Thread: Cloaking Device Bug

Cloaking Device Bug

If I'm wearing a Cloaking Device, no player character can see me. (OK, the few with really high perception can, but you know what I mean.) But I just found out yesterday even Epicine can tell I'm there, alright. Why?

Because the damage I take from it gets announced in vicinity chat. For almost as far as if I was shouting!

Excuse me, but for role-playing reasons (stakeouts, etc.) I want to be able to use a Cloaking Device to shadow other players, and so on. Not much chance of that, is there? Similarly, I wouldn't mind being able to use it to hide in PvP areas, only taking it off if the opponents looked survivable. Wouldn't do much good, would it? Heck, not only does it announce that there's a cloaked person, it announces their name, so everybody in the area can "/tell helpbot whois" and find out who it is, what level they are, and so on.

If you can't switch that message to self-only, then take it out of the game. As little damage as it is, I don't need it spammed to me every few seconds, anyway - I know it's there, and I can see my health bar just fine, thank you. (Besides, I'd know how much I was taking anyway; I typically have a long HoT up during.)

I know I'm asking for a lot here, but can I get some kind of a response from Funcom out of this, ASAP? Here, I'll give you a form letter, please pick one. Thanks!

[ ] Yes, every player character within 40 meters is supposed to know that someone is using a Cloaking Device. We have no plans to change this at this time.

[ ] Valid point, we'll put it in the list. No firm date for when it will be fixed, though.

[ ] Valid point. I talked to the developers, and it looks pretty easy; we'll try to get it into 14.6.

[ ] We have no plans to address this at this time.
    Main Character: Tir County Sheriff Brad InfamousBrad Bradley, TCSD.
    Proud to be a Clansman since October 29475.
    Alternate characters? Yeah right, like I'm going to tell you.

Ive also had this problem, its stupid that the spam is there at all, really. I was in rompa the other day with it on, and everyone was yelling at me for spamming... so crappy and it doesnt even make logical sense.. the one I have does less damage than my NATURAL HEALING repairs! There is no reason in the world why I should have to see that in the chat!
    Level 220 16 Philip "Phil" Proteus, Engineer Equipment

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    bump
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

This is why I don't use my cloaking device....

if it was fixed I may actually consider using the damn thing!

BUMP