Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: GUI Skin: Notum Dovvetech 4.2

UPDATE 4.5a: I re added the npc chat color change, seems I got messed up with the bunch of textcolor.xml files I have. In textcolors.xml.skin it was added but not in the Notum one

Quote Originally Posted by Eilen
    [...] though may be I do something wrong today because once I active the new option -Shortcut bar- on the CC panel I just obtain in the bottom of the screen the picture of a right wing dock and that is all [...]
    Something went wrong when you installed the update of the skin.
    You are using an old version of the "GUIGFX.UVGA" and "GUIGFX.UVGI" files. Please look for them in the "Notum4.5a.zip" or "Notum4.5a.tar.gz" archive you downloaded an copy them to your "Anarchy Online\cd_image\textures\Archives\Notum4.0" folder, also ensure the UVGI file is selected in the launchers settings as described in the installation instructions step 6 to 12.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Ok, here's a strange thing......

After resolving the missing agg/def slider problem with 4.4 I upgraded to 4.5. All well, all shiny, all good.

The problem occured when I created a new toon. No slider there and to make things worse, slider gone from all other alts too.

So, what to do? Can someone identify the agg/def slider so that I can restore this without having to roll back to 4.2 (again) to enable it? Also, any ideas why only this item is missing on new toon gui? Lastly, why new toon creation would affect prefs on alts already saved correctly?

I love this skin but it's making my head hurt atm O.o

j/k great stuff truly.
    Last edited by primeb0; Mar 8th, 2006 at 21:22:02.

Angry Wtb - H E L P

Everything look great!
    - BUT -
    MY:
    - Wear
    - NCU
    - Knowledge
    - Faction
    - Freinds
    - Programs
    - Team
    - Mission
    Window WILL NOT show up can somone please tell me how to fix this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by primeb0
    Ok, here's a strange thing......

After resolving the missing agg/def slider problem with 4.4 I upgraded to 4.5. All well, all shiny, all good.

The problem occured when I created a new toon. No slider there and to make things worse, slider gone from all other alts too.

So, what to do? Can someone identify the agg/def slider so that I can restore this without having to roll back to 4.2 (again) to enable it? Also, any ideas why only this item is missing on new toon gui? Lastly, why new toon creation would affect prefs on alts already saved correctly?

I love this skin but it's making my head hurt atm O.o

j/k great stuff truly.
    Thus shouldn't happen and it had not done this to me nor have I heard stuff like that from my testers so I think its just something weired.

You may try the following:

1. Start up AO on the toon you're missing the item
    2. Press CTRL+SHIFT+F7
    3. In actions Tab click "Reload Menus"
    4. If this not works go to "DistValues" tab
    5. Scroll down to them and try to disable (state: "false") and then reenable (state: "true) the following items:
      • cc_left_bar
      • cc_left_wing
      • cc_right_bar
      • cc_right_wing
      • cc_menu1
      • cc_section1
      • cc_shortcut_numbers (You may want to disable this in the end)
    6. See if that works

Greetz Misa
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Quote Originally Posted by Narruto
    Everything look great!
    - BUT -
    MY:
    - Wear
    - NCU
    - Knowledge
    - Faction
    - Freinds
    - Programs
    - Team
    - Mission
    Window WILL NOT show up can somone please tell me how to fix this problem?
    Well this does not look like a problem which can really be caused by the skin itself, have you followed the install instructions completely? You may want to reinstall the skin from scratch.

Greetz Misa
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Thumbs up w00t

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0
    Well this does not look like a problem which can really be caused by the skin itself, have you followed the install instructions completely? You may want to reinstall the skin from scratch.

Greetz Misa
    Pfft! ya Mista0 actualy im aperson who doesn't like to read the rules word for word lol unril i saw i had to put it in the "Arnachy Online" folder so it would auto pput the fules becuase when i tryed puting in the fules myself it didn't register correctly lol
    Thanks Anyways though! ^^

[*]cc_right_bar[*]See if that works

Greetz Misa
    Setting this to false then true did the trick. Bar showing visible after relog too. Off to test whether this worked globally or not. Will update this post.

Update: yup, that seemed to work on other toons too. agg/def is visible again. Thanks for the assistance.
    Last edited by primeb0; Mar 14th, 2006 at 08:05:12.

Everything works fine except for links in info windows. I can get the IRRK Newsflashes to open when I click them from the chat window, but any links in the popup window won't work. Before anyone tells me to either check my default window or links in the boxes, I can already do that just fine on my froob account with the default skin. This is definately not a show stopper, just annoying and about the only problem I have come up with so far.

Thus shouldn't happen and it had not done this to me nor have I heard stuff like that from my testers so I think its just something weired.

You may try the following:

1. Start up AO on the toon you're missing the item
    2. Press CTRL+SHIFT+F7
    3. In actions Tab click "Reload Menus"
    4. If this not works go to "DistValues" tab
    5. Scroll down to them and try to disable (state: "false") and then reenable (state: "true) the following items:
      • cc_left_bar
      • cc_left_wing
      • cc_right_bar
      • cc_right_wing
      • cc_menu1
      • cc_section1
      • cc_shortcut_numbers (You may want to disable this in the end)
    6. See if that works

Greetz Misa
    This had happened on several of my chars, and when I got one fixed (totally by accident, not even sure what I did), then the others didn't work.

However, your steps above seem to have fixed it now... And they are pretty easy to do if it starts happening to me again. Thanks!

Teh skin roxxor. Up Up Up

Dovvetech rules... especially cause the original GUI skins have these massive buttons in the bottom corners of the screen.

Installed it - never changed to another again.
    I did like the GUI AI Skin mod for as long as I didnt know Dovve tho.

how do these new buttons in the bar work? or what do they do? couldn't figure anything out

oh and is there a way to avoid that all my chat colors reset when I install a new version of the skin?
    o.O

Does anyone have a download link for the original dovvetech skin? it seems you need this for all the menu info files (found in views and Actionmenu folder)

On the dovvetech website, the original file is a broken link
    thanks

No, you don't need the old Dovvetech for it to work, all is included, just follow the install instructions correctly and completely!

Also the original Dovvetech won't even really work with AO anymore, as it was made for the old version of the GUI.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Awesome job, only thing it miss is 2 or lets say 3 butons that move agg bar to 0%(full def), 50% or 100%(full agro), would love to have this 3 butons :P

UPDATE 4.5b
    There are now 3 different versions of the skin: The original one, a version with edged window borders and a darker style.
    Also smaller bugfixes are included and again the size of the package was reduced.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

I love this skin - big thank you to Misat for making it!

I have two questions though:

1. Is it possible to make a skin where you can move the agg/def slider, and the credit/ncu bar around like you can with the target/nano target bars? What about inverting the agg/def slider so that it is vertical maybe?

2. Does anyone know why this skin overall increases my fps?

/Av'
    Last edited by Avari; Apr 21st, 2006 at 17:24:19.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Thanks you love it - always nice to hear that

@1. As far as I know its not possible to make the Agg/Def/NCU/Cred-Bars. I startet a thread in suggestions forum, where I asked if FunCom would make a completely customizeable AO-GUI, you may want to support this, as your wish is included in such a GUI change. The same goes for making the Agg/Def vertical ... currently not possible, the same graphics files are also used for the option/mission sliders etc. as you may notice

@2: That may come due to the minimalism of this skin I tried to keep it as small and straight as possible, the same goes for the graphics file size, so this may also have a small impact on fps.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Like the thing about my fps a lot ^^

I've noticed other people like myself likes to use the ctrl+2 window to access perks without having to put them on the hotbar - now I've always been annoyed that these "buttons" for the perks are so oversized. Is it possible to minimize the window or is that a locked feature also like the sliders?

In the skin you've made there's also the additional "actions bar" that you can pop up from the bottom and push to execute perks and actions, but since this pops up in the middle of the screen it's not very useful Would be nice if it would go up somewhere in the rim of the GUI so you could have it open permanently and jsut push your perks over there

PS to FC - wtb every action able to be locked to a key a la WoW style - Would be sooooo sweet with the Logitech G15 Keyboard!
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast