Thread: Thread About an Off Topic Thread

Thread About an Off Topic Thread

So,Ayvalen started a thread that basically was asking, why is there no patch information, when will we be seeing it, and what is taking so long. After a few days of no reply we all started getting a little off topic. Then we got a LOT off topic. Eventually CZ came along and offered this response

We have replied now, and the thread is going completely off-topic. Closing it.

If you want to continue any political discussion or such, please find another bulletin board.

What exactly was his reply you may wonder? Well, on that thread the reply was simply to tell us he replied. On the official community thread the reply was, no estimate yet.

Um, way to spoon out the information CZ. Maybe next time you want to wait a little longer before saying nothing, so that we have enough time to prepare for the shock. Honestly, why is it so difficult to pull information out of these guys? All we want to know is what is going on over there? That's never been answered. We all have our little theories on what it is, but we don't know because we're not being told.

My question is, how is it possible for the players to spend a year complaining about the lack of communication and still not have and meaningful change? There are lots of things people don't like about the game but the universal ones have always been game stability and a complete lack of communication on Funcom's part. The developers continually address stability (and I think they've done a great job), but the communication is still terrible.

Listen, all of us that had gotten off topic were in the Next patch forum. We would have gladly discussed the next patch if we had one to talk about. But since you don't feel the need to giver us something to talk about we'll discuss other things. We've been begging for information on it for more then a month. It isn't our fault you havn't given it to us.

Edit:
    The least you could have done would have been to keep the thing open and move it to another forum. Then we could have continued.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Agree BoomDoom.
    I've seen some patch notes when I've browsed and got lost on FCs webpage. But when I gather information I want them on the board.

I can recall that there's no sticky thread about "Plans for upcoming patch". Then members could also discuss about the content of the upcoming patch... maybe give feedback and even great/good ideas that the devs havn't thought about or noticed.

i.e.
    #1 We are trying to fix the bug on "Faithfull bla blah" wich doesn't display the proper damage.

Feedback from a member: Hey, while you're fixing the damage, wouldn't you look into that same gun, there seems to be a bug wich displays the reqs to dual wield it wrong.

And yeah, ^bump^

PS: if there is such an exsisting thread, I'm sorry if I've not noticed it.

The more I think about this the more it tweaks my poney. How can we off topic when there is no topic? How can Funcom on one hand demand that we discuss only things on the next patch and in the same sentence deny us any information about the next patch?

I just don't get it, and its really annoying the hell out of me.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

It is amazing there have been no notes about the next patch for over a month.

The least FC could do is to say they are not releasing notes because they want to keep changes a secret. Or they are working on pathing or refunds system.

I get the feeling they are developing changes now, so that they can release amazing patches during the rollout of other MMORPGs, but if that is true they should tell us.

Post Off or on topic

The original topic was the lack of information about the next patch. We have a thread for that info here. I really can't give you info we don't have yet.

And a thread where people talk down on different nations and nationalities I do not wish to have on these forums at all, not even in the Off-Topic forum.

The topic in this forum is Next Patch. That there is no official info on it doesn't mean people are free to bring up whatever they please.

As a more important note, I hope to have some proper info for you at the very beginning of next week, though I can't promise anything.

ah ha, I just saw it.
    Not a lot of info to stimulate discussion there

Info in a week, cool.
    Patch in 3 weeks?

Re: Off or on topic

Originally posted by Cz
    The original topic was the lack of information about the next patch. We have a thread for that info here. I really can't give you info we don't have yet.

Mind telling us why there's no info?

And a thread where people talk down on different nations and nationalities I do not wish to have on these forums at all, not even in the Off-Topic forum.

You are aware that in the Off-Topic Forum there is a thread advocating terrorism in real life, right?

The topic in this forum is Next Patch. That there is no official info on it doesn't mean people are free to bring up whatever they please.

Just supply the information, anything. Tell people there's no new news because there was a fire in the building, anything!

As a more important note, I hope to have some proper info for you at the very beginning of next week, though I can't promise anything.
    Well that would be a pleasent suprise
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Re: Off or on topic

Originally posted by Cz

Well if we had som info to talk about the thread might be about that. Not that this makes the topic that was any better, but sometimes treads take a life of their own and spinns of. If you don´t like the topic then just post so, and deleet any that is seriously aginst political correctness (yuk, horrible word). Don´t lock threads that is not from the beginning about just that offspinn.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

Lightbulb Quick reply

BoomDoom, there is no info because we're not sure exactly what goes into it yet. And since we don't know the exact content, we don't know the exact time to make it, hence no ETA.

About the terrorism thread; Please report such posts then. There are more posts on this forum each day than we can possibly read, and the off-topic forums don't get the attention first.

And, as said, we will supply the information when we have it. Updating with "still nothing" every day is of little use.

Thanx

Although that still doesn't explain your refusal to tell us where the stumbling blocks are or why the devs are nowhere with it
    Last edited by BoomDoom; Aug 1st, 2002 at 15:18:15.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Arrow

Hmm, from something stated in one of the community forum threads, it sounded like there is to be a big meeting tomorrow, so I'm guessing that will be when the feature set of the next patch is (mostly) frozen... hence 'something for us next week...'

Just a guess, but sounds plausible...
    Last edited by Darkbane; Aug 1st, 2002 at 15:53:13.

Unhappy

Would be nice if there where some more official word about IP-reset bugg that gimped a some characters (and yes there was one, I wrote down my old stat and skills on my most gimped character before IP-reseting to be able to check if it appear to work properly). I wonder what happened to replies to e-mails to FC as well since I for one never got any after 14.2.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

I can't stop getting irked about this.

Say your boss says to you, "Johnny, go and prepare the Aderson File". Then a few weeks later he comes back and asks you if its done. Your response is "No, and there no eta yet either" and then just walk away.

You don't think the boss is going to be a little curious why its not done. It could be a legitimate reason, but little Johnny isn't saying which leaves the boss to think the worst.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP