Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232455 ... LastLast

Thread: GUI Skin: Notum Dovvetech 4.2

Holy crap, I love you. I've been missing the good old dovves skin since old ui was removed. you are the win!
    Your signature cannot be longer than 2000 characters including BB code markup.

Tons of chars and forum requires me to stop making new alts. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Lorna
    Hmm, haven't tried making the NCU window that small, but it is resizable, I make mine usually a bit larger - 4 wide by 4-5 deep - and that works.

My guess is you are tying to make it too small, the window probably has a min-width property, not sure (I haven't tried to create a skin), but I would guess that is possibly coded into the client... Rotating the text would probably be a FunCom task, so don't hold your breath.
    For some reason i have to use the right mouse button to resize, weird. I'm not sure how that switched, but i have to do that in my normal GUI now too. Any ideas?

Not sure, have you got the swapped mouse button functionaltiy enabled in the AO control panel?
    Lorna, 209/13 Trader on Die Neue Welt
    Jaegerin 220/21 Adenturer equip
    Yeuh 220/20 Doctor equip
    General of Midnight Syndicate

- Live long and prosper, but not at the expense of your comrades

Bump - best skin ever - thanks !

i agree, but i don't like the window tabs with the two little blue squares on each side of it. Looks kinda botched. I think the tabs should be normal. Other than that, great skin.

i downloaded it, and the mini tool bar wasnt showing even though i had it ticked, ill stick with Foxy's Gui, its uber.
    Punk
    Fixer/Enf/NT/Soldier/Doctor/Agent/Crat/Keeper/Engi

Quote Originally Posted by FunCom
    Preliminary Update Notes 16.2
    New Shadowlands Quests
    Mission info contains clear instructions to complete the quests
    will this pose a problem? im using an old version, dont like the rounded edges =P

im 100% sure it will mess up things in the current version of the GUI.
    hoping Misat0 will react fast
    6E 61 6E 6F-6D 61 67 65-20 66 69 78-65 72 2C 20 77 61 72 72-69 6F 72 20-6F 66 20 63-79 62 65 72 73 70 61 63-65
    The immortal one is Love.
    The immortal one is Hate.
    The immortal one is me.
    Embrace me and i shall embrace thou
    _..-=>My guide for the fixer grid <=-.._
    gorkamorka!

Really like this skin. I edited some of the scripts a bit, and added something I liked from my old skin, a little perk action menu. Also changed the main menu a bit and repositioned a few things: http://www.freewebs.com/moniker/scrn0465.png
    Hailing from Kirkland Washington
    Enfraam 217/21 NT
    10,000 levels

Quote Originally Posted by darthgedo
    im 100% sure it will mess up things in the current version of the GUI.
    hoping Misat0 will react fast
    Of course, I will, up to now, I haven't seen any problems so far.
    I'll also see to get the next version in line when the patch hits live.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0
    Of course, I will, up to now, I haven't seen any problems so far.
    I'll also see to get the next version in line when the patch hits live.
    i posted this before but could you add a modified version too, where the corners of the windows are not curved, coz i like the rectangular type (i cant express how mutch i hate the blue-curved-edged skin of winxp )

6E 61 6E 6F-6D 61 67 65-20 66 69 78-65 72 2C 20 77 61 72 72-69 6F 72 20-6F 66 20 63-79 62 65 72 73 70 61 63-65
    The immortal one is me.
    gorkamorka!

Nevermind, got it working. This has to be one of the best GUIs today, along with RaeSkin. Way good job of bringing the original thing back

Seems that the zip file is corrupted?
    Last edited by Firefoxmp; Dec 30th, 2005 at 03:55:22.
    Firefoxmp - 220/21/?? Nanomage MP
    Sloathe - 3X/2/?? Nanomage NT

Finally back from WoW! lolendgamecontent

Quote Originally Posted by darthgedo
    i posted this before but could you add a modified version too, where the corners of the windows are not curved, coz i like the rectangular type (i cant express how mutch i hate the blue-curved-edged skin of winxp )

Yes, I will do that, maybe in time with next "curved" version. Think I ve the old gfx lying around somewhere...
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0
    Yes, I will do that, maybe in time with next "curved" version. Think I ve the old gfx lying around somewhere...
    thx
    The immortal one is me.
    gorkamorka!

curved = good, square = bad. Dont listen to someone who plays a nanomage fixer, kthx

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by eaze
    curved = good, square = bad. Dont listen to someone who plays a nanomage fixer, kthx
    ^^ There'll be both versions, edged for the ones who like them and the curved for all who what it as far as possible like Dovvetech (like me)
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

I was 1/2 tempted to go back and see about retrofitting the original hacked AO skin (I think I kept archives of the photoshop files somewhere) until I saw this.

I really like this. Really. Using it now.

Except, the health/nano/xp bars are way too bright for me. I keep them centered in the middle of the screen for PvP and they plain hurt my eyes.

If you don't want to create a toned down version, np, I can go figure out how to hack things again, but figured I'd ask

What I'd like best is the current bars, but with a 75% or even 60% transparent black laid over them. Just to mellow them out like the rest of the skin.
    Last edited by Doctorhyde; Jan 3rd, 2006 at 06:07:14.

Just to have it clear, you're talking about the bars "normaly" positioned in the top left corner, not the ones in status windw, do you?
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Hehe 1 question How do you get that gui ? Where did you get it?

and When i did this Doove tech thingy i only got inv and Hot bar?

Got the 2 files uploaded one but dont know how to "install" it
    General of Unlimited High Society

Follow the instructions in the first post. they are very straight-forward.
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232455 ... LastLast