Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why gank? This is why:

Why gank? This is why:

I just recently made a LvL 13 Atrox Trader to duel, mainly because I haven't PvP'ed since I was LvL 30 w/ my Agent. I spent about 30 hours making him, Tokens, leveling, NCU, Implants, Armor, Weapons, etc. After long hours of hard work trying to build the perfect low level dueler, I was finally done. So I ran on over to the Tir Arena to test out my new character for the first time. It was semi-crowded, I looked around for some people in my PvP range (9-18) and saw three people: a LvL 10, LvL 15, LvL 18. The LvL 10 looked like a newbie, not prepared to duel, I could tell the other two were "twinked." The 15 was a Freshman, the 18 was untitled like me; knowing that I couldn't gain any PvP credit vs. the Freshman, I challenged the 18.

/tell LvL 18 hey, want a self-buffed duel?

No response, I waited for a minute...

/tell LvL 18 wanna duel?
    [LvL 18]: shut up

I didn't feel like messing with that attitude, and all I really wanted was to test my character, so:

/tell LvL 15 Duel?
    [LvL 15]: no thanks
    /tell LvL 15 why not
    [LvL 15]: i said i dont want to duel you

Great, I've barely introduced this character to the public and already no one will duel me. I sat around for about 10 minutes, waiting for someone else to come along. No one came, and the three people in my range were still just camping in the 75% zone. So I re-buffed and made my way to the Omni-Ent. Arena.

(In Tir most people stay in the 75% and walk into the 0% zone to start combat (once a duel has been agreed upon), then walk back to 75%. In Omni-Ent most people just hang out in the fenced-in 0% zone, and agree to duels in there.)

There were two people in my PvP range inside the Omni Arena, I asked them both to duel, and both of them declined, and neither of them were fighting or about to fight. All I wanted was to test my character and five people have already refused to duel me. I didn't spend 30 hours on this character to observe other people duel, so what did I do? I attacked one of them. He fought back, with debuffs and all, he didn't even try to run. I killed him rather quickly. He came back two minutes later shouting that I was a ganker, not to duel me, blah blah blah.

Anyways, the reason I made this thread was to explain why some people gank. Flame me, praise me, do whatever you want. But if you're in a 0% zone remember, "This is mayhem."
    Last edited by Veev; Aug 4th, 2002 at 03:39:18.

As a Grid Armor fixer i have gotten so many duel refusals, and you've gotten 3 and you decide to gank? if people dont want to fight you then let em be. Your excuse for ganking is that you have a short temper and no patience. 30 hours or 1 minute, it was your decision to use your time, not theirs. Grow up.

And what about the people at omni-ent arena? Were they twinked?

So thank you for this reason, you have only given me more proof that arena gankers are damned losers.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Hmm, I don't do much PvP but from reading all the whines in these forums it seems traders are like PvP Gods so maybe that's why nobody wanted to duel you.
    Try to make an NT, at least the few times I've been to arena I was getting asked for duel pretty fast

Low level twink pvp is about ganking.. everyone does it and it can be quite fun when you gank some guy whos sitting in the arena, and 2 or 3 more people join in and attack you or him heh.

Its not like you lose anything, theres not even resshock at that level... and dont tell me about title because it doesnt mean anything and is easy to get
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

Well in my opoinon

well i'm a newbie, so bear with me, but from where i see it, if you in the fight zone, then your auto asking for the fight to start, you see, if people don;t want to be fighting, stay out side the fight area, if your in the arena, then your fair game, regardless. well anywho thats my opoinon on the matter
    The Homo Solitus Engineer Bard Himself - Aldarok

Gravity is a hard mistress - the tick

Life is a joke, Laugh at it. - me

Such Heroic Nonsense. - Megatron from Transformers the movie

WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION NUMB NUTS! - The drill sargent from Full metal jacket

Originally posted by Stromm
    ...so many duel refusals, and you've gotten 3 and you...

...if people dont want to fight you then let em be.
    This is mayhem.

...you have a short temper and no patience.
    Neither, I merely wanted to fight, it's not that I was impatient, it's just that NO ONE wants to duel me it seems.

...people at omni-ent arena? Were they twinked?
    Somewhat.

Maybe you shouldn't have choosen the main combat class (trader).
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Stromm
    As a Grid Armor fixer i have gotten so many duel refusals, and you've gotten 3 and you decide to gank? if people dont want to fight you then let em be. Your excuse for ganking is that you have a short temper and no patience. 30 hours or 1 minute, it was your decision to use your time, not theirs. Grow up.

And what about the people at omni-ent arena? Were they twinked?

So thank you for this reason, you have only given me more proof that arena gankers are damned losers.
    stromm is da man! I dueled him! w00t good fights btw man
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

A person in 0% zone that doesn't want to fight...

how would that work in pvm?

Walk into mission..."Hi mr Enforcer mob, I don't want to duel u. I plan to just walk in here, and find the item, tyvm."

Tip: If u don't want to fight, stay out of the F****** mayhem zone.

Btw, I logged on for a short while a few days back, just to get my fixer the new grid. So, I was running from place to place. Funniest part was the omni adventurer, 80 levels over me, camping the npc in MMD. Lol, he fast attacked me for 138. I was contemplating switching chars and killing him, but I was on a 10 min time schedule. I just zoned and went back, this time I knew where the mob was atleast, lol. Now, I could have cried "I don't want to fight, leave me be, evil omni person!", but I know that if I enter a fight zone, I better be ready to either fight or flee. And since that char was a fixer...hehe...yeah...better believe it!

You should have picked a non-combat class.. like Enforcer! =D

Originally posted by 0z
    You should have picked a non-combat class.. like Enforcer! =D
    A killed an agent in less than 5s, twice, with my enforcer, level 100'ish.

Flurry, rage...insta cast debuffs...fast runspeed, extreme init.

Ofcourse, it was in arena.

Wanna know how you're about to get ganked?

Someone says YES to a duel with you....

Hours in mmd/2h0 and random ganking trips through the omni arena are about the only way you'll find fights. Upside is you have free-time to make taunting macro's to shout to all the people running away from you.

Lol guys try to pvp as a doc....

It only takes one debuff to make people run in phear to the bunker....

And Arena is just waste of time everyoen knows they cant stand a chance.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Veev

This is mayhem.

Neither, I merely wanted to fight, it's not that I was impatient, it's just that NO ONE wants to duel me it seems.

Somewhat.
    only 5? yes it is you are impatient, and as someone pointed out above people don't like dueling traders because of their debuffs.

"This is mayhem?" If so, why did you even ask people for duels in the first place? Another common ganker excuse.

"Neither, I merely wanted to fight, it's not that I was impatient, it's just that NO ONE wants to duel me it seems."

I will say it again. You chose to waste 30 hours of your time, NOT them! Mayhem or not the arena is for duels you want to gank go to mmd or 2ho (or when you level up, whenever that is). If someone does not want to duel you and you go and fight them anyways thats called having a short temper, AND being an *******.

Thank you again, the more you speak the more stupid you are sounding!
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."

"knowing that I couldn't gain any PvP credit vs. the Freshman"

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why titles need to be removed from AO.

Originally posted by Megabio
    Maybe you shouldn't have choosen the main combat class (trader).
    ~Chris
    LOL- not anymore, we can still be decent, but not the MAIN pvp class.

Originally posted by illphil

LOL- not anymore, we can still be decent, but not the MAIN pvp class.
    BWAHAHAHAHA no class can beat you and you know it. As an MA, I only have a chance if I had get off my shen before you debuff me enough to the point where it's useless. Any other class is just cannon fodder.

And being on the receiving end of many of Veev's ganks back in Tir in November of last year, I know that he is basically a whiney person, and stuck up to boot. It's just his style to go do something like that. Some people are asses and refuse to admit it, unfortunately. Go to AA (asses anonymous) and just say "I am Veev and I am an ass." I think that would help. Oh well I can kick his teeth out the back of his head now so it doesn't really matter to me

P.S. I like how he was SO sure he was right and had a relevant issue to discuss that he started this thread to speak for his "people." They nominated him because he is apparently the only literate one.
    Last edited by Intenseheat; Aug 4th, 2002 at 01:12:10.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

If you are in an arena, that means you want to fight. If you don't want to fight, go kill some monsters or something.

Post combat classes

Main combat class # 1 is DOC
    Maim combat class #2 is TRADER

--------------------
    Littletza, President of Shadow Ops
    191 soldier
    RK2

PS. Reason why ppl gank is that they can't find anyone to fight 'em - or get to the lvl where you can't kill anyone your lvl before they zone..... 'nuff said

main combat class is enforcer period !!

doc can't do enough damage before he runs outta nano (self buff)

trader just die to fast now with healing nerf can't even heal them self now

or a grid armor fixer maybe now be unstopable
    Elitemedic Rimor Doctor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast