Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IRRK: The Day of Reckoning

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Stroud
    I am well aware of the activities of both chambers of the Council of Truth. I am also well aware that Tarkhan Zora is not going to meet with you simply because the Council voted for it. You can send all of the liaisons and ambassadors and diplomats you wish; they will all be turned away by Omni-Tek until the CoT can prove that it is even worth meeting.

If Omni-Tek were to meet with you it would give the Council a good deal of political legitimacy; a major victory for the Clans. What does Omni-Tek get in return? An opportunity to listen to you whine? Unacceptable.
    I really don't know where you get any of this information you have because he's already expressed interest in meeting with Clan leadership. Last time I looked, we seem to be part of that.

Perhaps I need to define "executive power" for you. It is not a question of the Council being "there" for the Clans.
    Instead of defining things for me, perhaps you should open a gridfeed once in a while and get some facts straight. The Council was no more organized among the clans last time it was recognized. Sure it was a bit larger but thats about it.

That point is irrelevant anyway. Landau may talk big about supporting the idea of the meetings, but if the Council granted itself the power to pass laws over the Clans his position would reverse so fast it will leave you dizzy. Of course, if the Council declined to grant itself those powers you would continue to have the Unionist's support, but Omni-Tek would refuse to meet with you.
    The Council walks a fine line. We don't make policy, we try to make clan life better and we do not pass laws for anyone to adhere to. It takes a person with a grasp on clan life to realize that...which is why you don't. ...and as far as passing laws goes, even i'd leave if they tried passing laws that directly affected my Clan.

Dealing with Omni-Tek is not like negotiating with your fellow clansmen in the Council...blah blah blah
    I sort of figured that out.

And even if you, Captain Gorslin, could come to understand that, it wouldn't do you much good. Radiman understood which buttons to push, he knew how to put Omni-Tek on the ropes, but what is he today? A pathetic old man desperately trying to patch together his shattered legacy before he shuffles off to the grave. And the beauty of it is, it wasn't Omni-Tek that lead to his downfall, but rather his own "fellow" clansmen. It was the Red Freedom movement and the Council of Ares that set him up for the fall; all the Dust Brigade did was give a little push at the end and Omni-Tek's hand was forced. If you try to walk down the same path you will meet the same fate.
    *applauds*

I don't necessarily agree with Henry Radiman, personally.. but it might suprise you to learn that he was the one that asked us to meet with Zora. He may be still pushing buttons for all we know. After reviewing every scrap of information I could find on the subject (NOT including "History 101" by Omni Reform or "Nevvers guide to History"), I can't agree with you that the clans set him up. ..but we're not here to debate that.

Fighting beside an Omlet huh? Hmm I would have to think of that but Fence Sitters I can think I would help them
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

I am well aware of the activities of both chambers of the Council of Truth. I am also well aware that Tarkhan Zora is not going to meet with you simply because the Council voted for it. You can send all of the liaisons and ambassadors and diplomats you wish; they will all be turned away by Omni-Tek until the CoT can prove that it is even worth meeting.
    Heh, you're certainly aware of a whole lot, aren't you?
    Now please enlighten me, how on Rubi-Ka can you know what Zora will or will not do? You his boss or what?
    As to your claim to knowing what the Council is doing, that's voided by your lack of understanding what the Clans is all about..
    If Omni-Tek were to meet with you it would give the Council a good deal of political legitimacy; a major victory for the Clans. What does Omni-Tek get in return? An opportunity to listen to you whine? Unacceptable.
    Well, it just might give OTRK an opportunity to keep exporting notum at great profit, once we kick out those pesky aliens.. guess that doesn't mean a lot to you but it just might mean something to OT's board of directors.. Zora was actually sent here to make sure that this objective was attained, according to all the propaganda spewed by OT's media machine.
    All the clans have been unsure of was his approach to ensure reaching this goal, not what goal he was after.
    Perhaps I need to define "executive power" for you. It is not a question of the Council being "there" for the Clans. If there is going to be any meaningful treaty between Omni-Tek and the Clans, then it would be up to the Council to enforce its end of the agreement. What will you do if one of the Council clans decides to violate the treaty? Are you going to give them a stern talking to? To enforce a treaty, the Council will need the power to pass laws and the authority to act on them.
    There'll be the same response as when some OT department or group of employees gets out of hand, of course. If mirroring OT's response isn't enough for you, perhaps you need to rethink your approach to keeping discipline amongst your own..
    And the Council needn't have the power to pass laws, as long as they agree on guidelines that are clearly advantageous to follow. That's the difference between a dictatorship and a union of democracies.
    And this, right here, is the reason why the Council's attempt at opening negotiations will fail.

I do not care. Your feelings do not matter. MY feelings do not matter. Silverstone's feelings do not matter. Even Zora's feelings do not matter.

Dealing with Omni-Tek is not like negotiating with your fellow clansmen in the Council. Omni-Tek does not discuss feelings, we conduct business. Unless the Clans as a whole are prepared to understand how Omni-Tek thinks, acts, and negotiates, you will continue to fail in your attempts.

I am not saying this to be cruel. I am saying this because it is true. Until the Clans accept this truth, which they won't, the Council and Omni-Tek have nothing to talk about.
    Well, you're right about OT conducting business. And that's exactly why they have to take every opportunity to keep the cash flowing. They say that politics makes for strange bedfellows but that's nothing compared to business.
    By the way, us clanners have a whole lot more understanding for how you think and operate than the other way around. Which is a major flaw in your behaviour: you want to beat us yet you don't understand us - and that means you can never beat us.
    I'm not saying this to be cruel but because it's true..
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jokzer
    By the way, us clanners have a whole lot more understanding for how you think and operate than the other way around. Which is a major flaw in your behaviour: you want to beat us yet you don't understand us - and that means you can never beat us.
    I'm not saying this to be cruel but because it's true..
    Im not saying this to be cruel....but you couldnt be more wrong. The clans, as a whole, is easy to understand. What is tricky, however, is to figure out what each and every one of you independently thinks and wants. Because thats what you all want to be isnt it? Independent right? Your own boss? Thought so...

If, for once, I should use capitol letters when describing The Clans..... I would be hard pressed not to start laughing. You, the clans, know less about yourself (in other words, the other clans) than Omni Tek do. Omni Tek is one single body. One corporation. This one big corporation have the means and the skills needed to find who the opposition are and how they work. Now, I am sure you understand that the clans really is nothing more than a series of smaller corporations and also I am guessing that each to your own you dont stand a chance bringing forth the sort of investigative power with Omni Tek does.
    So, dont you think we know more about you than you do about us? Hell, do I even have to bring up the little barkeeper who were eavesdropping in on you for all those years.
    Come to think of it..... how many of you....do you think is really one of us?

Oh and while I am at it. Dont presume you know much about individual Omni Tek employees standings within the corp. I know some of you who might have a chance learning about it but for the most part, the way you live your lifes, makes it impossible to ever understand.

I would gladly fight alongside a clanner against the aliens. Also, Id accept the help of the Neutrals any day it was offered. If people cant see the big picture they arent worth more than Leet droppings to me.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    The clans, as a whole, is easy to understand.[...]

[...]You, the clans, know less about yourself (in other words, the other clans) than Omni Tek do. Omni Tek is one single body. One corporation. This one big corporation have the means and the skills needed to find who the opposition are and how they work.[...]
    So, dont you think we know more about you than you do about us? Hell, do I even have to bring up the little barkeeper who were eavesdropping in on you for all those years.
    Come to think of it..... how many of you....do you think is really one of us?

[...]

I would gladly fight alongside a clanner against the aliens.
    Not to be too cruel, but you have missed a few points here and there.. (( ))
    Omni-Tek does indeed have a single goal for the corporation: making money.
    However, as far as OT-RK goes internal strife, personal ambition, diverging strategies and so on has caused OT-RK to be very far from the unified entity you describe, possibly even think it is.
    To use your own metafor, the OT body is having problems controlling it's limbs, it is having problems getting it's eyes to focus and it's ears to be open and at the same time the mouth is saying some pretty weird stuff on and off.
    Pride is a bad thing, sometimes..

With respect to your (implied) spies, what on Rubi-Ka makes you think they haven't been turned? Or burned and fed false information? It's been millenia since spies were introduced in warfare and we acknowledge that all sides in this conflict uses them. Yes, even us Clans have spies inside OT.. surprising, isn't it? Some are so far undiscovered, some have been discovered and turned, some even turned back..
    There's no reason to think your situation is any different and if you do - heh, good. More power to us. Pride is a bad thing, sometimes..

As for the Clans, you've missed something: we have the same ultimate goal, and while we have different approaches to achieve this goal it doesn't change this fact.
    We simply join the clan that is the closest to our individual approach the achieving our common goal.
    We have the same desire to be our own boss as any of the omni employees I've ever come across. Ie, not that we cannot accept having a leader, just that we want to be in control of our own destiny as a whole.
    And I dare say we have the same skills and proficiency as OT does, not to mention the defectors that have told us about OT's methology. Some turncoats we even believe, hehe..

And I'd be happy to kick some aliens back into space with you besides me as well. The future is at the will of the fates.
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

As for the Clans, you've missed something: we have the same ultimate goal, and while we have different approaches to achieve this goal it doesn't change this fact.
    How is:
    A-Kill everyone that stands in our way.
    and
    B-Try to sort things out with diplomacy.
    even slightly related?

You stating that Omni Tek does not function and do not work as one is, excuse the language, pure and utter rubbish. Clans working together as one is also not correct.
    Now, for the clans to work together as one you would need ONE governing head of all the clans united. Then, and only then, could you claim they were working as one..

But, all this is getting in the way of the topic and that is quite sad, since it is the only thing we agree about it seems.

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    How is:
    A-Kill everyone that stands in our way.
    and
    B-Try to sort things out with diplomacy.
    even slightly related?
    "War is diplomacy through other means."
    Either talking people into agreeing or killing them yields the same result.

Yeah, we better get back to agreeing on fighting off the aliens, then we can discuss this over some coffee later.. or across our gunsights, whichever may be the case.
    I prefer the first option, by the way.
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

Yeah, we better get back to agreeing on fighting off the aliens, then we can discuss this over some coffee later.. or across our gunsights, whichever may be the case.
    I prefer the first option, by the way.
    I think its futile....
    Draw or die clanner.

On a sidenote, I do like a good cup of coffee...

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

*wonders how to make a fast draw with anything but a pistol*

Meh, you're probably right. We're more likely to go back to fighting each other again. Sad, really. Guess humanity hasn't evolved all that much over the millennia.
    But that's for after we send them pesky aliens packing. May the gods of war be on our side, fighter. We need them this time 'round.
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123