Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222354 ... LastLast

Thread: GUI Skin: Notum Dovvetech 4.2

Awesome work, Just getting back into the game and was hoping my favorite UI was still around
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

new version: 4.4b
    reformat

HF and greetz
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

OMG!
    i just saw a screenshot about the 4.4b, but it looks exactly like the old gui, gonna try it right now!

i just have a few suggestion: could you please release a modified version too, where the corners of the windows are not rounded, coz i liked the style of the first version of the gui you made, i liked the rectangular style
    Last edited by darthgedo; Nov 26th, 2005 at 07:21:23.
    6E 61 6E 6F-6D 61 67 65-20 66 69 78-65 72 2C 20 77 61 72 72-69 6F 72 20-6F 66 20 63-79 62 65 72 73 70 61 63-65
    The immortal one is Love.
    The immortal one is Hate.
    The immortal one is me.
    Embrace me and i shall embrace thou
    _..-=>My guide for the fixer grid <=-.._
    gorkamorka!

wow this gui looks great but sadly i can't seem to to get it to work. i followed the installations step by step. only the colors changed when i login. nothing shows up except the chat window and inventory when i press "I", and when i press "F10" i don't get the preference menu only the "quit to windows" and "quit to login" buttons

so any helpful people can better understand here's what i did:
    i followed misato's instructions and deleted the "default" file under "anarchy online/cd_image/gui" (made a backup just in case something like this happened) then i just dragged and dropped everything in the zip file into that folder and started up AO did the setting changes also. when that didn't work. i deleted everything and copied the default files back in, then one by one xml file i looked for it in the view, actionmenu, etc folders and replaced it with the new ones from the zip. when all was done i make a dovvetech folder in anarchy online/cd_image/textures/archives and placed the "guigfx.uvgi" file in that folder. logged on and changed the settings to use that uvgi. but still didn't work.

any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.
    Last edited by amadeusx1; Nov 28th, 2005 at 14:58:21.

Quote Originally Posted by amadeusx1
    wow this gui looks great but sadly i can't seem to to get it to work. i followed the installations step by step. only the colors changed when i login. nothing shows up except the chat window and inventory when i press "I", and when i press "F10" i don't get the preference menu only the "quit to windows" and "quit to login" buttons

so any helpful people can better understand here's what i did:
    i followed misato's instructions and deleted the "default" file under "anarchy online/cd_image/gui" (made a backup just in case something like this happened) then i just dragged and dropped everything in the zip file into that folder and started up AO did the setting changes also. when that didn't work. i deleted everything and copied the default files back in, then one by one xml file i looked for it in the view, actionmenu, etc folders and replaced it with the new ones from the zip. when all was done i make a dovvetech folder in anarchy online/cd_image/textures/archives and placed the "guigfx.uvgi" file in that folder. logged on and changed the settings to use that uvgi. but still didn't work.

any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.
    Don't drag'n'drop the contents to this subfolder, use your "Anarchy Online" folder instead as described in the instructions, do this while logged off! (if you're using Windows with zip folder support, right click on the archive and choose "Extract contents" or something (never used that ;p) or when using an archiver application open the archive with it and choose "Extract to..." or a similar option, then your "Anarchy Online" folder).
    Then choose the skin file as in the instructions, should work just fine if you're exactly following my instruction
    Last edited by Misat0; Nov 29th, 2005 at 01:10:39.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness

[ The Foolish Testers ]

thank you for this amazing GUI.. I leek foward to updates to this classic

As with the previous version, I adore this one.

However, I have a bug that only seems to happen on some of my toons. I can't get the bar to work on at least two of my toons, leaving me without a) no agg/def bar b) no idea how much credits I have. The curious thing is, it works with other toons perfectly. I've tried leaving the entire Notum Dovvetech options off, relogged and then tried put all the option on again. Nada. All I see are the little shortcut buttons to faction, perks, etc.

I used InternalGUI before this, and didn't log either of these toons I have trouble with when I downloaded and used the first version of Notum you provided here. Only after I started using this new version.

I'm very sure this is going to be one of the more popular GUIs in no time. (Probably is already.) It's very good for people like me with a 15" monitor and a 1024x768 resolution... if I could make a suggestion, once you get most of the bugs out and finalise the outlook of the GUI, perhaps you could make other colour options? I've spoken to a few people and they like the look, just not the dark colours (which I personally <3). :)
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragunn
    As with the previous version, I adore this one.

However, I have a bug that only seems to happen on some of my toons. I can't get the bar to work on at least two of my toons, leaving me without a) no agg/def bar b) no idea how much credits I have. The curious thing is, it works with other toons perfectly. I've tried leaving the entire Notum Dovvetech options off, relogged and then tried put all the option on again. Nada. All I see are the little shortcut buttons to faction, perks, etc.
    Did you try to switch on the "standard" checkboxes "Show left bar" (NCU/Creds) and "Show right bar" (Agg/Def)? They are on the left side under F10 -> GUI -> Control Center
    (not 100% sure about the path or the exact names, I'm at work and have to guess )
    o.O

There's no such option with the Notum Dovvetech, but yes, I've played with everything in that menu. I'm considering changing back to InternalGUI for a minute or two and then checking if those setting's help. More on that if I manage to get off my lazy bum.

Try ctrl+shift+F7 and on the second tab, scroll down and see if cc_left_bar has a true value. I had to turn it on this way in order to get the GUI to work for me.
    Technology Breeds Anarchy

Do not walk behind me for I may not lead,
    Do not walk ahead of me for I may not follow,
    Do not walk beside me either, just leave me the hell alone.

That did it. :) Thank you!

first screenie you blanked out your name but got yourself targetted ;o
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragunn
    [...] I'm very sure this is going to be one of the more popular GUIs in no time. (Probably is already.) It's very good for people like me with a 15" monitor and a 1024x768 resolution... if I could make a suggestion, once you get most of the bugs out and finalise the outlook of the GUI, perhaps you could make other colour options? I've spoken to a few people and they like the look, just not the dark colours (which I personally <3).
    Thank you!

I think the next will be final release of this GUI mod, with some "new" features and hopefully everything fixed for you all (44.b worked for me and my testers with no prob). But it'll in the current color only, just cause this is the style of "Dovvetech".

I'll make a version of the flat (previous) version of this gui with different colors, if I get some spare time
    Last edited by Misat0; Nov 30th, 2005 at 20:27:36.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

one word: Awsome, thank you for getting that old gui feeling back

To fix the problem with the missing gui parts when loggin in with toons the first time do:

1. Right-click here and choose "Save target as...".
    2. In the appearing dialog browse to your "Anarchy Online\cd_image\gui\default" folder and click "Save" and accept overwriting the existing file!
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Very nice one, keep doing that good job

Grand work on the new version, solved the grayed out bars which were the most annoying problem to me.
    I was thinking the one place were I would want improvement now is the agg-def bar. Having more ticks so I can better set it, or even better having a number there, would be awesome.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Excellent skin, only wish we could push the game-view across from the mini tool, like you could with the old gui.

Love that the bottom bar is back as it was, just missing the ping icon.

peace
    cal2
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I noticed the NCU window was not resizable. I would like it if not only I could be able to change it to 1 square wide and as tall as i need, but if it is possible, to put the "0/200" NCU #s vertically also, so i can read it with it turned sideways.

And this GUI rock, thanks

Hmm, haven't tried making the NCU window that small, but it is resizable, I make mine usually a bit larger - 4 wide by 4-5 deep - and that works.

My guess is you are tying to make it too small, the window probably has a min-width property, not sure (I haven't tried to create a skin), but I would guess that is possibly coded into the client... Rotating the text would probably be a FunCom task, so don't hold your breath.
    Lorna, 209/13 Trader on Die Neue Welt
    Jaegerin 220/21 Adenturer equip
    Yeuh 220/20 Doctor equip
    General of Midnight Syndicate

- Live long and prosper, but not at the expense of your comrades

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222354 ... LastLast