Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some findings on multi-ranged speeds. Test results here.

So you need a ql 100 HD to break even. A fully implanted Solitus MP or Trader with maxed stats at lvl 200 can get 809 (probably 830 or so if you go nuts with equipment and buffs). So what ql can you end up equiping? QL 130? That's 30 ql's above Dovve's explained minimum requirements. That's not a huge increase in damage but if Dovve's numbers are right you will do more damage. Yeah it's a huge IP strain but every person I talk to over lvl 170 has IP coming out of their ears.

You will do more damage with multi wield. Yes it's expensive, but it's not "broken".
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

Originally posted by IronTide
    Good test. I'd like to see it repeated with a higher multi-ranged skill.
    Multi-Ranged skill has no effect on the test what so ever. I've tried it out over and over again. The difference in my Multi-Ranged Skill was 300. If I can't see anything in 300 points difference (literally) then it's safe to assume nothing changes it.

Why should it? Multi-Ranged is only a requirment for an offhand weapon. Thats the only check it goes thru.

I've posted many many many times about my various tests in Multi-Ranged skills. There are a few things i've come up with that correspond to Dooves tests.

1) The Multi-Ranged skill is too high for most 2 handed weapons. Multi-Melee has much more reasonable requirments.

2) Weilding the same qlvl weapon in each hand will give you approximatly 1.5x damage compared to weilding 1 of them.

3) If your lower qlvl offhand weapon is faster then your main hand weapon, then you will essentially LOSE mainhand weapon shots. Now, everything in the game will tell you you SHOULDNT lost mainhand shots because of a variation in speeds, but it actually happens. Your mainhand seems to fire it's phantom shot when it's supposed to be a real shot. I find that if your offhand is a SLOW weapon, then it seems to work for you a lot better.

4) Initiatives have very little effect when you dual weild. The difference between 0 spend IP and 550 spent IP was 1 mainhand shot and 2 offhand shots with different speed weapons for me. Yet with just the main hand the speed pretty much doubled. I can only explain this using a simple idea. Since the attack animations of your hands firing causes your attack bar to essentially "stop" and wait it's turn before the other arm will shoot, it slows your weapon shooting down. Since inits have no effect on attack animation, it causes slow down.

5) The best combination of weapons is 1 mainhand weapon with big damage and no specials, and an offhand weapon (preferably slower but it usually doesnt work out like that) with many many specials. Specials defy all laws in AO, so it really helps. A good example would be a SA Tranquil in your main hand, and the highest qlvl Onehander you can weild in your offhand (Burst, Fling Aimed Shot with high Crit).

Originally posted by RVWinkle
    So you need a ql 100 HD to break even. A fully implanted Solitus MP or Trader with maxed stats at lvl 200 can get 809 (probably 830 or so if you go nuts with equipment and buffs). So what ql can you end up equiping? QL 130? That's 30 ql's above Dovve's explained minimum requirements. That's not a huge increase in damage but if Dovve's numbers are right you will do more damage. Yeah it's a huge IP strain but every person I talk to over lvl 170 has IP coming out of their ears.

You will do more damage with multi wield. Yes it's expensive, but it's not "broken".
    Very true Ion... I myself have about 400k ip sitting around at 174... I'm going to start raising non-essential skills now.

BUMP!!

I'm just a newbie, but I like the look of dual pistols on my Adv. But the more I read the more I realize I'm just throwing IP away because eventually dual weilding will suck. So please FIX IT BEFORE I MAKE IT THAT FAR!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12