Thread: Protect yourselves from unfair Taxations!

Protect yourselves from unfair Taxations!

Fellow Omni-Tek citizens, it is with a heavy heart that I must inform you of the tax hike on weapons now being enforced by the Cruel ICC. In the recent years that the Clan/Omni-Tek war has raged, this motion has been planned for some time. The ICC realizes that in this time of strife and hardship that weaponry of almost any type and the sales thereof would increase dramatically. In their greedy attempt to capitalize on this, they increased sales taxes on plasma based weaponry by 53.8 percent, Laser weaponry by 34.6 percent and Misc. weapons by 27.4 percent. Even before these cruel hikes, independant smugglers and Vagabonds alike have been infesting our public gathering places selling their illegal wares, but now I would expect even more illegal trading of goods. Do you really want your children being able to purchase dangerous weapons from these seedy people, and we all know how impulsive teenagers can get. However when these characters lurk around every cornerclub and bar, or the arena, what are citizens to do?

It's no secret that soldiers, enforcers, and Agents etc would prefer to purchase their weapons from smugglers rather than the insanely high prices on retail merchandise enforced by the ICC. This practice has gone on for years, I.E citizens purchasing weapons from other citizens not officially sanctioned with permits for weapon sales. However there is a chain effect here. The smugglers usually have connections to organized crime factions on Rubi-Ka, and the funds they gather from sales of illegal merchandise directly fund said organizations. These organizations often deal in drugs, prostitution etc, thus the increased crime in the more underdeveloped regions of Omni-Trade and Entertainment, and various other areas throughout Rubi-Ka.

This corruption of society goes deeper my friends, as several of our own law enforcement agencies are well aware of the increases in smuggling, unfortunately even they trade with these characters. Omni-Pol as it stands is only an extension of the corrupt arm of some of Omni-Teks more shady officials. So you can see how the ladder goes up, our actions when dealing with smugglers goes back up to the problems by unfair ICC regulation. What can we do however? Resist the temptations of purchasing unsafe and illegal weaponry from these people, though they may seem more cost effective, think about the value of your own safety and well-being - and is there really a price on that?

In short, we must make a stand as loyal citizens to speak out against the corruptions of the ICC. WHO ARE THEY TO TELL US WHAT TO DO? WHO ARE THEY TO SEND THEIR GENETIC MONSTROSITIES TO ENFORCE OUR WAY OF LIFE?! ummm ahem... *takes a sip of water* my apologies for that. We decide our own destiny, and the safety and happiness of ourselves, and our little ones are top priority. May the blessings of Jobe find their way into your lives citizens, have a safe and happy day.

"learn more about guiding your own destiny today! Contact Shizara should you have any questions about the patriotic Halo Conglomerate" and remember what we say in Halo- The greatest enemy to ourselves is lack of knowledge"
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

(Edited because I didn't originally see the address was to OT citizens only)

What genetic monstrosities are you referring to?

The ICC is the one force that Omni-Tek seems to respect. It is its image in the outer galaxy, and the threat of losing time on its lease that is holding it back from committing genocide on a large scale.

As long as we have the ICC, and as long as OT respects the power of the ICC we have a chance to find a legal way out of this war.

You moan about the high price of guns, and want to tear down the one force in the Galaxy that seems to have a leash on OT?

Are you going to enjoy being part of a genocidal force that uses weapons of mass destruction to cleanse all those of us who do not believe Omni-Tek should have absolute control of Rubi-ka?

Are you going to be able to blot that out of your consciences when you lay down to sleep in your sparkling white apartments, free from the vaporised blood and ashes of northern Rubi-ka?

Are you so keen to end the fight for a peaceful solution? Those that want peace have to fight the lunatics in their own political factions, and those opportunistic outsiders who want only to profit from the destruction, as well as trying to deal with those who sit across the negotiating table.

We all know we are prepared to just fight and kill, we've been doing it long enough, but are we prepared to limit our violence for the sake of our humanity?

ICC is one of the forces that allows the chance of limiting the destruction, the blood, the guilt and the horror that will be ahead of us until a solution is found.

I always thought many OT employees were just that. Employed by OT, and not owned. If this anti-ICC movement gets it way you could find yourselves stained deeply with guild and blood you will never wash away. I hope most of you still care enough to want to avoid that occurrence.

Hirunda
    Fantomas
    Clan
    Last edited by Hirunda; Aug 1st, 2002 at 13:39:08.

The monstrosities I refer to are of course the ARKs and Genetic Manipulators. They invade our lives and enforce the ICC's unfair regulations. I by no means want to see a "bloodbath" lord knows we have seen enough of those lately. I am however saying that the ICC has no right to regulate what we do. Any self respecting Omni-Tek citizen will realize that we control our own destiny. The ICC doesn't have to live here on this planet, they don't care about our hardships. I know what you're going to say, "what about the ICC headquarters" well let me tell you about that. The employees who anger their superiors and the low ranking "paper pushers" are sent to work at that headquarters here on rubi-ka. The true movers and shakers in the iCC wouldn't even come within 10 light years of rubi-ka. You defend the ICC? and why? they have secret nano technologies, powerful technologies they use to bond and enslave unwary people as ARKs and Genetic manipulators, and we all know how powerful they are....but..and I say but.. do they use this power to try and curb the violence that breaks out on this planet? oh nooooo they stand back and watch us die over and over and over again in a pointless conflict

I for one simply do not want to see our lives whisked away, and I am taking a stand against it. Tyranny is the word I would use when describing the ICC, many have witnessed the actions of cruel Genetic Manipulators, mass killing for nothing more than personal amusement. They are clever though, and often hide behind huge smiles, or cuddly leet shapes. Open your eyes my dear, this world extends further than a silly lease on a planet and the conflict thereon.
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."