dizzy. Of course, if the Council declined to grant itself those powers you would continue to have the Unionist's support, but Omni-Tek would refuse to meet with you.

I don't like your words about Silverstone. Everything i'm seeing, both behind the scenes and in public, state the same things about Zora. I am not going discuss things I know at this time, however. Personally, i'd love to see Silverstone in the meeting but he won't be there, of course. Just like I won't, just like Tussa won't. Silverstone is an amazing leader. Keep looking at his lack of negotiation ability... ignore the fact that he has the most support in the Council and he built the largest clan on Rubi Ka. It's a flaw you'll learn about soon enough.

And this, right here, is the reason why the Council's attempt at opening negotiations will fail.

You don't like my words about Silverstone? I do not care. Your feelings do not matter. MY feelings do not matter. Silverstone's feelings do not matter. Even Zora's feelings do not matter.

Dealing with Omni-Tek is not like negotiating with your fellow clansmen in the Council. Omni-Tek does not discuss feelings, we conduct business. Unless the Clans as a whole are prepared to understand how Omni-Tek thinks, acts, and negotiates, you will continue to fail in your attempts.

And even if you, Captain Gorslin, could come to understand that, it wouldn't do you much good. Radiman understood which buttons to push, he knew how to put Omni-Tek on the ropes, but what is he today? A pathetic old man desperately trying to patch together his shattered legacy before he shuffles off to the grave. And the beauty of it is, it wasn't Omni-Tek that lead to his downfall, but rather his own "fellow" clansmen. It was the Red Freedom movement and the Council of Ares that set him up for the fall; all the Dust Brigade did was give a little push at the end and Omni-Tek's hand was forced. If you try to walk down the same path you will meet the same fate.

I am not saying this to be cruel. I am saying this because it is true. Until the Clans accept this truth, which they won't, the Council and Omni-Tek have nothing to talk about.

Commissioner, RKDC

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jacob Stroud
    'The second problem is with the Council of Truth itself. The new Council lacks any kind of executive power; they are little more than a discussion group where the Clans can debate each other. They do not have the authority to enter into any kind of negotiations.'

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jacob Stroud
    'The final hurdle is with the current Speaker of the Council. There was an incredible amount of tension when Radiman met with Ross three years ago, and that was during much calmer times. Can you imagine Simon Silverstone coming to Omni-1 to meet with Zora with the way things stand now? Silverstone is regarded as little more than a thug; Omni-Tek would rather kill him than negotiate with him. Even overlooking that, Silverstone is infamous for his ability to not negotiate anything. Mr. Zora does not have the time or the patience to deal with someone so ill-suited for their job.'

If not mistaken Silverstone's excellent leadership lead him to be the one to disban the Council of Truth and declare marshal law in Tir. It looks to me Silverstone isn't an excellent leader, but an excellent bully. The only reason he is still in power with the Clans is because the other leaders recognize this and are using it to their advantage.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast