Thread: GUI Skin: Notum Dovvetech 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Aurron View Post
    I have a bit of a problem. When I used your Notum Dovvetech skin and logged on, I had some parts missing. I couldn't find my ncu bar or my money bar, and when I opened trade with vendors, it said "Failed to load GUI defintion" (or something like that). I tried to download the old skin back and replace everything, but now I'm stil having the problem with the Failed gui definition. Please help
    Make sure you followed the install instruction exactly. Especialy make sure you extracted the archives to the correct place, as it seem yau are missing the GUI-definition files at the place they need to be. (Make sure you have the updated Anarchy Online\cd_image\gui\default folder after extracting)

P.S.: The 17.1 update of the skin is completed internally and will be released on patch day. Will of course try to get in some of the requested changes until then.
    Last edited by Misat0; Jan 26th, 2007 at 12:24:14.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Preliminary 17.1 update notes:

• Stripped the not needed images for Mini-map-Dots from the skin
    • Stripped images from Notum and NotumEdged that are no longer used by AO or no longer need to be skinned
    • Stripped the altered Planet map markers
    • Redone the target marker graphics for Notum, NotumEdged and Dark skin
    • Redone the Log-in screen to reflect actual version and the Expansion supported
    • Added missing scroll-bar graphics to Notum and NotumEdged
    • Added background image for Item-slots to Notum and NotumEdged for better visibility of empty slots
    • Fixed several graphical glitches
    • Enabled changing on the previously not changeable Hot Key options due to the fixed Hot Key window in 17.1
    • Applied 17.1 changes of the GUI
    • You can now change the position of the menu to 4 different positions in the ingame options
      The downside of this is, that the Attack and Normal Actions Submenu (in the Other Menu) is only accessible if the Menu Position is set to Left Bottom.

I know I have been lazy updating Notum and Notum Edged on the last updates (I personally like the Dark ones more), but this should now be done.
    Last edited by Misat0; Jan 31st, 2007 at 11:40:35.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness

[ The Foolish Testers ]

I followed the instructions to the letter and my skin is now hosed. It has parts of the old original FC skin and is totally unusable. Whats going on?

Also when I click in the settings and go to the Archives folder it does not see the Notum4 folder even though it is there.

Is this supposed to be extracted into the Archives_ep1 folder now instead?

Any help appreciated.

[Edit]
    OK I fixed this by putting the Notum4 folder into all three archive folders. I would suggest maybe having a look at the install instructions on the first page and making sure it is still correct for Large Client with the new Lost Eden stuff.
    Last edited by Traceroute; Jan 31st, 2007 at 10:51:41. Reason: Problem Solved.

Switched to this GUI about a week ago, and so far I like it; thanks for making and keeping it up to date for the community!

A little thing I couldn't quite figure out (I tweaked some parts more to my liking, but couldn't find where this stretching is controlled): I'm playing in 1280x1024 fullscreen, but the loading screen appears to be stretched to 1600x1200 or thereabouts instead and applied to the 1280x1024 surface, thus it's off center and the right and bottom edges are off the screen.
    Not a big deal, really, just looks a bit odd.

(In case it was addressed somewhere in the previous 21 pages of this topic, sorry about asking again; please direct me to the relevant post.)

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Traceroute View Post
    [...]
    OK I fixed this by putting the Notum4 folder into all three archive folders. I would suggest maybe having a look at the install instructions on the first page and making sure it is still correct for Large Client with the new Lost Eden stuff.
    They are still correct. I have just done a reinstall of the skin with the 17.1 version and it worked perfectly. Did you really select the correct folder in the launcher settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    [...]A little thing I couldn't quite figure out (I tweaked some parts more to my liking, but couldn't find where this stretching is controlled): I'm playing in 1280x1024 fullscreen, but the loading screen appears to be stretched to 1600x1200 or thereabouts instead and applied to the 1280x1024 surface, thus it's off center and the right and bottom edges are off the screen.
    Not a big deal, really, just looks a bit odd.[...]
    The stretching comes from AO it self an is not controlled within the skin. Noticed that too and have already redone the logon screen for 17.1 where no images are in the corners so it should look fine on all resolutions *hopefully* )
    Thanks for mentioning it anyways!
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0 View Post
    The stretching comes from AO it self an is not controlled within the skin. Noticed that too and have already redone the logon screen for 17.1 where no images are in the corners so it should look fine on all resolutions *hopefully* )
    After a bit of testing, I realized that there's nothing wrong with the stretching, but the image is displayed with a +20 pixel vertical offset (at least at 1280x1024, I can't test at 1600x1200).
    So if you want to keep the current loading screen layout, just shift everything upwards by 20 pixels, and it will appear centered at this resolution.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

She said she already redid the logon screen.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Maybe I'm just really dense but I don't see a button to bring up the vehicle menu. Under the "char menu" i see research, but not vehicle.
    So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory

So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path

Thanks for the Gui and all your effort.
    Last edited by Zhakkari; Feb 3rd, 2007 at 10:25:16.
    /afk
    ^¿^
    Zhakkari 219/16 Doc...not fun to play
    Cyappu Retired 201/7 Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Jolos View Post
    Maybe I'm just really dense but I don't see a button to bring up the vehicle menu. Under the "char menu" i see research, but not vehicle.
    The Vehicle button can be found in the Other Menu.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Quote Originally Posted by Jolos View Post
    use Shift-V combo for that
    6E 61 6E 6F-6D 61 67 65-20 66 69 78-65 72 2C 20 77 61 72 72-69 6F 72 20-6F 66 20 63-79 62 65 72 73 70 61 63-65
    The immortal one is Love.
    The immortal one is Hate.
    The immortal one is me.
    Embrace me and i shall embrace thou
    _..-=>My guide for the fixer grid <=-.._
    gorkamorka!

Preliminary 17.1 update notes:

• Stripped the not needed images for Mini-map-Dots from the skin
    • Stripped images from Notum and NotumEdged that are no longer used by AO or no longer need to be skinned
    • Stripped the altered Planet map markers
    • Redone the target marker graphics for Notum, NotumEdged and Dark skin
    • Redone the Log-in screen to reflect actual version and the Expansion supported
    • Added missing scroll-bar graphics to Notum and NotumEdged
    • Added background image for Item-slots to Notum and NotumEdged for better visibility of empty slots
    • Fixed several graphical glitches
    • Enabled changing on the previously not changeable Hot Key options due to the fixed Hot Key window in 17.1
    • Applied 17.1 changes of the GUI
    • You can now change the position of the menu to 4 different positions in the ingame options
      The downside of this is, that the Attack and Normal Actions Submenu (in the Other Menu) is only accessible if the Menu Position is set to Left Bottom.

I know I have been lazy updating Notum and Notum Edged on the last updates (I personally like the Dark ones more), but this should now be done.
    Is the download available on the first page version 17.1, or...?
    Last edited by Mekh; Feb 6th, 2007 at 16:15:00. Reason: Edited question for clarity
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by louisecyphre View Post
    <3 this skin and <3 misato
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Is the download available on the first page version 17.1, or...?
    No. These are preliminary notes, this version of the skin will be available when the game servers go down for the 17.1 game update.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Thumbs up

No. These are preliminary notes, this version of the skin will be available when the game servers go down for the 17.1 game update.
    kk... Can't wait...

Thx for the awsome work you've made in that skin...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

I've been getting the problems that alot of people seem to have gotten. when I installed (Yes, I followed the instructions exactly) I could only see my chat window and nothing else, the main bar in the bottom of the screen is missing. When I try to open a shop or do a shift+left click on somthing I get an error message. I uninstalled, reinstalled, moved the folder into diffrent places, I did everying short of a full AO reinstall.

A shame, this looks like a very nice GUI.

UPDATE 17.1 available

Please download to get the new 17.1 features
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

For Dark Mini only:

4.17.1.0b
    • Removed window borders from the Dark Mini Skin to allow even smaller GUI setups
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Quote Originally Posted by elfroobo View Post
    I've been getting the problems that alot of people seem to have gotten. when I installed (Yes, I followed the instructions exactly) I could only see my chat window and nothing else, the main bar in the bottom of the screen is missing. When I try to open a shop or do a shift+left click on somthing I get an error message. I uninstalled, reinstalled, moved the folder into diffrent places, I did everying short of a full AO reinstall.

A shame, this looks like a very nice GUI.
    Also looks like the tool you used for extracting the archive did place the folders wrong. The folder structure in the archive needs to stay intact when extracted. You should seek for an option like "Keep folder structure" in the extract dialog of the program you use.
    If you still have problems, please let me know which program you use, so I may have a look into it.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast