Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRRK: Nanomage fanatics strike again

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Nanomage fanatics strike again

Nanomage fanatics strike again
    November 19, 29479 - Aaryl Stark

Old Athen was the site of the newest attack by the Nanomage menace in town.

The military gang warped into Old Athen intending on hitting their mark, but they were identified by local clansmen and confronted before they got to their target. A battle broke out and the gang was quickly eliminated. Just when it seemed that things were going to settle down, a second wave of the melee wielding gang members returned and attacked a patrol of Vanguards that were in the area. This time they were victorious.

It is still unknown if the Vanguards were the original target, or for what purpose the hit was made. There were no words spoken by the intruders that would give any indication of why they were there or what their purpose was other than the assassination of the Vanguards. One thing is certain, they don't seem to care if a person is Omni or Clan. As previously stated, the first target was a lower level Omni Administrator, and now the clan Vanguards.

Many local Clansmen had heard about the attacks. Randal "Soullen" Leotras said he had been investigating the incident too, but as of yet he had no solid leads. Others were trying to link the Nanomage Liberation Front to the attacks. But one clansman, Glorious "Nekrid" Strategist stated, "I saw it, such a brutal attack. (They) attacked the Vanguards with an anger I've yet to see in someone before. So vicious, so evil." The names that he gave have been turned over to the authorities for further investigation.

It is asked that anyone with any information on either of the attacks to please contact the authorities with the details they may have. Authorities are also asking that any sightings of the gang be reported immediately.
    Last edited by Editor: IRRK; Nov 20th, 2005 at 04:06:32.

Wink

There we go - proof that clans aren't to blame for the Omni-Ent attacks.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Or they are clanners and this was a ruse...

Or indeed, they could be Omni, and the murder of an unimportant Admin was misdirection.

Who is to say?
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

melee wielding nanomages? suicide attack for sure.

Suicide is so hard to do on this world. Who knows, maybe they are neutral or heck, maybe they are undercontract from the Dust Brigade
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

These are very serious actions. They are clearly not NLF members. It is also clear that they are using the guise of being Neutral to stage attacks that could possibly lead to increased scrutiny of neutrals in general. It is clear that their base of operation appears to be out of a housing unit in the back section of Jobe Harbour. It is clear that they mean business and have specific targets and thus a clear purpose and doctrine.

It is not clear if they are simply agents working for someone greater. Their targets suggest they may be a covert Omni force, possibly a new division instituted on CEO Zora's arrival. Then again, perhaps they are also the ones responsible for the Ross situation.

All of this is conjecture. Until they present a formal statement or announcement, it will be just that, conjecture.

From my knowlage as a Omni-Pol affiliate... Theys men and women but terrorists all the same are in no way a working for Omni-Tek They apear to be a radical Nuetral group. If you see them ANYWHER Shoot on site.
    TFK RULES o.O

Stirring the pot, just because...

Lets see...

Tempus Coma, the NLF and now this new group. Doesn't seem very neutral to be doing things like this. Frankly, i'm appalled and shocked that the "peaceful" neutrals are staging more frequent attacks and still calling themselves neutrals. Clan radicals we know about, Omni Radicals, we know about. Neutral radicals, we know little about until they strike.

Omni-Tek should begin policing their flock a little better.

Jobe Harbour? Perhaps the factions residing in the shadowlands have once again decided to actively try their hand at manipulating events on Rubi-Ka and elsewhere. We can't expect them to remain blind to the world outside of the Shadowlands forever, now can we?

Nanomage menace ... arks have a mean sense of humor ...
    U have to enjoy the fight to be really good.
    Devil Artemisv Hellcaster (retired)
    Warconfig
    usual PVMConfig
    Nosferatu Erinyes Alucard
    Devil Zyankali Advocate
    Yamaeda: Three Cyberdecks for the Opifex-kings under the sky, Seven for the Atrox-lords in their halls of notum, Nine for Nanomage doomed to die, One for the Dark Lady on her dark throne In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live. One Cyberdeck to rule them all, One Deck to find them, One Deck to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live.

"GM Santaki: If you are worried about being banned you should email support and explain that you are not involved in any exploiting. "

Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisV
    Nanomage menace ... arks have a mean sense of humor ...
    The events branch of ARK don't just pull random stories and stuff outta the air, they make it fit into the storyline. How? Well, Lost Eden's a factor, and I suppose it'll all intertwine in the coming months when more events arise...

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Nuetral people in Rubi-Ka dosent mean they are as the term means "Non Combatints" they are just neither Omni-Tek nor Clans they are ther own people with ther own goals and motivations... these terroists could be just like the Dust Brigade Just a enamy to all... They seem to hate all breeds except for the people in ther "legion" or what ever they call them selfs... Kind of like NLF but this group of terrorists seem to be much more equiped and oragnized then NLF.(from what i can tell... i play Rimor mostly and we dont have NLF much over ther) So pretty much what im trying to say is this isint just some splinter cell of one of the factions or some one acting under disguise...i belive on Rubi-Ka we now have a new enamy of the public
    TFK RULES o.O

Hehe, more wild guessing, huh?

We already have Omnis attacking Clans and Neuts, we have Clans attacking Omnis and Neuts and we have Neuts attacking Omnis and Clans.
    Now we also have some weirdo splinter groups claiming to fight for this that or the other "good cause" (and they may indeed be good causes) and then we have a small invasion by aliens..
    Who's attacking who under what guise is somewhat difficult to discern without apprehending the culprits.
    Even public statements are not to be believed 100% - attention in the media is and has always been the main objective of terorists and indeed other groups, all for their own reasons.

If anyone needs more material for conspiracy theories they're not fully awake.. in fact, they're quite unconcious.. But just to be nice to them and give them something to play with:
    These terrorists kill a low-level omni administrator but they kill (someo of) the guards keeping a whole city safe. Not exactly targets of the same importance to the big picture..
    (Discounting both the omni admin's area of expertise and the people suffering from the loss of loved ones, of course, and especially the latter is no small matter..)
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jokzer
    Hehe, more wild guessing, huh?

We already have Omnis attacking Clans and Neuts, we have Clans attacking Omnis and Neuts and we have Neuts attacking Omnis and Clans.
    Now we also have some weirdo splinter groups claiming to fight for this that or the other "good cause" (and they may indeed be good causes) and then we have a small invasion by aliens..
    There is no greater war than the one against soliti and opifex. Faction is not what matters. Atroxs and nanomages, no matter of what faction, will always be considered family to the NLF. Those shall not fear, unless they stand in the way of victory and force those, who want true freedom, to resort to self defense.

So to all soliti and opifex who may or may not read this. Fear the time to come, for we shall wipe you out like vermin.
    Nanomages and atroxs.....come together and fight the true evil of this world.

TILL ALL ARE FREE!!.....TILL KA IS OURS!!!

~Prime Minister Nuser, NLF

Solitus and Opifex is the only war eh?... Stims ... lay off the stims... Ther BIG war here is against the Aliens...not opifex and solitus Versus nanomage and atrox...its not clan versus omni-tek...its Rubi-Ka versus Aliens...but yet we continue to fight these meaningless wars..... why is this? im not pointing fingers at anyone and if i was id need a extra hand to point at my self for i am as guilty as anyone...
    TFK RULES o.O

Quote Originally Posted by fozuton
    Solitus and Opifex is the only war eh?... Stims ... lay off the stims... Ther BIG war here is against the Aliens...not opifex and solitus Versus nanomage and atrox...its not clan versus omni-tek...its Rubi-Ka versus Aliens...but yet we continue to fight these meaningless wars..... why is this? im not pointing fingers at anyone and if i was id need a extra hand to point at my self for i am as guilty as anyone...
    Fozuton here brings a very good point.

So what if we're clan, omni, neutral, nanomage, a doctor, a bureaucrat, an enforcer, a member of Omni-Pol, etc.?

We need to focus on the main threat (aliens) else any victory you or we win becomes nill when these 'beings" start slaughtering people left and right. They don't care about side or occupation; we shouldn't either.

Yep. The aliens don't care about breed, alleigance, anything except how quickly they can kill us.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuser_
    There is no greater war than the one against soliti and opifex.
    You seem to have forgoten that we Opifex were geneticly engineered as well
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Idoru
    anything except how quickly they can kill us.
    Hehe, must drive them nuts that we keep coming back.
    Cool by me, someone loosing their temper in battle are a lot easier to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    You seem to have forgoten that we Opifex were geneticly engineered as well
    Indeed. Not that I mind, he apparantly includes us 'Troxes in his "no-hit list" because he thinks we can't go off-planet for any length of time..
    *Looks at his recently acquired ticket, then puts it out of sight again with a crooked smile*

In fact Solis are geneered as well, just not as heavily as the rest of us.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Well 2 days ago i was at 10-3 outpost and saw a Martial Arist clanner (lvl100 NPC) took out at least 20 omni guards and killed my team and anyone else trying to help. Could it be related? Hmm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast