Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OTPC - New Terrorists in Town?

OTPC - New Terrorists in Town?

New Terrorists in Town?
    November 7, 29479 - Jesah Triloni

OTPC - Unknown nanomage gang murders Omni-Tek employee in Rome Green District.

An unknown melee wielding gang infiltrated Omni's Rome Green a few days ago in what was described as a professional hit. The target of these assassins was a low ranking Omni-Pol administrative Bureaucrat named Gawindin.

The gang members, all wearing like apparel were carrying melee weapons and displayed military like moves as they sought their target. Several local citizens tried to divert them from their task which sent them quickly to reclaim. After regrouping, other civilians made their way to Rome-Red where this gang retreated into the grid after coming under massive attacks by both the citizens of Rome and the OTAF guards.

It was noted by some that witnessed the incident that all the terrorists were Nanomages. While the Nanomage Liberation Front denied any involvement in this incident, one of their leaders Skincrawler stated that "they most likely deserved what they got" and that he would "claim alliance with all Mages!".

Any one sighting this gang is asked to contact Omni-Pol immediately. Citizens are also warned to use caution as the motives of these terrorists are unknown.
    Last edited by Editor: OTPC; Nov 7th, 2005 at 22:59:53.

I love that. Nanomage are supposed to be intelligent, but these people are killing each other for their own good. Nice one.
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

Intelligent beings can still commit murder if they believe the ends justify the means.

If the termination of one life is necessary for a purpose to be achieved, the logic is not at fault in any way.

What that end is, remains to be seen.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

I remember reading somewhere that Rome was deemed "the safest place to live." I guess that's true no longer

And I guess it's time to watch my Opi butt
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Certainly looks like Omni security was somewhat lax on this occasion, doesn't it?

Did they all escape? Or were any arrests made?

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Idoru
    Certainly looks like Omni security was somewhat lax on this occasion, doesn't it?

Did they all escape? Or were any arrests made?
    Several local citizens tried to divert them from their task which sent them quickly to reclaim.
    It seems security wasn't LAX, as you say... but yeah, you do have a point. Trouble is, it just seems we can fill Rome Red with top-of-the-line Unicorns and have Aztur on our side and it wouldn't do squat.

Wait a minute...

Who's "them"?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I am a neutral terrorist...
    Edis - Level 220 AI29 - Atrox, Keeper.
    Azazel0 - Level 220 AI17 - Solitus, Adventurer.
    Deadbaby - Level 216 AI20 - Opifex, Agent

Hm...
    Interesting...I'll keep my eyes out on my little visits to Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    Who's "them"?
    "Them" would very likely be the citizens who interfered with the hit as
    where this gang retreated into the grid
    seems to imply that the gang escaped alive.
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

That was how I saw it, too. Implying these people were highly skilled professionals. You don't normally walk into Rome, kill an Omni administrator, and walk out again. You especially don't do it in groups, even the Ross shooting had to be performed by a single individual infiltrating the area and remaining out of sight of the guards until taking the shot.

An important question would be, why a low ranking one? If they could pull something like this off why not wait till Zora's first public appearance and take a shot at him? Or is this the most crucial part of terrorism, taking out the little, unimportant people just because you can, to spread fear among those with no means of defence?

FREE BOREALIS!!!

I personally don't know too many Nanomage melee individuals, perhaps MPs or Docs (have seen NM enfos and sols!) but a whole gang in Rome?? Yes skilled indeed...
    Melee Adv Yunlong, (220/20) -6th Hokage- Equip Can selfcast 220 Dragon, without MP or Trader Pic
    Ranged Adv Yunzu, (143/5) -Lil'Clip- Equip Soloed CDR / equipped Jepp at 107 with no Combined Armor

General of Riders of the Lost Org
    "Like a true nature's child, we were born, born to be wild. We can climb so high, I never wanna die!" - Steppenwolf

Nanomage Liberation Front perhaps?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Untill they make them selves known with some kind of agenda I think it is a bit early to proclaim them terrorists.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Yeah, I agree with Twistshot.
    It's far too early to attribute this incident to this, that or the other group and stick labels on both the action and the perpetrators.

While indeed the purpose of terrorism is to terrorise - and this could be seen in this light by people with an agenda that needs supporting by just such a bunch of "opponents" - there's also the possibility that this is simply a gang of criminals taking care of some business. I've quite often come across various gangs, heck I hunt them down, and those people have a rather direct way of handling grievances.

Not to mention, if someone in OT wanted to perpetuate the war and rally support then a nice little attack like this could be used to such an end - and then hitting a low-level employee would cause an uproar but not disrupt anything majorly important to OT.
    That method has been used time and again through history by callous peolpe.

There's a whole range of options to pick from.. although I doubt very much that OT security will eplore very many of them, if history is anything to go by.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

It may not be an agenda as you think, right now everyone is still on edge with Mr. Ross still down and his replacement still a relitive unknown factor. Everyone is going to be quick to jump to conclusions and jump on the band wagon.

I have always held a fairly low opinoin of press agencies because of their tendancy to hype things up to generate more readers.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Oh....I think maybe I have an idea of why that man was killed....Not sure why I bother mentioning it, because I can't say why. Not here.

Only a theory of course...

But if you'd like to know you're welcome to open up a comm line with me (Rimor).

/tell Nulion

Then again there's always a good chance I could be wrong.
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    Everyone is going to be quick to jump to conclusions and jump on the band wagon.
    Yeah, you're right, it could simply be someone wanting to get in the press that spouts such gibberish. Unfortunately, this state of affairs we're all in is also very dangerous since people aren't as critical as they usually are about wild accusations and conspiracy theories.

I have always held a fairly low opinoin of press agencies because of their tendancy to hype things up to generate more readers.
    I'm with you all the way!
    Wanna come blow up some news agency?
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Untill they make them selves known with some kind of agenda I think it is a bit early to proclaim them terrorists.
    However, a basic bunch of thugs wouldn't have pulled this offand escaped. They'd have been slaughtered. This wasn't some cheap hit, whoever did it had a serious reason for wanting a relatively unimportant individual dead.
    Other than striking fear into the populace, I can't think what they have accomplished, unless somene had a serious grudge or something? I don't know, maybe he was sleeping with some rich individual's wife?

FREE BOREALIS!!!

This is clearly not the MO of the NLF, and the target seems to indicate that the strike was specific.

My su****ion that this is a small group of people, completely unaffilated or independant orperators, that were either hired or had a personal greivance against the victim.

The concerning fact is that the finger is immediately pointed.

And Ms Idoru, Zora has already made at least one appearance, as I was present then.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixentrox
    Nanomage Liberation Front perhaps?
    Leave it to you to point the first finger at us..

one day your going to loose it if you keep up..

~Bloudless
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast