Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Enforcer's prayer

The Enforcer's prayer

Someone posted this on our clan forums and I found it so stunning, I just had to repost here. It's a text written by Gammelsmygen who plays that horrible, horrible crapcraft game, and it's been modified to fit AO by Juxiao from my guild. Enjoy.

I am the Enforcer.

When you see me, I will, most likely, not be attired formally. I will be encased in my steel. It will be dirty, bloody, and battered. I do not have a quick tongue or eloquent speech. I know nothing of the manners of politics, or the ettiquette of the formal ball.

I am known by many names. Tank. Meatshield. Fighter. Brawler. Corpse.

I am the Enforcer

I have not the capability, nor the inclination, to hide. I cannot strike from stealth with devastating blows, then fade into the darkness. I cannot incinerate a foe from twenty paces away. I cannot deal death from a distance, safe from the return attacks of my enemy. In order to kill, I must close with the enemy. I see his eyes. I smell his breath. I taste his fear. And he tastes mine.

I cannot bend Nature to do my bidding. I cannot tap into my emotions and force it to do what I command. I cannot study the notum flow and master it to my control. I command nought but my mind, my body, and my will. It is by those, and those alone, that I stand or fall.

I have no friends on my journey. No robots or assistants, summoned or created as servants and bodyguards. No loyal beasts of the plains or woods, to defend me and comfort me in my pain. My sole companion is my weapon. I must care for it better than any hunter has ever cared for his beast. I must master it more than any Meta has ever mastered his eternalisations. Without me, it is useless. Without it, I am nothing.

I cannot heal. I cannot shield. I cannot call upon the gods and see my prayers answered. I call to the spirits of my ancestors in the heat of battle, and they are silent. My only ability to protect is to offer myself, my blood and bone and sinew, as a sacrifice. To draw the attacks of our foes. To take the blows that would kill a lesser being, and continue to fight on.

I cannot kill with the speed and grace of the agent, the suddenness and shock of the soldier, or the flamboyance and power of the Nanotech. When I kill, it is a slow business. Slow and bloody for all concerned, myself included. I fight on, pummeled and battered so that my companions may receive the glory of the kill and the wreaths of victory. If I die and they yet live, it is an expected sacrifice.

I come in all races, all sizes. I fight under a thousand flags, on a million battlefields. I am dismissed by the highborn, scorned by the noble, lectured by the doctor, and forgotten by the peasant. Until the time when the trumpets of battle sound, and those who would destroy them come forth. And then the cry goes up..."Where, oh where, is the Enforcer?"

Pray to your gods that I continue to answer that call.

Few do answer the call. Fewer still survive. It is a long and hard road, this way of the Enforcer. Along it lie pain, and fear, and death. Scant rewards and scanter gratitude. At the end, for most, is an anonymous grave on some windblown battlefield. If they are lucky.

And yet, I fight on. I do not even know why. Perhaps for glory, perhaps for fame, perhaps for money, perhaps for my country, perhaps for my family. Perhaps it is simply all I know how to do. But fight I will. Whether you appreciate it or not. Whether you even notice it or not. I will be out there, on the battle lines. Fighting. Killing. Dying.

I am the Enforcer.

Death is my business.

Be it yours...or mine.

*applause*

Deng - Enforcer

Currently a bit busy

omg that is so beatiful
    Apprentice Powerworker 216 / 19 Proud Member Of Dark Front
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Shenshen 206 / 6 Martial Artist Proud Member Of Exodus
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Agentshenia 210 / 13 Agent Proud Member Of Exodus

Very nice...that is indeed us "The Enforcer"

Amen!
    Tykahndriuss 220/27 Enforcer Crap Equip
    Have you seen my stapler?
    Former Tank Monkey of CCI, DF, HUGE inc., Adrastus II - RK2

Nice!

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

Love it
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Thats a post worth reading and i think we all just can totally agree with its meaning

*APPLAUSE*
    My Chars:
    Hot "Reanimate" Babe (Level 220/20 Doc) - Proud General of "Chaotic Method" - Omni

Nano "Juwang" Power (Level 220/18 Nanomage Enf) - Proud Squad Commander of "Chaotic Method" - Omni
    First TL7 Nanomage Enforcer on Rimor.
    First lvl 220 Nanomage Enforcer on Rimor.

That is what we are. All the way down the line. Holy Crap....well done!!

This sure captures the essence of being an enf!
    I love it, and it makes me want to play my enf again.

Too bad account runs out the 29th ><
    Kwautrawn - Proud wielder of The Edge of The Tarasque. My Gear
    Rambokwaut -Soldier Alt.
    SneakingKwau -Tower Defender.

[Jollzwhin]: you had that one reserved specially for me didnt you
    To [Jollzwhin]: no comment

Very nice indeed

Sticky!

Thumbs up

Indeed. Bump for sticky.

that's awesome dude, very beautiful
    Back on enf!

that is good should have mentioned one thing that it didnt

We are the doctors best friend or worse nightmare at times. How I feel alot of times dont care what happens to everybody else but the doc dies my death will be soon after that.

Red face Made it more Atrox style.

I Enforcer.

You see me, I big, I smash you.

I known by name, dumb, big, strong, dumb.

I Enforcer.

I no hide, I no sneaky, I no run away. I smash.

I no bend nature, I make angry! I <3 notum. I big.

No friends, no walking metal, no floating meatball, no beast. BIG weapon! Me like!

I no heal, I make angry. I smash enemy! I laugh at enemy! I kill!

If you no big, you no enforce. I AM BIG! See me, you run! Let's have fun!

You have battle, I come. Long road, I walk. I <3 pain and PHAT LEWT!!!

I fight, always. I <3 battle, I SMASH! I know battle, I fight, you live. You see me, you know me.

I Enforcer.

I make death, and dance with it!

PS: I love doctor, doctor make me feel warm. Doctor love me, I make doctor safe.

trox style <3
    Back on enf!

I'm touched =)

*wipes a tear off his chin*

"I come in all races, all sizes..." <3

Nanobrick, 208 nanomage enfo
    Hurtig 220 trox clan MP Atlantean (dream setup)
    Support the old players ... please FC!
    The Enforcer's prayer read it and live by it

I love it... both versions touched me... i'm not an enfo... but i am an atrox *wipes a tear from his little atrox head*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast