Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: PvP ?

Rogi: have a nice cup of stfu. Go pester your family instead.
    'A fearsome enemy, that one friend who does not mirror but mocks when mockery is needed.'

Quote Originally Posted by Petaro
    Rogi: have a nice cup of stfu. Go pester your family instead.
    word.

awwww... group hug.

Win -- what's to win? Go outside, buy a chocolate bar, maybe you'll win a trip to Willy Wonka's factory. Stromm would end up in the garbage though

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamin
    That 140+ people on Tnet was a cause of good meetings we had prior to the wars this summer. Fighting in 3 different tower spots in two different zones.
    Omnis beeing led by someone who is not capable of leading a team mission.

The only times I've seen us getting beat is when you get more people then us, so zerg one way or the other ? Or are you to blind to see.

ive been to alot of battles where the numbers where never even, but they were close and omnis OR clans won, ive been to fights where numbers were even, we won and we lost, i still remeber a 20 minute mort fight @ a tranq 250 tower where we were outnumbered 2 to 1 and we won, the numbers were 45ish vs 80 ish, but that isnt what i consider zerging,

i consider getting every single noob pvper to be online at a certain date so you can zerg all towers that are hot in one day... after that day pvp in AO seem to of died, that wasnt fun, it was more like a desperate zerg of towers.

and to say omnis were being led by someone not capable of leading a team mission is just silly, you cant deny both sides have excellent callers and leaders pvp'ing.

edit typo
    Last edited by Dokalicious; Nov 11th, 2005 at 01:25:45.
    220/22
    Teh "Dokalicious"
    Unit Commander of Legion

Setup still working on it...

Quote Originally Posted by stromm
    but it is an abseloute falsehood to say that any time omni loses tara is because clan had more

...i guess people still dont realise the >fact< that clan numbers are higher overall then omnis, and when you guys offer points for pvp you get alot more people, omnicom offers points but the fact is most of the good and dedicated omni pvp'ers are gone and wont be back since AO is getting dull and repetative. so i dont know how the hell you expect 20 omnis (5-10 who actually pvp) to take 40 claners at a tara raid, because thats what the numbers are like during American time zones, you know me and ill go to any type of pvp regardless of my title or numbers, but just take a step back and look at the amount of omni pvp'ers and clan pvp'ers.
    220/22
    Teh "Dokalicious"
    Unit Commander of Legion

Well, if you are the spokes person of omni, I know why they are loosing.
    i agree, just because someone has a char on the omni side or clan side, doesnt mean what they say represents the attitude or oppinion of every other claner/omni.. alot of people seem to take it that way on the forums
    220/22
    Teh "Dokalicious"
    Unit Commander of Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Dokalicious
    ive been to alot of battles where the numbers where never even, but they were close and omnis OR clans won, ive been to fights where numbers were even, we won and we lost, i still remeber a 20 minute mort fight @ a tranq 250 tower where we were outnumbered 2 to 1 and we won, the numbers were 45ish vs 80 ish, but that isnt what i consider zerging,

i consider getting every single noob pvper to be online at a certain date so you can zerg all towers that are hot in one day... after that day pvp in AO seem to of died, that wasnt fun, it was more like a desperate zerg of towers.

and to say omnis were being led by someone not capable of leading a team mission is just silly, you cant deny both sides have excellent callers and leaders pvp'ing.

edit typo
    You remember which day this was ?

It was when omnis were attacking AvR's base in DAV, you went through SAV to get there, remember ?

Out of the blue I checked server usage and saw SAV beeing high, sent a tell to marxgorm, and hell, whaddya you, the moment I zone from SAV - DAV the attack message comes, and massinvite is sent.
    We decided to attack tranquility in EFP instead of defending, AvR lost the base in DAV, Tranq lost their base in EFP, you attacked back at Exile in DAV, we defended it, started on Ragnarok in EFP, started on Riders (who took AvR base) in DAV.
    I call it clever leadership by marxgorm and a couple of others.

This was all triggered by what ? Omnis attacking, it was the biggest tactical flaw ever in NW (except for wolfe screaming CRASH THE SERVER in PW).

That clan numbers went from around 70 in bot to 150 by the end of the day, guess everybody wanted a taste of sweet sweet victory.
    Biggest lie of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    Make clan PvP zerg-bot is destroy pvp-action in AO.

Tnx!

Quote Originally Posted by Dokalicious

edit typo
    The battle you mention was a counterattack to a very poorly executed omni offense, clan did reach sick numbers there during the course of the day, not denying that many of those prolly didn't know much about PvP, but it doesn't change for the fact that this was started through good leadership and the ability to motivate the clanners back into NW participation.

It's only natural that numbers keep growing on the winner-side, if PvP died for you and all the other lions simply because you are on the receiving end this time, though luck, shame you have no SB to blame this on ... but I see blaming it on "zerging" works just fine.

Funny enough you had absolutely no problem to make use of superior omni numbers/attendance back when omni took and hold all TL7 fields, but hey, the old days ... when lions were still lions and it was all about skill and didn't matter so much if you rather stacked damage instead of using a heal.

Omni will have their days again ... surely some of their leaders who doesn't constantly hug 75/100% gas will return from WoW one day.
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

You remember which day this was ?

It was when omnis were attacking AvR's base in DAV, you went through SAV to get there, remember ?

Out of the blue I checked server usage and saw SAV beeing high, sent a tell to marxgorm, and hell, whaddya you, the moment I zone from SAV - DAV the attack message comes, and massinvite is sent.
    We decided to attack tranquility in EFP instead of defending, AvR lost the base in DAV, Tranq lost their base in EFP, you attacked back at Exile in DAV, we defended it, started on Ragnarok in EFP, started on Riders (who took AvR base) in DAV.
    I call it clever leadership by marxgorm and a couple of others.

This was all triggered by what ? Omnis attacking, it was the biggest tactical flaw ever in NW (except for wolfe screaming CRASH THE SERVER in PW).

That clan numbers went from around 70 in bot to 150 by the end of the day, guess everybody wanted a taste of sweet sweet victory.
    Eh, it was when clan was attacking daily. Everybody expected clan to attack anyways. And the only reason it went that good for clan is because more clan showed up than omni, much more, which is something none really can know in advance. Had more omnis showed up that day and less clan, it could easily have gone the other way. So dont quite agree on the "Omnis attacking, it was the biggest tactical flaw ever in NW".

Quote Originally Posted by Myga
    Eh, it was when clan was attacking daily. Everybody expected clan to attack anyways. And the only reason it went that good for clan is because more clan showed up than omni, much more, which is something none really can know in advance. Had more omnis showed up that day and less clan, it could easily have gone the other way. So dont quite agree on the "Omnis attacking, it was the biggest tactical flaw ever in NW".
    It was the biggest tactical flaw looking back at it. You remember that instead of going to defend a base in war gas that guild continued attacking in DAV ?
    Omnis went on a second offensive against the Exile base in DAV, after both AvR and Tranquility had fallen.
    Some people were left in EFP to start on Ragnarok's base.
    Some people went to Old AvR base in DAV.
    Most people went to defend Exile in DAV, when that defense was done, it was a matter of time before AvR's base was back in our hands.
    Sorry, but I think I remember this better then you since I was the one running around disabling bases east and west.

Also, let's take a quick look on more tactical flaws omnis has done during the "Clan offensive".

In EFP, after taking down some base (I can't remember which), Ragnarok managed to attack the CT of the newly taken base.
    Clan rushed to Ragnarok's base (old MoK base) in EFP, took that down, Forsaken placed.
    Omnis rushed the newly placed CT, some random BoB member managed to attack the CT.
    Clan killed the Omni offensive, re-rallyed to BoB's base in EFP, and took that down.

Sorry, but your leadership is full of flaws, and I'm not saying that ours are perfect, we have been lucky to have people like Marxgorm and Luckie to say the least.
    And also a firm group of PvP'ers who at times have no problem with picking off your support units.

Omnis obviously placed all the seasoned PvP'ers in ONE guild, what happends when that one guild doesn't even bother to show up anymore because of what I can only call "titlehugging" ? You loose. It has been proven over and over again.

Tnx!

It was the biggest tactical flaw looking back at it. You remember that instead of going to defend a base in war gas that guild continued attacking in DAV ?
    Omnis went on a second offensive against the Exile base in DAV, after both AvR and Tranquility had fallen.
    Some people were left in EFP to start on Ragnarok's base.
    Some people went to Old AvR base in DAV.
    Most people went to defend Exile in DAV, when that defense was done, it was a matter of time before AvR's base was back in our hands.
    Sorry, but I think I remember this better then you since I was the one running around disabling bases east and west.

Also, let's take a quick look on more tactical flaws omnis has done during the "Clan offensive".

In EFP, after taking down some base (I can't remember which), Ragnarok managed to attack the CT of the newly taken base.
    Clan rushed to Ragnarok's base (old MoK base) in EFP, took that down, Forsaken placed.
    Omnis rushed the newly placed CT, some random BoB member managed to attack the CT.
    Clan killed the Omni offensive, re-rallyed to BoB's base in EFP, and took that down.

Sorry, but your leadership is full of flaws, and I'm not saying that ours are perfect, we have been lucky to have people like Marxgorm and Luckie to say the least.
    And also a firm group of PvP'ers who at times have no problem with picking off your support units.

Omnis obviously placed all the seasoned PvP'ers in ONE guild, what happends when that one guild doesn't even bother to show up anymore because of what I can only call "titlehugging" ? You loose. It has been proven over and over again.
    Well:

Quote Originally Posted by Marxgorm
    was a pretty one sided fight today IMO. omnies clearly knew we were hitting bases later in the evening so i assume the "attack is the best defence" card was pulled considering the online numbers. Luckilly we managed to pull off taking a base and keeping all attacked ones during the day, i want to thank all tnetleaders for this and our lovely fixers and engiewarpers, there was a lot of movment today :P
    This is what Marxgorm said after the battle you seem to refer to. Tactical blunder to attack? Maybe but one thing you should realise, you depend on your clansmen to show to win a battle no mattle how good your tactics are.

As for keeping attacking when clan attack in efp, what good would it do to move to EFP when there is 2x the amount of clan there. Might as well stick in DaV and do some damage to clan and make them use rest of the day to defend, regain and secure their DaV bases instead of attacking other omnis, instead of going to efp and waste time on what would be a sure loss. You assume to much. And RR base did not fall that night, btw.

And btw, Ragnarok attacking and opening a base is not a tactical blunder by a leader. It was the mistake of one person not realising what he did, at a moment when no RR leaders were online. It was probably same thing with BoB, but then again I don't know, I am not among them. Again, you assume way to much.

Yeah but just like the leaders that kept omni going, that are gone now, those 2 wont save clan forever. And I cant really say I ever seen clan dominate NW without those 2 present, like for instance earlier this summer when clan lost all 200+ bases again.

And lastly to you and Stromm, i want to say. I can admire opponents who can win and and still remain humble, but got no respect for cocky kids. But I guess, twice the pride, twice the fall. You seem to have forgotten omni dominated NW for more than a year, and all clan did was posting retarted "ITS ALL OMNI SB!" hexcuses, when the reality of it was that it was the omni tactic beeing superior at that moment. Guess all those TCOM spies eventually paid off huh?
    Last edited by Myga; Nov 11th, 2005 at 10:45:00.

Awwh, teh whine.

I know the losers' mood tho, I had the same a bit more than a year ago. Back in 2004 (no idea when, spring maybe? ), when Omni held almost all high QL bases in Mort, PW and EFP, I remember chattin with an Omni friend, telling me there were over 120 players online in their PvP bot (Tcom?) during NW activity, while we had maybe 30-40 in Nwnet.

Back in the days I really lacked motivation to do any tower PvP. I was the loser. I sucked a donkey's nuts. But hey, I got over it!

So, stop complainin, pauses in NW activity coz of the other side is "ZERGIN AND WINNIN SO BAD" have happened earlier. It's no big deal really. Just give it some time and try again, if it doesn't work, try again, and again, til you kick our asses. Or just /camp.
    Executing Nano Program: Shangri-La's - Leader of the Pack.
    Crevex + +

Omnis need to get their act together. Go have a massive meeting or something o.O
    Deviation
    Kayze

Applicant of Eternal Fury

╔╗╔╦╗╔╗ ║║╦╔╗║║
    ║║║║║║╗ ╠╣║╔╝║║
    ╚╝║║║╚╝ ║║╩╚═╚╝

Basicly what you are saying is that we used this so called Tcom spy to get new tactics ?
    Speaking of spies, didn't you get the biggest spy ? Filijokkus ?

Tnx!

Basicly what you are saying is that we used this so called Tcom spy to get new tactics ?
    Rolforspy ftw!!!111oneone
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Satenia
    Rolforspy ftw!!!111oneone
    Rolfor taught us how to pee!

Tnx!

words, talks...
    but i dont see now Mass PvP on server. No1 in last mounth! Ah sorry, - 1 is was. 40 omni vs 70 claners again.

No fun.

Edited: aopvp.com events is good. But it just sport but not war
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

i read all of that... lots of bias opinions and nerds
    calm down, its a game
    SilentSlash 220 Solitus Shade
    SilentSlashy 220 Atrox Shade
    Rarara 220 Solitus Crat
    Kinkypron 220 Solitus cyb0rEngi
    Nerfuuu 220 Atrox TS-Trader
    also FT. taxslash 200 crat / darkblu 150 fixer / freetrial 101 - fgrid biattch

I'm Back... again ^_^!

Quote Originally Posted by Myga
    And lastly to you and Stromm, i want to say. I can admire opponents who can win and and still remain humble, but got no respect for cocky kids.
    lol, there's so many things wrong with that statement I don't even know where to begin. I don't know how you call us 'cocky kids' when it's omnis like you who go around in the first place claiming to be better pvp'ers and that it's sheer numbers as to why you lose. If there's any childish behavior it's displayed by countless omnis making up excuses like that and cementing them in a side's mentality for over 2 years. For someone who does no casual PvP like yourself, your opinion on such matters like these is kind of irrelevant...if there's anyone who's out for an ego it's people who only do NW pvp once or twice a month and comment on issues like these all day on the forums.

I seem to get this reputation as some 'cocky pvper' when i've never bragged personally like Nashu and whenever omnis feel disgruntled that they can't brag without having an active pvp'er who knows the reality behind what is posted on the forums typically by omnis about 'why clan win' or whatever. If you've got a truth problem, then that isn't my issue. Are you supposed to be humble or something?
    Last edited by stromm; Nov 11th, 2005 at 14:49:51.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Quote Originally Posted by stromm
    l...
    I seem to get this reputation as some 'cocky pvper' when i've never bragged personally like Nashu ...
    Dont need to brag personally, just go look at your own posts and look at the stupid arrogant attitude in almost every single one of them including this one then you should realise why.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast