Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OTPC - New Terrorists in Town?

Why does'nt this type of thing EVER occur to Clan cities?

Only happens to Omni's.

More FC Clan favoritism...

make it a little fair, we take all the blows and Clan gets all the rewards... No events where something happens to a Clan official/city unless it's a big promotion/facelift

Yes I know I'm ranting, but this is a ROLE PLAYING game, but does'nt seem much like it if it's always one sided in story mode...
    Last edited by malewerecat; Nov 11th, 2005 at 23:09:05.

Uhm... Ever hear of Tempus Coma? They held the Council hostage (and killed a few people there) for almost a whole meeting, invaded Old Athen several times and was eventually dealt with in Elysium.

Get your head out of the sand and go ask the Omni Tek Board of Directors what they're doing about that.
    Last edited by Astera; Nov 12th, 2005 at 17:25:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    It seems security wasn't LAX, as you say... but yeah, you do have a point. Trouble is, it just seems we can fill Rome Red with top-of-the-line Unicorns and have Aztur on our side and it wouldn't do squat.

Wait a minute...

Who's "them"?
    Them.. The Omni who tried to stop the Mages from the task at hand..

Omni should learn from this..

Don't get in our way..

~Bloudless
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Possibilities:

1) It was probably some sort of gang retaliation.

On the other hand, there are Omni-Tek employees who are 'low level' in appearance only and this person may have been one, hence:

2) Outside force taking out key cog in the Omni-Tek machine

3) Zora cleaning out problem individuals, perhaps as might also be the case with Kappel....

Quote Originally Posted by Astera
    Uhm... Ever hear of Tempus Coma? They held the Council hostage (and killed a few people there) for almost a whole meeting, invaded Old Athen several times and was eventually dealt with in Elysium.

Get your head out of the sand and go ask the Omni Tek Board of Directors what they're doing about that.

Those are Neutrals, what they do is their buisness, stop blaming it on us and get YOUR head out of the sand. The Board of Directors have nothing to do with Neutral groups, Neutrals are a seperate faction From OT and Clan.

Quote Originally Posted by malewerecat
    Those are Neutrals, what they do is their buisness, stop blaming it on us and get YOUR head out of the sand.

And the nanomages killing people in Rome?

Which particular faction do they owe their alleigance to?

I don't recall it ever being stated that they were Clan.

You cannot complain about this happening only to Omni cities, only to shoot down the first rebuttal that it occurs to the clans too with a claim that "well, they were neutrals doing it".
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Pertaining to what I've seen, the leader (Skincrawler) is

Level : 182
    Breed : Nano
    Faction : Neutral (not clan as you should notice so no pointing fingers)
    Profession : Meta-Physicist

(nano meta = nanomage melee users?)

General of The Nanomage Liberation Front

According to their description they are angry at "notum exploitation." Perhaps a demonstration against Omni-Tek mining corporations instead of terrorist acts against Omni-Tek?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Pertaining to what I've seen, the leader (Skincrawler) is

Level : 182
    Breed : Nano
    Faction : Neutral (not clan as you should notice so no pointing fingers)
    Profession : Meta-Physicist

(nano meta = nanomage melee users?)

General of The Nanomage Liberation Front

According to their description they are angry at "notum exploitation." Perhaps a demonstration against Omni-Tek mining corporations instead of terrorist acts against Omni-Tek?

Except that these ones aren't affiliated with the NLF from what we can discern...

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Idoru
    And the nanomages killing people in Rome?

Which particular faction do they owe their alleigance to?

I don't recall it ever being stated that they were Clan.

You cannot complain about this happening only to Omni cities, only to shoot down the first rebuttal that it occurs to the clans too with a claim that "well, they were neutrals doing it".

I don't recall ever saying they were clan, like it or not, some neuts are going to hate OT, and some are going to hate Clan, and show it in their own way. What they do is their buisness.

Except that these ones aren't affiliated with the NLF from what we can discern...
    True, but still su****ious.

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I'd say it's worrying.

Do we really need more groups with a similar agenda to the NLF?

FREE BOREALIS!!!

<agrees with Ms. Idoru>

I've been thinking about this a lot -

Why bother fighting a war when your enemy's soldiers just revive themselves? Perhaps win by intimidation?

Exclamation

Greetings this is Omni-Pol affiliate Roland Mackenzie. As of now we have no current leads on this case but the information and theorys you people have provided have helped ALOT. I infact had no idea of this attack till a hour ago. If anyone has ANY leads or evidence then please open a comm link with me /tell Fozuton (Rimor). And just incase some of you think CEO Zora did this.....we dont kill people we dont need. We arent a "Gang" we are a corperation. When we no longer need some one we fire them and take them from the payroll not fire AT them.
    TFK RULES o.O

Quote Originally Posted by fozuton
    Greetings this is Omni-Pol affiliate Roland Mackenzie. As of now we have no current leads on this case but the information and theorys you people have provided have helped ALOT. I infact had no idea of this attack till a hour ago. If anyone has ANY leads or evidence then please open a comm link with me /tell Fozuton (Rimor). And just incase some of you think CEO Zora did this.....we dont kill people we dont need. We arent a "Gang" we are a corperation. When we no longer need some one we fire them and take them from the payroll not fire AT them.
    Is this a confession to the slaughter of the bureaucrat? Inquiring minds want to know.

In my opinion Nanomage extremism is like any extremist cause. Several groups may share similar agendas and doctrines, but some are more extreme than others.

FREE BOREALIS!!!

I'd say it's worrying.

Do we really need more groups with a similar agenda to the NLF?
    and
    In my opinion Nanomage extremism is like any extremist cause. Several groups may share similar agendas and doctrines, but some are more extreme than others.

Ok, now I'm a confused 'Trox.. so what else is new?

The really amusing thing about extremist groups is that they're so similar, even when they vehemenently fight each other.
    If that can be called amusing, I don't mean to belittle the grief they all cause.

I mean, NLF killing anyone they even think are involved in mining, some OT group killing/harassing neutrals citizens to "fight NLF", some Clan harassing/killing neutral citizens (also ostensibly to "fight NLF") or any OT group or Clan harming the other side's noncombattants "for the better of Rubi-Ka".
    They're all de****able to me. But apparantly it's safer to lash out at the defenseless.

I may be a simpleton, but I prefer my enemies to come for me and not hurt some little kid, if they wish to fight.

Anyway, I still say that it's much too early to say who did perpetrate this crime, some terrorist group or a counter-terrorist group or some stimgang.
    It's going to be fun to see the outcome of the "investigation" - is going to be the horrid NLF or the bad clanners this time?
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Skyjester
    And Ms Idoru, Zora has already made at least one appearance, as I was present then.

Really? When did this happen? Was it at one of the Omni affiliate meetings? Because I've heard nothing about him on irrk since his initial announcement over the Omni PA system.

FREE BOREALIS!!!

((Additionally, this thread is hurting my brain. I posted a reply quoting an earlier thread and it just got posted immediately after that thread. For some reason. Even though I have my display set to chronological.))

But anyway, has anyone been keeping up on IRRK? Seems Clanners know how to deal with these guys better than Omni.
    Last edited by Ms_Idoru; Nov 18th, 2005 at 05:31:13.

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Is this a confession to the slaughter of the bureaucrat? Inquiring minds want to know.

How can you think this is a confession? No this is NOT a confesssion... This is me asking for any and ALL information on the people involved of the killing of this Omni-Pol administrator
    TFK RULES o.O

Quote Originally Posted by fozuton
    How can you think this is a confession? No this is NOT a confesssion... This is me asking for any and ALL information on the people involved of the killing of this Omni-Pol administrator
    So, the conspiracy theorists are coming out of the woodwork?

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast