Thread: Open Declaration From The High Courts

Open Declaration From The High Courts

The High Courts Of Justice Is hereby giving decleration to all Citizens of its laws and procedures of case hearings in Accordance with the Tir Accord released to the general public on the date: July 5 29470
    All Citizens Should refer to the Tir Accord under section Annex 3: Treatment Of Prisoners and Displaced Persons.
    Quote: "Any Council and affiliated personnel located in the districts controlled by Omni-Tek or found in violation of this accord and its annexes, are to be considered outlaws, and subject to imprisonment and trial by Omni-Tek" End Quote.

Date of release of Declaration August 02 29476

High Courts Of Justice Sanctioned Under The Tir Accord

Book Of Justices

This is the book of justices which outline the rules of conduct and laws hereby sanctioned in accordance with the Tir Accord.

Code Of Conduct

1:1 As a justice of The High Courts you are required by law too look upon all peoples of Rubi-Ka with upmost fairness.

1:2 Equality and fairness is imposed at all times of where it be in court hearings or general public communication.

1:3 Bribes or any form of gift will be immeadiatley logged with the Supreme High Court Judge, as it is an offence for Justices to receive such items whilst in the midst of a hearing.

1:4 Personal views on hearings will be dissalowed as you take an oath as a Justice too look upon all cases in an unbiased manner.

1:5 General communication about a hearing with the public will not be permitted without authorisation from the Supreme High Court Justice, as this may effect the outcome and look upon the hearing under revision by the Justices.

1:6 The attacking of civilian members with no grounds of initiating an attack on any Justices part, will result in the immeadiate review of the Justice concerned involvement, within the High Courts.

1:7 Drunken behaviour or slander will not be permitted, as we are lawful representatives and must show the upmost responsability at all times.

1:8 Weapons will not be permitted in the Court of Law, this rule applies to Justices and the general public.

1:9 You hereby give an oath and swear your allegiance to uphold all laws which are subject under the Tir Accord, Breaking any rules stated above will be dealth with an immeadiate effect and may result in the Justice involved having all ties broken with the High Courts.

Outline Of Hearing Procedures

1:1 All Justices will be required to be familiar with the Tir Accord.

1:2 All cases that are dealt with by the High Courts Judiciary System will be looked upon fairly and in an un-biased manner. Failure to follow the correct procedure whilst dealing with a case will result in the Justice involved to be removed from the bench of the hearing under review.

1:3 Opifex, Nanomages, Atrox's and Solitus breeds will be looked upon no differently by the court, as this would show unfairness in the eyes of the law.

1:4 Alignment will be looked upon no differently by any member of the High Courts Of Justice.

1:5 Cases of Criminal Actions will be dealt with in a manner of fairness, the Accused will have the lawful ability to propose his/her defence, either by self representation or a party hereby given Authorisation by the court to represent the accused.

1:6 All Cases dealth with by the High Courts will be looked upon and treated indifferently, the same procedures apply to each case which is be dealt with by the High Courts.

1:7 The justices will not be influenced by Ceo's of Omni-Tek or Members of the Council of Truth. We are not governed by these representatives of the Factions, as we are in compliance with the Tir Accord.

Power Of Justice

1:1 The Powers given to Justices are herby stated.

1:1:1 Fines- imposed to cover loss of earnings or reimbursment of items lost due to third party actions or underlying affects.

1:1:2 The Order Act - to place an order of agreement upon the persons or persons accused to result in an effective punishment or result for their crimes or actions. ( depending on case In hearing)

1:1:3 The Disgrace Information Act - to make the outcomes of case public, which there by gives the public to view the rullings of the case and the accused so that everyone can see the crime committed by that person.

1:1:4 Penalty of impoundment - The Court will take into possetion the weapon or item involved in the crime for a period of time, until review to release the weapon or item back into the owners posetion

Data Protection Act Governed By The Supreme High Court Justice

All information gathered before a case is brought before the court wil be subject to non disclosure without permission of The Supreme High Court Justice.

All Cases will be made public with the acceptence of certain cases, where the party or parties involved may be in fear of their lives.

The Laws and rules stated above are Sanctioned under the Tir Accord and will be followed by all Justies.

Agreement of the policies and Procedures will be swoarn under oath
    which is the lagal requirement for all justices of The High Courts.

Authorisation of Conduct Given Here By

Milan "Tikon" Forejt ( Supreme High Court Justice)

Dated: 02 August 29476
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

none

Don't be an idiot.
    pres. Ted Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-

Who are you Mr 8 posts, your such a neub!

Get a life and grow up

Er....he's leader of Omni-AF, if I'm not mistaken, dude...
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

I dont care who he is, how dare he pass judgement on this idea without even knowing the full background.

To me that just shows childishness and immaturatiy and a need to go grow some P***c hairs.

And Omni AF if he is your leader, im so sorry for you

heh

Kinda touchy aren't we mr. Messiah?

Sorry for the harsh comment Tikon, but remember that when you were shouting your mojo over ooc i did try and have a conversation with you and you wouldn't have it.

Anyhoo. I was trying to save you a little embarassment since you spend your time shouting instead of listening because it seams you are unaware of the ways things stand as is.

I'm not going to climb on a soap box, but a few of us are trying our damndest to make the world a better place, and the last thing we need is people shouting new indoctrines in an attempt to make one long bound to the top of the ladder.

But hey i dunno that was your intention, so i'll leave the point be with a "please refrain from the, there is one Dod and i am his prophet" type of introducing policy, and goodluck butting heads with the powers that be. Remember, someone is always watching and we support those RPers who look like they're trying for a good cause.

later.

p.s. Props to Miss Maul and "Keep the Peace". I miss Haplo and those quasi-evil Atrum boys :P
    pres. Ted Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-

Talking

With regards to your response Shakkles!

1: I do not and will not stand for people passing judgement on me or my attempts to bring some life to this hapless story.

2: I am not trying to climb the ladder the easiest way possible, i am interested in the story line and wish to take part in it. If im correct Under the Tir Accord it is mentioned about omni pol and so forth and also a court system for law, where is it I ask?

Well thats what im trying to do, everyone has to start somewhere, and im getting fed up of listening to people whine about wheres the story and why are there no events. so what did i do, i got my thoughts together and created an idea.

An idea to which i have had good response too, as it brings a little life to the game whilst also following the story line.

3:And I can not recall you trying to have a conversation with me over OOC, as you can ask anyone who asks me a question, i will endevour to answer it to the best of my ability.
    I would never ignore anyone. Just ask all the people i have helped along the way and im sure they would tell you differently.

4: I am not a prophet or anything, i am a simple role player that enjoys role playing, trying to bring something that is needed to other role players. I am not trying to deem myself High Power or anything like that. My guild is a role playing guild and thats what we do role play.

5:The main role playing guilds have too much strangle hold on the community which dissallows general players even low level players to take part in events due to your codes and rules, outlawing them from taking part.which is wrong!

I am not going to be denied the oppurtunity to play out my role and character the way i want, and im not going to be denied from giving other players the chance to do the same.

At the end of the day I pay my subscription to this game like everyone else, So why should I be Denied?

And I dont care if anyone is watching me, and i dont need approval from any role playing guild to what i can and cant do in my guild and events!

Im not going to go on anymore because theres no point. I have made my point and I have stated my intentions clearly.

I do not wish to turn this into a massive arguement, I am just clearly stating my intentiions to you as you obviously seem to misinterpret them.

Because it is my habit

Seems today I am commenting on signatures...

Um, Tikon - you know where the misinterpretation may be coming from?

Signatures about conquering everything are ... well ... hostile.

Though I do agree with regards to level limits, here's the conundrum:

Many of the more serious RP guilds don't want 'fly-by-night' members. They want serious members who are going to respect their org. and their play style. They put a level limit to discourage folks from just 'having a go'

This, in turn, excludes role-players who just want a bit of fun.

So to turn on the folks from Div9, Omni-Pol, Omni-AF and all the other big established groups:

Level limits are WRONG! Use the applicant stage if you need to judge someone's worth, but anything that bars a new player looking for a RP group from participating in RP (with the groups that certainly at least appear to be concerned with the story) is a Bad Thing (tm).

My own org. already know my feelings on level limits (and levels, for that matter). So I spread the word.

Level Limits = Bad. In all things. Level should never ever ever be used to determine what aspects of the game you are and aren't allowed to play. Shout it out to the adventurers, and shout it out to the roleplayers.

The second you place a level limit as a barrier to participation in any aspect of gameplay, then you are feeding the level-grind game. You are EQifying the game.
    Crazynotion - Atrox Bureaucrat, RK1

Formerly posted as Mechanita

Talking

Thanks for the support Mechanita, it is appreciated.

Im glad that some people feel the same way

Check out my new Signature down below, eh!

What do ya think, hehe! ()

*hopes she doesn't get her head shot off*

OOC:

I think it was unproductive of Shakkles to slate you with a one liner. However you will need to get other RPers on your side if you want your idea to come to life.

Running a Court System will require a lot of OOC discussion and trust so that people whose characters are being tried know they will get a good RP experience that satisfies their needs as a ‘bad guy’.

Perhaps some disposable NPC alts would need less care, but even then the RP guilds and groups running complex stories for themselves have to feel they can come to a Court/Judicial organisation OOC and get a service that suits their needs.

Who would your main customers be? General RP guilds who want to have a trial for one of the bad guys in one of their plots, or Police guilds who want a trial for one of the bad guys in one of their plots, assuming they don’t already RP that they get their warrants and trials from some other source.

I think that for this to be a living and breathing service it needs to have symbiotic relationship with a number of other RP guilds. I would have thought the best way to establish such a court system would to have been to approach the guild leaders of RP guilds who might use a Court system present your ideas as they stand, and then ask them what they would want and need from a Court in order to use its services.

Then it would be a process of negotiation to find a set of rules guidelines and procedures that would work for your Court System and their RP Guild.

Once this worked with a small number of established RP guilds, and there were various story write ups more people would hear about it and perhaps decide to accept your Court Service as a true in-game force for them, rather than some one they talk politely to but otherwise ignore.

This isn’t a flame, this is a piece of well intentioned advice, so I hope you take it well.

I wish all RPers who bravely turn to face into the wind with a new idea the best of luck in achieving their goals.

I think watching meant seeing how well something goes and deciding whether or not to add that RP venture to their version of the world. I think it was intended to be complimentary as being watched implies you have an audience, and are therefore more real to more people than you would otherwise be.

Good luck Tikon.

Talking

Thankyou Hirunda that information will prove very useful.

But im afraid with the reponse I received from Shakkles, shows to me that he is not interested in this venture, maybe because he does not like the idea that some one wants to try something new and that im kind of mussling in on his territory!

But that is not my intention, i want to bring a role for players to use and to partake in! Not so that i can become a well houshold name in AO, because simply it is not important to me. What is important is the experience that this will create for all of the people who participate.

With regards to our target audience, this service would be open to all to use, i am promoting this guild on the grounds that all are welcome, and that all players will have the oppurtunity to participate.

I am not going to limit this guild to just its members, as this would not be fair to the players who maybe just want to have fun now and again. Or for the serious role players who would like to have a serious trial. We will cater for all needs

What i intend to do, is to conduct a mock trial to see how it goes! If all goes to plan, then we shall go from there!

Since starting the guild, thats all ive heard is, drop the low level as youll get no repsect and that idea is dumb

well number 1: why should low levels be treated any differently from high levels, they too are people who like to have fun, as this game is designed for all players. i will incorporate all players who wish to take part.

and number 2: Dont judge the idea until you know the full story before you start to pass judgement on the people and their ideas!

I normally don't go out of character on these forums, nor do I add or comment in a thread that could be looked at as a flame thread.

However, Because of some recent events that have taken place between me and another member of the community this struck a nerve.

The same thing that has taken place between Tikon and Shakkles. (although one may argue that I am taking the persons comments about my idea out of content). Yet, When I read the comments about my idea from this person, I, like Tikon feel the same exact way (exculding the noob comment by Tikon)

I absolutely dis-respect anyone who immediatly shoots down an idea with just a small bit of information about the idea.

It is in no ones best intrest to shoot down anyones idea of a rp idea of any kind. If you do not like it, or if you disagree just go on down the road. any negitive comment about it will only boost your own ego and do nothing to help the RP community.

Now, I am not saying Shakkles did not have enough information about Tikon's idea to make the comment. What I am saying that a negitive comment especially in a public forum or for that matter even if it was private does little good for the RP community.
    Offer a flower to your enemy..
    If he refuses it, offer a hand
    If he refuses it, offer a bullet
    If he refuses it, give it to him anyways...

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Isn't it just a relief when you wake up in the morning and find you didnt wet the bed?!

Beyond your perfection,
    beneath you and who you used to be
    awaits who I am.

Excess Radio! Bringing you tunage 25/7!

Re: heh

Originally posted by Shakkles
    p.s. Props to Miss Maul and "Keep the Peace". I miss Haplo and those quasi-evil Atrum boys :P
    Mostly Seppubot's idea. I wanted it to be called The Fish Brigade. But nooo, we had to stay true to the past...*groans*
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Originally posted by Shakkles
    Don't be an idiot.

Dude, if you respond to people in that way, and consider yourself one of the "powers that be"... you're pretty sad. I'm sorry, but it's true.

And what is this post doing in the Story forum? Doesn't this stuff belong over in the Roleplaying forum?

Tikon

I am a bit confused and maybe Shakkles was to, see you appear to be laying the law down for a court action but you dont explain what it is you plan to do.

I assume that your going to RP holding court so to speak, but I think we need a little more detail on how its going to work. Also what type of law system you plan to follow, eg case based. If its going to be jury based or just the judge passing the laws.

Its an interesting idea I just want to understand how you plan to operate it.

Assuming he made a mistake and posted here in the Story forum rather than in the Roleplaying forum he still has to understand that he has zero chance of gaining credibility.

Judges need to be elected or appointed by elected officials. Nobody is going to bide the decision of a judge or jury that is not of their peers. Sort of the 'who elected you to be God' type of argument.

FunCom runs Omni-Tek and could play out a valid corporate court that would be binding if they could provide any bite to verdicts.

As far as the Clans and Neutrals are concerned, why would any player even trying to be as in-character as possible ever give the slightest creedence to some judgement given by a bunch of players in another clan or unaffiliated or otherwise unempowered players?

Court systems are put in place to judge the guilt and levy penalties on members of a community to uphold the moral beliefs and values of that particular community. Therefore as far as the Clans are concerned one could only value a judgement against one's self if the judgement came down from within your own clan. I believe this is working as intended. FunCom could likewise execute some judicial leverage if they ever allow individual clans to join the Council of Truth.

Eventually, even the most well intentioned RP-court would be plagued by people who simply won't abide by any decisions made by 'strangers' that aren't accepted in advance via OOC manipulation. That's the kind of RP'ing that I can do without. You know: 'Hey, I got a two-week vacation in Fla. coming up. Why don't I do something bad and you can 'put me in jail' for two weeks. Wouldn't that be cool?' Why bother?

Like almost everything with this game, the good stuff gets scrapped and the crap gets polished. The Prisons you see everywhere were obviously the brainchild of an enlightened game designer who was let go in favor of the brain dead idiots in charge of the game now.

If half the effort that went into the over-equipping nerf, killing of pet-classes, level limits on nanos, and the rest of the euthanization of this game went into a proper judicial system with player-elected judges and enforceable prison terms for traceable crimes along with a faction system that reflected the Tir Accords, Anarchy Online would go down in history as a milestone in MMORPG history. Instead it is simply another commodity to be consumed and excreted until such time as someone has the same inspiration and follow through that Origin had once upon a time.

Then again that request would have to go into the Game Mechanics forum ...

Kirrana: here is the answer to your question!

I am in no way trying to lay down the law, i am not saying to players, here are our rules you have to follow them.

If you have read the initial post correctly, then you will see that this is a decleration of the rules that govern our judges. Not the Citizens.

We will conduct trials in a manner of fairness and etiquette,
    We will not conduct trials with the use of juries, we are using a simple method of , ruling, defense, prosecution, descision.
    By following these easy steps, we can conduct a fair trial, making sure that all parties have a fair chance to speak.
    All parties accounts of the criminal act will be taken into consideration by the judges, who will then review all of the information put forward by the parties involved. Once we have reviewed the case, a ruling will be made.
    The law handbook which you see above, was purely designed for the purpose of fairness. the rules and procedures contained within it, clearly state the laws that govern the justices and their decisions.

Ruling will decide on the case itself and the severity of the crime committed.

for example, we are not going to imprison anyone, due to the fact that this is not possible.

If any of you reading this post has studied law in a democratic society, then you will know that laws that are created need to be enforceable.

so, we are using rulings that are coherant with the ingame nature.
    Fines, order act and the disgrace act.

Fines- we will simply impose a fine on a player brought before the court if the ruling is put against.
    Order act- will impose an order on the citizen. e.g unsocial behaviour- you are not allowed to get inhebriated whilst in omni- tek cities, and so forth.
    Disgrace act- we will simply make the criminals actions aware to the general public, so that their act of crime can be disgraced.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have put a lot of time into the creation of this idea and the process in which it is to follow. I have created it, to make sure fair trials are absoloute! and that no affiliation will be treated differently.

I hope this has answered your question Kirrana

Bionitrous: here is your answer to your post!

1: I do not avidly look for credibility, nor do i require credibility from people like yourself to sucseed in my idea and aspiration.
    I am bringing something new to the players of Rubi-Ka, who wish to partake in such an event and i certainly dont need your permission to do so!

If you do not like the idea and the way in which the procedures are conducted, then you have every right to not be involved, and just go your seperate way.

I do and so do other players, pay the same amount of subcription fees, so I ask you why we should not get the same oppurtunities, just because of lack of credability.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2: your statement about being elected?

Instead of sitting on my arse and whining about, "oh where is the story why are there no evets", "i want this to happen"," i want that to happen"," oh my god Funcom need to get their act together".
    which i hear very often, i decided to get off my arse and to do something. So i dont see that you have any right to pass judgement on my idea, and to make such ruling remarks about how i should conduct my organisation.

And with regards to your statement:

"Judges need to be elected or appointed by elected officials. Nobody is going to bide the decision of a judge or jury that is not of their peers. Sort of the 'who elected you to be God' type of argument".

This is so flawed. How do you think a fair trial is to be conducted if your friend is sitting on the bench as a juror or a judge?

"I would be laughing if I committed a crime, and my brother was the judge on the bench, i would get off no problem"!

so be realistic, i am creating a democratic judiciary system, which is based on a fair trial basis.

Judges do not get elected due to the fact that their liked more by this person or that person. They are elected on the grounds of duty to the law service, and that is what i intend to do.

All of the justice's that are in my organisation, do not get promoted just like that. they are judged on service and committment to the judiciary system. If they committ and work hard then they gain benefits and a promotion.

And with regards to your statement about clans and neutrals.

We are not forcing anyone to partake in the court hearings or to be subject to the laws and procedures carried out by our judiciary system.

If they dont want to role play in this event, then nobody is forcing them!

And finally, i have one more thing to say to you !

Funcom is not going to create a judicial system, so get real!
    Your statement:

"Eventually, even the most well intentioned RP-court would be plagued by people who simply won't abide by any decisions made by 'strangers' that aren't accepted in advance via OOC manipulation. That's the kind of RP'ing that I can do without. You know: 'Hey, I got a two-week vacation in Fla. coming up. Why don't I do something bad and you can 'put me in jail' for two weeks. Wouldn't that be cool?' Why bother?"

I do not and will not stand for sarcastical comments made in an attempt to flame this idea.

I do not require your comments or judgement or credability, i am doing just fine without it.
    Just because you might have played this game from the beginning doest give you the right to pass judgement on other people.

I am not trying to become some Uber player with Uber poweers over other players. I am simply trying to create a role, and to give some players who wish, an in game purpose other than killing and levelling.

So in future i suggest that if you see and idea that you dont like, just dont comment and walk away!

And for your information, i have had many enquiries with regards to our system, and are currently in talks with players who are offering their support and help.

So dont try and influence the community on your own basis!

So bionitrous I hope that has set the manner straight!

And any future remarks made by yourself or other members of the community who do not like or support this idea, will be disregarded as simple slander!

As you are people that I would not like to get to know, as you have no imagination, and think that only your ideas are passed for good ones, and that nobody else may have a say in the matter!