Thread: There's STILL two lethal combat bugs!

There's STILL two lethal combat bugs!

Please wait for your previous special attack to complete.
    Etc...

Secondly the NPC traders apparently still have that +100% crit buff as they always, _always_ crit you even with evades maxed out. Did I mention that they _always_ crit you?

This one's just annoying:

First Aid skill available.
    [press First Aid shortcut]
    Unable to perform action, able in 3 seconds.
    [curse profusely]
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; Aug 1st, 2002 at 09:45:08.

That's only half the truth... it's more like this...

<mob here> parried your attack
    Action not avalible
    Brawl avalible
    Unable to perform action, able in 2 seconds.

You get the point...
    Rebekah Poachie Vein - Lvl 200 Omni-Tek Bureaucrat - Equipment
    April Poachinator Joor - Lvl 150 Omni-Tek Enforcer - Equipment

There was a reply from funcom for the Please wait for your previous special attack to complete bug,
    there is a timer on your computer and a timer on the serveur,
    the timer of your computer show how many time you have to wait to do again you special attack, but the timer of the serveur go slower, may be cause of the lag so you have to wait 3-4 sec more than your computer show

You mean, you maxed "duck explosions" skill and trader NPCs still crit ya?

Are you set at full AGG? My dodge and evade is maxed, duck is about 100 points lower, and I set my agg/def bar to 60% agg. I RARELY ever get critted. Now, if I'm set full AGG, I notice a big difference with criticals.

-Dez

One thing I love about being a trader is that, after doing ransack skills and deprive skills, my shotgun skill goes way up giving me a higher chance of getting crits. That's why I use a Windchaser shotgun--great crits. I get crits over 800 againts red mobs, and I'm only level 47. My shotgun is QL 77 and only OE prior to running Shotgun Experience. Maybe you should start a trader--if you can't beat them, join them.

Evades have absolutely nothing to do with crits at all.

They only increase your chance of dodging an attack. There is no way to stop a crit. If they have a 75% chance of crit then they will crit whether or not you have high evades.

But I do agree that most mobs crit way too often.

Er, yes, evades affect crits.

When the system does its attackers-attackvalue/yourevadevalue, higher figures cause higher crit chances. The base chance is (supposedly) 3%, but if you have a much higher attack value than the defender's defense, the chance is higher.

And being missed now does affect whether you get critted. It was recently changed so that you cannot crit without hitting first, so you have your crit% chance of a successful attack turning crit, now.

At least, that's the way Funcom explained it. Actual code may vary. (Are you suprised?)

funcom can't blame this on lag, u get this bug even if your ping is 150 ms (which means 0.15 second between u and server).

I can understand how the delay between being told I can use something and actually being allowed to could be due to lack of synchronisation between my computer and the server, though I can't understand why that's the case. The "Please wait for your previous AAARRRGHHHH!!!!!! <frantic hammering on special attack key>" bug can't really be because of that, though, it almost always works the first time you special attack a mob, but subsequent ones during the same fight take a varying amount of time (and annoyed keypresses) to go through, if they ever do. This isn't just annoying and stupid, it also kills people needlessly.

Oh yeah, what's up with the camera in the "subway" style missions anyway?

It's got nothing to do with the timers running at different speeds, thats just a funcom way of avoiding investigating the problem. Different speed timers accounts for the fact that treatment kits, rechargers, specials and everything else doesnt time exactly with when you get the message "treatment skill available" or "brawl available" but still have to wait a second or two. Thats fine I can live with that.

The real problem is when you can't use your special for 20, 30, 40 or even more seconds after you get the message - the only thing that seems to clear it is restarting combat.

It's not even hard to replicate the problem just get any weapon with a special attack (by the way fast attack is far more likely to do it than brawl).

Originally posted by BGumble
    It's got nothing to do with the timers running at different speeds, thats just a funcom way of avoiding investigating the problem. Different speed timers accounts for the fact that treatment kits, rechargers, specials and everything else doesnt time exactly with when you get the message "treatment skill available" or "brawl available" but still have to wait a second or two. Thats fine I can live with that.

The real problem is when you can't use your special for 20, 30, 40 or even more seconds after you get the message - the only thing that seems to clear it is restarting combat.

It's not even hard to replicate the problem just get any weapon with a special attack (by the way fast attack is far more likely to do it than brawl).
    I agree, alot of times I can t launch a Full auto long after getting availability message, only way to fix is stop attack and and then use it.

Not a question of timing either, I started a combat, after first shot on mob, got FA available message. I had time to use MK 10 twice and still couldn t FA. I stop fight and then press FA and bam, works!

Originally posted by DraconianXP
    Evades have absolutely nothing to do with crits at all.

They only increase your chance of dodging an attack. There is no way to stop a crit. If they have a 75% chance of crit then they will crit whether or not you have high evades.

But I do agree that most mobs crit way too often.

crits are dependant on three things:

1) your attack rating;
    2) any crit modifiers you have; and
    3) the evade settings of your opponent.

the higher you have 1 and 2, and the lower your opponent has 3, the more likely you are to crit.