Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252657 ... LastLast

Thread: GUI Skin: Notum Dovvetech 4.2

This may have been mentioned before, but is there a way to move the menu buttons on the bottom bar to the far left?
    Satertek 130/10 Doctor
    Cania 214/15 Shade
    Blizt 185 Froob GA4 Fixer

Okay, I'm having some problems with this skin.

I went to "Anarchy Online\cd_image\gui" and renamed "default" to "default1". I then added the "Notum4.0" folder to "Anarchy Online\cd_image\textures\Archives". Then I fire up AO, and go to "Settings" > "Advanced Settings" > "Choose Skin-file". I selected "Anarchy Online\cd_image\textures\Archives\ Notum4.0\GUIGFX.UVGI". I close the windows by clicking "OK" and log in. Once logged in this is all I get...

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...e/scrn0002.png

In addition to what is in the image, I can bring up my skills menu by hitting "U", but that is all.

Any idea's?

Re-read step 5 in the first post;

"Extract the archve "Notum4.4b.zip" or "Notum4.4b.tar.gz" to your "Anarchy Online" folder"

It automatically puts all the files in their correct folders for you.

Well, I don't understand why that worked, because the file still ended up in the same place that I already had it, but it did.

Thanks alot mate.

Since many ppl have problems configuring this.

Some of them mixed it with other skins so . it would be nice to make setup file
    and nice readme file with a lot of information. lets just say : support/help file

i dont think its possible to make simple Setup.exe file to install skin.

bump for best skin around.

best skin there is, takes me back to 2001 but I lub it.

peace
    cal2
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Really great skin. I won't go back.

Just started using this skin and I really like it. I am having a problem with the bottom bar, though (the one that has credits, etc). On a few of my chars it just doesn't show up, and it doesn't look like there is an option in the menus anywhere to turn it back on.

Anyone know of a way to fix this (even through manual editting of the prefs files)?

Major improvement

What a skin - just as I like it.

The original AO skin simply covered too much screen space imo.

This does the trick for me - and the Notum colors kick ass!

Keep it up!!

FAO Sabkor:

I had v4.2 of the skin in place for a while. On some of my toons the agg/def slider never really moves much (doc/fix for example) so they were set not to show the slider as standard. Other toons had it on show. Not a hassle as I could F10 and 'enable right bar' in the GUI options.

I went to 4.4 and found the space in the bar where the slider is expected to be. For the sake of appearance I thought I'd just restore it on all toons. Problem I found is that F10-GUI not longer showed the options to enable the left or right bars.

I looked quickly through the prefs.xml but was in a bit of a hurry so instead dropped back to 4.2, relogged the affected toons, enabled the bar & logged out. Relogged with 4.4 and bar is now displayed.

If I hadn't been in such a rush I'd have compared changes to prefs before & after 'enable right bar' so apologies for not being able to quickly pinpoint the item.

Would be nice if the dockable items could still be controlled via the GUI options or similar. OFC maybe it works differently on a clean install but I'm not wiping my current one to test that theory Hope this is a help & GL fixing it.

Based on the screenshot, it looks highly functional, but not too good in and of itself. Perhaps you could combine your ideas with the ARK GUI skins also here in the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkintent
    Based on the screenshot, it looks highly functional, but not too good in and of itself. Perhaps you could combine your ideas with the ARK GUI skins also here in the forums?

The ARK GUI Skinning project is only an eye candy modification.. but Notum Skin is a overall modification. It simplify the interface into a single bar rather than 2 wings on the left and right.

NPC chat text

My NPC chat text is very difficult to read.

Is there anyway to change it?

Many tks
    Good luck to everyone. I need it!

Chlem and friends

Finally (and I think some of you didn't belive this would ever happen ^^) 4.5 is out! (See first page and read the notice - don't tell me I didn't warn you! )

Have fun!

Chlem: This should also fix the issue with NPC chat.

Darkintent: I win't do this, see Amavenn's post

ZiricSinan: Setup would be nice, ou are right, I would think of some sort of "Skin manager" for AO to handle the different definition and gfx files for the skins, but I can't say if I have time for doing such a proggy the next time.

And I wanted to send out a "Thank you!" to all who helped users with issues they had, where I wasn't able to help in time!
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

A really great skin, Kudos to you.

I've been using JimFixit almost since its initial release, and switched 2 weeks ago to Notum Dovvetech, which i think i'll stick to for some long time. )

The only thing bugging me is that transparent border around the windows. You can't put 2 windows close one to the other without having that transparent border in between. Is there any way/plan on changing this ?

On a second note, the top-of-each-window bar (in which you got tabs in cases of several chats in same window, or the name of the window for Ctrl9,Ctrl5 etc...), is kinda too transparent (and/or too big, can't really define what shokes me) on my aste. I tried some different settings to fix that but none seemed to work. If anyone got a workaround to change this i'm buyer.

But theses 2 things are really minor, and you can really see how good a product is when you can't find more than a couple things that you'd like to see changed

Keep up the good work misat0, and thanks again

Stel
    220 Psiloaded Shade - Eqp - Perks
    220 Stelai Doctor - Eqp - Perks

- Nemesis -

I am using your skin since the first one, and so dl the update

though may be I do something wrong today because once I active the new option -Shortcut bar- on the CC panel I just obtain in the bottom of the screen the picture of a right wing dock and that is all

all the others functions of the gui are ok but that one so I wonder what is the problem

Thank you

here a pict of the result gui
    Amanza Advie lv 201 / AI 10
    Jezzabel Shade lv 211 / AI 10
    Eilenda Bureaucrat lv 212 / AI 10
    La Meute

curagiu un ti pianta
    vai, vai vai,
    dumane hà da cambia

Quote Originally Posted by Amavenn
    The ARK GUI Skinning project is only an eye candy modification.. but Notum Skin is a overall modification. It simplify the interface into a single bar rather than 2 wings on the left and right.
    That is exactly what I was reffering to, combine the two

I love this GUI. It takes me back to the young years of AO. Very nice work. I have one problem, though. The NPC chat in their chatboxes is black, which makes it hard to see. Did I do something wrong?

Pic: http://i2.tinypic.com/qp5743.png

Quote Originally Posted by Tussa
    I love this GUI. It takes me back to the young years of AO. Very nice work. I have one problem, though. The NPC chat in their chatboxes is black, which makes it hard to see. Did I do something wrong?

I used the default one from the 16.2 default folder, just for that reason
    Technology Breeds Anarchy

Do not walk behind me for I may not lead,
    Do not walk ahead of me for I may not follow,
    Do not walk beside me either, just leave me the hell alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussa

OMG teh powah of teh zearch buttonz!
    6E 61 6E 6F-6D 61 67 65-20 66 69 78-65 72 2C 20 77 61 72 72-69 6F 72 20-6F 66 20 63-79 62 65 72 73 70 61 63-65
    The immortal one is Love.
    The immortal one is Hate.
    The immortal one is me.
    Embrace me and i shall embrace thou
    _..-=>My guide for the fixer grid <=-.._
    gorkamorka!

Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252657 ... LastLast