Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 220 symbs before/at level 180

Quote Originally Posted by Agustino
    What Divineking dosen't get is that some ppl accaly enjoys this just as much as any other part of game...
    Well I guess 22 days of your life waiting to click a button is something you could enjoy... isn't it? ^^
    Proud klingon apprentice of Octopuss. <3

Quote Originally Posted by DivineKing
    Well I guess 22 days of your life waiting to click a button is something you could enjoy... isn't it? ^^
    I think some people have it all wrong as to what perk reseting is all about.
    Is there any reason in the world not to play while you are perk resetting?

At those 22 days I also did the following:
    Got 3m axp, so I am now AI20.
    Got 750 tokens, so I am now ready for my 1750 board.
    Earned about 300m from tradeskilling and selling stuff.
    Helped my guild doing numerous raids and tradekills.

I was only really gimped for 2 days when the actual equipiing was done. And right afterwards I stated playing again.

Anyway, enough with this. I would like to ask DK and Silverado a personal favor. We all understand your opinion. I honor and respect it, like I sepect any opinion. However, there are are some people who enjoy and appreciate these things, and for them I post my adventures in twinkland. But rather than this thread being a place where it could be discussed it becomes a thread about eating cheetos. Can we stop this please? You think something is futile and unimportant? go on and read the next thread.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Don't listen to them muha. What you're doing is a far greater accomplishment then for example twinking slayer on a lvl 60.

People who see levelling as an accomplishment clearly don't know this game anyway. (attempt at insulting people without getting moderated)

As long as you are able to enjoy the rest of the game while twinking, you are getting the most out of the experience. I wish I was wise enough to play the game your way on one of my first char.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin
    People who see levelling as an accomplishment clearly don't know this game anyway.
    Funny coming from a grinder that has a few chars of lvl 220

Anyways muha, i didnt mean to upset you with my comments, like i said good for you. I don't share your sense of "accomplishment" but i'll respect what you did, as long as you had fun doing it

After all, i too enjoy eating cheetos
    Silverado: L220 Omni Engineer (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverado's Little DD Guide for Engineers

Silverino: L213 Omni Soldier (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverino's How to Equip a QL300 KMP5 for Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado
    Funny coming from a grinder that has a few chars of lvl 220
    I never claimed that my levelling was particularly hard. I've played most of the game on my earlier chars, and these days I feel like I'm reading a book for the thirtieth time if I try lowlevel content. So, I made a char and got it to 220 in an effective way because highlevel play is the only part that appeals to me.

It is impossible to gain levels after 200 from anything that is slightly entertaining, so if you want to get to 220, simpsons+sk=win.

Oh, so it's ok when you grind it up because you like high end content but when other people do it they "dont know anything about this game"?

Nice
    Equipment - Screenshot

Equipment - Screenshot

Guys, continue please
    /me grabs beer and popcorn
    Boltmaster 212/14 Opifex Engineer
    Equip

Roix 210/14 Opifex Agent
    Equip

HUGE, inc.
    Rimor, Omni.

People do not kill people. Lag does.

I never claimed it wasn't an accomplishment (it is). I'm just curious about the purpose behind it. If you can go solo some uber mob or do something that you otherwise coudn't sure, but I fail to see what that would be. I'm rather new to AO, but twinking I associate with the level locks of PvP (and PvM in some cases). At 180 there are no more such locks, meaning that it seems a lot of effort has been spent just to feal good about it.

Like I've said before, you've aquired a (arguably) powerful tool. Do you have a task for this new tool or is just the aquiring of the tool itself? Seems like the latter to me. Obviously I'm not one of the people who thinks "it's not the end goal, it's getting there" (or whatever the expression is, english isn't my first language).
    Also, I have the right to voice my opinion, and my opinion is that it's a lot of effort for basically nothing.

Actually all this got me to thinking, what DID I get out of this exercise. I mean, in numbers. The fact that I didn't know already proves that I did this mainly for the the challenge itself. However, there were some side benefits.
    Of course I could have gotten all this much easier by leveling blah blah, but this just isn't my way of playing, for good or bad.

Abilties: 8 Str, 9 Agi, 3 Sta, 4 Int, 5 Sen, 3 Psy, 61 Health - nothing big
    Misc: 9 NCU, -1 Nano cost, 1 Nano range, 26 AllDef - All are nice
    Ranged: 24 Pistol, 7 Fling, 15 MR - I like those
    Speed: 15 Evades, 26 RS, 15 NR
    Tradeskills: 7 ME, 9 EE, 7 QfT, 14 WS, 7 Pharm, 11 Chem, 7 NP, 10 CL, 11 Psyc, 14 Tuto
    Nano: 4 MM/BM, 11 PM/MC, 8 TS, 3 SI, 6 FA, 7 Treat
    Other: 6 B&E, 9 Heal Delta, 12 Nano Delta, 1 Skill Lock

So bottom line, no I don't think this made me exceptionally uberer than I was. It did make me what I believe to be the best for this level.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

Well, sure its an accomplishment. But really I mean, why bother with it, there are FAR more challengeing stuff to do. Earning 3m aixp, tradeskilling, mm so on, you ever heard of '220' ? Thats the time when you really perk reset imo, why stop at some bs level to get some useless symbs wich you could equip 10 levels later by spending 22 days in perk reset, whielst in perk reset looseing abilites to other stuff (talking about reseting pet perks , bio shielding mm so on) I did alot of perk reseting myself, but I didn't do it before 220, all I wanted was to get rid of leveling, cuz I hated it. But it has to be done.
    When it comes to challenge, try the 270-280-290 symbs, its far more greater then the early ones.. sheesh ;p
    Proud klingon apprentice of Octopuss. <3

First of all, I send you my respect and congratulations Muha. You are indeed insane :P

Other than this, I think it's weird that people suggests lvling instead of twinking.
    Twinking > lvling, just like uber > gimp.
    Sure lvl and equip, but that's easy. Besides, it's not much fun being one of those lvl 190+ enfs walking around in ****ty T1 armor

Quote Originally Posted by nimarq
    ...You are indeed insane :P...
    To that I agree wholeheartedly

..... Besides, it's not much fun being one of those lvl 190+ enfs walking around in ****ty T1 armor
    Funny that you said that, I just had an encounter with a 190ish atrox enfo in T1 at pen hard mish. No CS, no FI, luckily he had behe, cause I've seen some who don't.

When he said "I don't know why my mongos don't work" I told him mine work for sure, cause agro kept turning to me. I also trippled or quadrupled his damage.

Not saying that this is neccasarily related to the present company, which I'm sure are all using the best equipment and nanos possible at their level, just that the wrong conception that "leveling is good" brings you to some absurd situations.

True, but you need a balance. All that's left of your twinking will be a memory once you level and at 180 there really isn't a reason to hold back. Well, that's my opinion anyway.

I'll admit that the levelling crowd are actually partly right. Lvl 1-150ish there are a lot of things to do and places to go, so one can play the game and level interchangeably. 150-205 is a period where you can do some if you chose to, but options become more limited. At 205 you will usually be doing the same things you will do at 220, the main difference is how effectively you are able to do it.

Twinking, and even uber-twinking which takes a while, makes sense to people who want to play the game to the fullest between 1-205. Few would chose to spend more then a day at twinking between 205 and 220 though, unless they decide to stop sk'ing (boring boring boring) and stay at their level for a long time.

Twinking at lower level has a benefit of going the path that only few choose. Twinking at 220 is a common practice. Twinking at 170 or 180 gives you a chance to shine when people don't expect it.

Also if people know that you're good, they might invite you to an alien raid even before checking LFT. The level of aliens on ship seems to depend on the level of all team members. The more people in the team perform exceptionally well for their level, the better chances there are that the raid will be successful.

I was once in a raid with Muhandes. People were like "Holy crap! Muhandes, how the hell did you get so many alien kills?" This alone is reward enough imo. If they see that she performs better than others too, they'll be impressed even more (and most likely will invite her again too).

Btw. what is the best level range to farm AXP? Higher level aliens give more AXP pro kill, but what's about AXP/time? (Considering not only the time you need to kill these aliens, but also the chances to get invite from a random org; say for an Engie or MP)

P.S.
    In this one raid when I teamed with Muhandes my own performence was... not the best *cough*. I think I wasn't even looking for a raid (was in process of twinking into better pistols), they just picked me and I didn't want refuse.

Usually farming aliens gets tough once you get to 175-180+ and will be so untill 205+ I s'pose. 240+ admirals makes life hard, even with 2 CHing docs. Farming at low lvls is insanely easy, at lvl 100-130 you can take down an admiral in 2 Full Autos, at 150 it's still damn easy. So unless youre going for high lvls you should try to cap axp at 140-150, which will require more than a few thousand.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGovernment
    True, but you need a balance. All that's left of your twinking will be a memory once you level and at 180 there really isn't a reason to hold back. Well, that's my opinion anyway.
    It's more about what you find amusing than about finding a balance, imo. For instance, I practically never lvl compared to how much time I spend online. I'm having more fun chatting and twinking, and earning creds for twinking :P, than I have when I lvl. Imo, lvling is just a tool required to retwink. The way I see it, rather low lvl and ubah than high lvl and gimp. Take a look in ado/pen gardens and you'll see what I mean.

Usually farming aliens gets tough once you get to 175-180+ and will be so untill 205+ I s'pose....
    Quoting from the original quesiton:

Quote Originally Posted by Cthonian
    Btw. what is the best level range to farm AXP? Higher level aliens give more AXP pro kill, but what's about AXP/time? (Considering not only the time you need to kill these aliens, but also the chances to get invite from a random org; say for an Engie or MP)
    So as you can see the question is about farming AXP, not phatz. This has nothing to do with how easy it is to kill the Admiral, and everything to do with how easy it is to arrange a team or get invited to one. My experience is that it is rather easy to find/arrange raids around 150-170 and over 200. It is almost impossible at 185ish as most people don't tend to stay there for long.

True, my bad. I just assume aliumz = phatz

I still think twinking at that level is pretty pointless, since you can self cast all your nanos just as fine with QL180 symbs, which are basicly self equipable at lvl 170

But yeah we all know you only did it just for the hell of it
    Equipment - Screenshot

Equipment - Screenshot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast