Thread: After latest mission fixes...

After latest mission fixes...

Three things to fix Funcom:

1. Not sure how many of us want clothing as mission reward...but I doubt it's very many.
    2. Nice to have closer missions but can you add some distance VARIETY? Sometimes I like to take the farther missions. Variety please!
    3. Please don't create 5 missions all to the same zone...again Variety please? In fact don't offer even two missions to same zone with any one request for missions.

Thank you...

I have to agree, variety is the key here. I don't mind not having direct control over distance, though it would be nice, but at least give more variety based on level.

I prefer more distant missions when I'm with a group that has vehicles, especially if everyone I'm with has yalmahas, which does happen sometimes. But when we have some people on foot in the team, I want closer missions, for the obvious reasons.

Dai-Galean told me that they beefed up the rewards on the closer missions a bit. So you actually get more money by doing closer missions. If that is true I don't have a problem with not getting missions far away.
    ~Lone

1. Not sure how many of us want clothing as mission reward...but I doubt it's very many.
    I sure as hell do. Clothing is damn expensive, and rare things like visors go for a bit of cash.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

Half of my rewards have been clothing...random pieces most of which

Originally posted by Xombie

I sure as hell do. Clothing is damn expensive, and rare things like visors go for a bit of cash.
    I can't use. They also don't sell for squat.

you can buy visors now at some shop for cheap. I agree the clothing issue for a reward does pop up more than i would like to see .

Here are some nice other undocumented changes. Intentional or Bug? You decide.

I am Omni. When I go to Newland to get missions, I only get 2 missions to choose from instead of 5. I do not have to pay for the missions to be generated. I get only Find Item missions, regardless of the slider settings.

Now it is possible this could be intended as I am not a Neutral and the Newland terminals are but it sure would be nice for such things to be DETAILED when the releases are made.
    Pablo Extreme

Agreed

I'd also prefer some variety - best thing and high on my wish list is a distance slider - the farther away the more money you get.
    I like to go to MMD and then be able to get missions to Clon**** for around 30 - 40k, this is not possible anymore. I'm not really complaining, most people wanted closer missions and this is what they got, but still - a bit variety would be great.

Agreed.

When I have the time (2 hours or more) to play I could take a far away mission if the reward was right. But if I only have an hour or so I need to be able to get a close mission. That said I dont know if a missin at lvl 47 is even worth it for 2-5k. I spend that in ammo and heal packs easy.

Out of 5 missions 2 should be very close...1 should not be to close but at least a zone or 2 away. 2 should be out there but also pay very well.

We cant really b!tch too much....I mean they did just what we asked them to do.
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

No, they didn't do EXACTLY what we asked them to...

Originally posted by ZenBeck

We cant really b!tch too much....I mean they did just what we asked them to do.
    We asked for closer missions. We did NOT ask for ALL the missions to be closer.

I'd have to surmise that they do NOT play their own game...at least not with regular characters of varrying levels and classes.

Until they get a clue we can't possibly b!tch TOO much.

We asked for closer missions. We did NOT ask for ALL the missions to be closer.

I'd have to surmise that they do NOT play their own game...at least not with regular characters of varrying levels and classes.
    People complained loud and long about missions being too far away.

Or maybe implementing random mission distance is a bit tougher than typing up a 30 second reply on a forum accusing them of not playing their own game.

I think a mission distance slider is a soloution that would make everyone happy.

Lightbulb hehe..

Yes, that has to be it.
    That randomizer is probably damn hard to implement.

Originally posted by Kubrick
    Dai-Galean told me that they beefed up the rewards on the closer missions a bit. So you actually get more money by doing closer missions. If that is true I don't have a problem with not getting missions far away.
    I went all over Omni territories looking for missions and testing their pay-rate.

The highest paying 50% mission(s) I found was from Broken Shores, as usual, and I can't quite say if it's "closer" than it was before. I get sent to 4-holes continuously for around 18k. That's 2-3k less than what I got previously for Lush Fields/Mutant Domain -- those locations will only turn up from Omni Trade or Lush Fields itself, for less than 8k! Bleh!

Andromeda seems to pay LESS than 4-Holes. Weird. FYI, I was doing this with a level 47 character.

Since I can't do the broken bad/money "describe item" missions, I have to do stealth/money "radar" missions, which pay less but at least they work.

Not noticing better reward items. Money is less.