Thread: The Nanomage Liberation Front -- are they fighting for their freedom or?

Question The Nanomage Liberation Front -- are they fighting for their freedom or?

I just recently witnessed the leader of the NLF ordering a solitus around. This makes me wonder wether they are really fighting for what they say they are. Or are they trying to shift the roles, making an elitist society where nanomages are the ruling class? Is it coincidence that Fleshreaper is the "Queen" of the NLF guild?

I did not know if the rumors that the NLF was terrorists was true or not, but it seems to me that there are deeper issues with this group of people than I was earlier lead to believe.

If all are not equal in their eyes, I wonder who is below them...

/Jereziah

I'm solitus so I presumably fall into the same boat as...

the rest of the non-nanomage community with regards to this.

Nevertheless I understand the basis for NLFs concern.

Then nanomage breed is dependent upon notum for it's very survival.
    While I'm certain than many, if not most, of you believe the notum resources on this planet to be near infinite for practical purposes there is NO evidence to suggest that to be the case. All the while both Omni and Clan alike (and even Neutral concerns) mine notum at an ever increasing rate and export the bulk of it off-planet to be used for war related products across the galaxy. Take a careful look at the uses of mined notum and estimate honestly the percentage that finds peacetime usage. Tell me then if you think it ethical to strip this home of us all bare of notum to fuel death and destruction throughout the galaxy.

Has anyone done an unbiased study of the notum resources on this planet and what the accelerating rate of mining over the current 30,000 lease is likely to do to it? Does anyone here actually think that Omnitek will take care to not deplete the notum supply below the level that the nanomage community needs to, not only survive but, thrive? These are rhetorical questions...I think we all know the answer.

You ask if the NLF feels that they are superior to the rest of us. I suggest that just the opposite...they feel opressed by those of us that gleefully mine and export the notum that NLF realizes is necessary for their breed's future on Rubi'Ka. That their feelings result in mild to severe dislike for non-nanomages can hardly be surprising given that most of us ignore their pleas.