Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So Radiman is Back. Now What?

Wink

Originally posted by Ragnar
    Unfortunately - and in-character now, remember! - a *lot* of citizens on Rubi-Ka just can't afford the insurance procedure, even though Omni-Tek has been forced by the ICC to share their technology with all sides, and provide insurance for everyone. Some people - NPCs - are broke. And, if they haven't insured themselves recently, when they die...they die. For real. Virtually.

So to speak.-Ragnar
    It seam a lot of people should learn the art of leet killing that we all get at arrival to RK. A few leet bodies converted to bloodplasma and some gems cut and you are on your way to be a proper productive meber of society.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

Irony

The real irony in the clans' recent decomposition is that traditionally, that was their strength; the clans chaotic and divisive nature made them Omni-Tek's worst nightmare.

Unfortunately, the only way that some order on the clans side will come about will be from a much stronger--and harsher--hand. Being neutral, I don't like the idea of having the clans clamping down on us, so I'm going to support Radiman by default.

Well...you've confused me...

what ever makes you think CoA would "clamp down" on neutrals?
    My MAIN objective in life is to make things easier for Neutrals. Clan CAS has always been exceptionally freindly to neutrals and my goal is to carry that over to CoA in general. After all I'm marriedd to a Neutral...

I guess I just don't see why you think, all of a sudden, people like myself would make life difficult for neutrals under the au****e of uniting the Clans.

Nelida Kerans-Shone
    Advisor to Clan CAS (Member of CoA)

Originally posted by Martov
    The real irony in the clans' recent decomposition is that traditionally, that was their strength; the clans chaotic and divisive nature made them Omni-Tek's worst nightmare.

Unfortunately, the only way that some order on the clans side will come about will be from a much stronger--and harsher--hand. Being neutral, I don't like the idea of having the clans clamping down on us, so I'm going to support Radiman by default.

Perhaps I didn't word it well enough:

What I meant was that for there to be any stability among the clans, a much stronger leader is needed. By stronger, I don't just mean someone who talks big. For a serious attempt at reunification, the clans need someone with an Iron fist who could forge the clans into the Omni-smashers they very well could be.

Unfortunately, 'forging' will probably involve making sure everyone is on the same side and are directing their anger at the same people, whether they like it or not.

You might argue that your new CoA would never do such a thing--but don't be so certain of what you're capable of... it might surprise you.

However, I'm still leaving out the possibility that the CoA might be just and fair, in which case you can expect to have even less success as Radiman has achieved. It took a lifetime for Radiman to earn the level of respect that he has today, what makes you so certain that you can earn that in a few months?

My belief that Radiman is better as leader of the Clans lies in an old saying that goes something like this: better to go with the devil you know, rather than the devil you don't. I've prospered under the relative stability that Ross and Radiman have provided; Yes, there have been difficulties, but I am confident that they can be worked out. Throwing a leader out because of your impatience seems unwise, and could endanger us all.

Is it just me?

OOC
    It sounds to me that what the clans really need to do, is to all unite under one name, while keeping their clan names. Kind of like the 50 different states of America, under the one name and fundamental government. That way they can keep their identities and still be one people.
    I dunno, I just see quite a few parallels with the whole flee from England for freedom, and the civil wars after and such.

The clans keep talking about democracy and all that crap, but there's more chaos and backbiting than anything else.
    It seems to me that the clans keep shooting themselves in the foot.

Of course, they also need a leader who's inspirational as well as one who will take action, and not be stupid about it.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    "Ph43r me! For I am...Darth Sp00n." --my bot belonging to my main character Ruleth.
    Ruleth: Omni-tek aligned 'crat.
    Releuth: Clan aligned MP. (Ruleth's twin sister.)
    RuthieChan: Omni-tek aligned MA.
    Leetaschan: Omni-tek aligned Adventerer.
    And last but not least; Depravedgirl: The neutral aligned Atrox Enforcer who thinks she's a girl, and speaks in falsetto only.

OMNI-TEK huge profits if clans are gagged

We want to see Omni-Tek's accounts published openly

This is our right under ICC rules

We estimate that OT makes a clear profit from notum sales through the galaxy - after all costs - of around 200 billion creds PER DAY

per Rubi-Ka day = 200 billion

Sol Banking has EXTENSIVE holdings in OT, and Sol Banking deals with MUCH of OTs credit flow.

If Sol Banking gains only 1 percent of OTs profits from its huge interest in the Company, then Sol Banking has a 2 billion PER DAY interest in seeing Omni-Tek continue to exploit Rubi-Ka

200 billion creds per day can buy a lot of armed support
    200 billion creds PER DAY can buy journalists
    200 BILLION creds per DAY can pay for Terror, can pay for lies

Sol Banking and Omni-Tek have a HUGE interest in breaking the Clans,in disuniting them, in showing that the Clans are the troublemakers

It is SAID (by the journalists) that no one knows how the Dust Brigade is funded
    It is SAID that the Dust Brigade is clan based

Look at what the Dust Brigade has done and try to see who benefits from this:

The Dust Brigade murders moderates and peacemakers inside Omni-Tek
    The Dust Brigade destabilises the Clans
    The Dust Brigade ensures that BIG MONEY INTERESTS will bring ARMED FORCE from offworld to Rubi-Ka to gag the Clans, so that OT and Sol Banking can continue to make their 200 billion
    PER DAY

200 billion creds - think about it

We want Omni-Teks accounts published
    Who is profiting from Rubi-Ka?
    Who profits from "clan civil war"?

Voice of Freedom, this is YOUR job - get on it.

Zax-ax-atak-qua'zax-ax-zolotl

The Future belongs to us

To all who might think that the clans will start a bloody civil war among themselves just because the Council of Truth, backed by the big old clans that choose to do nothing as well, is in eternal hibernation:

We are that way. Omni-Tek will never understand this, as any other corporation will. We live by our own laws, we do what we want and we do not consider anyone our commander. You might call this Anarchy. Okay, if you wish to do so, then Anarchy it shall be. But do not try to turn your guns on us, Omni-Tek, cause in that very moment, the clans will stop struggling and you will face certain defeat. Yes, Omni-Tek is superior in numbers and they have better weapons, but still they're not fighting with their hearts, they are all mercenaries, fighting for money.

Let us not forget who colonized this planet and terraformed parts of it. Yes, but then again, who put out all those mutants and other mishaps?

Ah, well, and who was the person that blames certain clans of murdering children or other civilians? Please go out of Omni-1 and see what the world is like here on Rubi-Ka. And don't trust blindly what OT tries to tell you. It was OT that enslaved us, it was OT that laid waste to our cities, it was OT that slaughtered us when we chose to be free rather than continue to be treated like slaves.

What do we want? We want a planet governed by the people that live on it, not by some off-world entity that doesn't care for Rubi-Ka except for the Notum mines. We want democracy. We do not want to drive OT from the planet. They will be free to mine Notum as will be every other Corporation that applies for a license and it will be controlled by our government. Why do we dare to claim this? Because we are humans, and because we want to live in a world of freedom and justice.

Omni-Tek has done a lot for this planet, but they have done too many wrongs for us to let them continue that. The Lease for Rubi-Ka is running out in 24 years. We will see to it that no one will get a lease after that.

so long

Kasimodo
    President of the Bronto Liberation Army
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123