Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vehicle ( Kodaik and Yalmaha ) size petition...

Couloueres, Size MONEY!!!!!!!1111

Yes it sounds good but, its not easy, i myself think it would be fun but what about adding couloueres in the descriptions it says

They Come in a great veraiety of coloueres i have not seen a damn one of them in black yellow or green, all i have seen is the cool yalmha silver and the old fashioned earth couloueres on the other cars,planes,boats

Judge Forceboy

heres the thing, yalms get ugly when they're full size. you ever looked at a full size one closely? [whats left of its texture] is pixelated! it'd be the same for mids i think. the only vehicle designed to look good at full size is the kodiak.

Unhappy

OMG when i bought my kodiak i thought, OMG WHAT IS THAT? there barely 2 inchs long :P i aggree normal sised vehicles, especialy the kodiaks, or atleast add an option for normal sided or non normal sised, i have a high end pc and i could easilly take the extra lag

Thumbs up Change the vehicle size!!

I think they look like toys and would also like to see them much larger.

If doing so blocks terminals, then make it so they cannot be used in the cities. At the very least, make it so you cannot access missions or other terminals while in a vehicle.

Thanks
    Last edited by Danjaq; Aug 25th, 2002 at 19:34:45.

Agree on this. I remember buying a Kodaik (no, it's not Kodiak) early on, while they were correct size. It actually looked like it was possible to sit inside! And it stood out from the landscape, like a real vehicle. At least the Kodaiks should be resized back to the orignial, even if that requires them to hover above ground.

I've also noticed Kodaiks have a funny tendency to wriggle from side to side all the time, wich was not a problem when I had one. And how about the Mid? Have they fixed it yet, or does it still look like a Probe 2000?

As for the Yalmaha (no, it's not Yamaha), just kick it out of the game :-)
    The thing is sleek in a ugly, sickening way, it should be replaced by something far more three-dimensional, with features like engines, cockpit hatch, etc, like the Kodaik. Especially those small, forward-tilted wings behind that ugly, fat nose gotta go!

Originally posted by natallian
    I still say it should be left up to the end user. If I want to see large yalms, then give me that option. If I get mad cause they are all blocking the mission term then give me the option to turn there size down on my client side.

I think that would make everyone happy.
    Would work for me.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Originally posted by Crin
    or how about not letting players access a terminal from a vehicle. It even makes some role-playing sense.
    The Bronto Burger Drive-thru outside Borealis would have to close down . And they really need all the customers they can get.

Damn, what happened to that place? It used to be full of level 10-20's. Is it just that people dont keep their characters in that level range for very long anymore? Or was it the wompa to SWB that killed it?

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Don't dis yalms.

BUMP +
    in response to the previous post. I think that Yalm's look good and Kodaiks don't. But that is just my opinion.

In addition to size increase I want bodyshops. I want to be able to fly my yalm into some kind of shop with racks and racks of paint jobs and decals and bits of plane/car. I want to be able to upgrade the capabilities of my yalm even if it soaks up money, here are my upgrade ideas:

Paint Jobs - probably would look like a colored stim that you shift-Rclick on the car.
    Decals - As above (of course Car/Plane would need to be full size for this to be worth it).
    Speed increasers - Like it says on the tin
    Door upgrades - Speeds the equip/dequip time
    HUD Capabilities - Shows current coords, current speed, current altitude
    Auto Pilot - Allows you to type in target coords and have your yalm fly you there.
    Armour upgrades - Increases AC's when in the yalm
    Ejector Seat - Can be used to fast eject from the yalm without incurring fall damage.
    Guns - Well they will never do that.

People keep saying the game needs more money sinks. These would be good money sinks.
    Tenk (215/14) - Happy Omni-Tek Agent on TestLive
    Iranu (217/16) - Clan Agent on Rimor (my equipment)

1) Make terminals non-accessible from vehicles

2) Make it an official rule that you aren't allowed to use your vehicle to block mission terms or other important objects, and if you do you can be reported via petition and have your vehicle taken away.

Talking Now...

If only the devs would read this thread and do it...

BIG BUMP

Vehicles should be #1 for style, not #1 for functionality. Institute vehicle walls around mission terms and reclaim booths (ever try 'flying' over a mountain that is 100m below you but seems to have an invisible glass wall attached? I used to hate finding the entrance to camps in Greater Omni and couldn't wait to get a yalm so I could just 'fly over' but waaaaiiit I have a yalm and I still gotta find the entrance )

i want a biogger veihcle yeah, but thatd just be annoying not to mention even more laggy, you wouldnt even be able to see for yalm spammers :/

I'm in favor of full sized vehicles.
    Beisdes vehicle size, I see other areas where the vehicle implementation on Rubika is lacking.

A full sized vehicle should probably not be allowed to enter city gates, if they can, they should be restricted to only certain areas where they wont interfere with pedestrian traffic.

To make it even more realistic, a vehicle probably shouldn't be an item in your inventory. Rather, you should have to park it in a designated area. Perhaps paying a parking fee for a secure parking spot.
    If you wanted to leave your vehicle in the wilderness (e.g.: while doing a mission), there might be a small % chance (maybe 0.5 0r 1% chance?) that it would get stolen. Or maybe allow other players to attempt to steal vehicles based on B&E skill.

just a bump

I would like the idea of normal sized vehicles.. Looking at my Yalmaha, I'm not even sure how I'm sitting in it.. am I laying down? While we're on the subject, they should take away the silly nose of the Yalmaha in first-person mode.

I like the idea of no-access to terminal when in a vehicle, too.. keep all the big-cars away from the terminals and add a bit of realism. But, in that case, the equip time definetly should be fixed.. why does it take so long to get into my Yalm? Can I put some IP into Vehicle Init? How about linking equip speed to run speed or something?

I had heard that the timer was raised because people were bailing during PVP. Is this right? It doesn't make any sense to me considering you can't equip a vehicle while you're in a fight anyway.
    Cyrus "d'Artagnan" Bacarella
    Solitus Fixer for the Omni-Tek Corporation
    President of Draco Legionis
    Draco is Family, Legions Unite!

"The darkness must go down the river of nights dreaming...
    Flow morphia slow, let the sun and light come streaming...
    Into my life."

Cool Vehicle size

Hello,
    Yes i think the Vehicles should be Bigger in Size ,tho only by how big the Char is, cause if theyre too big , than its going to Extremely 'Lag' the area which you are in .
    Also;
    Omni has a 'Gunship'=car w/ 2 mini-chainguns on it

Clan has a ' ? ' (nothing yet)
    [B][COLOR=red]

Yes, make em bigger.. BIGGER!!!
    Alvador Proud member of [url=http://www.nanoclan.com]Storm

I vote for "let us chose the size on the client".
    Then when yer not trying to get a mission or whatever you do infront of a terminal, you can increase the size of them. If it's getting too crowdy then, "check" the box saying.... Make em smaller.

Good idea.

Yes!

Yes! Normal-sized vehicles would be cool. Besides, seeing someone drive over the dune in a Kodian (or whatever) would look cool .

Maybe they could be tiny inside cities (to stop total view blockage) but become large outside?

yep
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

Well just a though because i made a game some time ago took a few years but still, coding wise when they made the yalms etcs smaller they did not change the code that when they get out of the Old big yalms it had to make them small. So if they change that % then peopel can be come normal size again. That is my expernce even though i am 15 but still i program so u know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123