Thread: Science Symposium - log

Science Symposium - log

[ Here are the log for the Science Symposium event. Many thanks to Virta, Drgadget, Vixentrox, Humming, Vincentprice, Bogosorter and Millgram for their presentations, Minage for chairing the event and the Arks Sakkamoto, Hettei and Dante Karall for joining in the fun! ]

#0 Introduction

Minage: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 3rd annual Isaac Asimov Science Symposium, sponsored by Rubi-ka Universal Robots
    Virta: claps
    Dontgetit: claps
    Minage: A special welcome to Mr. Sakkamoto, director of Omni-Engineering, as well... it's an honor
    Vixentrox: claps politely
    Telperion: claps
    Minage: Today we'll be hearing from some of the greatest thinkers and tinkerers on Rubi-Ka about their findings over the last year
    Dontgetit: snickers
    Minage: On the schedule, i'm seeing... Virta, Drgadget, Humming, Vixentrox, Millgram, and Bogosorter... quite a turnout
    Virta: swallows
    Minage: If anyone in the audience would like to present a short speech, please let me know privately and I'll pencil you in as time permits
    Minage: Please keep your presentations to 5-10 minutes, and leave room for questions from the audience if possible
    Minage: And of course, science isn't science without alcohol, so let Dabblez or myself know if you're running dry
    Minage: So... might as well get to it then. First up, please welcome General Virta of Omni-Pol
    Dabblez: claps
    Virta: jumps up
    Millgram: claps
    Virta: straightens his tie and nods to Mr Sakkamoto
    Thunderslap: slautes
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

#1. Virta

Virta: Good evening fellow scientists. I am General Hendrix from Omni-Pol.
    Virta: In my work, I deal with human behaviour, when it is at its most unpleasant form. Murder, ****, armed assault, burglary, traffic offense and theft to be precise.
    Virta: In certain parts of this planet paranoia and fear are natural states of mind.
    Virta: You develop a vigilance and alertness that makes you sensitive to who is around you, their moods, their actions.
    Virta: One needs something to trust on.
    Virta: smiles happily
    Virta: My study is called 'Fifty-two Point Fifty-five Kilometers of Wall Surrounding Omni-1 Entertainment'.
    Virta: The wall is 52.55km in length, 7 meters high. It is made of specially reinforced concrete. 2 meters thick. It is grey.
    Virta: The wall is protected by gun turrets and guard patrols. The wall has never been breached, it has never even been attacked, at least on purpose. It has marks of stray bullets and occasional yalm crash but that is all.
    Areteh: back
    Virta: The wall cant move. It is always there, in rain and in sunshine. It will never leave, or die.
    Virta: To better enable the wall to... operate, I have studied the structure, and more precisely, its weight.
    Virta: How much do you think it weighs?
    Virta: looks at the audience.
    Virta: If my calculations are correct, it does not weigh more than the seat you are sitting on!
    Tradeher: puts up a hand
    Virta: It might be possible to make the wall mobile! Imagine that!
    Tradeher: quickly puts down hand
    Virta: The brilliant architect who built it must have thought it a good feature, and frankly, this humble engineer agrees.
    Virta: I am not thinking about making that wall itself to move anymore, cause that would be really dumb.
    Virta: Just a little wall, maybe 20 meters would be enough, and the velocity could be something like.. hmm.. 450km/h to help us catch any offenders.
    Virta: Hopefully there will be a prototype soon.
    Virta: Probably make an immobile one first, and then add the actual movement in the 2nd evolution.
    Virta: So, thats it! Any comments?
    Virta: draws breath and beams at the audience.
    Virta:
    Drgadget: thinks it a very interesting idea...
    Virta: Er.. Humming?
    Vixentrox: a moving wall...at such velocity? not prone to tipping?
    Stanislaw: raise his hand
    Tradeher: puts up a hand
    Virta: Such concerns would be answered with the prototype.
    Virta: notes down... check for tipping.
    Tradeher: Would such a wall be able to turn corners? or climb slopes?
    Virta: Mr Stanislaw?
    Virta: Ah sorry, yes it would, I think Tradeher
    Stanislaw: Is there not the risk that, given the choice of moving or staying put, the wall might just run away under situations of stress?
    Dontgetit: laughs
    Labhaoise: The Point In Moving the Wall ?
    Virta: That would be the brilliance of it, they handle stress very well
    Thunderslap: Can it be red? I like red!
    Dontgetit: raises his hand
    Virta: takes notes eagerly
    Labhaoise: raises her Hand
    [/color][/color][/color]Virta: Dontgetit?
    Dontgetit: yes, ummm so if the current wall has been breatched yet, why do you want the wall to be moveable in the first place?
    Dontgetit: sorry hasnt
    Virta: Not the whole wall! It would be a new kind of method in catching law offenders.
    Virta: And Im talking about just a small wall. 20-21 meters.
    Tradeher: raises a hand
    Stanislaw: raise his hand urgently
    Virta: Could be used for that too. I think Labhaoise had a question?
    Dontgetit: so if one section moves, you can go around that section then
    Sakkamoto: raises his hand slowly
    Jianxue: suspects offenders might be clanners
    Labhaoise: The Porpuse in Moving these Walls?
    Telperion: frowns
    Stavromula: raises a hand
    Labhaoise: Purpose
    Dontgetit: it would seem to me if you want a section to move, to make it nano based so it can stretch out instead of moving one section that would make a hole in the rest of the wall
    Virta: Mobile walls can be used to prevent crime, I cant go into the exact details of this but, it involves the wall's blocking function.
    Virta: Yes Mr Sakkamoto!?
    Sakkamoto: There were other people before me Mr Hendrix, please see to them first.
    Virta: Oh.. sorry there is so many. Stanislaw?
    Stanislaw: See.. I just that this flash of inspiration... rather than just a moving wall...
    Stanislaw: why not make it a big white baloon
    Stanislaw: it could emerge from Omni Sewer
    Virta: Cant see a point in a balloon...
    Stanislaw: rooll around, smother the runawy perp...
    Tradeher: coughs with her hand still raised...
    Virta: Smothering.. as opposed to blocking?
    Stanislaw: well that was my idea...
    Virta: Thats new.. never thought about that. Anyways, Tradeher?
    Tradeher: What is the approximate cost of these types of walls? And who will be paying for it?
    Virta: It is not my expertise, but the prototype could be very cheap.
    Sakkamoto: smiles
    Virta: There are unused walls in northern parts of Rubi-Ka
    Tradeher: nods reassuringly
    Virta: Mr Sakkamoto?
    Sakkamoto: Two things.
    Sakkamoto: Firstly, the walls you speak of in Northern Rubi-Ka. These wouldn't happen to be the ones surrounding the former Omni-2 now would they?
    Virta: shifts his weight
    Telperion: lifts an eyebrow
    Virta: Cant see why not. Although there are some in the wilderness as well
    Sakkamoto: A fair point. They're our walls anyway.
    Sakkamoto: and secondly.
    Jianxue: laughs at the very idea
    Sakkamoto: I'm sure you are aware of our co-development with the Unicorns of the devices known as 'laser-fences.' They're quite effective, seventeen terrawatts of power. Mobile and rapid deployment of bases and transmitters. They're currently in use by the unicorns to sanction off certain areas when they take dropships out to alien infested areas just outside ICC.
    Sakkamoto: Wouldn't that be a more effective way of sectioning off people, rather than trying to take a hairpin turn with a wall?
    Thunderslap: Darwin fences?
    Virta: Well.. they are not actually moving.. those new fangled laser fences.
    Virta: Really need them to move.. maybe able to hit as well.
    Sakkamoto: nods
    Sakkamoto: Very well.
    Sakkamoto: Continue.
    Virta: Thank you Sir.
    Virta: Yes Stavromula?
    Stavromula: A wall is meant to stop intruders from getting through. By introducing the ability to move it, aren't you in fact providing a security hole that can be exploited to negate the effect of a wall in the first place?
    Virta: Ah! But arent they also meant to 'allow' people to get through? I mean they can be used to make holes?
    Virta: taps a finger on his forehead
    Sahre: is afk
    Dontgetit: chuckles
    Stavromula: I don't understand. That would be a gate.
    Virta: It would still be a wall.
    Stavromula: my point is..
    Enchanted: hugs Jazz
    Stavromula: but providing a mechanism to move a wall, you are possibly providing it to people who are supposed to stay *behind* the wall
    Kimol: looks around
    Stavromula: this is a new aspect to walls that was not there before
    Virta: Ill be able to answer that with the prototype. My time is up Im afraid? Dabblez?
    Stavromula: nods
    Virta: Er Minage
    Virta: Thank you all!
    Minage: ah... running a little over, but if this is the last question
    Jianxue: claps
    Connelin: claps
    Stavromula: claps politely
    Vixentrox: claps
    Thunderslap: cheers
    Minage: excellent work, General Virta!
    Icata: claps
    Dontgetit: coughs

#2 Drgagdet

Minage: alright... we weren't expecting quite the turnout, so for future questions from speakers, please let me know privately and we'll take them in turn
    Minage: if you don't mind
    Minage: and of course, if you have a presentation you would like to make, and haven't been pencilled in yet, please let me know that as well
    Minage: and moving on to our next speaker, please welcome Drgadget of First Light... Drgadget?
    Jianxue: cheers!
    Hirrosites: claps
    Connelin: cheers
    Vixentrox: smiles and claps
    Millgram: applauds
    Stavromula: claps her Chirops loudly
    Labhaoise: Claps and Cheers
    Drgadget: thankyou very much for allowing me to speak here toay...
    Drgadget: feels nervous
    Jianxue: beams a smile at Drgadget
    Kimol: smiles and wonders why
    Drgadget: Good afternoon Ladis and Gentlmen, and atrox
    Sorroe: smiles supportively
    Drgadget: Before i start on my presentation, there are a few thanks I'd like to say
    Drgadget: ...to my research assistants, whom unfortunatly can not be here today, as they are both still suffring from a minor poisoning exprience
    Drgadget: to my guild, who allow me to continue using the lab in the HQ, dispite the frequent unplesent smells, noises, and the fact that on at least on 7 occasions, so I have be told, I have tested the fire-suppresent sysytem to its fullest
    Minage: chuckles
    Drgadget: and finally to an omni-scientist, whos name i have been asked not to mention, for allowing me time on the experimantal graviton-demensional-brane equipment
    Drgadget: I would also ask that you submit any technical questions via my e-mail, any non-technical questions will be answer at the end of my speech
    Drgadget: passes out some flexiscreens and the equivalent printed document
    Drgadget: This document, electronic and printed, contains a summary of my work and the basis of my soon to be published paper
    Drgadget: OK
    Drgadget: Now on with a topic which can be quite difficult to get a grib of .... lubrication
    Drgadget: I ask your indulgence, to allow alittle of the history of how I go started in this slippery subject
    Tradeher: smiles
    Virta: begins to read frantically
    Thunderslap: nibbles on corner
    Drgadget: August 29477, JAME's official statement about Shadow Lands and the oppertunity for its exporation.
    Drgadget: 'Could it be true?' ..i asked myself...'have these people managed to create a Lorentzian manifold, a Einstein-Rosen bridge..'
    Drgadget: Not only had they achieved it,actually managed to stabilise a wormhole!, but we could us it to explore!
    Drgadget: Even in the early stages of investigation, problems were incounted with a 'reaction' of the metaphysical qualities of 'the Source' and basic Rubi-ka metals
    Drgadget: ....no implants, problems with armour and weapons. No vehicles,
    Drgadget: ..which by the way, i think may be due to problems with the auriferous synthitic titanium in the chassis, shielding problems with the BBAS engine, and the warping properties of the Klang Absoluter MI.
    Drgadget: and finally problems with the inability of SL metals to be tradeskilled into anything usefull.
    Drgadget: It was the later problem which focused my mind on the possible manifestion of quantum mechanical tunniling....metal liquefaction
    Drgadget: As an engineer, i had concern about the degradation of my bots, due to QMT , and in particular at a metel-metal interface . Joints i observed were degrading unnaturaly fast.
    Virta: mutters Klang Absoluter.. junk.
    Drgadget: Not fast enough to incur a performance issue short term, but still, cause for concern.
    Drgadget: my hunt for a proactive, SL friendly lubricant thus started in earnest.
    Drgadget: Having exhausted all available on and off-world sources, i began to dismay. Untill a most unlikely sorce helped me out
    Drgadget: Aliens....
    Drgadget: Now i have on occasions had dealings with these vile creatures,after a 'chat' with the sharp-end of my 'bots. Amongst some of their parting 'gifts' i have procured a most wonderfull substance
    Dontgetit: hrms
    [/color][/color][/color]Drgadget: Variable Friction Jelly
    Drgadget: Now, the jelly itself, due to its non-Newtonian electo-thixiotrpic proprties, could not by itself, be of any particular use for what i required.
    Drgadget: But then 1 day, another alien helped me out.
    Drgadget: It got itself trapped in the basement of our HQ. I diligently sent in my 2 research assistants to sort it out.
    Drgadget: unfortunatly one got himselfed poisoned, from what is still an unidetified toxin. But what luck!!
    Drgadget: Studying the toxin in his blood, just before he visited 'reclaim' , i noticed the the toxin contained an anti-coagulant.
    Drgadget: But one that I have never seen the likes of before.
    Drgadget: it seemed to act, not only at a cellular level, but also at a quantum level too!
    Dabblez: *gasps*
    Drgadget: Afetr months of trail and error,and several visits to reclaim by my assistants, I managed to isolate the anti-coagulatant.
    Drgadget: Together with a few minor ingredients, anti-oxidants, free-redical 'sponges'etc...I mixed it all with the VFJ.
    Drgadget: the results, after its application, have been quite remarkable.
    Drgadget: there is a noticable, perhaps 70% reduction in metal surface degradation...
    Drgadget: So a potential cure perhaps, for our 'bots joints ???
    Drgadget: This is not , however the end of the story....
    Drgadget: Its more profitable application required alittle more attention...
    Drgadget: Due to its potential toxic nature, i have consulted with Herbalist Gerard.
    Drgadget: The result has meant that a slightly different variation can be used as a 'personal-lubricant'
    Avinto: scoots closer to areteh
    Drgadget: Now,unlike Any other lubricant, this can be infused, and saturated if required, with notum!
    Drgadget: The culmination of thess effects can be quite remarkable and most ...errmmm...'up-lifting'...
    Drgadget: blushes...
    Schuyler: blinks and yawns
    Drgadget: coughes and clears his throat...
    Drgadget: I have applied for galactic patents for both types of lube ...
    Drgadget: Pat Nos. 1303039/6778rk/123-67b/1222lb and 1303039/6778rk/124-67c/1222lb
    Hephedra: gets interested
    Drgadget: I have also been in touch with the Sol banking Corp, and have entered into a preliminery agreement for backing to help fund a bussiness venture.
    Drgadget: the product wii be called...
    Drgadget:
    Avinto: scoots closer to areteh
    Drgadget: DrG's Notorious Notum-infused Lube
    Drgadget: with a slogan of
    Virta: holds his breath
    Drgadget: ...Nice and slick....
    Drgadget: before i finish, there is just one other thing i would like to mention.
    Vixentrox: giggles softly
    Drgadget: ALL personal profits recieved from this venture will be used as is far as possible, to help fund and manufacture, the 'notum-saturated suit'.
    Stavromula: grins approvingly
    Labhaoise: thinks of Vist to Drgadget
    Drgadget: this suit will surely help the nanomage spread accross the galaxy.
    Sorroe: covers her mouth and tries to stifle a snicker
    Drgadget: thankyou for your time.
    Stanislaw: applauds
    Jianxue: applauds
    Sorroe: applauds
    Millgram: smiles at the idea of alien love lube
    Hirrosites: cheers
    Tradeher: claps
    Stavromula: applauds and smiles
    Avinto: claps
    Virta: claps briefly
    Connelin: claps and cheers
    Minage: excellent, always wondered what people do with that jelly...
    Labhaoise: Claps Wildly
    Minage: Thunderslap has a question, if you don't mind, Drgadget
    Drgadget: please
    Thunderslap: Does it taste as good as your report?
    Thunderslap: or pie?
    Drgadget: flavoured variations will be available...
    Virta: looks confused
    Thunderslap: burps
    Sakkamoto: sighs
    Minage: hrm... okay, Dontgetit?
    Dontgetit: thank you. Doctor, you said it can be infused with notum, have you tried any infusing with novictum for sl applications?
    Drgadget: yes , but the results were not incouraging
    Drgadget: further study is requird..
    Minage: any other questions for Drgadget from the audience?
    Hirrosites: raises hand
    Avinto: shakes head no
    Minage: Stavromula, then
    Stavromula: Do its properties change in the Shadowlands environment? Or are they the same as on Rubi-Ka?
    Labhaoise: raises her Hand
    Drgadget: the SL environment does not change
    Stavromula: nods
    Minage: Hirrosites?
    Hirrosites: Any confirms about pie flavored lub?
    Drgadget: i shall look into it persanally
    Stanislaw: gins
    Hirrosites: smiles
    Minage: and finally, Labhaoise?
    Minage: ah... and one more after that
    Schuyler: hugs sorroe
    Sorroe: hugs Schuy
    Minage: Labhaoise, you had a question for Drgadget?
    Telperion: tickles Labhaoise
    Labhaoise: No It was answered
    Minage: very well... final question, from Jianxue
    Jianxue: Doctor Gadget, clearly this is an idea whose time has come. The generalization of your lubrication research from mechanical to biotic lifeforms, in particular, i find promising.
    Jianxue: smiles
    Jianxue: my question to you, as a fellow scientist
    Jianxue: would be how you are planning to test your personal lubricant - or has the testing already been done?
    Sorroe: leans over Stav and playfully shoves Jian's shoulder
    Drgadget: if you look on the felixscreen you will see that an appendix is missing
    Jianxue: is motivated only by *scientific* curiousity
    Hephedra: looks at Jianxue, grins
    Drgadget: the 'trials' imformation is not there
    Jianxue: nods
    Stavromula: has found some lying around the HQ on occasion and has tried it, it's nice.
    Drgadget: this is because it is still with the Sol banking corp
    Drgadget: i cannot at this stage , utill the patents come through publish it
    Jianxue: nods
    Drgadget: but yes
    Avinto: excuses himself
    Drgadget: the trials are Very promising...
    Stavromula: nods slowly and blinks
    Drgadget: i will endevour to send you a copy as soon as i am allowed to do so
    Jianxue: thank you - i look forward to reading the results
    Minage: i believe that's all of the questions... thank you Drgadget, wonderful discovery and speech
    Jianxue: cheers
    Stavromula: claps and cheers
    Vixentrox: claps
    Telperion: clpas

#3 Vixentrox

Minage: great stuff so far!
    Virta: claps
    Dontgetit: mutters move the wall with that *cough*
    Thunderslap: looks for another report to eat
    Minage: alright, next up, we have Humming and Vincentprice of Omni-Mining
    Minage: ah... one second... changing order
    Minage: next up, Vixentrox of Whisper`s Edge... Ms. Flowers?
    Dontgetit: cheers
    Stanislaw: applauds
    Telperion: applauds
    Labhaoise: Claps Cheers Stomps her Feet
    Hephedra: claps enthusiastically
    Virta: listens intently
    Vixentrox: Thank you...I'll speak loudly so all can hear me
    Vixentrox: smiles at the gathered people
    Vixentrox: Greetings one and all. Today I'd like to share with you my esteemed colleagues something I have been working on. Even though we are here in peace today, only a fool would deny that low grade warfare has existed on this planet for years and no end in sight. The equipment I'm working on is a defensive item for use in the field.
    Vixentrox: looks around the room, making eye contact
    Vixentrox: Since early in human history a means of denying, channeling or slowing down movement of enemy forces has been sought. One of the earliest devices of war designed to do this has been the land mine. Mines have been designed for use against personnel, vehicles, water-borne craft, aircraft, and space ships. In tandem with these developments has been counter-mine technology. This is where the focus of my exhibit lies today.
    Vixentrox: Here on Rubi-ka, the anti-personnel mine is what is encountered most often. Though the majority of mines employed on Rubi-ka are of the non-lethal variety, they still pose a threat to strike teams. The snare mine, the root mine, the blinding mine and the combination mine of various strengths are the type most often encountered. The snare mine entraps the victim in an energy field that greatly slows a person's movement. The root mine, immobilizes its victim with a sort of paralysis. The blinding mine sends up a cloud of dark nanobots which totally obscure the victim's vision. Then there is the combination mine which blinds and either snares or roots.
    [/color][/color][/color]Vixentrox: By themselves these mines present little threat. A short wait and perhaps free movement stim or two and you operating at 100% again. However, these mines can break up team cohesiveness. They can delay medical aid if the team doctor is hit. Often these mines are placed near lifts, further separating the team as parts use the lift while other are fumbling around below. These are the times that the strike teams are vulnerable to enemy attack and a possible quick trip to reclaim.
    Vixentrox: My work has been geared to alleviating the effects these mines produce. I present to you the technical specs and plans for a proposed version of Boots of Azure Reveries which I call Boots of Azure Reveries, Minesweeper Modified or BARMM.
    Vixentrox: activates a hollo projector showing a picture of a pair of boots, some technical readouts, and various material components
    Vixentrox: Through various experiments I have decided it may be possible to change the standard Boots of Azure Reveries to have the BARMM specifications. If it can be made to work, a pair of BARMM will greatly reduce or eliminate the chance of root and snares taking hold as well as offering some protection against various hostile blinding nano-programs embedded in the mines. The BARMM should also prove effective against similar functions that regular personnel use. Fixer snares for example or a nanotech's blinding programs.
    Vixentrox: So far my experiments have led me to believe that using high quality Inactive OT Metamorphing Liquid Nanobots on a sheet of carbonum will prep that metal for further enhancements. You will need to sheet of the best carbonum available, one for each boot. Once the carbonum is prepped you will need the ingredients from a powerful free movement stim. So far however there have been some stability issues.
    Vixentrox: changes the view on the hollo projecter to show the combining of coponenents with the boots
    Vixentrox: I think that this may be resolved by using a melted down Might of the Revenent (MoR) in the soup with the free movement stim ingredients. Of course, the MoR would be completely consumed in the process but I believe that resistance to snares, roots, would up rate to 5% versus the 1% the MoR gives. I haven't been able to test this but it seems from my calculations you would loose the anti-stun capabilities of the MoR along with the strength enhancements. The trade off would be the gain in blindness resistance. The enhanced nano-bot damaging properties would be transferred to the boots but the slight decline in physical health would also be transferred. The addition of the modified carbonum plating would also give a modest boost in the armor rating of a standard pair of Boots of Azure Reveries. All other properties of the base pair of boots would remain the same if my calculations are correct.
    Vixentrox: To sum up, in the arena of weaponry, for every offense developed up, there is a defense that also springs up and vice-versa. My idea and initial work indicates that it is possible to combat these mines with the BARMM. However, since I don't claim to have the expertise in applied nano-tech, engineering or the like as many of this room, I submit my work to my colleagues for further research and study. Thank you for your time.
    Vixentrox: smiles at the attendees
    Vixentrox: Any questions?
    Minage: ah, we have a question from Dontgetit
    Vixentrox: nods
    Dontgetit: thank you. Vixen, what about the ability to further strengthen its properties by using perennium instead of carbonium?
    Sahre: is back
    Vixentrox: Since the standard boots were built on Rubi-ka, I felt it safer to use a metal native to production here
    Vixentrox: I'm not sure how the shadowland metal would react to the native materials
    Vixentrox: It could of course, be studied by a metalurgist
    Dontgetit: Its used with the RK based nano charged weapons, so I think research might be worthwhile
    Labhaoise: is afk
    Minage: alright, next question from Stanislaw... hit it, Stani
    Stanislaw: Ms Vixentrox, is it not ture that these boots were made for walking, and that just what they'll do and one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you?
    Virta: stares at Stanislaw in disbelief
    Telperion: hehe
    Dontgetit: mumbles oh.... my...... gawd xans......
    Vixentrox: Mine standard Boots of Azure Reveries work perfectly well whether running or walking
    Thunderslap: dance, Stani, dance!
    Minage: alright... good question, Stani. Telperion?
    Vixentrox: And I assure, they don't walk on thier own and niether would the BARMM
    Telperion: Yes
    Telperion: Do you have an estimation of the tradeskilling prowess that would be needed to accomplish such a process, please?
    Telperion: I suppose it's a rather complex operation...
    Vixentrox: The intinal prepping of materials would take an accomplished tradeskiller, but the actual melting down of the Might of Revenant and the steps after could be accomplished by almost anyone with a minimal knowledge in such things
    Telperion: Thank you
    Minage: i believe that's it for the questions, Mr. Sakkamoto, you had a suggestion?
    Sakkamoto: I did indeed.
    Minage: related to Ms. Flowers, or just in general?
    Sakkamoto: This is not related to Ms. Flowers. Everyone here is aware that this is most definately a science orientated area. Jokes aside this is not a time for lewd comments or attempts to annoy those who are making a speech.
    Sakkamoto: I have a dedication to my work and so do the people here and we are privelidged to have such individuals before us.
    Labhaoise: is back
    Dontgetit: nods in agreement
    Virta: nods solemnly
    Vixentrox: If there are no more questions then....
    Vixentrox: Thank you all
    Minage: Excellent work, Ms. Flowers!
    Sahre: claps
    Drgadget: claps
    Labhaoise: Claps
    Hephedra: claps
    Sakkamoto: applauds
    Minage: As for the occasional attempts at humor, most of us are well-prepared for it. If you don't have whiskey, I'd recommend it. Just ask myself or Dabblez

#4 Humming and Vincentprice

Minage: moving on, please welcome Humming and Vincentprice of Omni-Mining
    Virta: applauds
    Thunderslap: w00ts!
    Humming: Hello, I am a synthetic Humming SOH model
    Humming: And this is my assistant Vincentprice
    Vincentprice: Hello all
    Humming: We often experiment in the omni-mining labs
    Vincentprice: nods
    Humming: Combining my scientific prowess with Vincentprice's sense of humour
    Humming: We have, so far, Created a few biological weapons
    Humming: I am fully aware that omni-mining does not normally deal in such items
    Humming: But they can become quite helpful
    Humming: First in our list is this toxin
    Humming: Globymerthatrsis biotoxin UNIQUE Quality Level:SPECIAL Description:This biotoxin forces the victim to freeze and suffer from 'the runs', it can not come into contact with the atomosphere and must be administered through food or drink Globymerthatrsis biotoxin
    Humming: This substance was our first creation
    Humming: It has many advantadges, As you can see on the label, It makes the victim have a dose of the so called Runs
    Vincentprice: It works on synthetics too, to some degree
    Humming: It also roots the victim to the spot
    Humming: By weakening the leg muscles
    Humming: This can be used in many situations
    Humming: Assasinations, The waiter will serve a salad with some of this toxin and they will be rooted to the spot
    Humming: Distracting an enemy
    Humming: Interrogations
    Humming: We are still working on the final result
    Humming: Our second substance is
    Humming: Erzphagous Deterium UNIQUE Quality Level:SPECIAL Description: This blue sludge can be put into food, And once you eat the strange substance, it is near impossible to stop. The substance tastes like vomit, and has a high sodium content, almost lethal. But has an extremely addictive ingredient, Erzium Erzphagous Deterium
    Virta: ews
    Minage: winces
    Humming: This Substance can be used for assasinations aswell
    Humming: holds the blue sludge in his hand
    Humming: If put into a stim, It would look like a stim overdose
    Humming: The sodium is highly poisonous in such amounts
    Humming: It can be dissolved into water
    Humming: Frozen into a hard cube
    Humming: Its colour can be easily changed
    Humming: It is easy to shape
    Humming: Much like clay
    Humming: molds the substance slightly and adds some green colouring
    Humming: holds the substance which looks similar to lettuce
    Humming: It is almost invisble when put to good use
    Humming: Our last substance is
    Humming: Joosuxxorite Pills UNIQUE Quality Level:SPECIAL Description:Intensive rollerat testing led to these small blue pills, they temporarily force the subject to talk in Leet speak, the common slang on rubi-ka Joosuxxorite Pills
    Humming: ((sorry not last))
    Vincentprice: smiles
    Humming: These are used more for Humour than ill effects
    Humming: Although having a rabid leet trying to breed with your leg is one of the side affects
    Drgadget: wonders if his assistants have some of these pills
    Vincentprice: clears his throat
    Humming: Vincent, Would you care to show the effects?
    Vincentprice: Uh... Well, if you insist
    [/color][/color][/color]Humming: drops a pill onto vincents tounge
    Virta: gasps
    Vincentprice: swallows the pill
    Minage: watches eagerly
    Humming: The pill is in a weakened state
    Vincentprice: Uh...
    Humming: It will take a few seconds to affect his brain
    Vincentprice: w00t ar U starin at?!
    Labhaoise: thinks of Shadow Leets in Scheol Humping a Leg
    Vincentprice: feels dizzy
    Humming: holds a serum in his hand
    Humming: Ok vincent, Stay still
    Drgadget: wonders if vince may need some of his lub..
    Vincentprice: coughs
    Vixentrox: watches with interest
    Humming: injects the serum
    Vincentprice: HALP
    Hephedra: giggles
    Humming: Ok, He should be retutning to normal soon
    Vincentprice: Uh...
    Thunderslap: hides pr0n
    Vincentprice: shakes his head
    Humming: Thank you Vincentprice
    Vincentprice: Well, that surely felt strange
    Sahre: giggles
    Vincentprice: You're welcome
    Humming: Our final presentation
    Humming: BattleSpam UNIQUE Quality Level:SPECIAL Description:Its here and its amazing! BattleSpam Is THE Meatproduct to eat, not only does it temporarily increase your battle skills it will also totally concentrate your mind on the battle, you wont even be able to hear your friends once you've taken this stuff.BattleSpam
    Minage: ooohs
    Humming: holds a round can in his hand
    Dabblez: smiles
    Vincentprice: Now, THAT is good stuff!
    Humming: This substance is, quite unique
    Humming: It gives complete focus, While tasting as good as spitroasted anun
    Vincentprice: me nods
    Humming: After eating this, you are completely focused upon your goal
    Humming: Making it a useful tool for sniping
    Hephedra: thinks of other uses
    Humming: And other forms of assasination
    Humming: Some test subjects have said they could not hear friends and family trying to message them
    Humming: We are hoping to try many of these substances upon the Nanomage Liberation Front
    Humming: Thank you, Are there any questions?
    Dabblez: coughs
    Humming: Yes chercher?
    Humming: beeps
    Drgadget: raises his hand
    Humming: The item in question is very dangerous
    Humming: the density of sodium is very high
    Minage: Drgadget?
    Humming: Yes, Drgadget?
    Humming: whirrs
    Drgadget: just a quick question, you mention taht you will be trying these products out on the NLF, is this a Omni-mining policy?
    Humming: I am sorry, That was a synthetic's attempt at so called Humour
    Vincentprice: Uhm, yes, sorry. I've been trying to tech Humming some humour
    Minage: grins
    Virta: writes the joke down
    Humming: We normally weaken down the substances and use them on rollerats
    Humming: I also test them
    Drgadget: thankyou for clearing that up..
    Humming: I code many of the substances into electrical informtation
    Humming: So i can experience the substance
    Humming: Any other questions?
    Humming: I believe that is all then, Thank you.
    Vincentprice: Thank you
    Virta: applauds
    Minage: no other questions, so thank you Humming and Vincent... that was disturbing, yet intriguing
    Humming: salutes rigidly
    Vixentrox: smiles

#5 Bogosorter

Minage: scary stuff, especially those leet pills
    Minage: we're running a bit short on time, so let's move on... Bogosorter and The Shover, if you would?
    Drgadget: still thinks his assistants have had some of those pills
    Bogosorter: Hey, man.
    Bogosorter: So, like, I had this great job at R.U.R.
    Bogosorter: But circumstances required that I, like, leave the planet.
    Bogosorter: Uh... No, man. I left, uh... because... I needed a vacation, man.
    Bogosorter: So I went to Turtle. Yeah, man. The planet Turtle.
    Bogosorter: You know, where all those warblades come from.
    Bogosorter: And, yeah, I became a warblade master, man.
    Bogosorter: I'd show you all my 'leet warblade skills, man. But I, like, uh, sprained my.... uh... wrist.
    Bogosorter: Um... Like, moving right along...
    Bogosorter: I sprained my wrist, so I'm going to talk about Wildlife Management and The Shover.
    Bogosorter: See, I used to work for Omni-Eco, man.
    Bogosorter: Now that the crazy, control-freak NDA has expired, I can, like, finally talk about my job.
    Bogosorter: Yeah, Wildlife Management. Like, I know what you're thinking.
    Bogosorter: What is Wildlife Management?
    Bogosorter: It's like, all about how to manage the wildlife, man.
    Bogosorter: Like, the first thing about Wildlife Management is keeping the right number of wildlife in the right place.
    Bogosorter: That's why I built The Shover, man.
    Bogosorter: 's pet The Shover shoots a few sparks.
    Bogosorter: To, like, shove the wildlife when they get out of place.
    Bogosorter: Since I got back to Rubi-Ka, I've made some improvements to The Shover.
    Bogosorter: The Shover's specialty is, like, leets and rollerrats, man.
    Bogosorter: I know leets are cute and all, and chicks dig them.
    Bogosorter: But they can, like, carry diseases and chew up your new stereo and stuff.
    Bogosorter: So there were, like, four main tasks The Shover needed to do, man.
    Bogosorter: Shoving, feeding, fumigating, and ultrasonics.
    Bogosorter: Shoving is, like, self explanatory, man.
    Bogosorter: Like, if there's a leet in Jobe city, shove it.
    Bogosorter: If there's a rollerrat in Omni-Ent, shove it back to its proper place, man.
    Bogosorter: The Shover needed no upgrades here.
    Bogosorter: So next is, like, feeding.
    Dabblez: nods
    Bogosorter: See, like, originally The Shover was solid.
    Bogosorter: There wasn't, like, any free space inside him.
    Bogosorter: So I, like, used some real complex alien technology to compress The Shover's internal components into, like, 73% of the original volume.
    Bogosorter: mumbles, And, like, I threw out all the parts I didn't understand, man.
    Bogosorter: So with all this groovy space, I put stacks of, like, food pellets in The Shover's legs.
    Bogosorter: Along with a pellet dispenser in each heel, man.
    Bogosorter: 's pet The Shover lifts his left foot, revealing a plastic leet head. The leet head snaps back, dropping a small, grease covered food pellet on the carpet.
    Bogosorter: I got the idea from, like, this Old Earth candy dispenser I saw in a museum, man.
    Bogosorter: The right leg was for regular food pellets, along with some, like, you know... stimulants.
    Bogosorter: Leet stimulants.
    Bogosorter: You know, like, adult leet stimulants.
    Bogosorter: You know, man... to, like, increase the leet population.
    Bogosorter: clears his throat.
    Icata: blinks
    Enchanted: hugs Schuy
    Icata: increase?
    Schuyler: hugs

[ unfortunatley at this point Bogosorter went linkdead ]

Minage: ...oh dear
    Minage: The Shover's on the loose
    Virta: The Shover?
    Dabblez: Anyone need a drink while we wait? We have whiskey or sake?
    Virta: Here boy
    Drgadget: looks concerned
    Hettei: sighs.
    Minage: drinks, anyone? you all look like you could use them
    Humming: links a cable up between himself and the shover
    Dabblez: And we will not let Humming anywhere near our bottles
    Minage: careful, he's a tricky one
    Drgadget: wonder what 'the shover' may shove, and where its going to shove it...
    Humming: He should remain docile now
    Dontgetit: I think Ill take some sake please
    : The Shover: Deactivating.
    Humming: But i am unsure
    Dontgetit: thank you
    Dabblez: pleaqsure
    Minage: anyone else?
    Minage: for a drink, i mean?
    Sakkamoto: Drinks wise i believe everyone is alright...
    Sakkamoto: looks around teh room.
    Areteh: snores ever so softly.
    Humming: beeps and whirrs
    Minage: alright, we'll try to wait for Bogo to return for a couple minutes... in the meantime, anyone have any good jokes?
    Humming: stays quiet
    Minage: ...yeah, me either
    Minage: fidgets
    Karall: WHOO!
    Stanislaw: why don't you try a joosuxxor pill Minage?
    Karall: ... wait. This totally doesn't look like a party.
    Sakkamoto: Oh dear god.
    Karall: Yo. What's up, old lookin' dude? You want a beer?
    Minage: oh, party crasher
    Hettei: Erm..
    Sakkamoto: I don't do beer. But the offer is most appreciated. Do I know you?
    Humming: grips his toxin tightly
    Larynda: looks over Dante.
    Karall: I dunno. Like, I mean, you should and stuff. 'cause I'm totally cool. And, like, I might be the new mayor of Newland and stuff!
    Karall: So yeah!
    Karall: Oh, wait, like... where are my manners? I'm Dante--Dante Karall. I totally rock the house.
    Hettei: raises an eyebrow.
    Humming: runs his finger up and down his toxin
    Sakkamoto: Takai Sakkamoto, Head of Omni-Engineering currently in the midle of a symposium.
    Karall: ... sym... sim.. poseeum?
    Karall: Like, is that a fancy word for a tea party or some stuff?
    Sakkamoto: Yes. but with less tea. More intelligence and science.
    Karall: Science? Dude!!
    Karall: I totally loves me some science!
    Larynda: looks over to Ukblizzard then to Sakkamoto.
    Humming: walks behind sakkamato sliding Globymerthatrsis biotoxin into his hand
    Sakkamoto: REally? Then why not take a seat?
    Ukblizzard: Sakkamoto, Sir, would you like our assitance?
    Sakkamoto: No no, I'm fine.
    Karall: That'd be sooooo cool. Like... are you guys giving out free drinks and stuff?
    Flashwing: looks at Sakkamoto with slight surprise
    Sakkamoto: Free drinks to the quiet ones, yes.
    Minage: no beer, but we do have drinks
    Humming: looks at karall
    Karall: Oh, ok. Cool! Well, like, if any of you dudes and dudettes want a beer, I totally have a pack full!
    Hettei: Thanks for, the, uh.. Offer.
    Minage: grimaces
    Duranz: I'll have a beer
    Sakkamoto: If you'll excuse me a mmoent.
    Karall: Sweet! One beer, comin' right up bro!
    Thunderslap: Can't let the man drink alone! Bring one over Dante!
    Karall: shuffles through a compression pack at his side for a moment, pulling out a pair of frosty Club-Beer Cans
    Flashwing: loads a single round into his Inamorata Rifle
    Minage: starts chewing at the corners of his agenda
    Karall: Drink up, bros!
    Sakkamoto: Sac, confirm operations.
    Thunderslap: cheers!
    Karall: So yeah... Whoo!! SCIENCE!!
    Minage: yeah... whoo...
    Flashwing: I know Omni pol is over there but do you want me to do something about this guy?
    Hettei: .. Quite.
    Karall: props himself up on the back of the couch.
    Dabblez: hell no, that guy could be the next mayor of Newland
    Flashwing: smirks

#6 Millgram

Minage: um... if it's alright, i think we'll move on to the next speaker...
    Humming: stares at karall
    Flashwing: if he can find the place
    Sakkamoto: ~I knew I should of locked that door~
    Flashwing: but your point is taken
    Minage: hopefully Bogo can make it back soon
    Karall: starts singing quietly to himself.
    Karall: ~Dun-da-duuuun duh--SCIENCE! Duh-da-duuuun-da!~
    Minage: but for now, please wel...
    Hettei: nods at Sakkamoto.
    Minage: right, duh-da, duh-da
    Minage: coughs
    Humming: Do you mind karall?
    Minage: please welcome RUR's owh Millgram
    Karall: Oh. Oh, right, sorry.
    Karall: nods his head, making a little shushing noise.
    Humming: claps rigidly
    Millgram: thank you minage
    Millgram: Hello, I’m Professor Millrarm of R.U.R. I'm here to day to talk a little bit about the myth of cyberpsychosis in QPT type robots, or in layman’s terms “there is no 4th law”.
    Dabblez: damn straight
    Millgram: Now as I’m sure you all know robotics is governed by three laws
    Millgram: The first is A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being come to harm.
    Millgram: The second is A robot must obey orders given to it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the first law.
    Millgram: The final law is A robot must protect it’s own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the first two laws.
    Millgram: Now as robotics became more a more advanced the robots themselves began to display more human characteristics. With the advent of the quantum positronic thingy, or QPT, the robots were able to display almost human behaviour.
    Millgram: It is at this point where the fourth law began to be mentioned, more as an in joke amongst engineers.
    Dabblez: frowns
    Larynda: looks over to Angilania then back to the talker.
    Millgram: The fourth law states All robots will eventually turn on their creators and go on a mad, murderous rampage regardless of the first, second or third laws. This of course, is a complete lie.
    Minage: nods
    Virta: rolls his eyes
    Dabblez: nods vigorously
    Millgram: The term cyberspsychosis itself refers to when a robot begins to display behaviours outside it’s programming. As a result of the humanisation of these robots people see this as the robot going mad.
    Angilania: enters to hear better
    Humming: nods knowingly
    Millgram: In every reported case of cyberpsychosis the problem can be traced back to either a fault in the hardware or software of the robot, or in some cases users tempering with the robot.
    Millgram: To provide examples we’ll go back to two different occasions where cyberpsychosis was suspected
    Millgram: In the first example a personal trainer robot literally exercised their owner to death. Now when the robot was examined it was found that the owner themselves suffered form an extremely low self image, constantly thinking that they were overweight. As such they had instructed their robot to exercise them until they were as thin as possible.
    Millgram: Now in accordance to the 3 laws the robot should have stopped before the owner caused themselves harm. However the user had deliberately sabotaged the robots logic circuits in an attempt to override the robot refusing to exercise them any more. The final result was owner exercising themselves to death with the aid of the robot.
    Millgram: In the second example we have a cooking robot that stabbed their owner. Luckily in this case the wounds weren’t fatal.
    Millgram: Again in this case it would appear to be cyberpsychosis, with the robot going mad and attacking their owner, despite the three laws.
    Humming: beeps
    Millgram: However when the robot was recalled to the factory and examined it was discovered that there was a fault within the microstructure of the QPT. This fault was small enough to allow the robot to pass through quality control, but over time developed in to a major flaw in the visual processor.
    Millgram: This fault meant that the robot essentially was hallucinating, through the faulty visual processor the robot believed it was in fact a side of bronto meat it was preparing, all visual cues suggested so, as a result the first law failed to come into affect.
    Millgram: In conclusion, to date there have been no confirmed cases of cyberpsychosis. Any claims have been tracked back to mundane causes.
    Virta: nods
    Minage: nods vehemently
    Millgram: So remember next time someone says to you "what about the fourth law?" just turn to them and point out "there is no fourth law".
    Millgram: Thank you. Any questions or comments?
    Humming: puts his hand up
    Minage: Humming, go ahead
    Karall: raises his hand.
    Humming: As you may or may not know, I am a synthetic being, I am deeply concerned about this and would like to ask, is there any definate way to make sure i'm not exploited in the way?
    Millgram: Just make sure you're software is up to date and no one tampers with your hardware and you should be fine.
    Humming: makes a note to update security settings
    Minage: ah... a comment from Dabblez
    Dabblez: I really just wanted to stress how important this message is
    Karall: raises his hand again, making a very soft 'ooh ooh ooh' sound.
    Minage: Mr. Karall, you're next
    Dabblez: if you take away anything from this symposium
    Dabblez: let it be..
    Sakkamoto: looks over at Dante carefully.
    Dabblez: THERE IS NO 4th LAW!
    Minage: no 4th law whatsoever!
    Humming: Just make sure you dont take away any of my toxin
    Minage: ...excellent comment, boss. Mr. Karall, your question?
    Humming: looks over to karall,
    Karall: So... like, what happens if a robot breaks the law and stuff? Are there robot cops or something that haul them off to jail for, like, a cybertrial or something? I mean, who enforces these laws?
    Karall: 'cause dude, if there are robots out there breaking the law that is *so* uncool.
    Millgram: If a robot breaks any of the laws they suffer a fatal breakdown in their circuitry and stop working.
    Millgram: however the laws themselves prevent this from ever happening.
    Karall: ... umm... so, like, if they break the law, they automatically die?
    Karall: That's harsh.
    Minage: it is the law, after all
    Minage: that's it for the questions... thank you Millgram, excellent work!
    Humming: starts playing I fought the law, and the law won from inside his chest

#7 Dongetit

Minage: we've got one last speaker, then you can all go pass out elsewhere
    Minage: please welcome Dontgetit
    Dontgetit: thank you Dr. Minage
    Dontgetit: fellow scientists, and guests
    Dontgetit: I was hoping that there would be word from the Jobe Research Facility but that doesnt seem to be the case
    Dontgetit: which brings this improptu speech
    Dontgetit: For a couple of years now we have had access to the wild worlds refered to as the Shadowlands
    Dontgetit: which as many of you are well aware of have many resources that are still quite forign
    Karall: puts the empty beer can into a pack by his side, pulling out a replacement.
    Dontgetit: I would like to just make a call out for further research into these technologies, perennium still hasnt been used for more then a few weapons, yet holds stronger properties then carbonum
    Sakkamoto: nods
    Humming: nods
    Dontgetit: spirit tech seems almost like the archaic days of majic, we shoudl research their sturctures to increase effectiveness
    Dontgetit: novictum as rich as notum on rubi-ka is still used in limited productivity
    Humming: makes a note, Experiment with perennium plate armour
    Dontgetit: and now with new Kyr'Ozch technology there should be more ways to harness these wonderous discoveries, so I call out to you, fellow colligues, to not shy away from the other lands.
    Dontgetit: Thank you.
    Virta: nods
    Minage: wonderful statement, i hope we all take it to heart
    Drgadget: claps
    Minage: thank you, Dontgetit

#8 Dante Karall

Minage: as for that being the last speaker, we actually have one more...
    Minage: ...please... um... welcome Mr. Dante Karall...
    Karall: Whoo!!
    Karall: leaps off the couch.
    Minage: ...whooboy
    Humming: makes a weird noise, Like a disappointed grunt
    Karall: Ok! So, like... yo!
    Karall: What's up dudes and dudettes of the science world!? Are you rockin' out hardcore style tonight!?
    Karall: looks around quietly, a bit of a frown on his face.
    Minage: drinks faster
    Karall: ... ok, tough crowd.
    Stanislaw: whoo!
    Virta: looks at Karall blankly
    Karall: Ok, so, like, my name is Dante Karall, and I'm running for mayor of Newland city. And, like, you dudes don't know it, but underneath all these good looks and totally awesome playboy image... I'm a man of the sciences too!
    Humming: Karall, Do you know what methane is?
    Schuyler: blinks
    Karall: Methane... is that anything like propane?
    Humming: I rest my point
    Karall: shakes his head quickly.
    Karall: Ok, so, like, back to the point and stuff.
    Karall: I'm totally down with science. And, to that end, I've been doing some work on creating my own radical line of drinks!
    Minage: perks up
    Stanislaw: oooh
    Thunderslap: gimme!
    Karall: I've been working hardcore style in my shop on a brewing process, trying to find cool ways of combing existing nanotechnology with booze.
    Stanislaw: thinks Stani has wasted his life so far
    Karall: Like, you can totally infuse the properties of so-called 'calming' nanobots into a liquid substance and make it into this hardcore brew that'll get you *totally* righteous off one can!
    Karall: Or... well, I think you can. 'cause the process hasn't worked too well, and, like, every time I try I end up falling asleep after the first sip.
    Karall: But, hey, it's a work in process!
    Karall: So, like, I wanna encourage all you fellow science geeks and nerds and stuff to do some experimenting with nanobots and stuff. 'cause you can totally rock the house with 'em.
    Stanislaw: takes notes
    Karall: And keep an eye out for my drinks! I'm gonna call it... Da Beer!
    Minage: points at Humming
    Karall: 'cause, you know, my name is Dante, and it sounds kinda like 'the'. But not.
    Karall: Ummm... so yeah. Like, any questions or anything?
    Stanislaw: Yes, when do we start!
    Humming: raises his hand
    Minage: ah, Flashwing has a question
    Karall: Flashwing dude for the win!
    Karall: What's up bro?
    Flashwing: This calming drink of yours...do you think we could see a demonstration?
    Minage: stifles a laugh
    Karall: Oh. Well, like, I don't have any on me... it sorta didn't really like being canned very well.
    Karall: But it would make a totally kickin' grenade in a can!
    Karall: Probably gonna have to bottle the stuff.
    Flashwing: nods his head in deep understanding
    Minage: alright, next question, Humming
    Humming: Are you intoxicated right now? Also, Whats a covalent bond? I'd love to see a fellow Science Geek explain it...
    Karall: Hummingdude!
    Karall: Dude, I am totally drunk as we speak.
    Karall: It's *awesome*
    Minage: ...i can smell
    Humming: I am sure of that
    Karall: And, uh... covalent bond... it's... um....
    Karall: It's when... uh... two covalents... like, bond together.
    Karall: nods sagely.
    Humming: Thank you karall... You da man
    Minage: good answer
    Karall: Whoo!
    Minage: any other questions for our fellow scientist?
    Karall: You guys rock!
    Sakkamoto: shakes his head
    Karall: And now, for all of you totally cool people, as I'm the last person up here...
    Minage: i get the feeling Mr. Sakkamoto may have his guard waiting for you, Mr. Karall. But thank you for that... enlightening presentation.
    Humming: makes cricket noises from his speakers
    Karall: CHUG!!!
    Minage: whoa...
    Sakkamoto: eyes Minage carefully, mouthing the word Shush
    Karall: lets out a righteous burp, before crushing the can against his forehead.
    Minage: ...effective.
    Karall: Whoo.
    Humming: I hope that bruises
    Minage: alright... that does it for this year's Science Symposium...
    Sakkamoto: applauds
    Minage: sponsored, of course, by RUR
    Minage: thank you all for coming out
    Dontgetit: thank you RUR
    Drgadget: claps loudly
    Thunderslap: cheers!
    Karall: does a little dance
    Minage: and special thanks to the speakers: Virta, Drgadget, Vixentrox, Humming and Vincentprice, Bogosorter, Millgram, and ... Mr. Karall
    Minage: this has been quite a day, didn't expect so many great minds to show up
    Humming: and karall
    Minage: I hope it goes as well next year
    Sakkamoto: To a new year of Omni-Tekian prosperity!
    Sakkamoto: Come Doctor. We have a transport to catch.
    Drgadget: is warming to humming sense of humour
    Minage: ah... and thank you, Mr. Sakkamoto, and Dr. Smith, for attending as well
    Humming: makes cheering noises from his speakers
    Hettei: smiles.
    Hettei: Anytime.
    Karall: Ok... so, like, I'm out. You guys rock.
    Karall: And remember, if you're neutral? A vote for Dante is a vote for Excellante!!!
    Minage: and if anyone else doesn't need more whiskey, i may just go drink it all. in the dark.
    Flashwing: heh, neutrals for beer...
    Drgadget: thankyou for allowing me to talk Minage
    Thunderslap: warms up
    Minage: pleasure to have you, Drgadget
    Minage: excellent speech
    Humming: Well done vincent
    Flashwing: interesting...
    Vincentprice: Eh, thanks Humming
    Humming: You were fine
    Flashwing: I didn't understand half of it but it was interesting
    Vincentprice: I was kinda nervous...
    Thunderslap: Free beer, I could learn to like politics...
    Dabblez: It gives us all a lot to ponder about
    Humming: You couldnt of been worse than karall
    Vincentprice: smiles
    Vincentprice: ...yes...
    Fallacia: Great job and thank you all for this interesting speeches
    Dabblez: though I shall not accept any dinner invitations from Humming I think
    Flashwing: You really think he's going to run Newland Dabbz?
    Dabblez: who knows Flash
    Minage: say, Humming... about those leet pills... if you ever think of selling them, do let me know
    Dontgetit: WERE BEING INVADED
    Minage: winks
    Flashwing: uh oh
    Vincentprice: What?
    Dontgetit: KyR'Ozch EVERYWHERE OUTSIDE
    Humming: I will ponder on that
    Dabblez: Say.. what?
    Flashwing: raises an eyebrow
    Dontgetit: hundreds!

[ At this stage we learned that just outside of where the symposium was being held, a massive Kry'Ozch force lay waiting for us.The battle that followed was ferocious. ]

Humming: We are hoping to try many of these substances upon the Nanomage Liberation Front

WHAT?!

Omni-mining has sunk to a new low, They dont want to JUST kill us with mining now...
    No human being on the face of this glorius Rubi-ka, no goverment is going to take from me my right to speak, my right to protest against wrong, my right to everything that is for the benefit for magekind.
    I am not here to be accused!
    I am here as the accuser of omni-tek dripping with blood from head to toe!

When Injustice Becomes The Norm, Resistance Becomes A Duty.

Muge "Gueve" Marxosis

Why is it I never have popcorn when I need some?

[Ahem... the grump's mutterings aside...

You make a tired boy laugh way too much. Rock!]
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

((Yeah, sorry about that. What can I say? The client crashed and wouldn't let me log back in.

The community here is still the best, but AO is a very hard game to come back to, free offer or not.

By "hard" I don't mean "challenging."

AO does not compare favorably with more recent MMOGs that are fast-paced, casual-friendly (at least prior to the endgame), and functional. I'm not going to enumerate AO's various issues again. Suffice to say that they're even worse than I remember, and, more importantly, they're still here after nearly five years.

So, for the excessively curious (and before I lose my posting rights), here's the intended speech.))

Bogosorter: Hey, man.
    The Shover: You're going to embarrass me again, Dad. I know it.
    Bogosorter: So, like, I had this great job at R.U.R.
    Bogosorter: But circumstances required that I, like, leave the planet.
    The Shover: Omni-Pol finally tracked down your drug lab, Dad.
    Bogosorter: Uh... No, man. I left, uh... because... I needed a vacation, man.
    Bogosorter: So I went to Turtle. Yeah, man. The planet Turtle.
    Bogosorter: You know, where all those warblades come from.
    Bogosorter: And, yeah, I became a warblade master, man.
    Bogosorter: I'd show you all my 'leet warblade skills, man. But I, like, uh, sprained my.... uh... wrist.
    The Shover: Tell them about how you cut your big toe off, Dad.
    Bogosorter: Um... Like, moving right along...
    Bogosorter: I sprained my wrist, so I'm going to talk about Wildlife Management and The Shover.
    Bogosorter: See, I used to work for Omni-Eco, man.
    Bogosorter: Now that the crazy, control-freak NDA has expired,
    Bogosorter: I can, like, finally talk about my job.
    Bogosorter: Yeah, Wildlife Management. Like, I know what you're thinking.
    Bogosorter: What is Wildlife Management?
    Bogosorter: It's like, all about how to manage the wildlife, man.
    The Shover: Brilliant synopsis, Dad.
    Bogosorter: Like, the first thing about Wildlife Management is keeping
    Bogosorter: the right number of wildlife in the right place.
    Bogosorter: That's why I built The Shover, man.
    Bogosorter: To, like, shove the wildlife when they get out of place.
    Bogosorter: Since I got back to Rubi-Ka, I've made some improvements to The Shover.
    Bogosorter: The Shover's specialty is, like, leets and rollerrats, man.
    Bogosorter: I know leets are cute and all, and chicks dig them.
    Bogosorter: But they can, like, carry diseases and chew up your new stereo and stuff.
    Bogosorter: So there were, like, four main tasks The Shover needed to do, man.
    Bogosorter: Shoving, feeding, fumigating, and ultrasonics.
    Bogosorter: Shoving is, like, self explanatory, man.
    Bogosorter: Like, if there's a leet in Jobe city, shove it.
    The Shover: VISUAL: LEET
    The Shover: TARGET: PORTAL TECHNICIAN
    The Shover: ACTION: SHOVE
    Bogosorter: If there's a rollerrat in Omni-Ent, shove it back to its proper place, man.
    The Shover: VISUAL: BRONTO BURGER STAND
    The Shover: TARGET: MISPLACED ROLLERRAT
    The Shover: ACTION: SHOVE
    Bogosorter: The Shover needed no upgrades here.
    Bogosorter: So next is, like, feeding.
    Bogosorter: See, like, originally The Shover was solid.
    Bogosorter: There wasn't, like, any free space inside him.
    Bogosorter: So I, like, used some real complex alien technology
    Bogosorter: to compress The Shover's internal components into, like, 73% of the original volume.
    *Bogosorter mumbles, "And, like, I threw out all the parts I didn't understand, man."*
    Bogosorter: So with all this groovy space, I put stacks of, like, food pellets in The Shover's legs.
    Bogosorter: Along with a pellet dispenser in each heel, man.
    *The Shover lifts his left foot, revealing what looks like a plastic leet head. The leet head snaps back, dropping a small, grease covered food pellet on the carpet.*
    Bogosorter: I got the idea from, like, this Old Earth candy dispenser I saw in a museum, man.
    The Shover: "They taste like wet chalk."
    Bogosorter: The right leg was for regular food pellets, along with some, like, you know... stimulants.
    Bogosorter: Leet stimulants.
    Bogosorter: You know, like, adult leet stimulants, man.
    Bogosorter: You know, to increase the leet population.
    The Shover: I love my job!
    *Bogosorter clears his throat.*

((Client crashed here.))

Bogosorter: So, like, where was I?
    Bogosorter: Oh, yeah, legs, man.
    Bogosorter: The Shover's left leg was going to be, like, for poisoned food pellets.
    Like, to decrease the leet population.
    Bogosorter: I started off using zinc phosphide, man.
    Bogosorter: But all the notum and stuff here on Rubi-Ka
    Bogosorter: gives zinc phosphide some, like, strange side effects, man.
    Bogosorter: Like, effects that are strange... uh... side... uh... effects.
    The Shover: They grew fins!
    Bogosorter: Yeah, man.
    *Bogosorter mumbles, "And if anyone wants to know where Leetzillas come from, they might want to, like, check this out."*
    Bogosorter: So I'm, like, still working on how to decrease the leet population.
    Bogosorter: But rollerrats burrow, man.
    Bogosorter: They live in, like, caves. In the ground. And stuff.
    Bogosorter: And, like, I knew where I could get a few thousand kilos of carbon monoxide cheap.
    Bogosorter: I mean, like, if someone never locks their door, it's a victimless crime, man.
    Bogosorter: So I installed a CO reservoir and delivery tube in The Shover's, like, his, um... base.
    The Shover: I knew you were going to embarrass me, Dad.
    Bogosorter: The Shover is, like, programmed to recognize rollerrat burrows.
    Bogosorter: So, like, if there are too many rollerrats in the area,
    Bogosorter: and The Shover sees a burrow, he sits on it, and, like, fumigates it, man.
    The Shover: You make it sound so dirty. It's beautiful and natural.
    Bogosorter: Uh, right, man. So, moving right along... ultrasonics.
    Bogosorter: Leets and rollerrats can't stand high frequencies, man.
    Bogosorter: Like rollerrats make high frequency noises when they're upset,
    Bogosorter: and, like, when they attack.
    Bogosorter: Unmodified humans only hear the undertones, man.
    Bogosorter: Like, to a rollerrat, a strong 22 KHz signal is like
    Bogosorter: a thousand screaming babies dragging nails across blackboards, man
    Bogosorter: So I had all this extra space in The Shover's torso, man.
    Bogosorter: And, like, I had this old, chewed up stereo.
    Bogosorter: So, like, I hooked up some speakers and a receiver inside The Shover.
    The Shover: I can pick up Gridstream!
    *The Shover makes a devil sign and begins nodding his head vigorously.*
    Bogosorter: Yeah, man.
    Bogosorter: So, like, I send an old-school radio signal of a simple 22 KHz square wave, man.
    Bogosorter: Like, if my computer model predicts a wave of rollerrats invading Borealis,
    Bogosorter: The Shover would just, like, stand in the way and broadcast, man.
    Bogosorter: The rollerrats would all run away, man. Like, in theory.
    Bogosorter: 22 KHz is, like, above what unmodified humans can hear, so it's all cool, man.
    Bogosorter: Well, I think that's, like, the state of the art in Android Assisted Wildlife Management.
    Bogosorter: I hope everyone learned something, man.
    Bogosorter: Any questions?

Thank you all for a wonderful and stimulating evening!
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix