Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Credit Exploit

Credit Exploit

Hi,

i just read the latest news about the latest credit exploit. Is that your solution FUNCOM ? Banning people ? That must be a joke since you dont fix anything - The only thing you do is removing people from your game because you messed it up again - and you constandly doing that over and over and over.

There is a simple point you dont get - you have a "sponsor a friend to get a free month programm" so you want our friends to play AO ? What happens if a friend gets banned or leaving AO ? I tell you ! His friends also leave AO - Instead of trying unprofessional monkey s-h-i-t wipe all the damn cash available in dimensions and tell people "great, you messed it up - now WE fix it.".

On Dimension1 i think no1 really cares about credits since you can simple buy 300 Mill on E-Bay for a dollar. Or when you start AO your 1st time you beg 3 other players to have your start-up mills.

Sorry, but banning people is the worst you can do. You dont fix anything, all you do is messing with peoples funfactor.

Regards,
    Itburnz

i disagree, if someones been exploiting, i want them gone, i dont want to play with someone whos been duping whatever.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Bah, defending people who cheated is almost as bad as cheating yourself. Finally funcom is doing something about these scumbags.

My applause to them for that...

Ban exploiters
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

On Dimension1 i think no1 really cares about credits

Then why did so many people exploit it?

Sorry, but banning people is the worst you can do. You dont fix anything

Funcom must ban exploiters if they hope to maintain any credibility.

Credits are easy to get in AO. If someone has to resort to an exploit to make credits is pretty damn lame.

Where can we read about what they were doing and who got banned?

And cheaters definitely should get banned. If their friends leave with them.... good.

Think about it. People cheating to generate bogus credits hurts everyone. It drives up the economy in a major way and that hurts all the legit players.
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

Yes ban all cheater, this is the game they know exploiting can ban them and tehy fail so ban them.

The only thing hurting me is that funcom can track exploiting credit from players to players but can't track all my item i lost in a ****ing tir crash

Labonne engin 133 rk2
    Labrutte enf 125 rk2
    and many more

The only problem that I have is now FC is going on a witch hunt to find all these duped and exploited credits...and they are going to ban anyone that has them...

From what I read, the majority of the exploiting was being done by guild leaders...so does that mean that all player that have recieved goods or items from their guild leader (if that leader was guilty) is going to get banned? How does FC think that it can determine who knew they were gettting the exploited credits? I mean, if you have a high level guild leader say 170+ and he gives you 5 million or so credits...would you think "Oh, these credits must be exploited, I better give them back..." I really don't think so. I see the bus driving this game straight to h*ll, and idiots are at the wheel.
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

Every game has a problem with cheating and there is only one way to deal with it. The harshest means possible. If they get away with it then I guarantee they would do it again as soon as they found another exploit.

These are the ppl in the world who steal wallets that they find on the ground instead of turning them in. Not to mention the skill-lessness to play any game with out cheating. Let them go cheat at EQ.

GJ to all you Massacre's out there.

I applaud Funcom for doing what they did. Dishonesty and greed.. tend to be a reality that many human beings cannot get away from.

The fact is that the Rules of Conduct were violated. Whenever you dont read the fine print.. you run the risk of falling to something within that very text.

Just because you "can" exploit.. does not make it right to do so. And by not telling the game developers about it.. you are doing more damage than you know.

If the exploit had been a way for people to instantly kill a player in a PVP zone etc. would you still support them staying in game?

Whether the exploit be something simple as credits or something as major as being able to receive 10 times the normal exp.. its still cheating and still against the code of conduct set forth by the very game we all spend hours upon hours playing in.
    Shattered Dreams
    http://www.shattereddreams.org

Where is the official post/page about this incident?
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

wtf does this have to do with Game Mechanics?

Ban spammers.

I'm just curious to find out who it was, so i can be aware and not recieve any illegal creds, i dont want my account under fire....

You guys have apparently not me Cloudeh the so called "Exploiter" If you have, then you would know he is cool guy, and doesn't exploit, as Funcom would have you believe.

First, you can't buy 300million credits for a dollar...

I just looked on Ebay and that is total BS.

I hope you're NOT suggesting they wipe everyone's bank account because of the juvinile actions of a few. I'd be pretty darn pissed if the cash I'd manage to scrape up dissapeared because of a few little creeps that never were taught the difference between right and wrong.

Are you actually try to tell us that because FC has a bug that allows you to do something that is SO obviously unethical it is THEIR fault if you take advantage of it? My GOD! Just how little responsibility does the individual have for their own actions in your opinion?

Ban them. Make sure you got it right but when you do, ban them...permanently.

Re: First, you can't buy 300million credits for a dollar...

Originally posted by Nelida

Ban them. Make sure you got it right but when you do, ban them...permanently.

That is the key...Cheaters should be banned, but I'm in doubt as to whether FC will follow the processes that need to be followed in order to make sure innocent players are not banned. I know that a long time back, like in November, a friend of mine had 200 million credits given to him by a mutal friend that was quiting AO. Neither of us knew if these credits where legal or not, but I do know that FC took the credits away from my friend claiming that because he was only lvl 30 he had to have bought the credits from EBay. They didn't even take the time to listen to the objections of what they were doing and when my friend sent multiple emails to support (because they never responded) he was then banned for harrassment....Thats FC's idea of justice.
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

I guess Itburnz used the exploit and is afraid of getting banned....

Originally posted by Miir
    I guess Itburnz used the exploit and is afraid of getting banned....

Yeah right, and the smart move then would be to make a post about it?

I know Itburnz, and he is not stupid at all, he is a nice guy, my guess is that he has lost a couple of friends that got involved into this.

Yes, ban sploiters, but in some cases they ban the wrong ppl, even if they did exploit, ppl have been known to be banned for an exploit they personally did infact report.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Ban the exploiters and disband the guilds they were a part of.

Block the IP's from the exploiters so they can't play again.

Report their IP to all the other MMO RPG makers so they can never play another MMO RPG again (as if this were do-able).

If they want to cheat, let them go play Soldier of Fortune or Half Life.

Ban the Exploiters . No questions about that . FC ... if you need help tracking them down then i will help :P

to recap this thread :

Ban Exploiters

anyone else lost ? I will gladly offer my help in spelling it out to u

Itzburnz ....... i dont know what to say to you man . Yeah somethings hurt , but in the long run , if u truely love the game , you will be better off this way .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast