Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 16 minutes is a LONG TIME for a debuff

Originally posted by Tomasin
    Dont even mention the lame bows. They are so useless, they make pistols seem uber.

I disagree on this. I had a guildie who used bow. If u study the stats of bows... they are just like rifles.

She was an MP and she used to hit so hard that she draw aggro away from her pets....

They are not useless.. just that bow special does not work. So? Choose a bow that does not have bow special

Re: 16 minutes is a LONG TIME for a debuff

Originally posted by TimOtholt
    I am a level 84 melee adventurer. I just got rooted by a Greater Nano Net (-960 run speed, 16 minutes) from a fixer mob in a mission. Since no one has shared any of the "loopholes" that break roots since the 12.x patch that "nerfed taunts" (i.e. doesn't do the 1 point of damage anymore), I'm a little fed up with these stupid roots.

16 minutes is *too long* for any debuff, no matter what debuff it is. Run speed is the worst. 2-3 minutes? OK. 16 minutes? WTF?

Tim
    The nano in question (Greater Nano Net) is of a fairly decent level, so it's going to have a longer duration than the ones you may have faced already. But, 16 minutes does seem surprisingly long, so this nano (and the timer on similar nanos) is being looked into by the Development Team. If it's agreed to be too long, it will be changed. I'll keep my ears open for updates.

Keep in mind that durations may not be changed. That being the case, ways to kill off root and run speed debuff programs are being introduced.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Just FYI, the best way to reduce the time for the run speed debuffs, is to just pick a fight with a mob. That's what I do. By the time the fight is over, your debuff should be too.

Me Fixer thinks "It's already hard enough to root a mob, now I won't be able to snare it either"

I have a fixer, and have yet to figure out the point in snaring? Could someone please enlighten me?
    Serofina - Currently in the process of revival after a nasty incident with some uber leets. We're still looking for her head...

Teebo - Voted the most stylish person ever to grace Rubi-ka in a recent poll, organised by himself.

Official starter of the hugely succesful Blackmarket Thread!

Uses for Fixer's snare nanos

• Snares will hold up better under fire than roots. If the doc is in trouble and is running I'll cast the snare if other party members are shooting at attacking mobs to gain aggro.
    • Snares are great to pull with. By the time the mob gets back to the party all party members with ranged attacks can get at least a couple shots in. Also Fixer will be able to get out of attack range quicker so will take less hits on way back to group.
    • Fixers get Area of Effect Snares, not Area of Effect roots. So if you have to handle a lot of mobs, snare them all first, then root them one at a time
    • Players don't up their run speed much so in PvP a high level snare is just as good as a root but lasts longer. Also remember that a Fixer with run buff vs. snared anything is also just about as good as a root

Originally posted by Crin
    Uses for Fixer's snare nanos

• Snares will hold up better under fire than roots. If the doc is in trouble and is running I'll cast the snare if other party members are shooting at attacking mobs to gain aggro.
    • Snares are great to pull with. By the time the mob gets back to the party all party members with ranged attacks can get at least a couple shots in. Also Fixer will be able to get out of attack range quicker so will take less hits on way back to group.
    • Fixers get Area of Effect Snares, not Area of Effect roots. So if you have to handle a lot of mobs, snare them all first, then root them one at a time
    • Players don't up their run speed much so in PvP a high level snare is just as good as a root but lasts longer. Also remember that a Fixer with run buff vs. snared anything is also just about as good as a root
    That is, it would do all this if snares weren't awfully bugged and did nothing to mobs most of the time...
    Oh, and snares are pretty good at drawing aggro too... In case group runs into huge troubles, it might be a good tactic to pull out that run buff, do a few area snares and just run in opposite direction with all the mobs...

Ah, cool. Thx crin!
    Serofina - Currently in the process of revival after a nasty incident with some uber leets. We're still looking for her head...

Teebo - Voted the most stylish person ever to grace Rubi-ka in a recent poll, organised by himself.

Official starter of the hugely succesful Blackmarket Thread!

I will admit that the low level snares don't do much, but I the higher level ones hurt. You know how slow you move when you are about to die. Well that's what a Fixer's snare can do to you.

I was fighting with an Engineer once and their pet got snared by a mob. I was literally running circles around it and that was without my run buff There is no way it would be able to hit me in a PvP fight if I made any attempt at all to stay out of its range.

Like I said before though, hits will reduce the length of a snare, so if you've got one on you, just get in a fight. After a few shots you'll be ok.

hmm snares and run buffs *gets horrible images of quad-kiting druids* At least they didnt give Fixers point blank AOE nanos. Could you imagine every outdoor zone overrun by Fixers pulling and killing several mobs at once?

/me shivers

(those who played EQ know exactly what Im talking about hehe).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12