Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 200 doctor stuck as clan, they wont change my side till 14.6? WHY??

Originally posted by Oxo
    good who cares

This is pretty much how i feel about the entire pvp forum.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Unhappy doh

Im real sorry about ur clan incident Aidin. we all miss ya so much buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, i corgan told me she was determined to get ya back, and well.. she did!! GRATS Aidin, wb to omni . and corgan, u got the power to pull off anything u please cya in game! ( I love ya Cor! )

-Tau

Re: I should rename myself to 'Productive Worker'...

Originally posted by OneManArmy

No - the 'policy' was 'unpublished' because the writing on the wall (or rather, in the description of the Sleeves) is clear : "Faction : Clan". The Devs *never* intended for "Faction x" to join the opposing side just so they could wear "Gear y".
    actually, the policy i was referring to was the GMs switching the sides of lvl200 players. had absolutely nothing to do with the sleeves. there was no 'writing on the wall', no nothing. they just changed the policy and left the first lvl200 who wanted switching to find it out and i had the unlucky chance to be that person.

heh, i like yer part about i should have contacted every FC email address i got my hands on... i did that too and recieved zero responses, so i petitioned in-game and got 'sorry cant help u, dunno why' so i posted here on these forums and whether i got supportive or negative responses it still raised the issue enough to the point where they switched me. i fully expected to get flamed by some petty individuals, but i hoped it would raise the attention of some policy makers at FC and it did.

now you can try and blame the immature name-calling and baiting on me having the audacity to post in... *gasp* the AO forums about a *gasp* AO issue all you want. doesnt change the fact this was the place to go with the issue and you couldnt resist making a fool of yourself trying to denigrate my plight. good day.

Aidin, people posting on these boards have for only aim to flame others. Don't expect the troll living on the forums to be constructive...

Most of people posting here just post to flame, troll, or whin.

Its sooo damn irritating when things like that happens and im sorry for you..... BUT!!

It is a bit fun, you will look back on it one day and laugh, like me and a few friends look back on another friends first character here in AO cos that character was sooooooooooooo.... *breathes* Ooooooooooooo... GIMPED!! The one who made her laughs as well The one who made the character is also crap at naming them, so we laugh at all the crappy names as well I guess that really is the true joy of friendship...
    Cauterized - NT parked at current lvl until the NT is fixed
    Mortalstrike - Former pvp twink Soldier - The original one

Best thing about sex is when you lay completely still in bed afterwards feeling all comfy and are counting the money.

well in a way youre right. i had some fun sitting around campaigning alongside a few friends of mine to get switched back... had a little bit of fun doing that(tho mostly just frustration). was easy to see who my good friends were during that time of trial tho =)

They rather changed your side back, which is perfectly alright with me, it sucks to be a clanner, because of your guild.

FC likes to suck up to certain guilds.

Im very sure that if this happened to "Player414" he would not have had his side changed.

That is what sucks in this story.

They should just switch you back, end of story.

Buuuut... hitting 200 "by accident" is only possible if you're EXTREMELY careless. Why the heck did you try to get within 1 xp of 200???

i tried to get within 1 xp because i was scheduled to hit 200 at a little event thrown by a TC member with the help of a GM where we were going to kill some grey creature for lvl200. oops

im back omni now just for those who dont know. im amazed this thread is still getting posts but thnx i suppose =)

The only thing better than your own happiness is someone elses unhappiness...

Sums up some of the posts in this thread dont you think ?
    Cauterized - NT parked at current lvl until the NT is fixed
    Mortalstrike - Former pvp twink Soldier - The original one

Best thing about sex is when you lay completely still in bed afterwards feeling all comfy and are counting the money.

sadly it does seem to sum up a lot of the comments here. ppl i have no idea who they are enjoying my brief misfortune... its sad when someone has to see someone else suffer to make them feel better about their own sad existance.

but whatever, im back to omni and wont ever have to see those people in game so its all okay however if i do see em they better hope its not a political zone =)

Hopefully the gm that changed you back had the common sense to rip the sleeves off your body before doing so (after all they were the cause of your exile)

And as far as getting within 1 exp of 200. You wanted a gm to help you with that??? lol

I did that WITHOUT A GM. And i dinged in a backyard by letting my charmed leet kill another leet!!!

Beat that ding to 200!!!

As for you going clan. Your equipping those sleeves is the very definition of exploit in online games (bypassing game mechanics to gain an advantage over other players)

So i do not feel sorry for you and your plight. I just wish they would tear all the clan only items off Omni and vice versa for clan.

And dont even complain about the "so called" advantage of the khaelar sleeves unless your willing to admit the equally as powerfull augmented OT rings

what? nowhere did i say i wanted a GMs help getting to within 1xp of 200... dunno where you got that idea.

heh nice way to lvl, wish i had some charms =p

while me going clan for sleeves may be your definition of an exploit, thats not a view shared by GMs/FC so guess whose right there? hell they didnt even say it was a bug that was to be corrected until after i had gone clan for sleeves. if you read my posts youd notice i pointed out several times i made sure it wasnt a sploit b4 i did it since i am anti-sploiting. they then changed their point of view to it being a bug(still not a sploit as defined by FC) while i was clan. i wanted GMs to help me back to omni-tek side, nothing more, nothing less. i got that help, and while they didnt take the sleeves off me, i took them off myself because a friend needed them more than i did.

btw i dont think of OT rings as being that powerful but then again maybe thats just cause i have no use for em... honestly dont give a rats behind if theyre usable by clan.

Originally posted by Aidin
    i tried to get within 1 xp because i was scheduled to hit 200 at a little event thrown by a TC member with the help of a GM where we were going to kill some grey creature for lvl200. oops
    Theres where i got the GM gonna help you thing

As for the OT rings. I know quite a few enforcers who were debating going omni because it would allow them to cast Mongo Crush pre 190 (thats 28 levels earlier than they normally could)

I myself could definately use +20 psymod to cast my nanos AT 200!!!

So they are overpowered

But thank goodness funcom considers your equipping of clan only sleeves a bug and will fix it so that they no longer provide benifits if your not clan (per cosmik). So you were infact taking advantage of a bug (aka exploit)

have faction items.. just dont have em to overpowered (not that i even would throw on a Keahlar sleeve on hajki!)

as for ot rings.... heh nuff said. well they might help abit... tho thats just that...
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

he cut the string that held him to his friends...nothing else.

Originally posted by Oberon

But thank goodness funcom considers your equipping of clan only sleeves a bug and will fix it so that they no longer provide benifits if your not clan (per cosmik). So you were infact taking advantage of a bug (aka exploit)
    as their policy stands now yes i was taking advantage of a bug, as it stood when i actually went clan for them it was not. thats all i want to clarify. i never had the intention to be involved in an exploit(quite the contrary) and made positive i wasnt going to be before i went clan.

thats one of the things that cheesed me off about the whole mess, was them switching policy on that issue in the middle of it all.

oh yeah i guess i can see how youd get that from my wording there about the GM. what i meant was it was my understanding the GM was to help execute the planned event. as it was the event never ended up happening as there werent enuff ppl to hit200 on that day

didnt know OT rings were so useful... cool i guess, kinda stinks that only OT can use em. hope they make fredrickson sleeves more useful than they are now, they rather stink unless u need em to buff into equipment... tho by the time u have 601 stamina to put em on do u really need more str/stam? =p

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123