Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tir Accord clarifications

Of course he is.

Marvin Dzinar's workshop was in Jobe.
    Main Character: Tir County Sheriff Brad InfamousBrad Bradley, TCSD.
    Proud to be a Clansman since October 29475.
    Alternate characters? Yeah right, like I'm going to tell you.

Re: Turtle?

Originally posted by Brad, STL/MO
    From the description of the Amytlo Executioner:

Continuity error?
    Myth. A simple people coming up with simple explanations to ancient gene-engineering experiments.

There are no aliens - not from the perspective of humans in the, uh, 300th Century. Really. I'm not lying. Any kind of "evidence" to the contrary is based on supposition, wishful thinking, or forgery. There's a growing market in "alien artefacts" for those who are willing to pay for it...and are stupid enough to fall for it!

(It wouldn't be the only one. Back before the last board wipe, you said that it was illegal for gene-modded humans to travel between worlds, and I think I remembery it saying somewhere that nanomages can't survive anywhere but on Rubi-Ka.
    That's still true, and that message is still around (just do a search; there's been no board-wipe, but the forums only display the threads from the last 30 days by default).

Most gene-engineered humans, and other species, are not allowed transit between worlds (unless they've got permission to do so). Of course, that doesn't mean it won't happen. It often does. There are smugglers. People break rules. 'nuff said.

As for the Nanos, they wouldn't survive outside a naturally notum-rich environment. So they're stuck on Rubi-Ka.

-Ragnar

I'm still wondering if there's an explanation for why all these nasty monster/mutants aren't killing each other off like it's their national pass-time. Obviously it wouldn't work from a gameplay perspective, but these are very large creatures so I imagine they'd have to eat a lot to keep their strength up. Plus they're very aggressive anyway, if not downright evil. So err... why aren't the different types of monsters killing and eating each other? And how do they perpetuate their species - seriously? If they get killed by military forces of any alignment whenever they wander too near an outpost or city, and if adventurers and explorers of all alignments are out killing them for fun and profit, and if they actually are eating each other in some kind of mutant food chain... how come there are still any left?

Of course, the 'explorers and adventurers' (aka Player Characters) are really nowhere near the wilderness areas and the big monsters... they're doing missions in Home and most rarely leave 75% suppression unless it's to raid Tarasque or fight in 2ho. But conceptually... monsters would seem to have a very, very high mortality rate.

Somewhat on-topic tying these things together, I'm pretty sure the COT and other Clans don't mind that much that OT isn't aggressively trying to deal with the mutant problem, at least not in their territory. Since it'd be a good excuse to have lots of powerful military hardware in or very near Council territory.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Luxxan
    Just out of curiousity, how would you describe yourself and your goals as different from those of the Clans?

This is one thing I have never understood about a unified "neutral" force on Rubi-Ka. It seems that neutrals want independence and the right to live their lives as they sit fit. Well that is exactly the same thing that the Clans want. Where is the difference?
    The big differance is how we wish to gain this goal. The neutrals believe very strongly in peace. War is the last option, one which we truely do not want to pursue at all costs. I have to admit it is something that I will buckle too if provoked too far, yet it is something I will do my upmost to stop, be that war against the neutrals, or war between the Clans and OT. All war is bad, innocents are lost, and if it can be stopped, we'll be trying to stop it.

For example the organisation for which I am currently holding presidency over. We are at essence a political organisation. We hold strong ties to both the Clans and Omni. Why? considering we get complained at by both sides for being too close to the other? All because keeping lines on communication between the two sides, keeping channels for which both sides can discuss peace and work together is whats good to benefit everyone on this planet.

But on the other hand, we have a rather intreguing military force to back us up. We have coalitions both with the other neutral organisations which you might of read about in the press, yet we also have agreements to support and protect (this is the funny part) both Clan and Omni organisations in mutual defence agreements...Negotiating agreements to get mixed Clan, Omni and Neut groups to work together, also a trying task but it is achievable. We also carry a urmmm, PvP element to our organisation. Yes its something we don't overall use as its something which goes against what we are. Yet we have it, the ability for the neuts to bite back if needed is there, and it can and maybe will be one day (although we hope not).

Originally posted by Ragnar
    [B]there are no aliensB]
    Urmm, I thought we were the aliens. We don't come from here (well as far as we know so far), we only seem to have come here for the notum, and to exploit it. We are a hostil alien force hell bent on nothing more than our own personal goals, which mostly seems to be our own petty wars and the mining of the planet. Its curious at how we make Rubi-ka suffer for all the things we keep pursuing, yet do we ever actually gain anything really?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123