Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harassment

Sorry to say this.. even is you got 20 time right .. you won't get every ******* shot only because you want it.

and the law is only enforced if there is someone to judge and i guess that most gms have other things to fix... than to silence *******s.

Bump... don't let this post die.
    ~*~ Wyldthing
    Director of GridStream Productions
    Bringing the best in Live entertainment to all of Rubi-ka!

Assistant Manger of Reets Retreat in Stret West Bank (RK1)

bumpety bump. Add this issue to the FC/ARK support list...
    "AO is like the ugly duckling, slowly turning into a swan as time goes by."
    Lance Orbin aka Gridfan of GridStream Productions

Re: I agree.

Ah an old realmer you know that game is still running www.realmserver.com 1000 level limit now. bah. My name on the realm was Reign. lol go figure.what was yours?

Originally posted by Thyme
    Ya know I used to play a game online called The Realm.

There was a jail you got sent to when you acted like an ass.
    Im thinking it was much like UO. No talking just sitting in a small room with a rat running around.

You had to serve your time in there. Loggin out didnt effect the lets say 45 mins of sitting in the jail time. GM's would take us there and talk to us as well. Much eaiser to ask someone to stop if they dont have an audience to show off for.

also GAGS .... lord I dont know how many timesI was gagged for an hour or so. Again loggin out during your "shut up" session didnt effect the time you had to serve.

Then the suspensions. If you couldnt be reasoned with,Say bye to your account for a week- second time 2 weeks - third time -Hello Ban.

Simple things helped with the harrassing there alot. I think a few tweaks in AO with perhaps some of those things would make a world of diffrence.

there is my cheap 2 credits.
    /me pinches Wyld on the way out.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Don't let harassment ruin your game! Keep this post alive!
    ~*~ Wyldthing

Its own little joke

Hi,

I am a tall hairy man in the real world.

Kissy is my character on line cos i like following her around

I have been accused of being a gender bending freak!

Now that might have hurt a little if I hadn't been called that by an Atrox!

Hehehehe still makes me chuckle.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

lol
    "AO is like the ugly duckling, slowly turning into a swan as time goes by."
    Lance Orbin aka Gridfan of GridStream Productions

ive been harrassed too, for reasons like not being able to cast certain buffs, such as self cast essence of leviathan at lvl 102, and then the person shouts out that i suck, and i wont help the team at all, and for that day, i wont get a team.

harrasment must become a banable offense if it is commited more than once.

serious bumpage

I'm sorry, but if you're male or atrox in a thong... you're asking for it. I was in 20K and some guys rips off all his armor to throw on a thong and nothing else, and starts dancing all over the place. Everyone around the guy was not happy and started yelling at him. He got the picture and left.

Even I will admit that an Atrox in a thong is not the most pleseant of sights, however it is the players right to wear a thong if s/he wants to, after all it is just a cartoon character wearing a thong, right? Despite how unpleasant the sight might be, it still does not grant people the right to get insultive and harass the atrox's player.
    ~*~ Wyldthing

i can say 1 thing /puke
    if they can go a rund is womens cloats i can puke arund.

hmmm

I dunno if there really is a good way to stop general harassment.
    I know a lot of docs get harrassed for Iron Circle all the time. My husband does, and he can't even cast it yet!

Sexual harassment is something that should be addressed though. My husband started playing a female character. After a day, he deleted her because he got TONS of guys hitting on him and all sorts of stuff.

Then of course, there are the people who don't know what "common curtesy" is.
    "Ph43r me! For I am...Darth Sp00n." --my bot belonging to my main character Ruleth.
    Ruleth: Omni-tek aligned 'crat.
    Releuth: Clan aligned MP. (Ruleth's twin sister.)
    RuthieChan: Omni-tek aligned MA.
    Leetaschan: Omni-tek aligned Adventerer.
    And last but not least; Depravedgirl: The neutral aligned Atrox Enforcer who thinks she's a girl, and speaks in falsetto only.

They don't care about common curtesy because they are safely hiding behind the face of an avatar controling it in the safety of thier own home.

Originally posted by Wyldthing
    Even I will admit that an Atrox in a thong is not the most pleseant of sights, however it is the players right to wear a thong if s/he wants to.....

Other players have the right to voice their onion of what an atrox in a thong looks like to them.

To me a person wearing these items that aren’t meant for atrox or men is harassing me by wearing them and flaunting about in it.

Angry Read this and weep, Funcom doesn't care about harrasment.

When I first started AO I made an omni and a clan character. My first hour as clan on the noobie chat I disagreed with someone without any rudeness or profanity and he started calling me his dog and then saying in very graphic language about basically him forcing me to preform sex acts on him. I was outraged and yet, several ppl in the chat started joining in, telling him to control his dog (me). I didn't know how to use the /ignore and I was so mad, I /petition. Finally I did figure out /ignore and I put those several ppl on the list. Long time later, an ARK comes, here's what happened:

ARK: Is that guy still harrasing you?
    me: No, I figured out how to use /ignore.
    ARK: Okay great! Have a nice day!
    me: No wait! Didn't you read in /petition the things he and others were saying to me over main noobie chat? Why isn't there a swear filter or a moderator?
    ARK: Well, our resources are a little thin.
    (stunned silence)
    ARK: Okay! Have a great day!
    me: WAIT! Aren't you even going to do anything about this? Shouldn't you go talk to that guy and tell him it isn't okay to harrass people that way?
    ARK: Hmmmmm........I guess I could do that....
    (I swear I remember that reply verbatim it shocked me so much that I had to suggest such an obvious thing.)
    me: Okay please do that, because it is unacceptable.
    ARK: Okay! have a great day!

I have to wonder if he ever pursued the matter beyond this point. So there is your answer, that is how harrassment is dealt with by /petition.

On another note, I mentioned the Omni/Clan thing because that made me so mad I quit clan and went Omni, where I have NEVER been treated that way, quite the opposite. And just to test my theory, I made a new clan character a long time later and IT HAPPENED AGAIN. However this time I did not /petition I just rerolled omni.

I used to play Diablo2 on Bnet, and I felt just like I had been transported back there, it was so strange. Anyway, I am not saying that all clanners are foul, I am just saying maybe I am not harsh enough to be a clanner, maybe I do not feel comfortable with their social style, ala bnet.

• Shenhiroko: Martial Artist: RK1-OmniTek: Entropy Dawn Org
    • Codewitch: Nano Technician: RK1-Clan
    Main Profession: Explorer of Rubi-Ka
    Latest News:My NT is dual wielding Leet dolls until I can find Fazeka Crystal...Phear the Leets!

That is the very point I am trying to make Medusa... that sort of harassment happened every day, ever where in the game. The ARK may or may not come, and what do they do? Nothing. They aren't trained to handle that sort of thing and should be. They should be told and/or taught to deal with harassment as a major offense to the game.

How would they like it is someone started calling them their 'female dog'? In fact, how would anyone like that? "Yoz my (female dog)!" Or any number of other deragotory, insulting, belittling, rude, sexist comments that come across the screen?

Do people even realize that when you see a female character ( whether they are a female player or not) and you /tell Hey, do you table dance?... that is harassment?

This behavior that Funcom is allowing to continue by not instructing the GMs and ARKs to actually TAKE ACTION against offenders rather then ignore the incident.

MAKE FUNCOM TAKE ACTION!
    ~*~ Wyldthing

"
    It happens that a friend of mine in game, a male character, enjoys dressing in social clothing of both sexes. Yes I know, there are lots of males and atroxes out there who run around in thongs and tattoos, and I say more power to them... but in the case of my friend I have now witnessed not once, not twice, but three times that people have begun to harass him for the way he dresses... not just the manner of the clothing, but lewd comments about his sexuality and sexual acts. Unfortunately my friend is not a native to the English language, and thus when speaking comes across a bit less intelligent then the person really is... which adds to the harassment my friend receives.
    "

Harrasment sucks and all but im not sure these people who harrased your friend meant anything serious by it, if its roleplay then just see what happens if you go out into the streets in womes clothes (if you are male obviously), youll probabaly get the same harrasment.
    This abuse was probabaly not directed at him as a player but more at his character.

"It happens that a friend of mine in game, a male character, enjoys dressing in social clothing of both sexes. Yes I know, there are lots of males and atroxes out there who run around in thongs and tattoos, and I say more power to them... but in the case of my friend I have now witnessed not once, not twice, but three times that people have begun to harass him for the way he dresses... not just the manner of the clothing, but lewd comments about his sexuality and sexual acts."
    I saw some1 dressed in womens clothing and asked them why they were dressed like it, he said somthing about being social and having two drinks in his hand :/

Also, i've been harrased for swearing, i kidd you not. I swore in the main chan by mistake when it was ment to be a private /tell with a friend. I had up to 15 people msg'ing me complaining. One guy just woudnt let it lie. Its redicilous how you people cant even accept a mistake, he then said i'd been continusly swearing at him to every1 in the main chan and that he was gonna do a /petition against me. I just ended up ignoring him.

"Do people even realize that when you see a female character ( whether they are a female player or not) and you /tell Hey, do you table dance?... that is harassment?"
    Whats wrong with that? The place is usualy full of women saying they will do it for a cetain price.

Angry

Wow Cazza how ignorant of you to say that. ALL WOMEN ARE NOT STRIPPERS. So, we can't go to an ingame club because it means we are easy? for sale? into cybering? ready to be offered a price for our meat without taking any offense (as if we are just meat on a store shelf)?
    THis is a game, a virtual world, but we are REAL PEOPLE. I bet you wouldn't walk up to a girl in a regular bar you maybe are interested in and asking here "how much for a table dance"? Especially if it isn't a strip-club. What the hell makes you think that is okay to do that?

• Shenhiroko: Martial Artist: RK1-OmniTek: Entropy Dawn Org
    • Codewitch: Nano Technician: RK1-Clan
    Main Profession: Explorer of Rubi-Ka
    Latest News:My NT is dual wielding Leet dolls until I can find Fazeka Crystal...Phear the Leets!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12