Thread: Alien Attack 10/26/05

Alien Attack 10/26/05

Aliens attacked Old Athen again tonight, focusing more around the Jobe Whompa. Multiple Master Sergeants landed in that are, level 250 or higher. The city was flooded with small Alien defenese drones as a preemptive strike, and waves of lower level Aliens landed prior to the Master Sergeants.

After we'd killed 3 Master Sergeants we thought the attack was over, suddenly another massive wave overwhelmed the Clan defenders and drove us out of the area. The attacks continued, with waves of Aliens at the Grid and on OA hill. Even large waves of Zix that seemed to have grown...Large high level Zix. Maybe the Aliens have learned to use the Notum in the air here on Rubi-Ka to their benefit, to make themselves stronger...At one point the feeling of electricity increased to the point of being nearly unbearable. You would almost wonder if someone in the mothership wasn't a bit angry....

After massive waves of Aliens and large Zix's the electricity slowly began to fade from the air, and the rumbling retreated into the far-away distance.

These attacks are becoming more and more frequent. Something may be on the horizon. The aliens seem to keep getting more agressive, and finding new ways to break through our defenses and invade our cities.

Makes me wonder if something is on the horizon...

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

I too have felt that something big is going to come down soon. I've experienced two massive attacks on Rome and one in Old Athens, and each time they seem larger than the last.

However I have plenty of theories and suppositions as to why this is. None that I am willing to share, I'm probably wrong anyways.

I do feel that they might be getting desperate. Perhaps they underestimated the strength of Rubi-ka. But I do feel this is largely because of notum.

One possibility is that they must assume that we have called for backup, or they have intercepted transmissions from Omni-Tek asking Omni-Prime and the ICC for military support. It is m guess that is they figure they are having a hrad time with the people already on the planet they don't want to have to fight trough a much stronger, and much more numerous enemy. My opinion is they are trying to weaken us before our reinforcements arrive. Desperation seems to be the name of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanelme
    One possibility is that they must assume that we have called for backup, or they have intercepted transmissions from Omni-Tek asking Omni-Prime and the ICC for military support. It is m guess that is they figure they are having a hrad time with the people already on the planet they don't want to have to fight trough a much stronger, and much more numerous enemy. My opinion is they are trying to weaken us before our reinforcements arrive. Desperation seems to be the name of the game.
    Or they are simply working to weaken us before 'their' reinforcements arrive, like they have not seen all that humans have to offer, I doubt we've seen the tip of the iceburg in what to expect with them.
    Crouching Atrox, hidden Yalm.

I knew I like the aliens for a reason!
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner