Thread: GUI Skin: Notum Dovvetech 4.2

Thanks for the direction Misat0. Unpacked, changed the mouse files and recompiled, worked great. Love your work, looking forward to the next revision

We need a new version tomorrow for the new option in option menu
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    We need a new version tomorrow for the new option in option menu
    Done ;oP

UPDATE 4.16.4.0a
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Note that the old version does not work after the patch! For instance, the planetmap doesn't open. So you must install the new version.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

If you want to keep an old version of Notum Skin for some reasons, read in this thread how to fix at least the planet map issue.

Btw. this will not give you the new config window options.
    For those you may download any of the new skin versions and unpack the contained Root.xml to your Anarchy Online\cd_image\gui\default\OptionPanel folder, replacing the old one.

~Greetz
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness

[ The Foolish Testers ]

First I want to say thank you for working on and improving the ingame GUI. However, I have tried 4 times to get my planet map feature to work.

I have deleted the default folder with all of its contents and downloaded and installed the newer version of the Darkmini4. I have followed all the steps listed and I still cannot get my planet map to come up.

I looked at the variables.xml and it had the proper text from the other thread. I am not sure what to do at this point to correct the problem I am having.

These are the steps that I am following:

1. Delete the default folder in c:/ Program files/ Funcom/Anarchy Online/cd_image/gui
    2. Downloaded the new version from this thread
    3. Unzipped the Darkmini4 and installed it to c:/ Program files/ Funcom/Anarchy Online
    4. Start up the client and select the settings tab.
    5. General Settings/choose skin/select the GUIGFX.UVGI
    6. Press OK
    7. Start up client and still no planet map.

Any help that you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Linkee 220/21 Omni, Atrox Fixer

The first to not be first at anything....

For NotumEdge4 did you mean to move the menu buttons on the bottom bar back to the middle? The far left worked much better.
    Satertek 130/10 Doctor
    Cania 214/15 Shade
    Blizt 185 Froob GA4 Fixer

I figured out what my problem was, so no need for a response.

Thanks again
    Linkee 220/21 Omni, Atrox Fixer

The first to not be first at anything....

Got a little bug in 4.16.4.0 DarkMini.

When I select Shortcut Bar Numers, I get the right wing graphics from the default skin were the numbers should have been.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Attempting to recover the default AO skin...trying to download the zip file and it says not found! Please fix.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Satertek_ View Post
    For NotumEdge4 did you mean to move the menu buttons on the bottom bar back to the middle? The far left worked much better.
    I'll upload the files for both positions tommorow.

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex View Post
    Got a little bug in 4.16.4.0 DarkMini.

When I select Shortcut Bar Numers, I get the right wing graphics from the default skin were the numbers should have been.
    Weired as it works on my site (I personaly use DarkMini). Please check if you have chosen the right GUIGFX file in Launcher options (If you had an older version installed which had no shortcut bar numbers included ... any version prior to 4.5). If this is not the case I'll have to look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by _Shadowslave_ View Post
    Attempting to recover the default AO skin...trying to download the zip file and it says not found! Please fix.
    Fixed.
    (Please post what you didn't like on the skin if you won't mind. Comments are always welcome!)
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Love how prompt you were about updating it. :-)
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0 View Post
    Fixed.
    (Please post what you didn't like on the skin if you won't mind. Comments are always welcome!)
    OMG! are you kidding? I'm still using your skin, I love it! I just noticed when I updated to your newest version the default skin was no longer in the GUI folder (like how before we had to rename it or whatever). I just wanted to download it so I'd have it ready in case I ever needed it.

I <3 your skin! Thank you so much for your hard work keeping it up to date for us!
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Satertek_ View Post
    So, I changed this a little, the middle position is now default on all versions but can be changed to left real easily. Here are the instructions I also inserted in the first post.

NOTE: When you already downloaded 4.16.4.0a you need to re-download it before performing the following steps!

Change position of menu buttons
    Perform these steps if you want to move the menu buttons on the bottom bar from the middle to the left:
    1. Open your "Anarchy Online\cd_image\gui\default\Views" folder.
    2. Delete the file "ControlCenter.xml".
    3. Rename the file "LeftMenu ControlCenter.xml" to this: "ControlCenter.xml".
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

The text font size in all the information dialogs has gone smaller again. I recall this happened with an earlier release too.
    Ainen 220/21 Enforcer RK1- OutmodedWear

Ensign - Ankari'Sinuh: skjfhka!
    Field Support - Cha'Khaz: skjfhka!

My post applies to Darktech Mini:

In skill window ("U") buttons "save" and "cancel" were moved to the top line. This rocks.

However, in minimized view of this window, those buttons are still on top and, as a result, whole (minimized) window is wider than it should, producing graphic errors. Is is possible to move "save" and "cancel" buttons somewhere else (like to the bottom or th the separate line on the top) *only* in minimized view?

Regardless, this skin rocks as usual.
    Kirke Issica Rafael, chief ninjal33ter of Omlety, nano uber advy.
    Lady Gniewica, nano PVP trader.
    Seppun Rumiko Sama, nano s10 crat.
    Tradycja Konwencja Technokracja, nano firstchar NT.
    Wojownicza Kruszynka Zaglady, nano mongo4life enfo.
    Nano shade of doom still pending.

Omlety, jedyna polska organizacja na RK2 po stronie Omni, rekrutują! Zapraszamy na forum.
    ...and yeah, OmniTek protects.

i would absolutely love it if you could put some sort of light image in the background for the inventory slots on the regular darktech, maybe something like on the mini darktech. its *extremely* difficult to keep track of joker glyphs, arcana glyphs, and chosen/faithful insigs (which have a pure black square icon) in an inventory with plain black spaces =( and as an engi i do a lot of t3 tradeskills, sucks hunting around empty spaces looking for an item i cant see ;o

any update to this would be welcome =) im probbly not the only one who wouldnt mind seeing it happen <3

Overall I love this GUI! I have been using it for a while and have settled with the Darkmini as my favorite. Thanks for providing it and keeping it updated.

As I know you always ask for feedback, I just wanted to offer a little of my own on the latest version.
    1) When you use GMS and get a shopping cart on your "P" map, the cart icon is now very light blue (instead of white) and VERY difficult for me to find. I have a hard time seeing that thing EVERY time now.
    2) I really liked the old crosshair target when hovering over enemies, and the new one is very ugly in my opinion. I have the same opinion about the new "use" icon when lockpicking, opening chests and such. I do not like this change.

As with anything, if you don't agree, or others don't I will get used to them and learn to love it. =) Thanks again!
    Mr. "Porta" Pottie - 220/19/59 Opifex Kingpin
    Mr. "Chewon" Somathis - 217/17/58 Brute Savior
    Many, many other alts... none worthy of mention yet...

General of Omni SV-9 an OT org on RK-1, part of Call of Fate, a multi-MMO guild.
    First 220 Fixer to play AO on my computer!

Is there any way to increase the size of my HP-bar in the MiniSkin?

I would like it to be about as long as the HP bar of my currently selected
    target on this picture http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/1121/tinygh2.png

I have encountered something weird. As I was following the steps to update my GUI at long last since the patch I followed the steps described in the first post of this thread to first restore the default skin, and then to download and install the DarkMini skin. Now I get an error message after accepting the EULA that reads:

"One or more files seems to be corrupted or missing. Click OK to restore the file(s), or Cancel to Quit"

I tried clicking OK, then the AO Patcher starts and it looks for a file, but in the end gives me another error message that this file can not be obtained from the server.

Please help!

Edit: I reinstalled AO and that solved the problem ofcourse, but if you could provide any info on how this could be avoided in the future for others I'd still be interested in your take on it.

Ohh, and thanks for a great skin and great work updating it
    Last edited by Avari; Oct 31st, 2006 at 11:35:02.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast