Thread: OOC: Newland Elections

OOC: Newland Elections

Howdy all, just a brief message from your friendly neighborhood Events director regarding the Newland Elections coming up.

The time for the election is finally getting closer!

On the 20th of November, we will be holding debates between the mayoral candidates. On Atlantean, the debates will begin at 1600 GMT. On Rimor, they will start at 1900 GMT. These debates will be held at Neuters 'r' Us in Newland City and all neutral citizens of Rubi-Ka are invited so that they may learn more about the candidates and be in a better position to vote for the best person for the job.

If you have a question or specific topic that you would like to see covered in this debate, please e-mail it to newlandcouncil@ark.anarchy-online.com. Please include your play character's name.

After the debate is over, all neutral citizens will be able to vote! To vote, just send an e-mail to newlandcouncil@ark.anarchy-online.com with the subject line:

NLC (Dimension) Mayor Vote: (Your Character Name) votes for (Candidate Name)

For example, if I were voting for Tony Danza (he's not a candidate so don't send a vote for him or I'll have Regulas nuke you) on Atlantean, the subject line to my e-mail would be:

NLC (Atlantean) Mayor Vote: Nevarstiyeh votes for Tony Danza

The candidates for NLC mayor are:

• Dorosaua
    • Ernetta
    • Karall
    • Toog

You will have 72 hours after the debate is complete to cast your vote. A log of the debates will be posted here for those who weren't able to make the debate. Details about the plans for your direct participation in the debates will be available at the debate opening.
    Director Nevarstiyeh
    Events Team
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Contact the Events Department: events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com

Hey, Nevar.

Are non-neutrals allowed to watch? Or will we have to wait?
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

Oh I already know who I'm voting for....

/me casts ballot for Tony Danza

* bump becasue it's today! *
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Dammit, where's the log?

I missed the debate and it's totally pissing me off...
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Log from the Altantean dimension can be found at: Final Newland Mayor election debate
    Last edited by Destractor; Nov 21st, 2005 at 01:02:17. Reason: to say it was Atlantean log

Or for Rimorians, grab This transcript of the meeting.

Current polls on Rimor suggest Dante Karall to be leading by a mile, and while Dorosaua had been doing moderately well, her no-show today has allowed Toog to gain valuable ground.
    Last edited by Ms_Idoru; Nov 22nd, 2005 at 20:13:28.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

If you're still undecided on who to vote for check www.newlandnews.net for candidate reviews and interviews.

A vote for dante is a vote for excellante?

That scummy drunk is leading? Oh my, He's really going to help newland

"We've been hired to kill all neutrals"

"Woaaah, like dude, chill... Have a Da Beer"

"No"
    No human being on the face of this glorius Rubi-ka, no goverment is going to take from me my right to speak, my right to protest against wrong, my right to everything that is for the benefit for magekind.
    I am not here to be accused!
    I am here as the accuser of omni-tek dripping with blood from head to toe!

When Injustice Becomes The Norm, Resistance Becomes A Duty.

Muge "Gueve" Marxosis

Yes, but if they don't want a beer, Dante has Reets. Reets with lasers! Reets with frickin' LAZERS!
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

I tried sending an application email to the address in the listing but i got bounced. I've sent it instead to the event feedback address.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Juju, the adress in the transcript is one letter short, it says newlandouncil or so instead of newlandcouncil.

Try the link in Nevarstiyehs' post, that should work.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

The newlandcouncil@ark.anarchy-online.com address should work OK. Though if anyone does have problems with it, drop a message to me at events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com.
    Director Nevarstiyeh
    Events Team
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Contact the Events Department: events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com