Thread: THIS!!! Is the REAL story! No seriously. not kidding. take a breather and read ppl :)

Post THIS!!! Is the REAL story! No seriously. not kidding. take a breather and read ppl :)

(cross post from basher http://www.ao-basher.com/mem_show_co...&memcategory=1 yeah the thread Ragnar mentioned in his journal

Story. Hmm!
    The animated series was part of the story. and well told.
    The novel is a large part of the story indeed.

I also consider the descriptions of items as part of the story,
    have anyone really bothered to read the descriptions properly?
    Lots of juicy stuff there.
    And some of the mission contracts has story stuff too that is neat.
    Then there is NPC's and what they can tell you. as Rangar himself said, they are doing major revaming in that area.
    Then there are the greenies/ARK's/GM's that also tell stories or rather snippets.

Have anyone been in a store once and suddenly hear "The temprature in the room suddenly drops and you hear a moan" or something. I have. Wonder if that is tied to Shadowlands in some way hmm.

I'm amazed there is no fan AO Story site collecting all the story snippets. There is already a novel worth of stuff that's gone on since the launch and up to now.

Yeah I hate it to when I'm unable to be in "the middle of things" it annoys the hell out of me.
    But I know I cant be everywhere at all times. just like reallife.
    Usually you only get snippets unless you've been there or someone writes a report of what happen and how it ties in to other things.

I really hope that Ragnar after the 4 year arc sit's down (or start now maybe?)
    To write "Anarchy Online Book Two - Shadows of the conflict!"
    so we get a complete picture of all that has happen, is happening right now and will happen.
    Maybe it would be to much to ask of Ragnar to write a book each year.
    Where he emphasize the story arc, the plot twist and maybe picks up a few "player" happenings that tie into the story itself.

I often find myself staring at some structure or area, wondering...
    "Hmm. why is this here? Is there a interesting story behind it or...."

That's the stuff I miss the most. That's the story.
    The story isn't the clans or omni conflict of Shadowlands.
    The Story is the story of that start of it all as described in the first book.
    And what goes on now. how we have evolved, the cloning and reclaim systems etc. The evil that rests in the shadows due to our progress etc. It's a story about individuals. Storys that matter a lot to them but little to others of us. And some things that matter a lot to all of us.
    Yeah a building was blown up. we saw it in the animated series.
    We read it in the news magazine (which I wish existed in some form ingame as well). And you can still see the ruins in Omni-ent.

Recently here on Basher I saw a link to the mainsite (AO site) a article on a Bronto rescue mission. Amazing. I hope Ragnar took notice
    and put some of this stuff in his notes.
    I've been to that factory actually but I never noticed the pens, or the horrible machines used there.

I also tend to stare at the notum canons in Clon****, amazed at the size.
    Facinated at the way they arew loaded, so primitive yet used as a main delivery system etc. I wish I could learn more on how they where built etc, why it was chosen to be that way.
    Maybe with the NPC improvements we can learn this by talking to guards or other npcs?

These are just a few things I've observed of "The Story".
    and therer is a lot more I havent mentioned, and a lot more I don't know or noticed yet waaaaay more.
    Just as in real life it's hard to find all the pieces of the puzzle.
    Players in AO has a nasty tendency to not be so helpfull to each other unless it's attacking the enemy or such.

And man do I agree with Ragnar on the level/kil/level etc things.
    So so wish that AO had used a learning system instead. (the more you use a shtgon the better you get at it and can get better/more difficult shotguns that need more skill/precision)

Before I trail way off I'll finish by quoting the animated series etc. esp the into part of them.

"It's a long way from there to here, to long to ever go back!"

How many thinks it's distance that is ment? Right. I tought it was distance to.
    in a way it is, but it refers more to time and history.
    Whats' been done has been done, there is no way back or means to undo.
    It's been to long since. That's what I read into that simple line!
    (nano tech, the genocide, virus etc etc, and Rubi-Ka up until now).

"It's a long way from there to here, to long to ever go back!"
    "AO is like the ugly duckling, slowly turning into a swan as time goes by."
    Lance Orbin aka Gridfan of GridStream Productions

Thoughtful! Thank you!
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!