Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So Radiman is Back. Now What?

If ICC truely cared...

Then why does your organization continue to give near enternal leases to the Omni-tek robber-barrans who do nothing but suck our resources dry and ship it off-planet in order to gild their own off-world bank accounts?

And what do you suppose the off-world uses of notum are? Any guess as to the percentage that is war related? Might I suggest nearly ALL of it? Sent around the galaxy to wage wars...wars that Omni-tek has NO interest in seeing ended.

If your organization truely cared about this planet and its people it would drastically LIMIT the amount of notum exported and carefully monitor its usage putting an end to war related uses.

If your organization truely cared it would end the current LONG lease and turn Rubi'ka over to the current generations that had NO choice in being here and have been born into virtual slavery.

IF your organization truely cared...but it doesn't...by it's own inaction it simply doesn't.

Originally posted by Zaedia
    Yes, you are correct, mynroe. Perhaps Omni Prime will step in to correct all of the "wrongs" that OT Rubi-Ka hasn't been able to right. But even still, which hypercorporation that steps in is not the primary issue. The true matter lies within how prepared the Clans are to protect themselves and Rubi-Ka from any single one of the other hypercorporations that still present a threat to those of us who live on Rubi-Ka.

Though my ties are with the ICC, I was born on Rubi-Ka and still regard it as my home. This is why I transferred from the ICC Medical Corps to the ICC Expeditionary Forces, so I could be re-assigned to Rubi-Ka after my requisite assignments and training abroad was complete. Rubi-Ka is a glittering jewel in space that must not be marred by human greed. I believe the Clans have the ultimate destiny to become the stewards and custodians of this beautiful planet and to protect it from all those who seek to gain profit at the expense of all else. I know I can't possibly be alone in my opinion about this. The Clans cannot afford to lose everything because they wish to place ALL of the burden on Radiman and the Council of Truth without bothering to take on any responsibility on their own.

All who live on Rubi-Ka must take the responsibility of ensuring a secure future onto themselves. Like it or not, we all need each other to survive, regardless of political affiliation. If Omni-Tek didn't have the support of the Clans in the Corporate Wars, Rubi-Ka would've been lost to someone else. If the Clans didn't have Omni-Tek with their superior military weapons systems, Rubi-Ka would've been lost to someone else. Peace is the only solution to all of our problems. Don't let artificial barriers such as politics get in the way of reaching out and helping a fellow citizen of Rubi-Ka. Those who cry out for blood and thirst for murder must not be allowed to dictate our collective fate simply because they make the loudest noise and have the sharpest teeth.

The Clans and Omni-Tek are not each other's true enemy. If we allow this fragile peace to crumble and erode, we will all be our own worst enemies and we will all fail in our mission to protect a planet we have come to love so much.

Zaedia
    Combat Medic, 5th Medical Corps
    ICC Expeditionary Forces

Re: If ICC truely cared...

Originally posted by Nelida
    Then why does your organization continue to give near enternal leases to the Omni-tek robber-barrans who do nothing but suck our resources dry and ship it off-planet in order to gild their own off-world bank accounts?

And what do you suppose the off-world uses of notum are? Any guess as to the percentage that is war related? Might I suggest nearly ALL of it? Sent around the galaxy to wage wars...wars that Omni-tek has NO interest in seeing ended.

If your organization truely cared about this planet and its people it would drastically LIMIT the amount of notum exported and carefully monitor its usage putting an end to war related uses.

If your organization truely cared it would end the current LONG lease and turn Rubi'ka over to the current generations that had NO choice in being here and have been born into virtual slavery.

IF your organization truely cared...but it doesn't...by it's own inaction it simply doesn't.

Hehe, and peacful clans never sells any notum but export furniture to gain the weapon they need to wrestle the control over RK from the lawful owner Omni-tech.

Clanners are greedy anarchists that is only in for the chance to gain power they never would have been able to get through the formal channels in OT, since they don´t want a steady work with responsibilities. They are allowed to leave RK anytime they want, but the chance of coming out on top in a revilutionary war makes them stay.

The only thing that makes clanners have any freedom is the fact that war is not profitable for OT. For OT it would make better sence to sell OT products to the clans in return for notum etc. But clanners are just not willing to live in peace and stability, they just have to tear down our supportive OT-corperation since it stands in the way of powermad clan leaders and total domination of RK.

The fact is that most OT employees are just common workers that does a hard days work to gain the profit of stable career, while all clanners just want everything now or it will be hell to pay.

Well if you ask me clanner are just lazy hippies with an attitude.
    Any of you clanners are free to prove me wrong by try to hold down a job for a few years, but I doubt that you will be able to do that. All that work and no killing or anarchy will be to much for you.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

Re: If ICC truely cared...

Do not dare to pretend the Clans don't have blood on their own hands. And don't you dare even pretend that the Clans haven't made a killing from the black market in the form of illegal Notum exportation to Omni-Tek's competitors, like the Sol Banking Corporation, for example. Or has your memory conveniently forgotten all about that?

The ICC can only do so much to affect commerce but it cannot change human nature. Instead of pointing your finger at everyone else, I would strongly advise you direct your righteousness against your own corrupt leadership. All I ever hear from the Clans is how Radiman has done nothing and how the Council of Truth has done nothing. Now you hold the ICC responsible for your woes? What have YOU personally done to make Rubi-Ka a better place other than complain about how everyone owes you everything? You imply that the ICC's inaction to help the Clans on Rubi-Ka is a crime. Well if that's the case, then you should arrest yourself and all of the other complacent Clan members who sit around and complain about everything under the suns.

No one on Rubi-Ka is born into virtual slavery so you can save your melodramatics for the community playhouse. I was born into a poor family in Tir but I left Rubi-Ka and became educated. And I came back hoping to contribute to the well-being of ALL Rubi-Kans. Instead I returned to world where the Clans have de-evolved into a murderous group of noisy do-nothings and expect everyone to do everything for them. You and your generation are weak in mind and in spirit. You have squandered the greatness that once lived in each and every single Clan member. What happened? Have you all become so comfortable with self-pity and unfocused rage that you can't even make any long-term goals that don't involve the massacre of every single Omni-Tek employee?

The warcry I'm hearing from the Clans is, "NOW IS THE TIME FOR ACTION!" Okay, what action? Action to build a positive future for yourselves? Or a future of more bloodshed? You can accuse the ICC for doing nothing to stop the wars that are happening around the galaxy, but that is an empty concept for you because you know you don't care about anyone else but what's happening RIGHT HERE on Rubi-Ka. Have you even asked yourself what the Clans are going to do once you've chased Omni-Tek and the ICC away? 10 Cr says, "No."

When you can think of a long-term plan on how to manage Rubi-Ka and keep it safe once Omni-Tek is gone, let me know and I'll shed my blood, sweat, and tears right with you because this planet is my home too. We are all tied together regardless of race, gender, age, or politics. The next war on Rubi-Ka will be the very last one and I can guarantee that no one will be left standing. Not you. Not me. Not Ross. Not Radiman. No one.

Zaedia
    ICC Expeditionary Forces

Exclamation Re: If ICC truely cared...

The assumption that your complaint makes is that clanners are the lawful owners of the planet Rubi-Ka, which anyone with any historical knowledge at all will tell you is false.

But of course, no true clanner will concerns themselves with historical truth. As long as you lot can make use of Omni-Tek employee's children for bombing practice you'll be happy as a leet.

Good idea but I'd say you better include large clans like MD and CAS in that group...

Originally posted by Scorus
    Since this was posted on the Story Discussion forum and not the RP forum, I'll speak OOC about it.

The current council can work IF:

1) The larger player clans are represented on it.

2) The council commits to meeting WEEKLY and coming out of each meeting with a plan as to what the clans will do THAT WEEK! Not at some time in the nebulous future.

This means that Funcom would have to assign one person to play each of the NPC clan head roles and that person would have to be in attendance at each of these meetings (not 100% attendance, but no frequent absences). So there would be a single person always playing Radiman, one playing Galahad, one as the head of the Sentinels, one as the head of New Dawn, and one as the head of each of the other NPC clans that have been created.

Then invite the leaders of the following to join (based solely on membership stats at ymera.com): Airhawk Alliance, Opposing Force, Storm (*groan*), Rebel Armed Faction, Diversity, Red Tigers, Exodus, Lost Chapter, Shadows of Snarf, Guild of Metaphysicists, 3305 Local. Tell them they are only welcome if they are ready to role-play.

Then, of course, do the same thing with Omni. Then allow territory to change hands and you might just have yourself something resembling a storyline.

Scorus

*yawns at the political rhetoric*

What I was questioning is Omni-tek as the "lawful owners of the planet Rubi-Ka". I'm questioning that any entity can in fact "own" a planet. I am NOT questioning that Omni-tek terra-formed part of this planet and hence has a right to extract resources to an extent as to reclaim the expense and make a profit BUT that does not mean I agree with the "ownership" or even the "lease" arrangement with ICC.

And the crap about bombing OT children? Give me a break. While I will acknowledge attrocities on BOTH sides I have to point out that I watched both my parents die in front of my eyes by Omni-Pol...without so much as a by-your-leave let alone a trial. They left ME there as bait for my sister, crying over my dead parents...who, for some odd reason, never made it to reclaim.

The person YOU are talking to though is a self-proclaimed pacifist so bombing children isn't exactly my style.

Originally posted by Salada
    The assumption that your complaint makes is that clanners are the lawful owners of the planet Rubi-Ka, which anyone with any historical knowledge at all will tell you is false.

But of course, no true clanner will concerns themselves with historical truth. As long as you lot can make use of Omni-Tek employee's children for bombing practice you'll be happy as a leet.

Last I checked, Storm had a couple hundred members. The Story Orgs have thousands of members. Don't try to be so bold as to assume some pissant splinter guild is as important as those who fought the Civil War.

Likewise, don't try to pretend that some leader of a puny radical military drill team or radical terrorist group has anywhere the support of Legends like Radiman, Galahad, Silverstone, etc. You have no right to even have your names spoken in the same breath as the people who made it possible for your powerstruggle to even take place without the fear of Juggernauts sending your souls to a faulty reclaim terminal.

Sick fools who turn their backs on their saviors. Forget the past and be doomed to repeat it and be damned for bringing a hellstate upon your neighbors.

Work within the system to achieve your goals (I forget just what is wrong with life as a clanner, remind me) and be lauded as the men and women who made a difference. Tear the system down and God have mercy on your souls.

If you're allowed to pledge your guild's fealty to Silverstone, for example the terrorist clanner who's stirring all this up, then fine. You get a voice through the Sentinels.

Just don't think that you matter all that much in the grand scheme of things when one Dust Brigade leader can wipe out your whole damn guild. You need the protection of the superpowers.

Riddle me this wanna-be-clan-emperors: can your guild create something like the Tarasque? .... No? The Knights can. You want to piss them off because of what?

I didn't hear what you wanted the CoT to do over the last 5 or 6 months. Why again is it that you all feel so afronted? Last I checked, Rubi'Ka was firmly in a peace state and has been so for years and years. The problem is what again?

Oh, yeah. No spotlight for the vanity hounds and no war for a band of displaced soldiers to fight. Truly sad how people like this can stir up discontent among the less educated in an effort to suit their own means.

You and I may not be far from agreement actually...

While I question Omni-tek's ability to live in harmony given the past I do acknowledge that we are dependent on them, or on the hypercorporations in general. We need them both for our imports and for our protection from off-planet forces that would like our notum for themselves...including other hypercorporations as have been pointed out.

What I envision is a Rubika "owned" by the residents NOT by off-planet interests like ICC, or any of the hypercorporations. Then a self-governing Rubi-ka grants the leases for the well-controlled mining of notum.

Here I have to digress just a bit since I am of the opinion that current notum mining is way out of hand. There are serious concerns from some on this planet that rely on the existance of notum to survive. These concerns must be taken into account and today they are not.

Back to the original topic...
    It is in the interests of the native Rubikans to issue leases and pemits for mining and export of notum for two very good reasons; the imports we need and the protection from OUTSIDE influences we need. On the second point I would NEVER agree to hypercorporation military forces being stationed on Rubi-ka. I would agree that such forces need to be available on short notice...although it is unlikely that any outside force could amass quickly enough to take us by surprise.

As to internal security, we would have to have our own planetary police force, or even a private police force we hire. BUT, it should NOT be by one of the hypercorporations that have a vested interest in our resources as this creates a conflict of interest.

My personal feeling is that the more hypercorporations we write contracts with the better off we are as each will be balanced by the others. It should be the job of our elected officials to see to this balance and to the well regulated mining of notum.

This planet wide governing body should be equally represented by ALL residents of Rubi'Ka...those we call Clans, Neutrals and even Omni employees. It should NOT have voting representatives from the hypercorporations executives nor any of their military personel that are off-world people only stationed here temporarily.

While I feel having Omni-tek as one of the lease or contract holders would be problematic for those of us that clearly remember the atrocities, I also feel that Omni-tek employees have too much of a stake in Rubi'ka to ignore. Learning how to live with those that may have wronged us is going to be a difficult task for all parties.

And there is the opinion of a Terrorist-Baby-Bombing-Clanner...interesting contrast to what some might have you believe about us 'eh?

Originally posted by Zaedia

Do not dare to pretend the Clans don't have blood on their own hands. And don't you dare even pretend that the Clans haven't made a killing from the black market in the form of illegal Notum exportation to Omni-Tek's competitors, like the Sol Banking Corporation, for example. Or has your memory conveniently forgotten all about that?

The ICC can only do so much to affect commerce but it cannot change human nature. Instead of pointing your finger at everyone else, I would strongly advise you direct your righteousness against your own corrupt leadership. All I ever hear from the Clans is how Radiman has done nothing and how the Council of Truth has done nothing. Now you hold the ICC responsible for your woes? What have YOU personally done to make Rubi-Ka a better place other than complain about how everyone owes you everything? You imply that the ICC's inaction to help the Clans on Rubi-Ka is a crime. Well if that's the case, then you should arrest yourself and all of the other complacent Clan members who sit around and complain about everything under the suns.

No one on Rubi-Ka is born into virtual slavery so you can save your melodramatics for the community playhouse. I was born into a poor family in Tir but I left Rubi-Ka and became educated. And I came back hoping to contribute to the well-being of ALL Rubi-Kans. Instead I returned to world where the Clans have de-evolved into a murderous group of noisy do-nothings and expect everyone to do everything for them. You and your generation are weak in mind and in spirit. You have squandered the greatness that once lived in each and every single Clan member. What happened? Have you all become so comfortable with self-pity and unfocused rage that you can't even make any long-term goals that don't involve the massacre of every single Omni-Tek employee?

The warcry I'm hearing from the Clans is, "NOW IS THE TIME FOR ACTION!" Okay, what action? Action to build a positive future for yourselves? Or a future of more bloodshed? You can accuse the ICC for doing nothing to stop the wars that are happening around the galaxy, but that is an empty concept for you because you know you don't care about anyone else but what's happening RIGHT HERE on Rubi-Ka. Have you even asked yourself what the Clans are going to do once you've chased Omni-Tek and the ICC away? 10 Cr says, "No."

When you can think of a long-term plan on how to manage Rubi-Ka and keep it safe once Omni-Tek is gone, let me know and I'll shed my blood, sweat, and tears right with you because this planet is my home too. We are all tied together regardless of race, gender, age, or politics. The next war on Rubi-Ka will be the very last one and I can guarantee that no one will be left standing. Not you. Not me. Not Ross. Not Radiman. No one.

Zaedia
    ICC Expeditionary Forces

Omni-Tek's lease is set to expire within most of our lifetimes. That's not the issue.

The issue is a small group of agitants trying to upset the apple cart for their own purposes before the lease runs out.

The issue is whether or not the 'New Clanners' should be allowed to turn their backs on those who have provided them Insurance, Merit Boards, Livelyhood, the cities of Tir and West Athen, occupation of Omni-2, entertainment facilities, ....

'Ownership' of Rubi'Ka is a topic for another discussion. One which will become moot (or alternatively more heated) before another generation inhabits the planet. When Omni-Tek's lease runs out, they are required to set up a self-governing system and deal with the citizens of Rubi'Ka as customers rather than landlords. The Clans and Omni-Tek will both become less relevant as they slip into the pages of history.

The question is whether or not to depose a legend at this point in time because he took a peacetime sabbatical in the fading wake of the memory of a bloody civil war at a time when little to no issues of great import were grating on his charges.

You keep mentioning...

"...their own purposes..." and "...turn their backs on..." yet you can not substantiate any of these statements with words or deeds.

That you somehow see a PEACEFUL gathering at CoT and a speech by Redruum, that you have YET to hear, as a conclusion of "agitant" is quite beyond my reasoning ability.

And just WHY do you believe we want Omni-tek to set up our government FOR us? Is this MORE of your idea of Freedom?

Nobody is denying that CoT served well in its time. That, however, is NO reason to allow them to stay in power once their usefulness to US has diminished. It is our right to put into place a governing body that we feel serves our needs. It is NOT the right of a governing body to maintain it's power when the people it governs no longer wish it.

We are simply stating that fact and proposing a change. Are you saying it is NOT our right, under the ideals of freedom of speech, to state our displeasure and ask for change?

I believe we just saw a member Clan of CoA rush to CoT defense...even though it seemed to be a false alarm. Not only were they allowed entry into CoT but they NEVER lifted a finger to "depose" CoT. Instead they guarded our current leaders until the danger was deemed over...then left peacefully. Explain THAT if you believe we wish to "depose" CoT by military coup.

Your rhetoric aside, we are not here to gun down CoT; we made our feelings clear, we are proposing a change and then we will wait and see what they say.

Clearly we want to choose our government for ourselves....now and after Omni-tek leases expire. We will NOT have others dictate to us what government form we live under. Elect yes, dictate NO.

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    Omni-Tek's lease is set to expire within most of our lifetimes. That's not the issue.

The issue is a small group of agitants trying to upset the apple cart for their own purposes before the lease runs out.

The issue is whether or not the 'New Clanners' should be allowed to turn their backs on those who have provided them Insurance, Merit Boards, Livelyhood, the cities of Tir and West Athen, occupation of Omni-2, entertainment facilities, ....

'Ownership' of Rubi'Ka is a topic for another discussion. One which will become moot (or alternatively more heated) before another generation inhabits the planet. When Omni-Tek's lease runs out, they are required to set up a self-governing system and deal with the citizens of Rubi'Ka as customers rather than landlords. The Clans and Omni-Tek will both become less relevant as they slip into the pages of history.

The question is whether or not to depose a legend at this point in time because he took a peacetime sabbatical in the fading wake of the memory of a bloody civil war at a time when little to no issues of great import were grating on his charges.

This is really getting sickening. Will somebody tell us what the Council of Truth did wrong so that they must be overthrown? Until we hear something that is so heinous that a government needs to be destroyed, I cannot accept this an anything other than a power ploy.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it must be a duck.

This whole thing is almost comical in that the ones who must be under the burden of proof do nothing to provide the acts of wrongdoing that must go punished. Politicians and propagandists often get away with this sort of behavior.

It boggles the mind how some gang led by a terrorist can simply expect to waltz into town and destroy the fabric of an established and thriving society.

Anybody with halfway lucid vision is surely smacked between the eyes by these actions as being nothing more than a pure attempt to put ones self at the head of the table and have the press run stories about THEM rather than Radiman. A grasp at immortality plain and simple.

What do these people offer in terms of tangible benefits? What exactly are they going to do that the Council has not been able to achieve already? Ask one of the prominent leaders and he'll cover up desires of an all out war with silly promises of 'safety'. Generals are not happy when they are relegated to sipping lemonade in the safety of their courtyards. It gnaws at them.

How about we ask again. What has the Council done that was so agregious. What happened? They turn down a request to move some rubble in Old Athen? Awww, shucks. So you decide to hold a revolution and throw them out of office. Nice one. Realistic views there.

It seems that such a movement as is certain to thrust the planet in a full scale bloodbath would not be looked fondly upon by either of the governing organizations. Perhaps you might like to experience having your token boards revoked and getting you asses kicked by Omni-Tek and Council troops fighting side-by-side for the stability and good of Rubi'Ka's future?

Politicians and strategists learn early on to gauge the fallout from their words and deeds. I see a steady stream of self-serving jargon by a couple 'good buddies' spewing forth with no concern for the ramifications since as we know 'death is not permanent'.

I have no desire to see further war in my lifetime. It is not an enjoyable backdrop to one's movement towards natural death. If these people manage to spill the planet into a bloodbath in their egotistical quest for headlines and glory, may their souls be damned forever for dragging innocents into unwanted suffering on the backs of several of the most deadly sins. Raise their names up there with the Snake and Judas as betrayers of mankind.

Do what you wish. Just be very certain of the benificence of the so-called 'leaders' of this movement. Look them in the eyes and make sure that the glow you see is not fueled by Lust of some sort and contrast this to the pureness of Henry Radiman and his purpose and Love for his people. If you can continue in good conscience supporting these people, then I'm wrong.

Which brings up a point. Do people die of old age now with insurance terminals on Rubi Ka?

Heh, Zylina. Just ask David Marlin when he shows up to straighten things out.

I suspect you'll find the answer to the creation of life and the re-incarnation of the soul in the Shadowlands.

A soul can get tired. The body might live forever, but spirit is not infinite.

Originally posted by Zylina
    Which brings up a point. Do people die of old age now with insurance terminals on Rubi Ka?
    Yes. Insurance reclaim is highly unreliable for and/or entirely unusuable on people who are younger than I think 20, or who are over the age of 75, from what I read in the Timeline.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

What is getting sickening is that YOU keep using...

purposely inflamitory words like "overthrow", "destroyed", "punished", "immorality" and still... "terrorist".

I have repeatedly pointed out to you the fallacy in EACH of these descriptions and asked you over and over again to explain what insight you have that makes THESE terms fitting. To this moment I've neither convinced you that your portrayal is incorrect nor have you shown ANYONE that it IS correct.

And STILL you somehow insist that CAS and MD leaders are setting themselves up to rule over a military dictatorship. Where is any evidence for that? I have none and I am very MUCH interested in self-governing NOT another dictatorship of any kind. It's like you are not hearing ANYTHING I'm saying here.

I might add I have the exact SAME problem with many neutrals that somehow want to insist CAS is a terrorist organization that kills neutrals and neutral guard. Despite the fact that we have very specific rules against that AND that no one to date has shown me a CAS member violating said rules, I STILL get this kind of garbage thrown in my face.

I'm convinced most of you simply like to believe this despite reality.

Tell me Bio...since both seem so terribly similar, is it YOU perpetrating this fallacy?

I'm done talking...go and listen and judge for youself if this is a military overthrow.

This is really getting sickening. Will somebody tell us what the Council of Truth did wrong so that they must be overthrown? Until we hear something that is so heinous that a government needs to be destroyed, I cannot accept this an anything other than a power ploy.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it must be a duck.

This whole thing is almost comical in that the ones who must be under the burden of proof do nothing to provide the acts of wrongdoing that must go punished. Politicians and propagandists often get away with this sort of behavior.

It boggles the mind how some gang led by a terrorist can simply expect to waltz into town and destroy the fabric of an established and thriving society.

Anybody with halfway lucid vision is surely smacked between the eyes by these actions as being nothing more than a pure attempt to put ones self at the head of the table and have the press run stories about THEM rather than Radiman. A grasp at immortality plain and simple.

What do these people offer in terms of tangible benefits? What exactly are they going to do that the Council has not been able to achieve already? Ask one of the prominent leaders and he'll cover up desires of an all out war with silly promises of 'safety'. Generals are not happy when they are relegated to sipping lemonade in the safety of their courtyards. It gnaws at them.

How about we ask again. What has the Council done that was so agregious. What happened? They turn down a request to move some rubble in Old Athen? Awww, shucks. So you decide to hold a revolution and throw them out of office. Nice one. Realistic views there.

It seems that such a movement as is certain to thrust the planet in a full scale bloodbath would not be looked fondly upon by either of the governing organizations. Perhaps you might like to experience having your token boards revoked and getting you asses kicked by Omni-Tek and Council troops fighting side-by-side for the stability and good of Rubi'Ka's future?

Politicians and strategists learn early on to gauge the fallout from their words and deeds. I see a steady stream of self-serving jargon by a couple 'good buddies' spewing forth with no concern for the ramifications since as we know 'death is not permanent'.

I have no desire to see further war in my lifetime. It is not an enjoyable backdrop to one's movement towards natural death. If these people manage to spill the planet into a bloodbath in their egotistical quest for headlines and glory, may their souls be damned forever for dragging innocents into unwanted suffering on the backs of several of the most deadly sins. Raise their names up there with the Snake and Judas as betrayers of mankind.

Do what you wish. Just be very certain of the benificence of the so-called 'leaders' of this movement. Look them in the eyes and make sure that the glow you see is not fueled by Lust of some sort and contrast this to the pureness of Henry Radiman and his purpose and Love for his people. If you can continue in good conscience supporting these people, then I'm wrong.

Exclamation <(-.-<)(>O_o)>Q(^_^)O

Ha!

Talking to a brickwall here, Bionitrous .

A brickwall, I may add, built by Clan brainwashing surgeons in the name of freedom indoctrinization sessions. It is horrible to think that the clans can develop and are willing to use such horrible technologies as the machines needed to implant false memory of watching her parents being "killed" by Omni-Pol in Nelida's brain.

We can only pray that one day, after all of the clan's bloodthirsty and terrorist driven leadership is captured or killed for the crimes they commit against humanity, that Nelida may regain her true memory and remembers who was TRULY responsible for the death of her family.

WOW! Now here I find common ground with Bio...

"A soul can get tired." Wow is that every true...very tired indeed... :-)

Heh, Zylina. Just ask David Marlin when he shows up to straighten things out.

I suspect you'll find the answer to the creation of life and the re-incarnation of the soul in the Shadowlands.

A soul can get tired. The body might live forever, but spirit is not infinite.

lol Zylina...when you're gone can I borrow your sig line and carry on the...

post-that-isn't-a-post concept? Greater truths I have not yet read on these boards...

Yup. A lot of people *die* die, though none of them players. You're paying to stay alive!

Insurance technology - this has been mentioned a lot of times, but you might have missed it; check the timeline, too - only works for ages 18-75 (or thereabouts). Why? I'm at home right now, and can't check the Bible on this, but it has something to do with the cellular composition of the body being unstable in very young and very old people - for different reasons. (And keep in mind that everyone grows old, even on Rubi-Ka. Insurance doesn't halt the aging process, although nano-technology can slow it down.)

When the insurance technology recreates a person's body inaccurately, the "soul" - the lifeforce - cannot find its way "home", so to speak. It's lost. The person dies. Permanently.

Actually when you - the player - "die" in AO, you don't really die. The lifeforce, the energy that contains your being, your experiences, your memories and your personality, jumps into a perfectly cloned body. That's what you're paying for when you access an insurance terminal; the cost of organic assembly (which is minor, but hey, it's business!). The soul-jumping bit just...happens. Only on Rubi-Ka, mind you. Why? I'm not telling! But it's got a lot to do with the element we know as "notum", which is also...uhm.

Unfortunately - and in-character now, remember! - a *lot* of citizens on Rubi-Ka just can't afford the insurance procedure, even though Omni-Tek has been forced by the ICC to share their technology with all sides, and provide insurance for everyone. Some people - NPCs - are broke. And, if they haven't insured themselves recently, when they die...they die. For real. Virtually. So to speak.

There's also a pretty high failure-rate on insurance technology (though this doesn't affect you, the player), meaning that some people come back...wrong. Twisted. Mad. F**ked up. Yes. You'll see some of these guys around; some of them might be mistaken for mutants, or just branded as eccentrics or "mad scientists". But they're no longer human, not really. Something strange and frightening has happened to 'em. Something that explains why...uh. Can't tell. Not yet.

Last but not least, there's been several instances of sabotage on insurance-pattern banks - by the Dust Brigade, for instance, back during the last civil war (again, check out the timeline), meaning no one's really safe (except you, the player, 'cause you'd be pretty pissed off if we permanently wiped your character, wouldn't you? ).

So, this isn't a world where life's eternal, or where "death isn't fatal!" as OT's marketing campaigns proudly proclaim. Insurance is just insurance; it's not immortality. And on a planet like Rubi-Ka, with its, uh, "interesting" wildlife and crazed, bloodthirsty citizens, you definitely need some kind of insurance.

-Ragnar

Thanks for the response Ragnar. I think that's the first time anyone of you at Funcom gave me a pleasant suprise.

So in this world we play in, there IS a soul. And I take it that IT does grow old regardless of how many perfect bodies we create to house it? And it grows 'old' at the same rate we've all associated aging with? 90 yrs? 100 yrs?

Anyways, thanks again for the quick response to that question. Any chance background info like that could become more common and easily obtained through the website at some point? I did read the timeline. Your explanation was a little better. :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast