Thread: IP at 220 / doubts about few skills

IP at 220 / doubts about few skills

I just euipped all alpha symbiants on my 220 NM enf.
    I did full IPR just before equiping alphas, maxed all abilities, treatment, run speed, body dev, evade clc, nano resist, 1hb.
    Saved some IP on comp lit and multimelee and raised all nanoskills so I can use all nanos.
    The main role of this enf will be tanking in pvm but from time to time I may go to BS (but I am not going to twink for pvp or use 1hb/1he combo)

Now I have few millions of IP left and few questions about some skills that I have not touched yet.

So here are my questions doubts about some skills (I suspect the answer but I prefer to double check):

1. Brawling (my guess is to max it but not 100% if it is needed for pvm)
    2. Fast attack (same guess as with brawling but even more doubts for pvm, do not remember at what amount recharge is capped)
    3. Nano pool - this is my biggest doubts as all guides (sadly old) say to max it and some people I talk to ingame claim that I should spend ZERO IP and will never run out of nano
    4. Dodge ranged - I know it is needed for pvp/BS but I just wonnder if it is also needed for pure pvm
    5. Duck exp - as far as I know it is only usefull for pvp but I am not 100% if some boss mob is not using it and I would hate to suck at this encounter (if it exists)
    6. First aid - is it worth to max it or should I just have enough to use easily available QL of heal stims?

I can cast all nanos selfbuffed (I have exactly that many nano skills but not maxed) should I leave it like that or should I max them anyway in case of some nanoskill debuffs?

Thank you for any constructive feedback and answers
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

1. If you're wearing at least 1 piece of Strong based armour, IP it enough to hit 2001 Brawl for a longer stun duration. Not doable in eJathos unless you perk Brawler.
    2. IP enough to hit the capped recharge time, 1640 iirc.
    3. With a ND R-Wrist, and capped nanocost, I can easily say I never budge from 100%. If you have capped nanocost or a ND R-Wrist, you can ignore IPing nanopool.
    4. If you're just doing PvM, you can push it to ~60% and you'll be fine.
    5. Same as 4.
    6. If you're PvM, you really don't need it. Only point of IPing First Aid is to stim up your nano, not your HP. The stims really won't help you much in a PvM perspective (apart from perhaps soloing Hezak.)

IP your nanoskills so that you can self cast at least Rage, Layers, iMongo without contracts & composites.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I believe you could IP it all and still have some IP left over.. Or am I wrong..

Playing my 215 Enf atm and IPed 2HE and 1HB. (I switched some time ago and didnt bother to reset it). But I think I have all evades, duck, dodge, NR, Nano init, , Nano pool, melee init, Brawl, 2HE and 1HB maxed. MM only 500 points of IP the rest I buff up with equip and perks if I go back to dual 1HB.
    FA is IP for just 500 points as well. I use the highest RK buyable stims and had to max some Nanoskills for DB stuff.

I still have some IP left I think.

Regarding the Nanoskills some mobs debuff you (e.g. catacomb mobs/ bosses in SL) It can hurt if you forget about it. Perhaps you can post your setup?

GL

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    I believe you could IP it all and still have some IP left over.. Or am I wrong..
    That is correct, I've still got 1.8M IP left over after even maxing Psychology.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

Thank you for your answers and advice.
    Just tanked Xan for the first time ever and I was surprised how well it went.

Here is my planned setup for the lvl 215 toon (almost there ). If I arrange the perks abit I can use either 1HB dual (not intrested in Krush dual but the normal Xan 1HB) or 2HE weapons.

Last hud slot for either an extra 50aad or ACDC and some NCU spots to toy with.

I might make abit higher QL implants (not sure yet).
    But I might have to rethink it because the CS will be OE atm :. Perhaps using abit lesser QL and swap the hand CS for 2 sleeve CS and go 2HE/ CM.
    Missing 5 perks as well so depending on that I switch abit in weaponlines and Colossal Health.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=193725

Your points 1, 3, 4, 5 are fully Maxed and point 2 and 6 are IP for exact 500 points.

This would be some more sense if I go 1HB, CS not OE and a 2sec ND
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=193726
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Dec 19th, 2013 at 15:19:15. Reason: Minor update

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    That is correct, I've still got 1.8M IP left over after even maxing Psychology.
    I was wondering, why Psychology, good for? (planting towers?)
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

Anecdotaly I've found having Psychology maxed helps with agg tools.
    I don't have any empirical evidence besides what I've found it to be like holding agg against various suicide DDers.

Also, it helps with planting towers. And for another reason I maxed it, was that I didn't have free IP on my Trader to raise it enough for QL300 AI Armour, so I used my Enfo to handle that part of the TS process (My Trader has since been IPRd and can do everything easily)

Go to Xan instance and buy some high quality first aid stims. They ARE worth the first aid skill. Expensive, but a 500 point heal increase is very nice.

Max Duck and Dodge.

Max nanopool, when you end up drained of nano (in Alba for example) Or in PvP from trader or shade...it will be nice to still be able to cast mongo, or absorb, or anything at all.

And brawl/fast attack I would also max for the ease of landing vs high evades.

Pretty much it.

Nano skills, make sure you have enough to resist general nano debuffs (-20) and ALSO without org contracts. As if they change (or you loose towers) you will regret not being able to always cast.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

I'm curious, what are you saving the IP for ? You have enough IP to max everything you're asking about, and will still have IP left. (Unless you've already maxed something weird which you are not telling us about )
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

i would up nanopool if i was you and go notum shield use one davols sleeve and skip nano combat if you are mainly pvm , thats atleast what i do on my nm when in pvm setup and it works great ,

up fully up dodge too since more evades is always good.
    up fast attack just enoug to cap the recharge on it.

and i would deffently go for maxed First aid too for better stims it really helps out , or atleast up it so much you can use pretty high qls ,

but you can always look me up ingame if you wanna have a talk about the awesomeness of NM power as enf

/tell likenano
    likenano 220/30/69 NM enf in action Setup
    Thatsthat2 174/24/42 adv ..config
    Rimorsoldier 203/18/52 Soldier
    wannabeback 220/26/70 Keeper
    lizad 165/18/42 NT
    Evacue 150/18/28 Fixer
    Charmebender 200/27/57 Crat

1540 FA caps 1.4 sec weapon, 1380 FA for 1.3sec weap.

Its attack time * 16,
    then 1 second is removed as a bonus.
    then 1 sec every 100 FA
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

On the topic of NM enf, Awi.. how did you get the leg in ? I've gotten everything in except leg now, and waiting with waist for last (since it's str/sta/int and just a rclick away) and I got a +29 agi implant there, did you use BoC/Sigil/BeastHelmet or org contracts or something ? (I have neither of those, got just about everything else though)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    On the topic of NM enf, Awi.. how did you get the leg in ? I've gotten everything in except leg now, and waiting with waist for last (since it's str/sta/int and just a rclick away) and I got a +29 agi implant there, did you use BoC/Sigil/BeastHelmet or org contracts or something ? (I have neither of those, got just about everything else though)
    Apart from Boc I did not use any other Beast armour or Contracts, but I used 6X QL300 3F abilities NCU. I do not even remember leg as beeing hard.

Well,if I had BoC it wouldn't even be a challenge tbh But without... yeah.. challenge... I either need a QL150+ agi and a QL150+ treat contract, or... beasthelmet+sigil or BoC... so.. we'll see how I do it..

Edit: since it's currently agi vs. treatment at this point
    Last edited by Jihnna; Dec 29th, 2013 at 02:06:58.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

What about using Miy's cloak? If it wouldn't be a challenge with BoC, that should at least make it more achievable, no?

Already equipped =) What I previously posted are the only ways to solve it atm.
    The reason BoC solves it = replace 4x abi ncus with infused yutto's= all abilities and treatment covered.
    Sigil+Beasthelmet = can keep the 4 abilities ncu's and just need neuronal stimulator for trickle into last points in treatment, also gets it all covered.
    Ql 150+ agi and Ql 150+ treatment contracts = well, I don't have to go into details here =)
    Last edited by Jihnna; Dec 29th, 2013 at 03:00:34.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Got it done with treat+agi contracts thanks to Pifon that offered to help in Hellcom
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

With my enfo i have max quite a few things i maxed my nr which now in my pvp or bs run times its harder for fixers traders any class for debuffs i see them trying atleast 2-6 times before it will actually land on me. and im atrox enf, with db and ofab armor and a gauntlet pad. my enf is pure pvm but i pvp in its setup for fun. :P